Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Clockwork Punk ❯ Kiss The Rain ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Here we go, part two! Whoo-hoo! You get to find out about Daisuke's job in this one, yay => Not much of Wallace in this one; he's gonna be more important in the next part. So is Daisuke... most of this has been from Takeru's view, but it's switching next part. Anyways... enjoy it. R&R is dandy =>
Digimon is nooooooot mine. If it was you would have a better dub and a sub, too, and Daisuke would kiss Takeru a few times on da show. Mmm. ANYWAY....

Hikari yawned as she walked through the park, her arm linked around Takeru's. "Soooo tired. I was up late last night," she explained. "I told Daisuke to call me after he got home from work and we talked for a few hours."
"He never calls me anymore," the blonde mumbled resentfully.
"Oh yes he does, he told me so. He says you never call him back."
"He's never home when I call back," Takeru protested.
Hikari shook her head. "You two play phone tag. Either you're out or he's at work or he's out or you're at work or he's asleep or... hrmph. You guys are just too busy."
"He's not too busy for Wallace," Takeru pointed out.
"That's not fair of you. Wallace isn't as busy as you are. They have more common off-time."
Takeru made a face. "He's my best friend, I don't see why he can't make time for me..."
Hikari sighed and was about to respond when she turned to the familiar sound of plastic on pavement. "Well, here. Problem solved."
Daisuke came blading his way down the sidewalk towards them. Swiveling around, he skated backwards in front of the two as they continued down the path. "Hey, guys."
"Hi, Daisuke," Hikari smiled. "What's up?"
"Going to work. Overflow control again. We need to go out tonight. I haven't seen either of you for two weeks." Daisuke interrupted his own conversation, sliding around the two. "Hey, Wally-kun."
Takeru and Hikari turned to see Wallace heading their way. "Wally-kun?" Takeru mumbled bitterly to Hikari, who rolled her eyes at him.
"Morning, guys. Hey Dais," Wallace grinned happily in greeting.
"Dais?" Takeru grumbled.
Hikari elbowed him roughly. "You're immature," she mumbled back. "Good morning, Wallace. How's the city treating you?"
"I love this town. It's so awesome," he smiled brushing blonde hair from his eyes. Takeru noted with a snort of disgust that Wallace had one of Daisuke's bracelets from the rave on his wrist.
"Are we going out tonight?" Daisuke cut the conversation back to himself, pointing at the watch on his wrist to hint at the fact that he needed to get to work.
"I don't feel like going out tonight," Takeru replied shortly. He locked eyes with Daisuke for a brief moment, then turned away heatedly.
Daisuke raised one eyebrow. "Whatever," he mumbled flatly. He spun around and skated off without another word.
"Dais! Hey, Dais, wait!" Hikari called after him. He didn't even glance back. Huffily, Hikari turned and smacked Takeru roughly on the arm. "Jerk!"
Wallace blinked in confusion. "What's all of that about?'
"Nothing," Hikari assured him, linking her arm around Takeru's again. "He's just stupid. See you Wallace, we have to go run some errands for my mom."
"I'll come with you," the American boy offered brightly.
"No thanks. We have to do some talking alone, if you get what I mean. Relationship things, no offense. Come ON, Takeru," the girl roughly dragged her boyfriend off behind her, leaving a very confused Wallace to stare after them.

