Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Contradictions ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Notes:

Whew!! I can't believe I got such a good response for this fic, cause I thought that it really sucked!! I'm happy to know that there were people that disagreed with me! I'm not really happy with this chapter, so please forgive me in advance for the crappiness. I need a beta-reader as well, so if you're interested, please use the email address below. Anyway I would like to say thank you to all those people that reviewed this fic, and that this chapter is for you. Hope you like it!!!

By the way, all you Ken fans....please don't hate me too much. It's just that Ken has the 'angst' role down pat! ^_^

I forgot to mention the ages in this fic so hear they are:


Takeru/Daisuke/Ken/Hikari=18

Yamato/Taichi=21

Disclaimer: It's not mine........enuff said. If it was, would I really be writing this on a six year old computer? I don't think so! o^_^o




Contradictions: Chapter 2
Author: Dream-chan
Email: dream_chan@hotmail.com


>>>Ken<<<

H mmm....today is going to be a good day.


I had finally worked up the courage to tell you how I felt and to lay my heart on the line. So with resolve I got up, dressed with care, said bye to my parents, and walked out the door towards my school.


Looking at the clock for the umpteenth time that period, I sighed, listening to the teacher drone on and on about some great mathematical theory. Tuning him out, I began to dabble in my favorite pastime.


Daydreams of me and Daisuke.


Daisuke...my Suke-chan.

I don't know where or when I fell in love with you, but I did. I don't think it had anything to do with the way you forgave me for being the Digimon Kaiser, because I now realize I had feelings for you, before then.


You were the first thing in my life that I had no control over. The brash way you fought against me, then afterwards the way you pushed yourself into my life until I had accepted what you were offering.


Friendship...for life.


I was so happy to have a friend..a true friend. Not because of I was the 'child genius', or because I was the 'Rocket', but because I was Ken Ichijouji. I doubt you'll never know how much that has meant to me. Then as the years past, I had to learn how to share you, as we grew up and put aside differences with each other. It was then I noticed I had a rival for your affections...an unlikely one at that.




Takeru Takaishi.


Just thinking his name makes me angry. Why? Because he is in love with you too and he is making you hurt.


You can't hide the expression that comes into your eyes everytime he rejects you, but yet, you forgive him everytime. Without explanation.

You love your friends too much...almost to a fault.


Another reason for loving you.



Suke-chan, you need someone to appreciate you, adore you, cherish you, and most importantly love you.


When I first started to develop these feelings, I ignored them, not because of what society thinks, but rather not wanting to confuse them for the immense gratitude I have felt towards you for lifting out of the stifling darkness. So you can imagine my surprise and fear when I discovered that my feelings weren't going away, only becoming stronger. So strong that you are the first and last thing I think about before I close my eyes.



Now I feel that I can offer you something...something that you helped me find again.


My heart and soul.


My only question is...will you accept it?


If so, it's all yours Suke-chan...has been for years, and you will know all of this.


Today.


>>>Daisuke<<<


"Gomen nasai" I called over my shoulder at the woman I knocked into. I heard her muttering about rude teenagers, but at that moment, there was only one thing on my mind.


Takeru.


Looking up, I see a familiar head of blond, the sun being reflected off the silky strands.

"Hey Takeru" I called out, but he just kept on walking...almost as if he was ignoring me purposely. Which made my temper start to flare.

So I kicked in the afterburners and caught up with him, thankful for playing soccer for so long. Finally catching up to him, I grabbed his arm and swung him around to face me.

Seeing that I wasn't going to let go anytime soon, he sighed and said in the most smallest of voices,


"Hello Daisuke."



I wasn't in the mood for normal pleasantries. So with anger and a smidge of concern, I let loose.


"What the HELL is your problem Takaishi?!?! Why didn't you stop?" I yelled as I tried to get my wind back, worried about the look in his eyes.



"Gomen...I didn't hear you. Now if you excuse me, I'll be late for class. I suggest you hurry up too, you don't want detention again..." he said in the same tone he greeted me with.


"I wouldn't worry about school, because you have other things to do first..." I said, hearing the harshness in the words but unable to do anything about it.

"Such as..." he replied, trying to appear as nonchalant as he could with someone holding on to him as if for dear life.


"Telling me what is wrong and telling me NOW!" I yelled as I began to drag him to the park a little ways from our school. I the stares of people were looking at us strangely, but I didn't care. The only thing that I was woried about was helping Takeru. Whether he wanted it or not.


Once we reached the park, I turned around to see how he was holding up. I did feel a little guilty about how I was dragging him around, but I was getting impatient for him to open up to me. When you love someone as much as I love Takeru, you can't help to want to see them happy. Besides, a depressed Takeru should never exist.


Looking around, I spotted a bench facing the lake and sat down, staring at the lake ahead of us. The breeze from off the lake helped in cooling me down from the mad dash and brisk walk that I had just completed. As minutes passed, the silence became too great, and if anyone knows me, I am allergic to that condition.


"So Takeru.....are you going to tell me what's wrong or am I going to have to resort to more 'physical' tactics?"



