Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Contradictions ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Notes:
Woohoo!! I can't tell you how good it did my heart to see all the kind comments/reviews that people gave me. It always gives me a warm, mushy feeling inside! ^_^ Before I go any further, I have to correct a mistake that I should have a long time ago. I gave Pretty Pretty Princess credit for a story that was actually done by Cadela. She was gracious enough to let me know about the mistake and tell me. For that, I am grateful. Cadela-san, I hope that you can forgive me! ::turns chibi and look up with big watery eyes::

On a sad note, I would like to recognize the terror and tragedy that has gripped everyone the world over after the terrorist attacks in the US. May God Bless the victims, their families, and everyone that is affected.



And now, Daisuke will do the disclaimer...


Daisuke: Aww...Do I *have* to?
Dream-chan: *Please Dai-chan*!?!? ::gives Dai puppy dog eyes and pout::
Daisuke: Now why did you have to go and do that?
Dream-chan: Cause it works every time?...besides, I learned from the best! ^_^
Daisuke: ::Groaning:: Okay, okay...but it *better* be worth it!
Dream-chan: Oh it will...trust me!

Daisuke: Alright, here it goes. Dream-chan in no way, shape, or form owns Digimon. She is just using the characters for her own (and others) enjoyment.

Dream-chan: Now was that *so* bad? Here ya go!! ::Gives Dai-chan a
Takeru-shaped cookie::
Daisuke: Yum! Thanx!!! ::Crams cookie in his mouth, crumbs flying everywhere::

Dream-chan: Alright peoples...enjoy the show ::dodging flying chocolate
chips::


***POV***
~thoughts~
"dialogue"



Contradictions-Chapter 4
Author: dream-chan
Editor: anna-chan
Email: dream_chan@hotmail.com






***Ken***




Slamming the door behind me, I stalked straight to my room not even greeting my mother on the way. My conscience niggled at me for my bad manners, but I had other things on my mind that were more important.

Like how to break up Takeru and Daisuke.

Throwing my satchel on the floor, I climbed the ladder to my loft bed and flopped down, feeling extremely tired. Now I was finally able to let out all my hurt, anger, and frustration since I preferred to vent in private. With a deep sigh I let the tears roll down my cheeks, not able to hold them in any longer.

I can't believe that little blond snit is with my Suke-chan. How *dare* he take something that's not his! Especially after all the pain and hurt he put him through. Not to mention the fact that Daisuke had liked me at one point, but I just didn't say anything because I was confused by my own emotions.

Let me explain.


After that whole Digimon Kaiser debacle, I fell into a dark period of loneliness and had isolated myself from my parents. I had already lost my brother and my closest friend, due to my own selfishness. You can say that at that point I felt I had nothing else left. Then, I was assaulted by an on-rush of kindness and compassion by Daisuke. He was the only one to show me friendship and offer me a hand to try and pull me out of my despair. He believed in me when I didn't even believe in *myself*. Eventually the others came around too, but it was Daisuke that I completely trusted.

I still remember the day he confessed his feelings for me. I was just so overwhelmed by it all. I mean, here is this *great* guy who used to be my worst enemy and was suddenly my best friend. Not to mention, he was attractive in a rough and tumble way... but anyway, back on topic. When he admitted his feelings I was taken aback, although in hindsight I shouldn't have been. All the signs were there. Although, when it comes to textbooks, I'm head of the class, but when it comes to social situations and emotions, I'm a total dunce. So you can only imagine how I handled the situation.

For a few months it was a tad bit awkward, but in the end it all worked out. Daisuke bounced back to his exuberant self and we resumed our friendship as if nothing had ever happened...if it were only that simple.

By the time I admitted to myself that I had feelings for him, it was too late...Daisuke had moved on, apparently with that blond, blue-eyed goody-two shoes.

Little Mr. Perfect who *always* gets what he wants. I'm so sick of the 'Child of Hope' that I could tear my hair out and scream. It seems that I am the only person that can see how manipulative and devious he can really be.


