Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Clockwork Punk ❯ Caught Out There ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ack. Shortest part yet! I'm slipping. Anyway... poor Wally-kun. He's been dissed.
I would like to take a moment to say thank you thank you thank you to everyone who took the time to give me a worthwhile review. Special thanks to Kay, who was my 100th review => It means a ton when you guys take even two seconds to write up a review for me, because I work hard on these things and I like hearing when people enjoy them. I'm so so so sorry for not having the time to reply to everyone's e-mail... I don't want you to think I'm being rude, I really do appreciate it, so please keep sending them to let me know what you think =>
Another bigass thank you goes to everyone who writes anything out of the norm, because I'm sick of people who pump up Takari too much. *ahem* Don't get me wrong, I'm a Takari fan, but GEEZ. It's *fanfiction,* people. X_x; *sigh* Another thanks to people who get flamed out the wazoo like I do but keep writing what they want to write. More power to you, I respect you. Anyway, onto the story.

Wallace leaned against the door to the Motomiya apartment, taking shelter from the rain and waiting for Daisuke at the same time. He should have been home by now, having gotten off work thirty-seven minutes and forty-one seconds ago. But Wallace could wait.
If Daisuke was cute five years ago, he was drop dead gorgeous now. Wallace had liked him back then, although since he was only 12 at the time and didn't fully understand his orientation, nothing really came out of it. But now, five years later and completely in control of his hormones (okay, that's a lie. Not really.) he could see the appeal in the boy, in the way he wasn't afraid to be different. The bracelets and rings and necklaces told him so. The way he dressed told him so. The fact that he had stood up on the subway last week and recited the first monologue from Ferris Bueller's Day Off quite loudly and ignored the staring told him so. It was like the rest of the world was so plain and vanilla that it dulled in comparison to this boy who was all 41 flavors in one.
There was also an appeal in the way he was athletic and yet... not. The atheletes in America were the guys on the basketball team and the American-style football teams. And here was Daisuke playing soccer, running track, skating on blades and a board... and from what Takeru said, he was everything else too. He briefly wondered if Daisuke ever played Sora in tennis. He'd been told that, aside from being a DJ, Daisuke sang with excellent talent and played bass - both partially kudos to Yamato. Furthermore, he was an artist of the visual sense, too. His outgoing and friendly personality was the thing that made it all so exciting. Yes... there was certainly a lot that was attractive about Daisuke.
Wallace smiled. He didn't kiss too bad, either.
That was the reason he was here. Post-kiss, Daisuke stumbled over words and mumbled something about not having the time to think it over right now, inviting him to meet up at the apartment after work.
It was after work now - forty-two minutes and twelve seconds - but Wallace would wait.
He watched as a couple made their way along the sidewalk that stretched before the apartment building. One of them was on roller blades, rolling slowly along, he edges of his baggy jeans getting wet. He was wearing a sweatshirt with a hood pulled up over his head to shield from the rain. The other was a blonde, wearing less-baggy clothing and walking, blue jeans just barely clear from the water.
'Someday, me and Daisuke will be like that,' Wallace thought triumphantly to himself. 'Hey, wait a second.' He leaned over the walkway railing, peering down through the rain. It was Takeru! But whoever was on those blades was certainly not Hikari. Maybe it was Daisuke; they were friends, after all. Wallace watched as the blader rolled a 180 and stopped in front of Takeru, fingerless-gloved hands grasping the cuffs of the blondes' jacket. No, it couldn't be Daisuke. Takeru wasn't like that. It had to be a girl. Takeru was cheating on Hikari with some other girl!
The two below him were talking, and then Takeru reached up and shoved the hood back from the others face. The red hair that was no exposed was unmistakable. Wallace's eyes widened. "Daisuke?" he mumbled to himself.
The blades evened out the height difference and Daisuke leaned forwards, planting a kiss on Takeru's mouth. Leaning back with a grin, he said something else before releasing the others sleeves and skating towards the building. Takeru watched him go for a brief moment, then walked off cheerfully, apparently whistling as he walked off.
Wallace fumed as he heard the clunk clunk clunk of Daisuke's blades on the outer stairs and the jingle of his wallet chain as he moved. He gritted his teeth as the skater boy clumped into view, gliding easily down the walk way and fishing the key to the apartment from his pocket. "Hey, Wally-kun!" he greeted the other cheerfully.
"Don't you 'Hey Wally-kun' me," the American grumbled. "Was that Takeru you were just with?"
Daisuke blinked and tilted his head to the side, just like he always did when confused. "Yes...?"