He turned to me then, his face turning a nice rosy color, which only confused me even more. What did I do or say that would make him blush? Could it possibly mean that...he...had some feeling for me?


You stupid baka! That is NEVER going to happen. He likes Hikari now, remember?




"No Daisuke-san. I am fine." he said, just looking forward.


~Daisuke-san...Daisuke-SAN?!?!?!??!~ He knows exactly what buttons to push to me into pissed mode.


"Whatever...and what is with this Daisuke stuff? What happened to Dai?" I snapped at him, getting inpatient.



"Gomen..."



"Will you stop apologizing already and just tell me what's wrong? Damn it Takeru...I can't take this anymore. We used to be so close, best friends the last time I checked, and know we barely hang out, much less have a real conversation. Tell me, did I do something?" I asked, not caring if I was yelling and getting angrier by the minute.


"No Dai...it's nothing. Besides I'm not your only best friend. What about Ken?" he said sadly, still not looking at me.


"What about him, Besides, you're also my friend and I want to know why you're pulling away from me." I shot back, wanting to get to the heart of the matter.

I could see that struck a cord cause he suddenly leapt up from the bench, and stalked away. After a few moments, he turned around and I was struck dumb by the blaze that was in his eyes, and just how beautiful he was. My angel.


"I LOVE YOU ALRIGHT!!!!! I love you and I know that I don't have a snowball's chance in hell with you! Are you happy now?!??!?" he screamed, his words rendering me senseless.



~He...loves...me?" was the only thing my brain was capable of thinking at that time, as I sat trying to decipher is this was all a dream a reality that I had wished for so long to be true.






>>>Takeru<<<

I can't believe that I will be in the States within a month. Now that I've actually accepted, it's still hard to know that I will be leaving everything I know...and love


But I know it's for the best, right?


Walking to school, I began to look at my surroundings. The shops that were opening up to start another day of business. The vendors that were setting up their mechandise. The smells from the bakery tickling my nose.

Then I heard the voice that is familiar as my own, the one I adored, the one I feared.


Not looking back, I picked up the pace seeing my destination in site. All I had to do was make it to the front gates of the school and I would be home free.


Of course I forgot that since he was a star soccer player, he knew what the word 'endurance' meant. So I wasn't surpised when a few seconds later I felt someone grab my arm.


He whirled me around to face him, but I didn't want to look him face to face. A lot of people think he is a big blockhead, but when he wants to know something, he can be VERY perceptive, and I didn't want to run the risk of my secret being revealed. It's said that the eyes are the window to someone's soul. Well, I wanted to close the blinds on mine before anything else happened.


So I hung my head, and stood there hoping that he would let me go, but I should have known that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. So I sighed and



"Hello Daisuke." and that is when he blew up at me. He never disappoints me.



"What the HELL is your problem Takaishi? Didn't you hear me calling you?!?!?!"



Of course I heard him, why do you think I picked up the pace you baka. I decided to keep this bit of information to myself. It was then I noticed my feet were moving in the opposite direction I wanted to go. I tried to put up a show of resistance, but that didn't last very long. A pissed Daisuke can be dangerous. So, I just gave up and let him lead the way.


After a few minutes I felt him turn around to look at me, but I kept my head down, still not ready to face him. I mean would you if the person you loved looked at you as they wanted to knock you out?



I just looked forward, not really seeing anything. I figured he brought me here, so it was on him to start the conversation. Plus the fact that he can't stand silence. He told me that once.

"So Takeru.....are you going to tell me what's wrong or am I going to have to resort to more 'physical' tactics?"


~Did he really have to put 'physical' in there?~ I groaned inwardly, as
I continued to stare out at ripples in the water.


"No Daisuke. I am fine." I said calmly, proud of myself for my academy-award performance.


"Whatever...and what is with this Daisuke stuff? What happened to Dai?" he yelled, close to blowing his lid...again.



"Gomen..." was all I could say, not wanting to risk anything else.


"Will you stop apologizing already and just tell me what's wrong? Damn it Takeru...I can't take this anymore. We used to be so close, best friends the last time I checked, and know we barely hang out, much less have a real conversation. Tell me, did I do something?" he asked me angrily, the hurt just beneath the surface.



~You have no idea...~ I mused, cursing myself for causing hurt to enter into his cinnamon eyes.


"No Dai...it's nothing. Besides I'm not your only best friend. What about Ken?" I said, hoping that Daisuke didn't detect my slilght sneer that I put on my rival's name.


"What about him, Besides, you're also my friend and I want to know why you're pulling away from me." he said firmly, not being put off any longer.


Getting up quickly, with rage humming in my veins, I couldn't take the questions anymore and just wanted to be free of the burden I had carried inside for so long.



"I LOVE YOU ALRIGHT!!!!! I love you and I know that I don't have a snowball's chance in hell with you! Are you happy now?!??!?" I screamed, not caring who heard my heartfelt declaration.


After my little rant, I sat down and took a deep breath, and risked a glance at my Dai-chan's face.


I should have known this would happen. He hates me.

Most likely forever.


>>>Narrator's P.O.V<<<



The two boys just sat there, not knowing how the other would react.
Each were lost in their own thoughts, trying to comprehend what had just happened between them.