However, I'm finally going to bring the truth to light and show the world how fake Takaishi Takeru really is. If he *truly* loves Daisuke, he will be able to pass this little test I'm going to give him. One crucial part of Daisuke's personality is that he is loyal and trustworthy, and will not tolerate that trust or loyalty to be questioned.

With that knowledge in hand, all I need to do is what I do best. After I'm done, their relationship will be nothing but a *very* bad memory.

Oh, I know this will hurt my Suke-chan, but he'll soon realize that it's all for the best...that this is how things have to be.

Daisuke is *my* soul mate...not that blond bimbo's. We were made for each other and belong together...besides, I love him and deep down I *know* he still loves me.

I just have to make him realize that.






***Takeru***


Even though we've done this a million times before, walking home with Daisuke became a whole new experience. It wasn't just a simple walk home from school with my best friend anymore, but instead a beautiful, relaxing walk with my *boyfriend*. The air seemed a little fresher and the sky a bit clearer. Even the usual city noises weren't so annoying and just faded into the background as I listened to the sweet sound of my love's voice.

"Have you told anyone else about going to the States?" Daisuke asked as we continued on our way home.

"Well, my mom knows since she had to sign the consent form..." I admitted, not really wanting to get into this subject.

Raising an eyebrow, he asked, "Who else?"

Slowing down a bit I sighed, knowing that he wasn't going to drop the topic.

"No one."

Suddenly, he stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and looked at me as if I had just told him BelialVandemon had just returned.

He reached out and grabbed my arm to stop me from bolting...I guess he figured I would try to make a run for it to avoid talking about my trip. Well, he was right, but I wasn't going to tell *him* that.

"Hold on! You mean to tell me that you *didn't* tell Hikari or Yamato?"

Suddenly the ground became *extremely* interesting to me.

"I was going to wait until the week I was supposed to leave," I replied quietly, not ready to meet his eyes yet.

"Why?" he asked, tilting his head in that adorable way that was just *too* kawaii for words.

"Because they would have tried to talk me out of it and I couldn't let that happen."

"Oh," was all he could say as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"I'm sorry Dai-chan."

Putting a finger under my chin, he lifted my face to meet his. "It's not *you* that I'm mad at. I just can't believe that I was so dense as to not see what was right front of my face. I know I'm thickheaded, but this is ridiculous..."

"Don't beat yourself up over it. Besides, we're together now, aren't we?" I said, giving him a beatific smile.

"Yep, and we will be for a long time so don't you forget it!" my love said, as he wrapped a tan arm around me and pulled me close.

I knew that we were being stared at, but I didn't care about that anymore. I finally had what I had wanted -what I needed- for so long, and there was *no* way I was going to give that up.


But, I still need to find a way out of this stupid exchange program. Now that I *finally* have Daisuke, I don't think I could take having to leave him here while I went thousands of miles away for a whole *year*...I can barely stand being away from him for a few *hours* when he's just across town in his own apartment. I can't even imagine what it would be like to not have him around for an entire year...I don't even want to *think* about it...

Yes, I *definitely* need to find a way out of this program. I can't lose my Dai-chan... not after I've finally got him. I love him way too much to leave him and I can't live without seeing him, holding him, and just spending time with him every day...


~Oh, my Dai-chan, don't worry...I'll find a way to stay, I promise. I *can't* leave you, I *won't* leave you...you're too important to me...~






***Yamato***


"Can we rehearse sometime this millennium?" I yelled to my lazy band mates that were still joking and goofing about. After a round of complaints and some sulking we finally went to it.

As we were taking a break, there was a knock on the door. I immediately called out, thinking that it was probably Taichi who said that he would be dropping by later. So I was a bit surprised when I looked up to see blond hair and blue eyes almost identical to my own.

"Teeks!" I yelled, rushing over to give my little brother a hug. I could feel the curious looks my band mates were giving me, but I didn't care. With my brother, I don't hold back.

