Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Collide ❯ New World Order ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Theme
As I walk along these streets, I see a man that walks alone, Distant echo of people's feet, He has no place to call his own, A shot rings out from a roof overhead, A crackhead asks for change nearby, An old man lies in an alleyway dead, A little girl lost just stands there and cries.
 
What would you do, if it was you, Would you take everything, For granted like you do.

A boy just 13 on the corner for sale, Swallows his pride for another hit, Overpopulation there's no room in jail, But most of you don't give a shit, That your daughters are porno stars, And your sons sell death to kids, You're so lost in your little worlds, Your little worlds you'll never fix,
What would you do, if it was you, Would you take everything, For granted like you do.

You turn away, You turn away, You turn away, You turn away, As I walk along the streets, Soaking up the acid rain, Underneath the taxi cabs, I hear the streets cry out in vain.
 
What would you do, if it was you, Would you take everything, For granted like you do.
 
 
Chapter Five - New World Order
 
Daisuke and Ruki had gotten back from the store; Ruki was glad she'd gotten all that she needed. The black car pulled into the parking lot of the apartment and parked, when Daisuke's cell phone began to ring. He pulled it out, but it was an unfamiliar number, he pushed talk.
 
“Hello?” He asked as he opened his door and stepped out.
 
“Time is running out.” The voice said.
 
“What?” Daisuke asked.
 
“Hurry before it's to late, the Digital World is in trouble.”
 
“Wait, who is this?” He asked, Ruki finally became interested as she looked over the roof of the car to Daisuke.
 
“I am an ally, now hurry.” The phone hung up.
 
“What was that all about?” Daisuke asked.
 
Daisuke was still looking at the phone, “I don't know….. Get back in the car.” He opened the door back and sat down.
 
“What's going on and where are we going, damn it?!” Ruki said annoyed, while she sat in the car.
 
“I don't know and the school.” Daisuke explained.
 
“Why?” Ruki asked.
 
“There's a problem.” He had a serious look on his face, he started the car, and then turned the wheel, “put your seat-belt on and hold-on.” The gas was pushed all the way down, the car did a 180. The tires squealed as Daisuke tore out of the apartment parking lot and sped toward school.
 
 
They reached the school in record time, not legally I might add, Daisuke and Ruki quickly got out. Fortunately Daisuke knew where an unlocked window was, he climbed in, Ruki following. Since he didn't have a computer, he had to resort to breaking into the school's computer room and using it.
 
 
They the computers quickly; only one computer was on, it already had the Digital Gate on it. After seeing that, it made Daisuke even more nervous, something was defiantly going on. He pulled out his Digivice.
 
“Ruki, hold on, this can be a little bumpy.”
 
“Now wait just a damn-” It was too late, the bright white light shined and Daisuke was pulled into it, followed by a reluctant Ruki. As usual, it was a rough landing, but the two got up quicker then usual.
 
Before they even had a chance to look around Daisuke felt a sharp pain. “Finally, you've brought her, good work.” That was the last thing he heard before he passed out from the pain, he didn't even see who it was.
 
 
“Daisuke?” A certain voice asked. His eyes opened, then quickly closed back, sensitive to the bright sun overhead.
 
“Are you alright?” The furry blue thing asked from atop his chest.
 
“Yea, what the hell happened?” Then his memory rushed back to him. “RUKI!” He sat up quickly as DemiV-mon flew. Worriedly, Daisuke looked around, no one.
 
“DAMN!” His head was pounding and his neck was aching.
 
“Daisuke, what's wrong?” DemiV-mon asked.
 
“It's my fault.” That was all he said. He stood up and tried to remember what happened exactly.
 
“Daisuke?” DemiV-mon was worried by now.
 
“Oh, I'm sorry DemiV-mon. I was called last night, someone said the Digital World was in trouble and my being the idiot I am, rushed in without thinking and got Ruki kidnapped.” He put his hand to his forehead; suddenly he punched a tree in front of him and cursed loudly. He didn't even feel it, while he turned to the TV screen.
 
“Are you coming V?” DemiV-mon was still paying attention to the dent in the tree.
 
“DemiV-mon?” His attention turned back to his partner.
 
“I'm coming.”
 
 
It was a good thing that it was lunch, since Daisuke completely ignored the fact that it was school hours. He told V-mon to keep out of sight and make his way out; he would meet him at his car. Daisuke pulled out his D-terminal and E-mailed all of his friends that weren't in school. He told them it was an emergency and to meet him a block from the school.
 
He continued dodging teachers for ten or so minutes until he finally made it out, he climbed in his car, letting DemiV-mon in from under the car, his cell phone was in the cup holder, he grabbed it, 31 missed calls shone on it's screen, `mom's gonna be pissed, but I couldn't help it.'. He started it and drove around the block to an empty parking lot, away from school. Soon a blue Lancer VII, a red RX-7 Savanna, and a silver Honda Insight pulled up. Taichi rolled his window down, Daisuke followed suit.
 
“What's so important that you've got to drag us out here?”
 
“Ruki's gone?” Davis said through his window.
 
“What?!”
 
“Acting on impulse I went to the Digital world after I got an call about trouble so naturally I rushed in without thinking or calling anyone. But the second we got there someone or something attacked me; I went out like a light.”
 
“Did you see them?” Yamato asked from the other side of Daisuke, he turned.
 
“I don't even remember going down, much less what took me down.”
 
“Shit, did you call Koushiro?”
 
“His phone was busy. Everyone else is in school right now.”
 
“Okay, we're going to have to get over there, he's the only one who might be able to get us to the Digital World in the place you were last night.”
 
“Yeah.” Daisuke said, worry intertwined in his voice.
 
“Hey, we'll find her don't worry.” Taichi said.
 
“Okay, um, no offence but Jyou, you should ride with one of us, most likely we won't be going slowly and that Insight just can't cut it.”
 
“It's ok, I'll just ride with Daisuke.”
 
“Okay, let's get to Koushiro's.”