Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Bucket Hats ❯ Shopping ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Karui: I know I'm gonna get flamed for this. Deal with it. BTW, I should let you know, that I've always used any and all flames to make pretty burn marks on the walls, and that nothing has not changed.

Cho-Cho: No she's not a pyromaniac, at least I don't think so……………

Karui: And I forgot to add this in the last chapter, but ,for those of you who didn't know, Dameru is how you say "shut up" in a sentence with other words in Japanese. Damere means "shut up" when it's on it's own.

Takeru: Geez, *sigh* Karui doesn't own anything at all.

Karui: O_o I didn't ask you to do the disclaimer, I was gonna have Cho-Cho do it.

Takeru: You control the story, might as well accept it.

Cho-Cho: Whoa, what did I miss?

Karui: Got me.. This has Kenkeru, Miyakeru, and slight, Daikeru

Chapter 2: Shopping

"Absolutely not." Takeru was even more annoyed than she had been the night before. Huh?, wait a sec. Got ahead of my self again, we were somewhere around " Back at each other's throats.", right? -_-U You weren't paying any attention, were you? Oh, well. Now, I think I'll go on to the morning after the whole car incident.

Takeru stirred and sniffed the air. She did NOT want to wake up, but the smell of pancakes was making her rather hungry. She turned and buried her head in her pillow, in an attempt to hide from the smell. When the smell somehow found her nose again, she really didn't have any other choice but to obey her very vocal stomach. She sat up in bed and rubbed the sleep from her sea blue eyes. She looked around her room and saw Patamon sleeping at the end of her bed. It was then that she noticed something odd.

"Since when did I wear pink kitty and puppy Pjs?" She asked herself quietly, then groaned realizing that she had not had a nightmare and she was now a she. That doesn't make much sense, does it? Nevermind.

"Takeru sweetie?" Mrs. Takashi stuck her head it the bedroom door. "Oh, I see you're up. Want some pancakes before the girls pick you up?"

"Uh, `girls'?" Takeru starred vacantly.

"Yes, sweetie, Hikari and Miyako decided to take you shoppi…"

"Shopping?! What for?!"

"For clothes silly. Don't you remember what happened when you woke up, or were you just tuning us out?"

"Ummm"

Mrs. Takashi sighed. "Hikari lent you some of her clothes and then we came home."

"Guess that explains the pajamas."

Her mother laughed. "She said you'd like them. Picked out the clothes herself."

"I'm sure she did."

With one last chuckle, her mother left the room, calling back when she apparently got to the kitchen.

"You might want to get ready, they'll be here at 10:00, in about fifteen minutes! And I`ll be at work tonight!"

Takeru sighed, from what she could tell, today would be a BLAST. Eh, sorry, I'm not good at sarcasm. She got off her bed and walked over to the dresser, where she found an outfit already laid out. It consisted of 1) A small t-shirt that was, very un-surprisingly, pink with ballet shoes and the words "It's a girl thing" written below. 2) Blue jeans that looked as if they were a) way too low and b) fitted so that they would cling to one's skin. 3)Underwear which reminded Takeru strongly of straightjackets, even though they looked nothing like them, and 4) a bandana that had, yet again un-surprisingly, pink flowers printed all over it.

She had just finished brushing her much too long hair when the doorbell rang.

"I'll ge.." Before she could put down her brush she heard the door open, and several voices indicating that her executo, I mean friends, had arrived. "Swallow a frog in the morning and the rest of the day will be easy." She mumbled to herself before she walked out of the bathroom and into the living room, where she found , as suspected Miyako, and Hikari, but, unexpectedly enough, Ken and Daisuke as well.

"Oh crap."

*giggles*

"Holy shit!"

"Uh, whoa."

"Nice look for you Take."

Takeru felt her face heat up considerably. "Next person to comment on the clothes gets to see what my fist looks like up close. Kari picked them out."

"Um, sorry, ready to go?"

"Yeah, just need to get my shoes." She walked to the front door and sat on the floor to put on her usual tennis shoes. She was about to put on her left shoe when a pair of brown leather shoes fell on top of the right shoe. Takeru looked curiously up at Hikari.