"Hey Matt" he replied, squeezing back as I hugged him. After a few seconds, I pulled back to look at him. That is when I realized that there was something different about him...a good something.

I was curious as to what could have happened to put the light back in his eyes. My mind was racing with thoughts of what it could be, when suddenly it jammed the brakes and gave me the answer.


I could just wait until rehearsal was over, or I could call it a night and get down to business and find out what was up with Takeru.

Yeah, like *that* was even a hard decision.

Turning back to the band, I told the guys that rehearsal was over. After a couple of half-hearted cheers, I packed up my stuff and dragged Takeru towards the apartment I shared with our father.

On the way there, we talked about everyday things just trying to catch up, seeing how I haven't really seen him for a few weeks. I knew that he was avoiding me, but I didn't want to press him into opening up to me. Everyone needs space sometimes. I, for one, should know that more than anyone...after all, wasn't it *I* who left the group to wander on my own in the digital word?


Finally reaching my building, I rushed him to the apartment, anxious to hear what he really wanted to talk about.

"Hey Teek, you hungry?" I called out, making my way to the kitchen.

"Naw...I'm all right."

"Well, I haven't had anything to eat yet, so I'll just be a minute. Is that cool?"

"Take your time."

A few minutes later I walked back out to the living room, soda and sandwich
In my hand. Plopping down beside him on the couch, I dove right in.

"So, what do you *really* want to talk about?" I asked, giving him that 'you
better tell me or else' look.


"Ummm," was all he would say, trying to stall for time. Getting a little impatient (something else that has rubbed off on me, thanks to my Tai-chan), I sighed and smiled at him.

"C'mon Teeks, you can't pull a fast one on *me*. I'm the older brother, remember?", I laughed, ruffling his hair in the process. "Now, tell me what da deal is."

Shuffling his feet into the worn carpet, he whispered, "Well, I finally took your advice..."

"On what?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Telling Daisuke my feelings for him," he said, his face taking on a rosy hue.

Seeing the blush and the slightly dreamy smile on his face, I told him, "I think that I can guess the outcome. So, you two are together now, ne?" I asked, just so I could have my statement confirmed by him.

"Hai," was all he said, knowing that was what I was looking for.

A thought instantly popped into my head, and I couldn't help but to laugh. Seeing the confusion on Takeru's face, I calmed down a bit to explain. "This is so strange. Now we each have our very own personal goggle boy!"

Seeing the humor in the situation, he started laughing as well which was music to my ears.


However, a shadow seemed to descend on his sunny features, making him appear as the morose child he had been in the past few months.

Within a second, my big brother instincts went into overdrive.

"There's something else, isn't there?" I asked.

"You have to promise not to be upset with me," he whispered, keeping his gaze on anything but myself.

Now what could he have to tell me that would make me angry with him? I could *never* be angry with Takeru, he should know that.

As he turned his face around, I looked into his eyes and was bewildered at the swirl of emotions I saw there. Sadness. Uncertainty. Excitement.

Taking his hand in mine, I gave it a firm squeeze of reassurance. "I promise." I told him seriously, hoping to alleviate the tension that had suddenly settled upon us.

Taking a deep breath, he let out a quick, jumbled, confusing sentence.

"I'mleavinginamonthtogotoAmericaforayear!"

Luck ily, going out with Taichi helped me translate what he had just said. I felt myself pale when his words finally sunk in and made sense to my brain.

"Tell me this is a joke," I asked hesitantly and shakily, hoping that he would burst out laughing. The expression on his face was the only confirmation I needed to tell me that he was dead serious.

Taking a deep breath, I set my plate and glass down so that they didn't break.

