Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Contradictions ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Notes:

Umm, not really that much to say except I hope that everyone is enjoying
this fic so far. I know that I haven't replied to everyone that has sent me
email/reviews about this fic, but I just wanted to say, thank you for taking
the time for giving me feedback...I really appreciate it! Now, I would like
to introduce my beta reader annabelle manix!!! *wild applause and
whistling* Believe me, without her, I would have given up this story a long time ago! Thanx girl! *s*



Disclaimer: I don't own Digimon...cause if I did, it sure wouldn't be on Fox
Kids every weekday afternoon. ^_^




" "=dialogue
~ ~=thought
>>><<<= P.O.V.




Contradictions-Chapter 3
Author: Dream-chan
Rating: PG-13
Email: dream_chan@hotmail.com



>>>Yamato<<<


As I waited for the other band members to arrive for practice, I let my mind drift and I didn't find it surprising that my thoughts had settled on a certain topic that been bothering me lately.


Takeru...my otouto-chan.


Most people thought that we are like night and day. I'm labeled the moody, 'make my own rules' musician while Takeru was stuck being the happy, 'ever-smiling' optimist. However, only a few knew how similar we could be and that parallel was beginning to worry me.

He had always shown a happy face to the world but recently, it had begun to fade. The eyes that used to shine with inner light began to dim, and the smile he would always have on his face barely made an appearance anymore. Then with him avoiding his friends, mainly one in particular, I began to think that he was grappling with a problem that I was very familiar with.

When I confronted him, he *finally* told me about his crush on Daisuke. Even though I had suspected something like this, I was still a bit shocked. I guess the gogglehead syndrome runs in the Ishida family.

Oh...if you haven't figured it out by now, I had a crush on Taichi Yagami.

My best friend.


During our adventures in the Digital World, we were rivals from the start. From the first time I met him, there was something that pulled me to him and *that* scared me intensely. So I did what any other eleven year boy would.


I kept it to myself, positive that the feelings would fade away. However, nothing is that easy when it comes to me.


The only person I allowed myself to get close to was Takeru and that was because I missed him so much after our parents' divorce. The rest of the Digidestined deemed me as the 'troublemaker'...claiming that I was always trying to start a fight for no reason. They just didn't understand that I had to made a promise to myself that otouto-chan would be safe...no matter what the cost. I was not just going to follow someone without making sure this would happen. So what if I pissed a few people off in the process...they meant nothing to me.

Out of all the things to happen during on stay in the digital world, I was completely surprised that the feelings that I tried to ignore wouldn't go away. As a matter of fact, they seemed to grow.

I should tell you that I hate surprises.

However, I came to accept the feelings I had for Taichi with time. I thought that I would be able to tell him just how I felt once we came back from our adventures, I but then reality started to make its way back into my brain. When Takeru and I returned from the Digital World, our parents shipped us off to visit our grandmother in the country, thinking we needed rest and relaxation. In a way, I was happy that I was able to spend more time with Takeru, but now the confession that was tearing me up inside, would have to be postponed until we returned to Odaiba.



Then a new Digimon threat showed up and stirred up trouble...in the REAL world.



It looked like the Digidestined were needed to save the world again. This time we were saving it from a Digimon that was bent on destroying whoever created it.


It was a fierce battle, but we managed to pull through as always. When Diaboromon was finally defeated, I was even more determined to tell Tai how I felt. Especially after going through the experience of jogress digivolving. To feel Taichi's heartbeat alongside mine was something that I wouldn't be able to forget if I tried. As I saw it, fate was in my favor. I had nothing to lose.

However I assumed too much.


When I came back, all ready to tell Taichi how I feel about him and on my way to his apartment, I see him kissing his new girlfriend Sora in the park.


