Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Christmas Eve with Digimon ❯ Christmas-Spirits everywhere ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
 
7:00pm…
 
Some of the kids had already gone home to bed in their cabins while the grownups were still out.
 
But Veemon, Gatomon, and Suzy had an idea. They asked Gomamon to digivolve to Ikkakumon, for an experiment.
 
“Okay… this little test here should show us exactly how Santa get his big-belly down those skinny Chimneys tonight.” said Veemon
 
Ikkakumon giggled, “Oh I'm sure it'll work if you though of it Veemon.” He said kindly. “It sure will.” Added Gatomon.
 
“Now remember… you play the part of Santa Claus, and we'll pretend that this crate is a chimney.”
 
“Now we'll see just how Santa does it for ourselves.”
 
“Okay guys.” Said Ikkakumon, then he began to move up a small slope towards the crate.
 
“Ho-Ho-Ho…Here I go. Climbing up to the roof, to get to the chimney… Look out below… Ho-Ho-Ho!”
 
Suddenly he stopped just before the crate. “Uh…hey guys? What do I do now?” he asked. “Just put your first foot down in there.” Said Veemon.
 
Ikkakumon stuffed his huge walrus foot right into the bottom of the box, and then his other front foot.
 
“Well put your other feet!” said Gatomon. “Uh… Gatomon. I don't think that Santa has more than Two feet.” Said Ikkakumon.
 
They decided to try it out in any case, but Ikkakumon couldn't seem to fit his hind-feet in the crate.
“Uh… You guys. It's getting Harder to Ho-Ho-Ho!” he cried. Veemon and Gatomon decided he might need a little help.
 
In almost no time they got his hind-legs into the crate. Now they knew how Santa gets down the chimney.
 
Suzy jumped for joy along with Veemon and Gatomon. “Uh… just one more thing, guys.” Said Ikkaukmon.
 
“Do we know how he gets OUT!!” he said indicating that he was Stuck in the crate.
 
Veemon and Gatomon were stumped again!
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile…
 
Some of the grownups had finished their shopping, and the rest were just heading down into the city.
 
Michael, who was having a chat with Davis. “Well, I'll see you later Davis.” He said pointing at his long list. “I have a few errands to do.”
 
“Okay Michael.” Said Davis, “Oh and, Michael… Happy-Hanukah.”
 
The Jewish boy smiled at his friend. “Why, thank you Davis, and a Merry Christmas to you.” He said and he left.
 
Davis and Kari passed right by me on their way back to their cabin for a quick chat with their Dakari-King.
 
“You know… I think Christmas is even more fun than my own birthday.” I said beaming brightly.
 
Then I started to sing to music be played…
 
* * *
 
[Mykan]
-I can't think of anything that's Finer
To this
guy, Christmas is a Wonder

-Beaming faces everywhere.
Happiness is in the air.
I feels just like a Winter- fair!

(I help TK's kids make snow-angels in the snow.)

I
Love Christmas!

(I go over to a spot where people are exchanging gifts.)

People loaded with good will,
Giving presents. What a thrill!
I nobody gets real ill.

(I hand someone a box of Chocolates.)

I
love Christmas!

(Ken, carrying a tall stack of presents, comes out of a door.)

I can't think of
a holiday like this one, oh so true.
Instead of
getting one present, you just might get more than two!

(Ken nearly drops the gifts, but I help him)

-Here comes Santa, girls and boys!
Fills my heart with love of joys?
I'll tell him where to put his toys!
I
Love Christmas!

And if you want the truth. I am a little fondaboutThanksgiving, New-Years, and Labor Day too!

(Yolei is having trouble hanging a horizontal string with the word NOEL dangling from it...)

-Christmas carols to be sung.
Decorations to be hung.
I'll sing the words upon my tongue!

(I help Yolei with the string.)

I
Love Christmas!

(Outside: three musicians are playing something that sounds like a combination of “Joy to the World” and“The Twelve Days of Christmas.”)
 
(A kettle like one of the Salvation Army's hangs from a nearby tripod.)

-Christmas bells play loud and strong.
Lovely sounds going ding and dong.
It might not last all that much long!
(I give them a Hundred-Dollar Bill.)

Still…I love Christmas!

-I do not want a holiday
With a lot less joy and flash.
I don't want any less smiling
And I don't want dirty trash, yeah!

-Christmas Day is almost here.
When it's over, then I
won't cheer!
I wish it weren't just once a year.
I lov
e Christmas!
 
* * *
 
8:00pm
 
Meanwhile… In Kari and Davis' cabin…Musuko and Koji were in their pajamas, and admiring their gifts to each other under the tree.
 
Musuko looked at the clock… “Well… time for bed, Koji” he said sounding a little edgy.
 
“Yeah... it's bedtime alright, Musuko.” Replied his brother. “Yeah… sure…is!” replied Musuko.
 