"You are RUDE! So rude!" Hikari announced to Takeru as they sat over a lunch of seafood. "Why are you being so mean to Wallace? He didn't do anything to you! He's a really nice guy!"
"Because!" Takeru responded. Realizing how hollow that sounded, he began again. "Ever since he's been here, it's not me and Dais anymore. It's always Wallace and Dais. Wallace and Dais, Wallace and Dais. He's got one of Daisuke's bracelets for God's sakes!"
"Takeru, Daisuke has millions of bracelets. It's a general gesture of friendship to give one to people. You know that. He does it all the time."
"He called him Wally-kun. How icky is that?"
Hikari narrowed her eyes. "I made up that nickname. We all called him that five years ago, if you care to remember correctly, you jerk."
Takeru was quite for a moment. "Yeah... but... Wallace calls him Dais. I'm the one that invented that nickname... it's mine. Everyone else calls him Dai-san or Dai-sama or Daisuke-kun even, but never Dais."
"I call him Dais."
"You're different."
"Jun calls him Dais, too. Plenty of his friends do. Nicknames are public domain, Takeru. It's not that big of a deal. You're really putting things out of proportion here."
"Fine. Forget the nickname thing. The point is that Dais is my best friend, and yet he's spending more time with Wallace."
"You can have more than one best friend," Hikari pointed out.
"No. Not Dais."
"I'm his best friend, too, you moron!"
"You're different!"
Hikari slammed her fists on the table in frustration. "You're so jealous! What's the matter with you? He's old enough to take care of himself and pick who he wants to be friends with! Maybe he doesn't want to be best friends with you anymore, did you ever think about THAT?" She stared down at the food before her and ignored the fact that the entire restaurant was turned in their direction, gawking. She sighed. "Okay, I didn't mean that. Forget I even said it, okay?"
Takeru poked at the plate glumly. "Maybe you're right."
"Oh, brother. I'm not right. I just said it to get you to quit making everything such a big deal. Daisuke's your best friend, all right? And he wouldn't do anything to end that." The brunette tapped her fingers on his hand. "You know this. You know he cares. But you're too busy being jealous. He doesn't have any idea you're angry. He told me so. He's completely oblivious."
"He always is," Takeru mumbled. "He's kinda slow, isn't he."
Hikari smiled. "Yes, he is. My point is this: You have to stop whining at me and go talk to Daisuke. It does involve him, after all. It might be nice to let him know you feel left out. Don't just nod at me, say it out loud. Say you'll talk to him."
"Okay, okay," he sighed, glancing at the clock. "I'll go talk to him. Happy now?"
"Yes. Good boy."

Takeru opened the door to CD Reshop and gazed around. The store always looked much larger than it needed to be during the week, but on the weekends like today, the place was packed.
CD Reshop didn't just sell CD's, and it wasn't just a reshop, either. It sold anything even remotely related to entertainment: magazines, graphic novels, videos, video games, and yes, CD's. It also carried random stuff, just plain stuff that isn't even worth going into detail about. But the big attraction for Daisuke was the skater stuff. Decks lined the walls, different shades of wheels, trucks, and grip tape were placed on shelves and racks; the store was everything a punk kid like Daisuke would want.
And today it was filled with punk kids.
The store was owned by a guy named Jay J, a guy with hair that changed dyed shades every week. He'd become fast friends with Daisuke and Takeru after the former drug his friend into the store one day, and after that it was a tradition to visit the store at least once a week. Jokingly, Jay J had said, "God, Daisuke, you're in here so often you might as well get a job here."
And thusly Daisuke got a job.
Most kids their age didn't have jobs. Education was more important. Besides, who needed a job? Parents paid for everything.
But then again, Daisuke wasn't like most kids their age. He didn't care about school, and his parents were stingy with cash flow.
Takeru had a job, too, at a restaurant. He'd gotten it shortly before Daisuke had started working. It wasn't that he was bored like Daisuke, but in a single parent family like his, one could always use some extra cash.
Snapping back to the present, Takeru glanced around the store until spotting Daisuke near the back, talking to someone. Working his way down the aisles and through the crowd, it slowly became apparent who Daisuke was talking to.
Wallace stood about a foot away from Takeru's best friend, and he said something that left Daisuke looking a little annoyed. But before Daisuke could open his mouth to respond, the American boy leaned forwards and locked their lips in a kiss. His fingers locked on the slack part of Daisuke's dark blue work shirt, holding him there - not like Daisuke was trying to get away.
Takeru's mind screamed, and he bit his lip to keep from vocalizing the rage that shot through him. He angrily turned around and stormed out of the store, brushing past customers without saying a word.