"You honestly don't think your guy shoes will fit anymore, do you?"

"Um, guess not." She reached out and began to put and the other shoes. "By the way, Ken and Dai are coming?"

"Yeah, they wanted to help you get through this." Hikari gave one of her brightest smiles once she finished.

"How for exactly did you drag them?"

"She didn't drag us, we came along of our own free will."

"What Ken said! We pretty much wanted to she you get dressed up in dresses and stuff."

"Thank you SO much for your support."

"You're SO welcome."

When the five off them got to the shopping district, Miyako and Hikari insisted that Ken and Davis go get snacks for a minute or so before they came right out and said that they were going to go bra and panty shopping first. This, of course, got them to go off on their own.

They stooped at a ladies boutique first off and were greeted by a woman in a crimson dress suit with a measuring tape around her shoulders.

"Hello ladies, may I help you?"

"Yes," Miyako stepped forward. "We need to buy her a few sets off underwear." She pointed at Takeru, whose cheeks were somewhere around the same color as the woman's suit.

"Really?" The woman smiled. "What size cup does she wear?"

"We don't know at all." Hikari proclaimed a bit too loudly for Takeru.

"Well then, we'll have to fit her. Come on." She started walking towards the back of the store were their were fitting rooms. They walked up to a room with the number "Six" on it. "Wait in here, I'll go get Kathy, she's better with young women."

Takeru looked at her so-called friends and asked, "Just what does she mean by `fit'?"

"She's going to measure your chest size so she can see what kind of cup you need to wear." Hikari spoke casually and leaned against the wall next to the door.

"Errr"

The next forty minutes were a living hell for Takeru. For those of you who have never had your cup size measured, it's not something modest people enjoy all that much, and going around and trying on thousands of pairs of either too tight, too big, too itchy, or too revealing underwear doesn't help all that much either.

The girls (Takeru: Don't say anything, don't say anything, Karui: ^_^) met back up with Ken and Daisuke after picking out a MERE ten bra and panty sets. They then decided to head towards the Gap, and stop at Old Navy afterwards. Takeru was shocked to pick up three pairs of jeans and two tees at the Gap, and four tees and two pairs of jeans at Old Navy.

Miyako and Hikari were considering dragging the boys and Takeru to Limited Too when they stopped and looked at a store that had a glass front and a black archway for an entrance. Miyako squealed and she and Hikari practically ran into the store.

"Uh, think we should go after them?"

Ken and Takeru just shrugged and stepped through the archway.

Inside was mostly black and red. There were clothes (black of course), stickers, bags, figurines, and a good bit more. The boys, and Takeru, split up and wandered around the interesting store. Daisuke fascinated himself with rude stickers, while Ken looked over various accessories. Takeru wandered to the side of the store and looked at some of the clothes hanging on the wall. She smiled at some of the saying on the shirts and laughed at one in particular. "You're just jealous because the little voices are talking to me."

She stopped and looked a skirt. It was black with folds on the sides, and you could see red checkered material through the folds. The was a black belt at the top, and it somehow fascinated her.

"You should try it on."

Takeru jumped. She hadn't noticed Ken walk up behind her.

"Absolutely not." Takeru was even more annoyed than she had been the night before. She was tired of everyone treating her like this.

"You'd look pretty in it." He gave her a warm smile before walking off to clam down Diasuke, who had started laughing his head off at a crude bumper sticker.

She starred at it a bit longer before taking it down and heading towards the fitting rooms. He had been the one who said she wouldn't change back anyways.

The skirt fit perfectly, and Daisuke found a shirt that actually went well with it. "It's cute how you think I'm listening."

They ate lunch at about 1:48 pm, and Hikari and Takeru started a very long conversation on smoothies. The other three were quite used to this by now and just let the old friends talk while they ate their lunch quietly, though with some trouble. Daisuke kept catching himself watching Takeru move, whenever he did this, he would shake his head and start to study his taco obsessively. Miyako, was apparently torn between starting a conversation of her own with Takeru, and avoiding looking at her all together, and ended up just poking her spaghetti around on her plate. Ken seemed to be having more trouble trying to focus on touching his rice, and much less trouble just letting himself focus on Takeru's face and hair. In the end, Takeru and Hikari were the only ones to eat lunch, while the others just threw theirs away.

