Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Captive Complications ❯ Nothing Inspires Forgiveness Quite Like Revenge ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

Don't own Digimon. More's the pity.

Warnings:

Can anyone tell me where September went? I lost it in the hell known as 'moving'.

As of 08/12/04 (but by the time it was actually posted, it's more like as of 10/04/04), the previous chapter contains an entirely new scene [Dai/Kou]. Has it really been almost two months? *receives glares* Right. Sowwy. As always, the LJ link is a good place to see what I'm doing. And never underestimate the power of the anonymous (or not so anonymous) poke. Whoever poked me on the 2nd gets a box of e-pocky. (No, you don't really get pocky. I'm just saying that.)

Now for the real warnings: No E.T.A. for the next chapter. Recovering hair fetishists, beware. Inappropriate use of pigtails. We've got two guys hugging and kissing and stuff in here, but nothing to go past the PG-13 limit. Probably. ;)

Author's Notes:

Chapter title taken from Scott Adams, USA cartoonist (creator of Dilbert). Quote was found here: www[DOT]quotationspage[DOT]com

Enjoy!

Captive Complications


by Ice'is Blue




11. Nothing Inspires Forgiveness Quite Like Revenge

Stumbling through the pink haze, Yamato crossed to where Taichi was huddled. He sank to one knee and bowed his head. He had a mission. Be nice. Follow Taichi's orders and make him happy. "What is your bidding, my Master?"

Satisfied and more than a little amused at the King's choice of words, Daisuke turned and walked away, dragging a gaping Koushiro with him. Yamato might not kill him for this if the knight didn't have a list of embarrassing things to harass him with. Although... Daisuke mused, maybe the King wants to do this for the Prince. There's nothing in my spell making him call the man 'Master'. Time would tell.

Prince Taichi looked helplessly between the humbled King and the retreating pair. "Hey, wait! You can't leave him here like this. I'm the one who's pouting here!" He chased after them only to run smack into a poof of pink dust.

"Stay," Daisuke commanded. "Until this is sorted out. Now, go back over there."

To Taichi's sight, the nymph and Koushiro vanished into a pink fog and try as he might, he couldn't catch up with them. Not wanting to get himself lost in the swirling pinkness, he returned to the clearing. Which of course, he could see perfectly. Stupid magic.

Yamato rose only to kneel again at Taichi's feet.

"Oh, get up, would you," the Prince growled. The King complied promptly, then assumed a position of attentive readiness. Taichi sighed. "How long are you going to be like this."

"I don't know. I ... " He paused. Something was wrong with Taichi's hands. "You hurt yourself when you fell. May I see?"

Not 'let me see' but 'may I see'. Still, Taichi wasn't a soft maiden who cried at the prick of a finger. "They're just scratched a bit. I'm fine."

"Respectfully, Master, I'll bet that there's dirt in the wounds. It'd be best to wash it out."

"Well, the river's back there and I'm stuck here," Taichi snapped. "So I'll take care of it myself later."

"Ah, but I have water here," Yamato said, unstrapping a skin from his side.

"Wait, you didn't have that before!" Taichi hadn't seen Yamato carrying anything other than his sword.

Yamato gave Taichi a look. "Just because you don't notice something, doesn't mean it's not there."

Taichi bit his lip.

"Hold out your hands, please?"

The scratches did sting a little. And the King was being polite about helping. Taichi held out his arms palms up and turned his face away. It was hard enough staying angry without Yamato being only a pace away.

The King did a quick but thorough job of the washing, then produced a soft cloth and gently dried Taichi's hands. "Feel better?"

Taichi wanted to snarl, but doing so would make him no better than Yamato. "Thank you," he said primly.

If the King noticed the tone, he ignored it. "You're welcome."

Taichi bit back an insult and focused on counting leaves.

***


As Koushiro was being dragged away from the ridiculously behaving royalty, Daisuke let out a small moan. The scholar-turned-knight only had a moment to react as the nymph fell, but he somehow managed to catch the fey.

"Keep moving," Daisuke ordered, his breathing labored.