For two hours, Takeru sat on a bench in the park, his mind racing.
My friend. My best friend. And this guy is gonna take him away from me in no time flat. Hell, he's already won. I just saw the proof, didn't I? What am I gonna do? I can't handle not having Dais as my best friend anymore. He's everything to me. I need him. He kissed him! Their eyes were closed! No no no no no! I refuse to share my best friend with anyone, especially not that American prick!
"Takeru?" A voice cut him out of his thoughts, and he looked up to see Daisuke staring at him oddly, balancing in front of him on his blades.
"What?"
"Are you all right? You looked a little... out of it, to say the least."
"I'm fine."
Daisuke sat down on the bench next to the blonde and gave a weak smile. "We've been a little off this week, haven't we."
Takeru shrugged coldly. "I didn't notice."
A look of hurt flashed over Daisuke's face. "Well, I did. Suddenly my best friend is avoiding me, won't return my phone calls or my e-mails, hardly even glances my way... and what was up with this morning? Whaddya mean you don't 'feel' like going out?"
"I just don't feel like it, exactly that. I don't have to be on you twenty-four seven, do I?"
There was a long stretch where Daisuke said nothing, then rose from the bench. "Whatever," he finally mumbled out, turning to skate off.
'Whatever' was what Daisuke said when he'd run out of words to express what he wanted to say. He said it when he was at the breaking point of frustration, when he was deeply upset, or any other time where it was easier to ignore the emotions and pretend he didn't care. Normally, this would have been where Takeru switched into comfort mode, going out of his way to make him happy again. But not today, not now. "What does it matter to you anyway?" he spat out. "You've got Wallace now. Who cares what happens with Takeru, huh?"
Daisuke turned, tilting his head to the side in complete confusion. "Eh? Wallace? Is that what you're so mad about?" Takeru snorted and turned away in response, glowering in the opposite direction. Long stretch of silence. Finally, Daisuke held out a hand to catch a raindrop as it fell from the cloudy sky. "I haven't seen him for five years, Takeru," he started. "We shared something then, you know? Something special, like..."
"And what about what we share, Dais? Doesn't that mean anything to you anymore? I would die for you, Daisuke-sama. Don't you understand that?"
Daisuke stepped back, or rather rolled. He was struggling to figure out exactly what was going through Takeru's mind. "Course I do, but... it's just... he's a really cool guy and..."
"What about me?" Takeru snapped. He glared up at the other, reading every bit of hurt and confusion on his face - and hating him for it.
"I'm sorry," was all that he managed out.
"Sorry? You're sorry? Well so I am! You'd rather be friends with Wallace any day; he'd suck up to you more than your stupid little fan girls would. And I mean that literally!"
Daisuke stared at him, one eyebrow rising in surprise. "You think that Wallace... and me...?"
The blue eyes kept glaring coldly at him. "I saw you two kiss. I saw it."
"But... Takeru, that..."
"What? Oh, I guess you're going to tell me it wasn't a kiss! That it only looked like you two were sucking face! Gee, Daisuke, I knew you played roller hockey, but I wasn't aware you also played tonsil hockey! What was that, huh? Did you have something stuck in your teeth and he was just helping? You closed your eyes when you kissed! I saw it, Dais." Takeru turned away one more time, fighting the urge to hit something, because most likely his target would be Daisuke.
For a long time, neither said anything. Daisuke stood there, feeling very idiotic for not understanding any of this before. The rain came down, soaking him through the clothes as he tried to comprehend a week and a half of anger that had flooded out at him in two minutes, and tried to figure out what to say to make it all better. Finally, he slid over in front of Takeru. Expertly snapping the roller blades out from under himself, he crashed down to his knees on the soaking sidewalk, into a puddle that was quickly forming. The maneuver must have hurt, but the boy didn't even wince. He'd stopped trying to think of what to say and just started to talk. "Takeru. I didn't mean to sideline you in any way. Wallace... well, Wallace is just Wallace. But you've been my best friend for five years..."
"Four," Takeru mumbled.
"All right, four. Who the hell is counting. The number of years isn't important to me. I would give up everything to maintain our friendship. I'd... I'd... kill my own parents!"
"But Dais, you hate your parents."
"Oh, right. Umm, okay, I'd... I'd kill Hikari!"
"Dais."
"Look," Daisuke scratched his head. "I need you."
Takeru glanced up from the ground to the face of his friend. Rain poured down his face, his reddish hair dripping rain into eyes filled with desperation.
"Please don't be mad at me."
"I'm not mad," the blonde sighed. "It's just that I don't want anyone to steal my title away when I'm not looking. That's what Wallace was doing."
"No one could ever begin to replace you." The two sat there for a moment before Takeru smiled slightly. Daisuke breathed a sigh of relief. It was over now. "Can I ask you something?"
"Sure."
"What does kissing have to do with any of this?"
Takeru groaned. "You don't get it, do you?"
"No, I don't. I'm stupid, you know that. Enlighten me."
Takeru reached forwards and settled his hands on Daisuke's neck, using his thumbs to tilt his head up. "The thing is... you're mine. And I'm not sharing." He leaned forwards on the park bench and let their lips brush together in a slight kiss. He was more than pleased to see Daisuke shut his eyes as he kissed back.
"But what about Hikari?" the darker boy gasped as soon as the kiss ended.
"What she doesn't know won't hurt her," Takeru replied, brushing the rain soaked hair from the deep brown eyes and going in for another kiss.
"Mmf," Daisuke mumbled. They stayed that way for a few minutes as the rain poured around them. As they kissed, Daisuke started to laugh, ruining the moment. As Takeru broke the kiss, he grinned. "Wallace isn't even a good kisser. And I do have experience in the good kisser department."
Takeru just smiled.


It ain't over yet! >=D