Let me tell you...that was one of the darkest periods in my life, but to make a long story short, when Taichi and Sora broke up, I just told him what had been on my heart for so long. With my soul and heart laid bare, I waited for what seemed an eternity. Then for the first time in my life, happiness came my way in the form of Taichi kissing me senseless. After parting for lack of oxygen, he confessed that he felt the same, the only reason he was with Sora was because he thought that he didn't have a chance in hell with me.

Go figure, the Keeper of Courage scared...but I love him anyway.


But, enough about me...I need to focus on Takeru right now.

I just don't want him to go through the same painful journey that I did. He isn't made to be depressed and moody as I was. He's the Keeper of Hope after all.

I wish I could do something to help him, but I know that this time, he has to face his fears alone. I want to protect him, like when he was small but I know that I can no longer do that now.

He has to learn how to protect himself someday.

I just pray that he's strong enough...whatever happens.


>>>Takeru<<<

Walking to school the next day, I had a bounce in my step and a smile on my face. I noticed the stares and heard whispers behind my back, but I simply did not care. Nothing and no one could bring me down. Yesterday my dream finally became true. Motomiya Daisuke was in love me.

We just sat and talked for hours about everything and nothing at all. I wasn't surprised that we didn't notice the park lights came on. It was one of those experiences that you always remember when you're old and gray and it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Shaking my head to clear all the mushiness that seemed to set in, I reached my homeroom and waited for roll to be called. After that mundane task, the teacher gave me a note saying that I was wanted in the guidance counselor's office. Confused as to why I was being summoned, I gathered my things that I would need for first period and made my way down, thinking of all the things that I could have done or didn't do.

"Ohayo Wanabe-sensei," I called out as I went into the cramped office.

"Ohayo Takaishi-san. I'm glad you could make it. I just wanted to go over some of the details of your trip overseas," he began, as I started to panic.


~Kuso! I am such a BAKA!! How could I forget about the exchange program?!?!?~ I thought miserably, mentally smacking myself.


"Well...ah, I kinda wanted to talk about my position in the student exchange program..."


"Hai..." he prodded, turning his attention back to the file cabinet, in search of some papers.


"You see, I was wondering if there was a way to cancel the trip..." I began, waiting for a reaction to this bit of news.


"Why? Is there something wrong...family troubles?" he asked in a concerned tone, looking at me through the thick bifocals he wore.


~No, the person I love more than anything will be here, while I'll be an ocean and a few thousand miles away...~ I thought to myself, but I doubted he would consider that an acceptable reason.


"Oh no, it's nothing like that. I just changed my mind is all." I said happily, giving him that bright smile that had become my trademark when I was younger.


Charm don't fail me now....


"Well, I'm sorry to tell you this, but that is out of the question..." he replied, walking back to his desk to sit down.


"What do you mean?" I asked, hoping he was going to say that it was all a joke.


"Do you remember reading all the terms and conditions of the contract?"

"Yes sir," I replied, knowing that I was lying through my teeth. The only thing on my mind at that time was to get as far away from Daisuke as possible.


"So you do know about the cancellation process, right?" he asked, knowing that I probably didn't.


"Uhhh...."


"Let me refresh your memory. If you cancel within a month of the exchange date, you must pay all fees and expenses, plus the cancellation charge. The total would be around $5,000 US dollars. You can read it for yourself if you like," he offered, handing the paper to me.


Damn, damn, damn! Now what am I going to do?


"That much!?" I asked and he just nodded silently while I sighed.


Seeing no way out the situation, I put on my happy face and prepared to leave. "Well, thank you for your time Wanabe-sensei" I said hurriedly, bowing and leaving the room.


"No problem Takaishi-san. Enjoy your trip."



"Like that's possible now." I muttered, making my way back to class.

Now that my day had been shot to hell, I couldn't wait till lunch when I would be able to see my Dai-chan. After willing the clock to move for what seemed like forever, the bell *finally* rang.

I was in such a rush to see Daisuke I beat him outside for a change. Looking around the quad, I noticed a large sakura tree. Not too far away, but isolated enough that we wouldn't be disturbed.