The knight nodded, towing the half-mobile nymph behind him until they reached the campsite. Daisuke was looking alarmingly pale again. Koushiro sat down at the base of the nymph's tree and pulled him into his lap. "Are you all right? What happened?"

"Forcing Yamato to be nice wasn't too difficult since he has a lot of pent-up lust. But what I did to Taichi... that was just pure mind control. My powers don't work well that way and the price of misuse is exhaustion." He gave a small chuckle. "A part of him must've wanted to stay, though. Or else it wouldn't have worked."

Koushiro smirked at the image of Taichi enjoying being worshiped by King Yamato. "So all that's wrong with you now is that you're drained of energy?"

Daisuke beamed up in surprise at the brilliant man and nodded, snuggling closer into the knight's embrace.

Returning the nymph to full strength would make it safer for everyone, Koushiro thought. Content with this logic, a soft, calculating smile curled his lips. "You can get energy from your tree, I know, but don't you also draw energy from amorous attention?"

Daisuke gulped as a tingle shot up his spine. Koushiro's hands were rubbing lightly against his chest. "T-That's right," he managed weakly.

"Hmm," the knight said in mock-consideration. "Would you be averse to me offering my time and attention?"

The nymph knew he was well on his way to becoming love-drunk. He was fairly certain, though, that this was the stuffy knight's version of a come-on. He did not want to get slapped for this later, however, so it was best to check.

"You wanna make out with me?"

"Mmm," Koushiro agreed, reaching for Daisuke's ear.

And that was the last distinguishable word spoken on the matter for a good long while.

***


Taichi was angry, hungry, and cold. Not in that order, he decided, and he cursed the fact that he hadn't thought to snatch up some food as he'd stormed off. As for the King, Taichi wasn't sure how Yamato could be irritating just kneeling meekly, but the prick was managing it somehow. He had a blanket, Taichi noted. It was wrapped loosely about the King's shoulders, doing absolutely nothing to provide warmth, and meanwhile, Taichi froze in his dress. If Yamato was going to hog the blanket, at least he could make better use of it!

The Prince's anger helped make him warm. A little bit.

"Enough! I'm going to get some dinner. Don't follow me!"

The moment Taichi reached the edge of the clearing, pink fog blocked his path. Undaunted this time, he kept walking. The path has got to still be here. The nymph just has a bit of mind magic. But the further he went, the harder it became to move his legs, and some force began pushing back at him. "Dammit, I'm hungry!" he bellowed into the fog. He struggled forward one more step, but before he could transfer his weight, the force shoved at him and he wound up back in the clearing, nursing a bruised bottom.

Yamato was instantly at his side, offering a hand up. Taichi roughly smacked it away.

"This is all your fault. You're the one who kidnaped me, teased me, made it so that I'm stuck in this stupid dress, and now, because of you, I can't even get any food to eat!" He struggled to his feet unaided. "And all because you're a BIG PERVY PRICK!" He shoved Yamato backward with each of the shouted words."

Yamato looked down at the ground guiltily. With all that he'd done, he had no right to get angry at being pushed around a few times. He felt the compulsion to 'be nice' but it wasn't completely foreign to his own line of thinking. He had to soothe the Prince somehow. "I'm sorry that I've upset you in the past," he said, "and that you're feeling unhappy. Perhaps, though, I can help you?"

Taichi glared at him. What sort of line was that supposed to be? "I don't need your help. Just sit there and be quiet until this dust wears off. Once I can move, I'm leaving -- and you're not going to stop me. That nymph can find someone else to help him do his ritual."

"I could get you food," the King suggested softly. Apparently, the definition of 'quiet' was flexible as far as the Daisuke's spell was concerned. "A nice meal would make you happy, yes?"

Taichi considered the possibilities. There was the slightest chance that he was behaving in an overly cranky manner because he was hungry. It followed, then, that food would improve his disposition and the situation at large. But he wouldn't be really happy until Yamato felt as miserable and humiliated as he did. Oh. His eyes widened, but he didn't let himself grin yet.

"Would you do anything to make me happy, Yamato?"