The finally finished shopping at about 4:30 and started home.

Items bought by Daisuke:

23 Rude stickers

Items bought by Ken

7 New manga books

1 New journal

Items bought by Miyako:

2 Fitted sweaters

1 Pair of low-ride blue jeans

1 Pair of boot-cut blue jeans

1 Teen Berries book

Items bought by Hikari:

2 Sleeveless shirts

3 Pairs of Flares

1 Winter coat

2 Scarves

1 Bag of sugar-free chocolates

Items bought by Takeru:

8 Fitted tees

10 Bras

10 Pairs of panties

3 Sweaters

1 Light coat

1 Scarf

9 Pairs of jeans

2 Skirts

2 Pairs of tennis shoes

3 Informal dress shoes

3 Formal dress shoes

16 Pairs of socks

1 Pair house slippers

2 Bandanas

7 Colored bucket hats

OVERALL TOTAL:

Don't even want to think about it.

Miyako and Takeru were walking back to their building together, swinging their shopping bags as they went. The others had left to go their own ways earlier.

"Takeru?"

"Yeah?"

"Are we still friends?"

"Of course we are! Why would you ask something like that?"

"Well, I'm worried that you changing into a girl will change things with everyone!"

"Miyako?"

"Did you see how Dai was starring at you all day? Even Koushiro and Tai were starring at you yesterday!"

"Well it's not everyday someone you know has their gender switched around."

"That's not what I'm talking about! They were checking you out!"

Takeru stopped at this. "What?"

"You being a girl changes everything! You never noticed it before, but our group is split into boys and girls!" Miyako was in tears now. "Now I don't even have a chance!!" She then ran off, leaving behind a VERY bewildered Takeru.

Takeru stood their for a few minutes, before heading home again. Her life had just gotten a bit more complicated, and equally confusing.

"Takeru!" She spun around at the call of her name. Running up to her was Ken holding a black bag.

"Ken?" When he reached her he held up the bag.

"This got mixed up with my bags."

"Oh" She recognized it as the bag for her black skirt and shirt. She tried to take it away with her left hand, but dropped several others in the process.

"Um, looks like you could use some help getting this all home. Here, let me." He took all of the remaining bags in her left hand and the bags that had bee dropped.

They walked a few block before they passed a woman who looked at the bags and then at them and said, "Oh, what a cute couple."

Takeru blushed horribly and Ken let out a small laugh. "She's right, we would."

"Uh, Ken, what did you mean by that?"

"If you're asking if I have a crush on you, yeah, for sometime now."

"Oh…..why..?"

"I have a good friend who has a crush on you too, and I'd hate to lose their and especially your friendship if I ever said or did anything."

"oh" Was all Takeru could manage then. Ken was being nearly as blunt as Miyako, but with a little more humor in his voice.

"Here we are." Takeru looked up at Ken. They had reached her apartment building. "Come on" She followed Ken into the building and into the elevator. When they reached Takeru's apartment, they both set down the bags outside the door.

"Takeru?"

"Uh, yeah?"

Ken bent forward and kissed Takeru on top of the head. "If you ever need me just call, kay?"

Takeru`s blush was now somewhat purple. "….yeah"

"Seeya!" He walked off towards the elevator and disappeared behind the sliding doors.

Takeru just stood for a while, before taking out her key and going inside and taking a nice long hot shower.

Now, as I'm sure you know, fate can be cruel. Cruel, as in Yamato going over to visit his little "sibling", not finding said sibling, going over to Iori's house to see if he knew where that sibling was, and walking down the hall in time to see Ken kiss sibling on the top of the head.

Karui: So, whaddya think?

Cho-Cho: Confusing, very confusing

Karui: Maybe to YOU it was. I was asking the readers in any case.

Takeru: We have readers?!!?

Karui: -_-** Please review, if only to prove him wrong……. Next chapter will be dedicated to the FIRST person to guess the store the went to, to get that one skirt.