Perfect.


As I sat out my lunch, I began to feel a tingly sensation. A clear sign that Daisuke was nearby. So I was not surprised when I turned around to see him loping across the quad looking as if he had no cares in the world.

"Hey Dai..." I said softly, when he plopped down next to me under the shade of the sakura tree.


"Hi Take-chan...Whassup" he said as he began to pull out his own lunch.


"I really don't know how to say this...." I began, before he cut me off.


"Umm, open your mouth and say the words..." he teased, flashing that trademark grin of his.

Rolling my eyes, I decided to just ignore the comment and try to begin again.


Alright here it goes.


"I applied for a student exchange program and I was accepted." I said straight out, not wanting to elaborate any further.

"That's great Take-chan! So, are you going over the summer?" he asked cheerfully, munching on a California roll.

"See, that's the problem...I'm supposed to be leaving within a month." I said, trying to keep the tears that were burning my eyes from falling.

The happiness drained from his face to slowly be replaced by something I couldn't place. We just sat there for a long time, thinking. Right now I wanted to just run, but I knew I had to face this.


"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked, and the hurt was evident in his eyes.


"Because I didn't want anyone to know...not even Yamato knows about this yet." I mumbled, not wincing at the pain in his face.


"What made you sign up for the program?" he asked, sounding as if he was holding on to his temper.



He deserved to know...even if it hurt him more than I already had.



Looking into melting chocolate eyes, I met his penetrating gaze head on.

"You.."




If I hadn't hurt him before, I know did now. The melting chocolate eyes became alive with golden specks...a clear indication that he was angry...very angry.


I had seen this enough times when we were in our rivalry days.




"Why? How?"



Closing my eyes, I leaned back into the tree, feeling the sunshine playing on my face...it's warmth calming me.


"I figured that since I didn't have a chance with you, there was no reason to stick around here and torture myself. So when I saw the advertisement, it was like an answer to my prayers."


When he didn't respond, I opened my eyes and guilt started to run through my veins at his bowed head...a most sorrowful expression on his face. Like he had just lost his best friend.


Sensing that I was looking at him he said, "You must have really wanted to get away from me, huh?"


"No it wasn't that, Dai-chan...I just couldn't take it anymore!! You don't realize how many times I wanted to tell you how I felt, but I always chickened out. You don't know what it did to me to be your friend, but the whole time wanting something more...something that I thought was out of my reach until yesterday." I said reaching out to give him a comforting hand.


Suddenly, I found myself lying on my back in grass and sakura blossoms, not being able to see anything but Daisuke.


"What are you doing?" I asked, a little surprised that he would do something like this in public.


"Making up for lost time..." he murmured as he slowly bent his head down and captured my lips with his own.


I responded instantly, parting my lips and allowing his tongue to duel playfully with mine, reveling in the sensation. Slowly, I brought my arm up to coil around his neck and pulled him closer. The passion between us quickly grew as we began to let our hands do a little 'exploring'.

After what seemed an eternity, I felt him lift his head a trifle and break off the kiss. "Kami-sama Take-chan!!!!! We better stop before we do something that could get us arrested," he said with a chuckle, trying to recover from oxygen loss.

"I guess you're right. Besides, there is always after school, ne?" I said suggestively, knowing that he would get the point.

"You bet!" he said, sitting up and pulling me into his lap.

We lapsed into a contented silence, both just enjoying the feel of one another, when I felt something else niggle at my conscience.

"What's wrong?" Daisuke asked, concern etched across his face.


"Nothing really...." I replied airily, not wanting to break the serene atmosphere that surrounded us.


Gripping my chin, he gently turned my face to his and said, "Take-chan, I know you're lying. Believe me, I have watched you too long to be fooled by that front you put up so you might as well spit it out."

Seeing the determination on his face, I knew then I didn't have a chance. Daisuke could be the most stubborn person in the world when he wants something bad enough.