~I can't believe it...my little brother. Leaving. To go to America. Alone. Without me.~


Just then, there was a knock on the door. I gave Takeru a look that clearly told him that this wasn't finished and got up to answer the door. I had a half a mind to tell whoever was on the other side to go away, but that thought was quickly eradicated when I was assaulted by soft lips and tan arms wrapping around me. Warmth flooded my system, making my mind momentarily forget the sadness that had started to build inside. Taking a chance to breathe, we pulled away from each other, identical smiles on our faces.

"Hey Yama-chan" was all he said, cheeks flushed and brown eyes glowing.

"Hey to you too," I smiled, breathing in the essence that was Yagami Taichi.

Distantly, I heard subtle click and was not surprised to see Hikari lowering her camera as I gave her a mock-scowl.

"I'll make you copies, so drop the look, or you'll get wrinkles," she teased.


I ushered them in and told them to make themselves comfortable. Taichi didn't have a problem with that, seeing how he was over here 70% of the time anyway. Hikari chose to sit on the edge of the couch near the armchair that Takeru now occupied.

After the usual introductions, silence seemed to pervade the apartment, creating a tension so palpable that even *Taichi* started to notice. Getting more irritated by the minute, I decided to do something about it.

Clearing my throat, I gave my otouto-chan a pointed stare and said, "Isn't there something that you want to tell Hikari, Takeru?" I know that I was being a bastard for doing this, but it had to be done sometime, and now seemed like the perfect opportunity.

Ignoring the confused glances from both Hikari and Taichi, I concentrated on my brother, urging him to speak.

After about two minutes of silence and feet shuffling, I walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder to let him know that I would be there for him.

Giving an exasperated sigh, I tried to cajole him. "Come on Teeks...she deserves to know. After all, she *is* your best friend."

"What is going on?" Taichi asked nervously, giving Takeru an anxious glance. I guess *his* big brother instincts just kicked in as well.

By this time, Hikari had moved closer to Takeru and took his hand in hers.

"What's wrong Take-chan? *Please* tell me. I've been worried about you. Is this about Daisuke-kun?" she asked in that calming voice of hers.






***Takeru***


I glanced at 'niichan and sighed. "'Kari-chan, I'm going to America for a year." I said, looking straight into her eyes.


Immediately, I felt intense guilt at the hurt and betrayal that began swirling in the amber depths of her eyes. It seemed that time stood still, as we looked at each other...the closest of friends now divided by secrets.

"Why did you keep this from me, Takeru? What have I done to you?" she asked, her voice trembling.

"It nothing you have done, but what would you do, if I gave you the chance?"

She looked a little puzzled for a minute, until understanding dawned on her face.

"You thought that I would try to talk you out of going, ne?"

I should have known I couldn't keep anything from her.

"Hai...I'm sorry for not telling you sooner." It seemed that all I did was apologize these days.

Suddenly, I felt thin arms wrap around me and pull me into peace and security...the emotions that define Hikari.



After we both let our tears flow for a bit, we pulled apart, both of us sporting small smiles...hers in acceptance, mine in relief.

Hearing someone cough discreetly, we turned and looked at our brothers. With a small grin, 'niichan asked, "Can we get a hug too, or are ya'll too old for that?"

Hikari and I held out our arms at the same time and found ourselves wrapped up in one big hug. Feeling the burdens lift off my shoulders, I fell into the embrace, happy and content for the moment.






***Daisuke***


For the past week, I seemed to have been in heaven. Which I guess is pretty close, finally being able to call Takeru my 'boyfriend'. We really didn't worry too much about telling the others, since they had already accepted Yamato and Taichi, but we were nervous nonetheless. We should have known that we had nothing to worry about. We really *do* have great friends.

Everyone congratulated us and after a couple of death threats given to me courtesy of Yamato and Taichi, we were given their blessing.

However, amongst all this happiness, there was still one thing that plagued my conscience...my other best friend. It seemed that something had been bothering Ken lately. The worse thing was that he wouldn't tell me what the problem was. Kinda reminded me of the way that Take-chan avoided me.

If there is one thing that I can't stand, it's being ignored.

