Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ China dalls that Don't Shatter ❯ Friends Do Care ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter three: Friends Do Care

By Kelly

I finally closed my eyes after lying awake thinking about what happened yesterday. A tingling feeling started to come over me as warmth grew to my cheeks. I couldn't help be smile thinking about my love.

"Well, someone full of smiles today."

I opened my eyes turned my head to see Kenta walk in with three textbooks in his hand. He put them on the table sat down on the chair.

"Well?"

"Well, what?"

"Shish! You are an idiot."

"Oh, and your not?"

"Watch it! I didn't have to bring your textbooks, you know!"

We both sat in silence, I closed my eyes when I heard the door open and close again. I opened my eyes to see that Kenta had left. I looked back at the homework he got me. He had brought my math, history, and the project that's due next week. I started to feel bad for being a little snappy at him when he went all the trouble to bring me my homework.

I closed my eyes again when the door opened again and Hirokazu waked in. He sat down in the chair and looked at the stuff Kenta brought in.

"Oh, it looks like Kenta was just here."

I didn't say anything but closed my eyes when I heard a shuffle of cares. I opened my eyes to see that he was getting ready to play the game.

"Hirokazu, I'm not in the mood to play right now."

"Oh come on, why not?"

"I just want to be alone."

"Come on. Please! I'll let you kick my ass."

"I always kick your ass." I said closing my eyes with a smile.

He sighed, walked to the door. I heard it open and close, my body started to feel relaxed as I closed my eyes again and fell asleep.

I awoke again feeling every rested but my arm still felt like it had a thousand needles in them. I turned my head to see Juri looking at me but she looked terrible too.

"... I didn't want to believe Ruki at first but she was right about you ..."

I frond. What in the hell was she talking about? I hope she wasn't talking about Lee and I.

"What are you talking about?"

"Lee ..."

"Juri --- I can explain---"

"No explanation necessary --- I'm just sorry that I didn't see it before and didn't listen to Ruki ...."

She turned her head with pain in her eyes. But I saw something right then, a flicker of love when she said Ruki's name, the same type that I had when I found that I had feelings for Lee. I smiled put my good hand on hers, she looked at me for one moment.

"You like Ruki don't you?"

She looked wide-eyed at me for one moment then turned her head with a pouting expression as she blushed.

"You're blushing." I teased.

"I am not!"

"What every you say." I said still smiling.

I still grind at her hopping that would change her expression and it worked. She finally sighed looking back at me.

"I guess I can't deny it anymore. I do."

"Then go get her." I insisted still grinning.

"Right now?"

"Right now!"

"Thanks, Takato! I didn't think you approve of it. I knew that you had feelings for her it wasn't until she said that you didn't and that you had feelings for Lee. He's perfect for you. And I hate to admit but you two look cute together."

"Thanks Juri," I said squeezing her hand, "that means a lot to me. I love Lee a lot."

"I know."

She rose to her feet and walked out closing the door. I couldn't help but still smile knowing that everything was going to be all right with her. I just know it! They are close friends, Juri looks up to Ruki. I started to notice that she was looking at her the same way I was starting to look at Lee. With love and passion.

Chapter Four: Trying to Live one