Anything? Yamato wondered. Probably not, but the nymph's handiwork might not give him a choice. Still, he could win points if he played it cool. "Well, I'm still under the spell. But more than that, I'll do anything to make it up to you. Anything you want, I'll give gladly."

"Anything?" Taichi checked, raising his brow in anticipation.

"Anything, because I trust you. I know you wouldn't ask me to do anything that would be too uncomfortable."

"Oh, I don't know if that's exactly right. All you know is that I'm not keen on the idea of you ravishing me. I may, however, have no qualms about doing the same to you. Come here."

Yamato stood and obediently moved closer. Not that he would admit it, but hearing Taichi ordering him around was rather enticing. Of course, once the spell was off, he'd see that Taichi understood the proper boundaries of their relationship, but for now, it was fun pretending to be submissive.

Taichi closed the gap between them. "Hold still." He let his hands wander over the fabric of Yamato's tunic while his lips latched onto the sensitive point where neck and jawline met. He heard Yamato make a noise, but no mauling grope came. The spell was holding. He bit down lightly, marking the King's smooth skin with his teeth.

Yamato's breath was coming fast and heavy. Try as he might, he couldn't lift his arms to embrace the Prince. His whole body quivered with tension.

"Can you take what you dish out, Your Highness?" Taichi asked him.

Taichi's breath, hot and ticklish against the skin of Yamato's neck, was driving the King to distraction. "Why?" he managed.

"Because you like it. Because I can."

That makes sense, Yamato thought foggily.

"Mmm..." He raked his fingertips up the back up Yamato's skull, threading the hairs through his fingers. "Grow your hair out for me. I want to feel it."

Even if Yamato had wanted to refuse, he wouldn't have been able to. But he didn't want to refuse... Taichi's fingers running through his hair felt too good. He patted his head. "Longer."

Taichi caught hold of the lengthened locks and rewarded Yamato with the kiss on the lips that the blond had been searching for. He slipped his hands beneath the King's tunic, savoring the warmth of Yamato's skin. He forced himself to take a breath and slow this down. He was running out of first-hand experience and he didn't want to venture onto new territory tonight.

Yamato laughed and tried to jerk away when Taichi found the ticklish spot beneath his left rib. The Prince's order kept him in place. "Please say I can touch you, Taichi," he said, not caring that he was begging.

"Not yet. But maybe you could grow your hair down to your thighs? There's so much we could do with it at that length." When Yamato complied, Taichi let the hair fall in strands about the King's body. Backing Yamato up against a tree, he used the tips of one strand to tickle the flesh of Yamato's belly. As he'd planned, the remainder of the hair was getting caught in the rough bark of the tree trunk.

"If you put it up, then it wouldn't get pulled. Maybe like you had it before, in the pigtails, that would work," he suggested. Taichi held his breath, seeing if Yamato would notice his plan. To his relief, Yamato complied unquestioningly with lust-glazed eyes. The ties weren't jewel adorned like the last time, but they did their job.

The Prince smiled, then made a giant theatrical shiver that was only half-faked.

"Cold?" Yamato asked, finally clueing in.

Taichi gave his best miserable expression and nodded. "Would you mind if I had the blanket?"

"Of course. Forgive me." Yamato scowled at himself. Taichi was almost unhappy and Yamato could've fixed it sooner. He had to be more attentive. He wrapped the blanket around Taichi.

"Much better," Taichi purred. He gave Yamato another involved kiss, then bit roughly at his lip as he disengaged. At the King's whine of pain, Taichi assumed a contrite expression. "I'm sorry. I guess I'm hungry after all. Could you get me something? Then maybe after, we can pick up where we left off?"

Ohhhhhh... Yamato liked that idea. He liked it very much. Not the leaving Taichi part... but anything to make the Prince happy. And if Taichi wanted to create more opportunities to award good behavior for, Yamato would happily oblige.

"The stew should be done by now, I think. Would you like me to bring you some of that?"

"Stew would be fine. But only bring one bowl. I wouldn't want you to spill it and burn yourself. You can eat later."

"As you wish, Master."

***


TBC