"Well, I think there is also something else we need to talk about..."


"What?"


"How we are going to tell the others about us, Ken especially."


"Good point, but why is Ken so special?"



"Dai-chan, you can't *honestly* tell me that you don't know he has feelings for you..." I said, not believing that he could be that oblivious. Wait a minute...we are talking about Daisuke though...


"You *gotta* be kidding me! We can't be talking about the same Ken...." he chuckled, clearly thinking that this was a big joke.


"Yes, we are! I know what I'm talking about." I pouted, feeling a little put out that he thinks my suspicions are funny.



Sensing that I was serious, Daisuke calmed down, and asked me softly, "Why are you so confident about this?"

"Because I know the symptoms...I had it myself." I replied knowingly, feeling just a tad mischievous.

"Symptoms...of what?"

"Something I like to call Motomiyaitis...'"

"Come again..." he said, giving me a puzzled look, which made him look adorable by the way.

"Giving long looks in your direction, blushing when talking to you, etc."

"Hmm..I never knew there was such a thing, but I think I have an antidote. Are you willing to try it?"

"Sure, why not" I said and instantly I was wrapped in his arms, getting kissed the daylights out of.

After a few minutes, he pulled back and asked, "So, did it work?"

Gripping his waist tighter, I said, "I think so...by the way, does this work for everyone?"

Lifting eyes to meet his, he trailed a finger over my cheek in a gentle caress, making shivers race down my spine.


"Only for you", he said softly, and once again I was where I wanted to be.


In Daisuke's arms.


>>>Ken<<<


I know that I'm going to get into *so* much trouble for this, but I don't care. This can't wait any longer and it's beginning to drive me crazy.


That's right....Ken Ichijouji, famed prodigy, skipped school in order to tell another boy that he was in love with him.


I smiled as I glanced at my watch, knowing that it was close to lunch time and if there was one subject that Daisuke was always on time for, it was most certainly *that* one.


As I looked around the school grounds, I noticed that Takeru was sitting a little ways from the building underneath a large sakura tree. By the expression on his face, it seemed that he didn't look to happy, which was about normal these days, so I didn't pay it that much attention.

Soon after, my waiting paid off as I watched Daisuke stroll out the doors and look around. Noticing Takeru, he began to walk over, a smile plastered on his gorgeous tanned face.


~What is he smiling about~ I wondered as I followed him with my eyes.


Then I noticed that Takeru had a smile on his face as he watched Daisuke approach him. An ominous feeling came over me as I saw the two begin to converse. It seemed to be a pretty intense conversation by the look of things. However, once all was said and done, happiness began to show on both their faces once again, which only served to heighten my curiosity.


Then I see it....the one thing I had hoped to never see.


Daisuke in someone else's arms...and not just someone else...it was that happy-go-lucky idiot Takeru.


As you can tell, I am one very ticked off genius.


How *dare* that Gilligan wannabe kiss my Suke-chan!!! Couldn't Daisuke see that he is just using him for his own perverted reasons? I just couldn't believe it. Daisuke was supposed to be MINE!

I just can't tear my glance from them...each smile and kiss adding another bruise to my already battered heart.

At this point, most people would give up and just let things be. Then again, I'm not most people.

I am Ken Ichijouji...genius...Digidestined...Bearer of Kindness.

As the old saying goes....sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.


I know that Daisuke will be upset with me, but he will come to accept that is ME that is his one and only love.

Getting up, I brush my uniform off and begin to walk towards the train station to go home. I have to devise a strategy right away before things develop any further between them.


~Don't worry Suke-chan....I will help you realize the truth.
Realize that we are meant for each other...meant to be together forever. ~

With one backwards glance, I walk away knowing that I will do anything to be with Daisuke.


Anything.




Tbc..........



So is it getting interesting enough? I really need to know, because if so I'll keep writing. If not, then I'll hang it up. You be the judge! ^_^