Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Bucket Hats ❯ ????????????? ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Karui: Dumdadee, dumdeeda……………0(^-^)0

Cho-Cho and Takeru: o.O??????

Karui: 0(^o^)0 *whistling*

Cho-Cho: Take, she's scaring me, again. 0.0

Takeru: Um, Karui?

Karui: 0(^.^)0 Hm?

Cho-Cho: What's with you?

Karui: I'm just happy. 0(^.^)0

Takeru: Um, wanna run on the count of three?

Cho-Cho: THREE! *dashes off with Takeru to who the hell knows where*

Karui: 0(^_^)0 Smile, it makes people wonder what you're thinking.

Disclaimer: *back from vacation while Takeru and/or Cho-Cho said disclaimer for it* She owns absolutely nothing.

0(^.^)0 = Monkey face

Chapter ?: ???????????????

Yamato looked down at Takeru, stroking the little one's hair out of her face. She was fast asleep, snuggled between him and their mother, but it was painfully obvious that she had been crying her eyes out when she was still awake. Mrs. Takashi was rubbing her daughter's arm absentmindedly while she read a book, and it escaped Yamato how she could be so calm about this. When your daughter comes home an hour and a half late crying herself sick, you don't just shake your head and tell her it's not as bad as it seems. No, you jump up and hug her for ten or twenty minutes after you've checked her over a few times to make sure she isn't hurt. You pat her back and make her some warm milk with honey, and then you hold her close until she falls asleep and then you watch her for however long she is asleep without even so much as blinking, all the time thinking up ways to murder the person or people that made her cry in the most PAINFUL and excruciatingly slow way possible. Well, that was Yamato's method at that moment. Mrs. Takashi yawned and stood up quietly, she then nodded to Yamato and walked to her bedroom.

Why, in all hell, would someone make sweet little Takeru cry? It made no sense whatsoever to Yamato. He continued to stroke gold locks out of Takeru's face, when he felt something wet on her cheek. He looked down to see her eyes open, watery, and glaring across the room. He followed her gaze to picture sitting on a side table. The picture had been taken a few years ago, and had the six second generation Digidestined kids in it. Daisuke was trying his hardest to squeeze in next to Hikari, while she tried to keep her balance when he pushed his way in. Miyako was making faces from behind Iori, who was trying to keep his head high enough to be in the picture. Ken had a faint blush on his face. He hadn't really wanted to have his picture taken, but had no choice as Takeru was pushing him into the picture. There was Takeru, as Takeru had been back then, a boy, happy-go-lucky and as carefree as the character whose hat he wore. Now, it was so much more complicated than before. A boy stuck inside a girl body for the rest of their life, having to deal with the horrible truth that one friend had had a crush on the old body, and two friends now had a crush on the new body. Want to know a secret? I almost cried for Takeru.

But Yamato couldn't tell this by just seeing the picture, but it was pretty obvious to anyone that the Takeru in the picture was in much better shape than the one snuggled up to him.

"Do, do you wanna talk about it?"

"Not unless you want to hear about first periods and horrible crushes."

"Uh, well, I'd rather not hear about the period, but let's hear about this crush."

"Crushes"

"Yeah, crushes."

"There's, there's someone who's close to me, and just recently broke down because of my changing.''

"Uh-huh"

"And I found out it's `cause that person had a crush on me while I was still, you know, a boy."

"Oh"

"And now I have two friends, who like me this way. I mean *really* like me this way."

"Uh-huh, and?"

"and one of them asked me to the dance Friday, while you keep trying to punch the other out."

"uh, sorry?…………….. He shouldn't kissed you."

"It wasn't like that Yama."

"Yama?"

"That's your nickname, mines Teeks, remember?"

"Yeah, just little surprised."

"Why?"

Yamato felt slightly stupid, and slightly overbearing, but answered the question anyways. "Well, we already seemed to be getting ya know, farther away from each other, and I sorta assumed that you changing would.."

"Pull us even farther apart?"

"Yeah."

"Guess that explains why you've been so pissed."

"heh heh"

"You're my big brother, that certainly isn't going to change just `cause I switch genders. Now, if *you* got switched………"

"Don't even go there" Yamato's face tightened before he realized something. Takeru was teasing him. Well, yeah he'd know it was a joke meant to tweak him, who couldn't see that, but the fact that Takeru had cracked a joke mad him feel better, better to know that Takeru was feeling good enough to do so. "Ya alright?"

"Yeah, I'll be alright"

"I asked if you were already alright, not if you were going to be alright."

"And?"

"And," Yamato put his chin on top of her head and closed his eyes. "if you didn't answer me the first time, it's safe to say you're not completely alright."

"So what?"

"So, just go to sleep. I'll stay here till you *are* alright."

(Karui: I'm sorry, but would the sender of a very hot, sadistic review please go to hell to retrieve said review? Thank you. And it`s not any of the nice "go you" type reviews. Cho-Cho; She just checked her mail and found a review she didn`t quite like. Takeru; NO!!! 0o0 *being very sarcastic* Cho-Cho: Ouchies….)

"Thanx Yama"

"Welcome Teeks"

Karui: *still pissed about review* Geez, nobody's perfect. Would you guys be nicer if I said I was blond?

Cho-Cho: But you're not..

Takeru: It *is* a proven fact that blonds have more fun. -^_^-

Karui: NOT helping! *sigh* please review, non-sadistic reviews, I don't care about flames but no sadistic reviews.