Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Collide ❯ Reunited ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is gonna be one hell of a jump, but as I said, confusing for now, explained as the story continues. Meaning flashbacks, some people will be slightly ooc, but not much.
 
Chapter Seven - Reunited
 
Three years have past since that day; I still can't believe I haven't seen them in three years. Yet, here I am staring them in the face, or at least three of them. After such a long wait we're reunited.
 
Flashback…
Taichi and the others had come out of the bushes only in time to see Daisuke grab Ruki and the light overtake them, all six of them, human and Digimon, stared, unable to speak or even move. That is until they saw the cause of the death of their friend. Taichi didn't even have to say anything for Agumon was already in the process of Digivolving. As was Gabumon and Gomamon they moved quickly toward the monster known as Enchantressmon. Taichi had tears of anger in his eyes, his fists were balled, and if he could he would fight the monster that hurt his friend himself.
 
Wargreymon, Metalgarurumon, and Zudomon barreled toward the monster, a smug, smiling look on her face, which only managed to anger the chosen and their Digimon even more. As they neared, their attacks ready, they were cut short, by…V-mon? They are stared dumbfounded;they all sawV-mon get taken in by the blast with Daisuke. Taichi and the other two's thought were broken up as they heard a voice come from behind them.
 
“Go for it V-mon.” The little blue Digimon nodded and began to Digivolve.
 
“Dai, but, you, wait, when the, how the, WHAT THE FUCK?!!” Taichi's head was near spinning by now.
 
“We'll explain later.” Another voice spoke up, Taichi and Yamato, turned their attention to it only to see a more mature looking Ruki, stunning as she was they finally turned their attentions back to the fight, like Jyou had done. The next sight they saw left them awestruck. There stood a towering monster in the place of V-mon. Wargreymon told them it was a mega, but undoubtedly not one he'd ever seen or heard of.
 
“What?! NO, thisis impossible;you are not supposed to exist. I PREVENTED THIS! HOW CAN YOU STILL EXIST IN THIS WORLD?!?” Enchantressmon was scared, knowing she wouldn't survive this.
 
“I don't know how you're still here and you win this one, but this streak won't last long.” She disappeared into a dark mist, the monstrosity known as V-mon mega form, fired blast after blast into the mystic. But to no avail, she'd gotten away.
 
“Damn, she got away.” Daisuke cursed.
 
“Hey, at least you saved them.”
 
“Alright, now I'm utterly lost…” Yamato stood blinking at the two.
 
“Well, I guess we should explain.” By this time, V-mon had de-digivolved and was talking with the other Digimon.
 
And that's where we're at now. Taichi staring stupidly, Yamato hardly able to keep up, and Jyou completely lost in translation. (By translation I mean just not able to keep up, like not getting the full picture.)
 
“Okay, we don't know it all, but here goes. Whenever Enchantressmon attempted to kill us, Ruki somehow flashed us back to her dimension. When we got there, it was in peril and chaos. Apparently another Digimon working for Enchantressmon had taken over. Over the course of a year, Me, Ruki, and her team from over there defeated the Digimon, the 2 years after that, we'd been developing hers and my skills of flashing or transporting through dimensions, only to find out nearly all of the infinity large number of them had also been taken over or were in the process. Then…we came here. It was the most tragic, I won't go into details, but hardly any Chosen children, not even world-wide existed anymore.”
 
“What about us?” Yamato asked him.
 
“You too, none of you even made it past today, when you attacked Enchantressmon you ended up losing.”
 
“Wait, how do you know all this?” Jyou asked.
 
“Like I said three years had passed before we got back here. By that time Enchantressmon had taken over. We think it started with Ruki's dimension, then here, and moved on from there. I know it's hard to believe, but it is true.” Daisuke told them.
 
“Once we'd gotten to a safe place we tried to contact someone, after a few weeks we finally got through to one of Genni's counter-parts, Jason, and the last remaining Chosen children. They told us everything they knew, we helped them fight for awhile as Jason worked on an amplifier for me and Ruki, some we hoped would help us flash back in time. Fortunately it did, since we're here now, but apparently we stayed the same age as before the came back.”
 
“So you're, like, our age?” Yamato questioned in shock. The trio looked at each other after Daisuke nodded.
 
“So, none of us made it?” Taichi asked.
 
“No, but now that's changed.” Ruki said.
 
“What abo-” Taichi began.
 
“Look, we need to get to the others first and explain everything to them too, because I really don't feel like explaining this twice.” Daisuke said.
 
“Oh, good idea.” Jyou said in agreement.
 
The group began their travel toward the nearest portal home. Daisuke and Ruki hung back to talk, they weren't used to the Digital World looking like this, it was weird and awkward. But then again, to the others in a matter of minutes their friends aged 3 years in looks, so that was probably a little bit more weird then the other.
 
Once they were to the portal they transported themselves to the Real World. Nothing was really said between the 6 of them, except who would call all the others. It was late afternoon once they were out to the parking lot. Taichi, Yamato immediately jumped in their cars, Jyou getting in with Yamato, Daisuke hesitated. He grasped the 87' Sylvia's handle and slowly pulled, he let his breath out once he heard it click. He didn't remember if he left it locked or if he even had the keys. He placed himself in the driver's side and sure enough, the keys were still in the ignition. Ruki opened the other door and sat down.
 