"Are you a male slut or something?"
The other boy blinked. "What? Oh! Oh, God! The kiss!" he smacked his forehead.
"Yes!" Wallace glared at him. "The kiss! Why, Dais? What about me?"
Scratching his head, Daisuke sighed. "How many times have I heard that today..." He unlocked the apartment door and swung it open. "Come on in, Wallace. We need to talk." Wallace shuffled in obediently. "Here, sit down. I need to change into some dyer clothes," Daisuke unstrapped the blades and left them dripping rain on the wooden floor of the entryway. After Daisuke padded into his bedroom to change, Wallace gently moved the wet skate to the tatami before putting his own shoes next to them. He slid into the kitchen and found a paper towel, returning to wipe up the water.
He turned to see Daisuke watching him curiously, hoodie gone and the work shirt abandoned, leaving him in a white undershirt and still wet jeans. "What...?"
"Water ruins wood floors," Wallace explained, handing him the wet paper towel. "Just saving your family some cash."
Daisuke blinked a few times, then shrugged and tossed the paper towel into the trash. "Do you want something to drink?"
"Whatever's fine," the blonde sat down on the couch. He watched Daisuke closely as he stepped into the kitchen and pulled open the refrigerator. Yanking out two cans, he tossed one neatly to Wallace and opened the other for himself. Wallace stared down at the soda, silently cursing Daisuke for wearing something that showed off his athletic build.
Guzzling a long drink, Daisuke returned to his room to change. He started talking, loud enough to be heard in the other room. "You see, Takeru and I have been best friends for five years. Uh, four rather. And, well, there have been times it's gotten a little intimate."
"You're kissed before?"
"Two times. After I told him I was bi, we made out in the school bathroom. And the second time was because we were drunk. But then again, the second time doesn't fully count because I also made out with Taichi... and Yamato too, come to think of it... God we were drunk!" the boy laughed to himself. He emerged from his room, fastening a brown belt around his waist. He was now wearing baggy khaki carpenters with a dark blue side stripe. He hadn't bothered to change into a new shirt, so Wallace could see every muscle of Daisuke's upper body very well defined as the redhead sat down in a soft armchair, folding his bare feet under him. "I guess I didn't think about those other times when I was talking to you. I mean... I figured they were just raw passion, you know? But I see now that Takeru thought they were more. And he wants more, Wallace, he wants to stick with me."
"But he's with Kari!" the blonde protested, sea green eyes focused on the others body.
Daisuke was too dense to notice that he was being thoroughly checked out. "Only for now. We'll see what happens between Takeru and I first."
"He's cheating on her with you, but keeping her as a backup in case things don't work out?" Wallace snorted indignantly.
"Yes," Daisuke responded bluntly. "But let me explain. The theory is that he's just jealous of you, and this intimacy will go away. But we don't know yet. So it would be mean to Hikari to break up with her, and then say, 'Oops! Changed my mind, I want you back!' Not to mention that it would make her angry with us both and most likely destroy our friendship completely. So we're just going to wait."
Wallace peered across the room. "And if it doesn't work out... what about you?"
Daisuke shrugged. "I don't know. I'd need more time to get to know you, honest. I'm sorry that I sort of led you on earlier. I was a little upset about Takeru's short attitude, so my mind was kind of cloudy."
Sighing, Wallace drew his finger around the can. "I see."
"I'm sorry. I want to be friends, you know. I like you. You're fun to hang around with. And who knows what'll happen next in the way of relationships! I'm only 17, my life isn't over yet." Daisuke grinned brightly and pointed at the television in the corner of the room. "Play Dreamcast?"
"Huh? Oh, sure, why not."
The two plopped down on the floor in front of the television and Daisuke handed over a controller. Their hands brushed against each other as Wallace took it, but only the blonde really noticed. "Don't be mad at me, okay?" Daisuke raised an eyebrow as he powered on the system.
Wallace blushed, glancing in the other direction. "I'm not mad. Some things are worth it."
"Okay." Daisuke nodded towards the controller in his hand. "Now don't be mad at me when I kick your ass, m'kay?"
"Not a chance you'll beat me," Wallace shot back. Daisuke flashed a sparkling white grin that made the blonde want to melt, and at that moment his mind was made up.
Ta-daaaaa. Wallsuke is cute but I'm a Takedai girl. As if it weren't obvious. Poor Wally-kun.... One more part to go! Hopefully only one more... sheesh. Now I just have to patch up the whole Takari deal. Bwah ha ha ha.