Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Contradictions ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Notes:

Hello Hello fanfiction readers!!! This is Dream-chan with my FIRST ever Digimon fic. I usually write in the SM universe, but I figured that I spread my wings. I can't believe that I'm about to do this, but here it is.

Last year I could barely stand the show and now I (or at least try to) watch every single episode faithfully. Who knew??!? I became a BIG Daisuke fan from the start (I always like the underdog), so if you gonna flame me for this, do it because of bad plot, grammar or spelling, not because of my character preference or the relationship that will be represented in this fic!!! Anyway, like I said this is my first fic, and a YAOI one at that, so please be nice...pretty please!!!!!

Before I forget, I have to give shouts to those authors that inspired me to do this...

Pretty Pretty Princess: Can't wait to see another chapter of Anti-Me, Pink and Green, and just about all your fics.

Cadela: A true Daikeru Goddess!! Even though you cancelled Evolution (sighs heavily), I'm not mad at ya! By the way, Clockwork Punk=instant classic


Rae: The Daikeru Guru. I just love your fics!!!!!! Keep it up, and I can't wait to see the end of Undecided


Lilac: I can't wait to see more from you!!! Still waiting for the rest of Accidents Happen...



Niko: Great job with See With Your Heart. I'm really enjoying it.



Disclaimer:
Digimon is NOT mine. It belongs to Fox Kids, Saban, Toei, and a host of other Japanese companies.

Although, I wish I had my own personal Dai-chan!!!! ^_^

" "=dialogue

~~~=thoughts

>>> <<< = P.O.V.



SORRY ABOUT THE CROSS POSTING!!!!!

Contradictions-Chapter One
Rating: PG-13
Author: Dream-chan






>>>Takeru<<<



It seems that when you can't sleep, a person can have the most profound thoughts.



Pain and Love



Two concepts that are complete opposites, but you can never have one without the other. Believe me, I know this from experience. It seems all my life I have experienced pain whenever it came to loving someone.

My parents, who tore our family apart.


My brother, who I adored, but was separated from because of 'irreconcilable differences'


Hikari, my close friend, and my supposed soul mate that I had used for my own selfish ends.

Patamon, the one who died to protect me, even though he was reborn.

But none of these come close to the pain that I feel right now as I tell this story to you, because now, my pain is incarnate.

Hair as dark as the sun that slips over the horizon during sunset.

Eyes that are made from the richest of chocolate.

A body that any athlete would want to call their own.

An effervescent soul that is so unique to him, that you can't mistake him for anyone else.

Simply put..........Daisuke.


It's been seven years since we since our adventures in the Digital World. Two years since I fell in love with him.

That's right...I fell in love with my former rival, now best friend, Motomiya Daisuke.


Are you shocked yet?


I can tell you, when I came to that realization, I almost couldn't believe it. After all those knock and drag out fights we had, I never thought that we would become the type of friends that we are now. Funny how time has a way of changing things. Only two people really know about what I'm going through. Hikari, because she's the one that made me accept the feelings I held for him, and Yamato because I knew he could relate, seeing how he was madly in love with his own over active goggle head. Truthfully I don't know what I would have done without them. I guess I would have gone slowly insane if I kept this all to myself, but it sure is good to know when the pressure gets too much that you have people to talk to.

Then there is the other obstacle in my way.


Ken Ichijouji.



Dai's other best friend. The other friend that I know for a fact feels the same way that I do.

How do I know, you ask?

Simple. He has all the signs. Lingering looks, faint blushes, slight brushes against the skin, a certain glow in his face whenever Daisuke is near.

Just like me.


Which makes what I will do a bit easier. Ken is a pretty good guy ever since he 'officially' became one of the Digidestined. Daisuke was the first to accept him without question (another reason why I love him). It took awhile for the rest of us to follow Dai's example, but eventually we all warmed up to him, and in return he let us see just who the 'real' Ken is...a kind and gentle person with a brilliant intelligence. However, we almost lost him again to the guilt he felt for his actions as the Digimon Kaiser, but we were able to pull him back from the brink...Thank God.


Maybe it would be better if I just let it all go, even though it would shred my heart to pieces.

Ken deserved some happiness, and Dai would be the perfect person to give it to him.
They were even Jogress partners, so that is clearly a sign that they are meant to be together.


I just wish that it could have been different, but being the Child of Hope I am, I know that
I'll survive.



Looking at the clock on my bedside table, I notice that it's time for me to get ready.
As I tug on clothes and such, I prepare myself for the day ahead. Glancing towards my desk, my gaze falls on some brochures I received for being accepted into a student exchange program.


In the States. Miami, Florida to be more precise.

Fun in the sun and far away from Japan.

Far from him.


The bad thing is, I haven't told anyone about this yet...not even 'niichan. I know that he will see the real reason why I was going, but he doesn't know the pain that I feel everyday just looking, talking, joking with him, and never being able to call him mine. At least the goggle head he was in love with loved him back, while I was only considered a friend by mine....the only relationship I would ever have with him.

I can tell that he is concerned about the way I've been acting, but I just haven't had the will to put up the happy go lucky front that I have all these years. It's hurts me to see the worry and confusion in his eyes, but I don't know what else to do, except to slowly weaken our bond, until thoughts of him will no longer cause my heart to race and make me dream of things that I know will never happen.


As the Keeper of Hope, I know that one day I will be able to tell him without breaking down. I'll stand firm, look him straight in the eyes and say,



Aishiteru Dai-chan.




But this would not be today.


Pushing my binders and notebooks into my backpack, I zipped it up and slung it over my back for the torture that they label as school.


Grabbing a slice of toast on my way out, I said a quick goodbye to my mother and made my way down to Odaiba High and walked towards my heaven and my hell...



My Dai-chan.





>>>Daisuke<<<

He thinks that I don't notice the shadows under his eyes, the way his smiles come less and less often.

He thinks just because I'm the epitome of a jock, I must be thickheaded and don't pay attention to what's around me.

Big mistake.


Sometimes, I wish I knew what was hiding behind those fake smiles and show of happiness that he displayed everyday. When he thinks I'm not paying attention, I can see the pain there, and it make me so furious to know that someone has hurt him.


Why you ask?


Because he one of my BEST friends who I care about...the one that I love with all that I have.


And he's pulling away from me...damn him!


I'll admit, I didn't really notice until he was always too busy to hang out with me, but always has time for Hikari.

Which makes me blindingly jealous.

Don't get me wrong. We both had settled our differences on what we like to call the "Yagami Incident", but now it seemed that he was changing his mind, therefore leaving me really screwed.

There were many times when I wanted to tell him my feelings, but I always chickened out, afraid of rejection.


That's right, the Bearer of Courage was afraid by none other than the Keeper of Hope.

Go Figure.


Right now, I know you're wondering why Takeru?


His optimism.

His innocence.

Not to mention his phenomenal Ishida good looks.


What more could a person want?



Well, I would be happy to have one more thing from him....his love, but I fear I might have lost that chance. With this new found interest in Kari, I just don't know what to do.




If there was never a time to live up to my crests, it would have to be now.


Courage to tell him how I feel

Friendship to find out what was troubling him

Miracles to know that everything will work out in the end.


And it will be done...Today.


Which was why I was running out the door at top speed, hoping to run into a blond, blue-eyed angel.



My Take-chan.







The End or Just the Beginning?




YOU be the judge!!!! When I originally wrote this, I was only thinking of a one shot deal but I can see this easily turning into some more. So what do ya think? Remember that reviews and email is an author's BEST muse!! ^_^



ja