Looking back, it seemed that Ken held back a little. I guess he felt a little uncomfortable because of the memories of when I told him that I loved him all those years ago. I should probably thank him for turning me down, because now I know that was just a crush compared to the amount of love I hold in my heart for Takeru. He just has to know that this doesn't change the love that I have for him as a friend.


So, I was surprised when Ken called me last night asking if I could come over the next day. I could hear something different in his voice, but I just brushed it off, happy to know that my friend was finally going to talk to me. I found myself on the Ichijouji's doorstep bright and early on a Saturday morning. Since I had plans with Take-chan later that day, I decided to handle this first. I knew that Ken's family would be awake and besides, his mom can make a *mean* stack of pancakes.

Knocking on the door, I pasted on a smile bright enough to light up a small light bulb and waited for the door to open. I didn't have to wait for long because a second later, the door opened to reveal Mrs. Ichijouji wiping her hands on an apron.

"Well hello, Daisuke-kun. How are you today?" she said cheerfully, stepping back so that I could walk into the apartment.

"Fine, thank you," I replied, smelling the bacon that was frying. I knew that Chibimon did too, cause I felt him squirming.


"Well you know, Ken-chan isn't up yet but I don't see why you can't wait for him. Have you eaten breakfast yet?"

"No ma'am," I said, hoping there wasn't drool dripping down my chin.

"Well, come in then and make yourself at home," she told me, flashing that bright smile she always wore. I followed her to the table and sat down, waiting for the great meal that was about to come. Seconds later, I found myself staring at a big stack of pancakes with strips of bacon on the side. I was in total heaven. As I reached for the butter and syrup, she turned to me and said, "Daisuke-kun, I have to run some errands this morning, so could you please tell Ken-chan when he wakes up?"

Throwing a 'Victory' sign in her direction, I nodded, happily plowing through my breakfast.

Picking up her coat and keys, Mrs. Ichijouji made her way to the door and with one last wave was out the door.


As soon as the click of the door was heard, a little ball of blue fur came racing out of my backpack, and flew over to the dining area to land right in front of me.

"D'suke!!!! I wan' some too!!!! Please!?!?" Chibimon begged, giving me a full teary-eyed assault.

Only the most hardened of criminals could ignore that look, so I wasn't surprised when I found myself holding out my fork with a piece of pancake drenched in syrup.

A nanosecond later, it was gone, with a smiling Chibimon licking his lips in appreciation. Knowing that my breakfast was good as his, I cut up the rest of the pancakes and handed the plate over to Chibimon.

That's the consequence of having an in-training Digimon...*no* food in a twelve mile radius is safe from their hunger!


Making sure that Chibimon was settled, I got up from the table and walked towards Ken's room. Not bothering to knock on the door, I walked in, shutting the door quietly behind me. I was determined that I was going to talk to Ken today...whether he liked it or not. I had to reassure him that nothing could *ever* break our friendship. Knowing how sensitive Ken is, I should have been more sensitive and seen how he might feel left out now that Takeru and me are together. But, I know that now, so that's all that matters...making sure Ken knows that I'll never ditch him just because I'm dating Takeru now.


When I snapped out of my thoughts, I felt someone looking at me and soon found myself staring into deep, familiar violet eyes...eyes that held unbearable sadness. Without further thought, I made my way up the ladder and gave him a comforting hug. We stayed like that for a few minutes, when suddenly Ken pulled away from me. As I opened my mouth to ask him what was wrong, I felt warm lips pressing against mine. To say that I was shocked was an understatement. The one thought that instantly popped up in my mind was,

~Aww, shit! Takeru is gonna kick my ass!~


Little did I know that something worse was going to happen...much worse.






TBC.........


Tell me!! Tell me!! What do you think!? Is this cliffhanger enough for you!?!? ::gives an evil cackle:: Anyway people, all comments are welcome and I'll take any suggestions ya'll have cause this is created for you, by you!!


Ja ne minna!! ^_^