Not able to stand the quiet any longer, Takeru made the first move.


"Daisuke...Dai-kun...are you okay?" Takeru asked hesistanly, reaching out and placing a comforting hand on his arm. Getting no reaction from Daisuke made him quickly withdraw his arm and stand up. Seeing the still shocked expression on his friend's face, Takeru sighed, and gathered the last of his dignity around him.


~I should be lucky he didn't deck me, but it would have been so nice if things worked out.~ he thought sadly, as he looked at the cinnamon-haired boy longingly, before turning around and walking away.


Hearing footsteps, Daisuke woke from his love induced daze and shook his head to clear it up. Blinking a few times, he looked around and noticed that Takeru was no longer beside him. Alarmed, he looked up and over to see the young man walk away, shoulders hunched down dejectedly.


~Not so fast Takaishi....I'm not through with you yet~ Daisuke thought grimly as he got to approach the one that held his heart.

Seeing that he had gone quite a distance, Daisuke did what came naturally.

Yelling as loud as possible.

"Wait....Takeru...Take-chan!" he yelled, hoping that his friend heard him.

At those words, Takeru stopped immediately, hoping that his hearing wasn't playing tricks on him.

~Did I just say that? Oh well, I guess there is no turning back now.~ Daisuke thought ruefully, as he approached the still figure before him.


"I'm sorry for acting like such a baka back there.." Daisuke began, before he was swiftly interrupted.


"You don't have to apologize..." Takeru said shortly, wishing that the redhead would allow him to lick his wounds in peace.


"Yes, I do. You see there is something that I have to say to you..." Daisuke started, as he tried to close the gap between them.


"I know Dai. Like I said, I'm sorry if this made you uncomfortable or anything, and I'll understand if you want to end our friendship." Takereu said quietly, each word stabbing him in the heart.


Closing his eyes, he turned around and walked away again, hoping this time Daisuke would just let him alone. That was until her heard what sounded suspicuosly like laughter behind him.

Curious, he turned around only to be greeted with the site of Daisuke doubled over, laughing so hard that tears were beginning to form in his eyes.

Takeru couldn't believe it. Daisuke was laughing. At him.

~How dare he laugh at me?!?!?~ Takeru thought menacingly, the famous Ishida temper starting to surface.

Turning back around, he marched over to where Daisuke stood, ready to enact punishment. As he was about to give Daisuke a decent right hook (courtesy of his 'niichan), he was stopped when he looked into eyes that seemed to look right into the center of his being...his soul. He lowered is arm, confused as to where this was heading.


Seeing the different emotions swirling in his love's face, Daisuke just grinned, happy to have the upperhand for once.

"You know, you make it pretty hard for someone to tell you that they love you back..." Daisuke mummured softly, gently pulling the blond into a comfortable embrace.


"Well I...huh ?" Takeru stammered, Dai's words finally filtering into his brain.


With confusion on the other bishounen's face, Daisuke couldn't help for the grin he had on his face to spread wider, until he was smiling so hard it made his cheeks hurt.


"Okay, I'll put it in more simpler terms. Aishiteru. I love you, Take-chan" Daisuke told him, never straying from the sapphire gaze he come to know so intimately.



"Please Dai-ch...suke. Don't do this to me..." Takeru said, his voice trembling with fear.


~Well, they say action speaks louder than words~ Daisuke thought amusedly, as he swiftly brought his head towards the shell-shocked blond, their lips met.



Instant heat flowed through each boy, igniting the passion that had been repressed for so long to finally be expressed towards the one it was meant for.

At the same moment, Takeru and Daisuke pulled back, trying to catch their breath. Takeru wore a bemused expression, while Daisuke sported a grin that would have made Goofy proud.



"Wow" was the other word that Daisuke could manage, still reeling from the tangible emotions that the kiss had generated.

"My thoughts exactly....." Takeru said dreamily, the glow in his eyes beginning to make a comeback, much to Daisuke's delight.

After a few moments of content quiet, Takeru figured that it was time for reality to make an appearance in this surreal atmosphere.

"So...what does this mean?" Takeru asked hesistantly, still unsure of their future together.

"Well, I was hoping to ask you to be my boyfriend, but if you had something different in mind..." the goggleboy trailed off, arching an eyebrow in a jesting manner.


"I think that will do for now." the blond bishounen flippantly replied, relief washing through his system.


"Is that right? Then I guess since we are now in a relationship, I think that we should get to know each other better, don't you Take-chan?" Daisuke said cheerfully, pulling his love closer to him.


"I couldn't agree more..." Takeru replied happily, looking into the handsome face of his newfound koibito.



His Dai-chan.





THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!







JUST PLAYING!!!! You really thought I was going to leave it there?!? There is just too much drama to keep this going. Now on to better matters. It seems that Daisuke and Takeru finally are able to go the next level, but what will Ken and the rest of the Digidestined have to say about it? Will Ken fight for what he wants? What will Takeru do about his trip to the States? Stay tuned and find out!! ^_~


ja ne minna-san

Dream-chan