No matter how hard they tried, the boys just couldn't keep their eyes off the two little presents under the tree.
 
Finally, something inside them popped. “Oh, Musuko I can't stand it anymore; Let's open these presents tonight.” Said Koji. Musuko agreed all excited.
 
Musuko was given the privilege to open up his gift first, but all he seemed to be doing was staring at the packaging.
 
“Now if I can just slide my finger underneath the paper--… No, how about a scissor… or I could.”
 
“Oh Musuko just open it up.” Said Koji. Musuko hastily opened up his gift which was…
 
“Oh Koji… A Binder with See-through slots Far out.” He said happily. “It's for your Trading-card Collection.” Said Koji.
 
“…It's…what?” asked Musuko staring to sound a little sad.
 
Koji got this binder for Musuko to put his Trading cards in… But Musuko traded his cards to get Koji his gift.
 
Koji then unwrapped his gift from Musuko. “Wow it's a Soap-dish it sure is beautiful, Musuko.” He said cheerfully. “I got it for Sponge-Bob.” Said Musuko.
 
“…You…what?”
 
The Soap-dish was for Sponge-Bob…But Koji had to give away his Sponge-Bob in order to get Musuko's binder.
 
Musuko and Koji were about to tell each other the sad news, when there was a knock at the door. “Come in!”
 
Yolei came through the door with two presents in her arms. “Merry Christmas, Boys” she said merrily. The boy returned the greeting.
 
“I just came by with some Christmas presents for you both.” She said handing them each one of her gifts.
 
Musuko was once again wondering how he should open his up. “MUSUKO…Just open it up already.” Cried Koji.
 
Musuko opened his up and… “Oho… My Trading-Cards!” he said sweetly. “Ms. Yolei… Thank you so much.” Yolei smiled.
 
Koji looked confused. “Musuko… How did Ms. Yolei get your Trading-Card Collection?” he asked. “Never mind about that, Koji. You jus open your present.” Said Yolei.
 
Koji nodded and opened up his gift. “Oh…it's not! It's Sponge-Bob.” Cried Koji giving his little friend a big warm hug.
 
Now Musuko looked confused. “Koji… What was Ms. Yolei doing with Sponge-Bob?” he asked. “Well… it's a long story, but Thank you Ms. Yolei.”
 
“Your Welcome Koji, and you too, Musuko.” She said hugging them tenderly. Once she let go, Musuko realized something.
 
“Hey Koji… We didn't get Ms. Yolei anything!” Cried Musuko. “Oh… you're right Musuko!” replied Koji.
 
“You're wrong boys.” Said Yolei grinning, “I got one of the best Christmas present ever.”
 
“I got to see, that everyone got exactly what they wanted for Christmas… Merry Christmas boys.” She said before leaving.
 
“Merry Christmas, Ms. Yolei!” said the boys. “Merry Christmas Koji!” The brothers shared a warm hug with each other. “Merry Christmas to you too, Musuko.”
 
* * *
 
[Musuko]
 
-Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light
[Koji]
 
From now on,
our troubles will be out of sight
[Musuko]
 
Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay,
[Koji]
 
From now on, 
our troubles will be miles away.
[Both]
Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.
[Musuko]
 
Faithful friends who are dear to us
[Koji]
 
Gather near to us once more.
[Musuko]
 
Through the years 
We all will be together,
If the Fates allow
[Koji]
 
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
[Both]
 
And have yourself
A merry little Christmas now.
 
* * *
 
“Merry Christmas, Musuko!”
 
“Merry Christmas, Koji”
 
* * *
 
8:30pm…
 
Gabumon was still at it, trying to ask Santa for Chocolates for Christmas, and already he had failed twice writing his letter.
 
But Christmas Eve was too late for a letter to Santa in any case. So Gabumon jut walked over to the brown Telephone.
 
This time he knew for sure he wouldn't let his imagination play Chocolaty tricks on him to eat the phone.
 
“Once I get Santa on the phone, I'll ask him nicely to bring me Chocolates…” he finished dialing, and stared at the cordless-receiver.
 
(Oh no, no… Gabumon!)
 
“…And I'll…ask him to bring me.”
 
“Two Delicious… Round… Chocolate…Fudge…covered… Rice-Balls as well!” his mouth was drooling.
 
He popped the receiver into his mouth and swallowed it… only to have a ringing sound escape from his stomach.
 
Suddenly…he heard the echoing of someone else answer the phone in his stomach… “Oh-Boy!”
 
He immediately started pinching a talking at his stomach.
 
“HELLO? …HELLO? …OPE- -OPERATEOR!”
 
“HELLO… HELLO… ANYBODY!”
 
“hello… HELLO… HE- -HE-?”
 
Gabumon had an idea. If he rolled down and forward, he might be able to get close enough to the phone.
 
So he rolled forward, and landed on top of the phone's rest-space and crushed it, Canceling out the transmission.
 
“I think I'd better send a Telegram!”