Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Collide ❯ Take a Ride (V2) ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two - Take a trip (Version 2)
 
All of the chosen in the room stared. Ruki just finished telling them about how they're on a TV show where she lives, a completely fictional, or what she thought was a fictional show.
 
“Wait, how do we know you are telling the truth?” Yamato asked.
 
“Well, Yamato Ishida, bearer of Friendship, you don't. Neither do you, Daisuke Motomiya, bearer of Miracles, or you Hikari Yagami and Taichi Yagami, or you Takeru Takaishi.” Again, they were speechless.
 
“How can you.” She rolled her eyes.
 
“I told you, YOU ARE ALL FICTIONAL CHARACTERS ON A CARTOON SHOW CALLED DIGIMON ADVENTURES, UNDERSTAND?!?! I DON'T KNOW HOW, BUT YOU ARE!!!” They all kind of back up as she calmed down.
 
“Okay, enough about that, weird as it may be, you should probably call your parents.”
 
“Give me a phone then.” Takeru stood up quickly, she was scary to him.
 
“So, are your eyes real or are they contacts.” Ruki looked at him like he was some weird creature.
 
“They're real, why?”
 
“I've never seen anyone with lavender eyes before, they're nice.” Now see, most girls would blush or be flattered, but Ruki, wasn't one of those girls. She rolled her eyes, shook her head, and looked out the window.
 
Over with the other three...
 
“Um, is it me or was Daisuke just flirting, with a stranger.” Yamato asked.
 
“No, he really was flirting. He never flirts with other girls.” Taichi said.
 
“Well, it might be because Takeru and I told him we were going to start dating, he might be trying to get back at us. But he said he was alright with us dating.”
 
“He did?! Hmmm, well ask him again, in private.” Taichi said surprised, but serious.
 
“What?”
 
“Just call him to a corner and ask him if he's really alright.”
 
“Well, I guess.......Hey Daisuke?”
 
“Yea?”
 
“Can I ask you a question?”
 
“Uh sure, what is it?”
 
“Um.....in private.”
 
“Oh, alright.” He stood and walked over to the side, Hikari followed.
 
“So, what'd you want to ask me?”
 
“Daisuke, were you, were you just flirting with her?” Daisuke blinked, then shook his head.
 
“No, I just thought her eyes looked good, I mean have you ever seen lavender eyes?”
 
“They're purple, and no.”
 
“They mean the same.”
 
“Whatever, I just wanted to make sure you weren't trying to get back at Takeru and me.”
 
“I told you, I'm fine with you going out.”
 
With Rika...
 
`Ugh, can anyone be more whipped?' She thought looking over at Daisuke and Hikari.
 
`That was the most unrealistic thing about the show was Daisuke being so in love with Hikari, she doesn't even look that good. And the “my girl” thing was just plain stupid. What does he see in her...............Why am I so worried about it anyway?' She shook her head and looked back out the window, where it was storming.
 
“Here, sorry it took so long-” Ruki snatched the phone and started dialing.
 
`Can you say rude?' Hikari thought.
 
This number does not exist, please check the num-” She hung up.
 
“What the heck?”
 
“What?” Yamato asked, she ignored him and started dialing again.
 
This number does not exist, please che-” She tried two more times.
 
“DAMN!” The others jumped.
 
“What is it?” Daisuke asked.
 
“The damn number doesn't work.” She put her hand to her head.
 
“Okay, why don't I-” He stopped, as he sweatdropped.
 
“Why don't you what?”
 
“I was going to say I'll drive you to your house, but I forgot my car at school.”
 
“What?” Hikari asked.
 
“Well, after I talked to you and Takeru I took a walk.”
 
“Oh yea, I meant to ask you why you were all the way out here without a car.” Takeru said.
 
“Yeah, I sort of quit paying attention and when I realized it I was at the park.”
 
“Sounds like you.” Yamato smirked, “well, after we take Ruki home I'll take you to your car.” Yamato said.
 
“Um, I live in Shinagawa.” Yamato's eye twitched.
 
“I don't have the gas to go that far.” Yamato said.
 
“Well, looks like we're going to my car first.” Daisuke said.
 
“You'll take her?” Taichi asked, not used to Daisuke volunteering to drive someone so far.
 
“She's got to get home, right?”
 
“Yea, but.... Alright, I guess we better leave now.”
 