“Are you sure that you can still drive a manual?” She questioned.
 
“Yes, of course it's just like riding a bike, you never forget.” He pushed the clutch in and turned the ignition, it started right up. He moved the shifter to reverse and slowly let off the clutch while he slowly pushed on the gas......... It stalled out, Ruki raised an eyebrow.
 
“Just like riding a bike, huh?”
 
“Hey, I'm a little rusty, so sue me.”
 
He went through the process again, this time without any kinks and soon the three cars were on their way. Taichi called Daisuke to tell them that they were going to meet at his apartment. Daisuke agreed and told them he had to stop and get something before, but he'd meet them there. They said their good-bye's as Daisuke's Sylvia turned onto another road.
 
The car stopped in front of a small drug store type place, Daisuke left the car running and walked in. That is after he told Ruki he'd be right back. He walked over to the cashier and asked for a pack of anything menthol, he showed the ID he'd gotten once over the course of flashing dimensions, in one of the peaceful ones, though it was difficult as fuck to get.
 
Soon as they'd come, they were on their way again towards Taichi's apartment.
 
A few hours later, at Taichi's apartment
 
Daisuke sat in awe on the balcony of Taichi's apartment, overlooking the city and looking up at the flawless sky filled with stars. Ruki sat beside him, they had already finished telling the others the whole story, so now they were relaxing alone. Daisuke, wielding a beer in his left hand and a cigarette in the right, looked over to Ruki. She looked over to him only to meet his stare.
 
“What?” She questioned him.
 
“Nothing, I was just noticing how ugly you are in the moonlight.” He smirked as she blushed and turned back forward. They both continued that running joke; she knew it meant the opposite.
 
Meanwhile inside…
 
“Is it me or do they seem waaaaay more friendlily now?” Takeru asked the brown haired teen eavesdropping next to him.
 
“Maybe something happened between them in those three years, think that's possible?” She asked him.
 
“I have no idea.” He turned back to look out the window only to see their lips locked. Both, Takeru's eyes and Hikari's eyes went wide.
 
“I rephrase my answer from no idea to hell yes.”
 
““Hell yes” what?” Taichi asked from behind the two, who both jumped, knocking the plant that was their cover, over. This hit the balcony door, which alerted Daisuke and Ruki of their eavesdroppers.
 
“Oh shit.” Takeru said once he saw Ruki walking up to them. She and Daisuke opened the door.
 
“These two were spying on you.” Taichi said smirking as he did.
 
“No we weren't!” Hikari replied toward Taichi.
 
“So then why were you hiding crouched behind a plant whispering?” He asked them, Daisuke laughed.
 
“Its fine Tai, we don't mind.”
 
“Sorry, we were just trying to find out if anything happened between you two while ya'll were gone.” Daisuke gave Ruki a glance. He smirked then turned and walked back outside with Ruki. Takeru and Hikari were both left standing with a dumb look, they were both wondering if that was a yes or a no, while Daisuke and Ruki returned their attention to the outside world. Daisuke was still admiring her in the moonlight, while Ruki was trying to hide the blush, knowing he was looking at her.
 
“So how long do you plan to keep them in the dark?” Ruki questioned, turning to meet his gaze. Her, let-down, hair fluttering in the light breeze, she looked into his brown eyes waiting on his answer.
 
“As long as I want.” He smirked as he put his cigarette out and returned his ass to its place in the chair on the balcony, Ruki followed.
 
Inside
 
“So, how do we know all of this isn't a joke, or some kind of hoax?” Yamato asked, still unable to comprehend everything that had happened, but he wasn't alone.
 
“Well, take for example Davis; everyone remembers what he looked like when we last saw him, right?” Everyone nodded in agreement, or voiced that they did.
 
“Well look at him now, he's taller, his hair's longer and not as spiked. Not to mention he's more built, I do honestly believe that's not the same Daisuke we knew yesterday.” Mimi explained
 
“Yeah, also their clothes, they both had on different clothes when they reappeared.” Taichi said, throwing in his little plotline of information.
 
“It is the same Davis, but his attitude, style, and looks have changed, almost completely. Hell Ruki did a complete 180 in attitude.” Sora said.
 
“Definitely.” Jyou said and nodded in agreement.
 
Outside
 
“So what are we gonna start with, by helping them I mean.” Ruki asked.
 
“Since we can't go back we might as well make ourselves at home.” Daisuke said.
 
“What about your family here?” She asked him
 
“Well, since you are my family now, they'll just have to deal with it…” He stated.
 
“………..I miss him.” Ruki said.
 
“You aren't the only one, but Jason said he'd train your friends to flash. So when they come he'll be with them, then if we can train my friends we might be able to stop Enchantressmon from the start.”
 
“Well, aren't you the busy thinker.” Ruki said jokingly, knowing where he got it from.
 
“What? I can't have a few beers every once in a-while?” He replied following her joke.
 
“Definitely, you're at your best when you've got a buzz.” She said.
 
“Ha, ha.” He said flatly.
 
“Why the sarcasm, I'm being dead serious.” Ruki said, stifling back laughter. He pouted.
 
“Awwww, that's so cute.” He finally smirked at the joke.
 
TBC