“Are you sure, Daisuke, it's like more than an hour's drive.” Hikari said.
 
“Yeah, it's no problem, it's not like I have somewhere to be.”
 
“Ok, come on, let's go.” Taichi said.
 
It was pretty much silence between everyone on the way to pick up Daisuke's car. It only fit four of them so two had to stay. Hikari and Takeru volunteered, Takeru said he'd take Hikari home around nine. Daisuke shuddered at what they could be doing. He quickly put his mind back to getting Ruki home.
 
Once they got there, Daisuke told them good-bye, while Ruki muttered a small thanks as she walked over to the only car in the parking lot. It was a five year old Nissan Sylvia.
 
“This is your car?” Rika asked surprised.
 
“Yeah, that's what they all said.” He put the key in the door and unlocked. He sat down, then unlocked Ruki's door.
 
“Ok, well let's go.” He started the car, and then looked at the gas gauge.
 
“You don't have any money do you?”
 
“No.” He let his head fall and smack the steering wheel.
 
“Shit that means I've got to use a twenty.”
 
“Well, we'll stop at the nearest gas station.” Daisuke shifted the car into gear, and then quickly pulled out of the parking lot.
 
They just listened to music, not talking as they drove to the gas station.
 
“You pay, I pump?”
 
“Yeah, sure.” She took the twenty and opened her door, Daisuke followed the motion.
 
“Just put the full 20.” She just walked in, paid the guy, and walked out.
 
“It's so weird.” Ruki said leaning on the gas pump as Daisuke filled the car.
 
“What is?” He said from his spot, leaning on the car.
 
“Seeing you, it's just; I used to watch you on an anime show. I mean it's so eerie watching you, talking to you, hearing you.”
 
“You were watching me?” Daisuke raised an eyebrow and smirked.
 
“Don't get cocky, when I talk to you I see you. They mean the same.” She passed him and got in the car.
 
“Watching me and seeing me are two different things,” he said to himself and smiled. He finished and sat back in the car. They were again on their way.
 
They had traveled all the way to the Rainbow Bridge in complete silence. By this time Daisuke was getting edgy, bored, and tired; which is not a good thing for a driver. So he decided to spark some conversation himself.
 
“So, why were you annoyed when I said your eyes looked good?”
 
“.........”
 
“Okay.”
 
“..........”
 
“..........”
 
“You said beautiful. I hate that.”
 
“Why?”
 
“.........”
 
“..........”
 
“My mom's a model; she always tried to make me like her. She makes me go to these stupid photo shoots, puts a dress and make-up on me, then calls it a day for bonding. All the people there call me pretty, cute, beautiful, and all that. I am not those things, nor do I want to be them. I hate dresses, I hate make-up, and I hate getting my picture taken.”
 
“Ah, ok, so, what would you like me to lie and call you unattractive, ugly, or what?” She narrowed her eyes at him, most would have immediately shut up, but he just laughed. “Alright, alright, I'll just call you Ruki. So, Ruki, you know all about me, what about you?”
 
“Not interested in giving my life story.” Daisuke shifted, then looked left to Ruki.
 
“Okay, how about interests? Anything at all. You said something about a Digimon before, you have one?” She rolled her eyes. “How many times are you going to roll your eyes?”
 
“Why are you so interested in my eyes?”
 
“I told you, I've never seen lavender eyes.”
 
“They're purple.”
 
“Which is the same.”
 
“No it- UGH, fine. Yes, I do, her name's Renamon. Okay, happy now?”
 
“You don't like talking much do you?”
 
“No.”
 
“It's good to talk, it lets you vent.”
 
“Yeah, sure, whatever.”
 
“It is, try one day, you might, like it.”
 
“Fine, you go first.” She challenged.
 
“Ok, ask me something.”
 
“Why do you like Hikari?” He nearly swerved off the road.
 
“.......”
 
“See you don't want to talk either.”
 
“I don't know.” He whispered.
 
“What was that?”
 
“I don't know. That's what I've been thinking about for the past few months, why I fell for her.”
 
“Oh.” They fell back into silence as another ten minutes passed.
 
“Water.” Ruki said.
 
“Huh?” Daisuke asked glancing at her.
 
“I like the water. I like the smell of the beach, at night. That's when no one's there.” Ruki said, staring out the window. Daisuke smiled, not a cocky smile, just a smile.
 
“So do I.”
 
TBC...