Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed Love ❯ The Past Can Hurt ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter two: The Past Can Hurt

By KellyQ



They all watched as Takuya clutched the sheets of the bed, his face winced with pain. He was having a nightmare ... a nightmare that had come back to haunt him ...

The sun was beating down and the breeze was gentle ... a perfect day to go swimming! He dove right into the river and started to swim around when ....

"Hey, Takuya! Can I join you?"

He turned to see his best friend Tony ... he had short black hair, slanted blue eyes and was thin.

"Sure! The water's great!!"

Tony ran into the water and started to splash around. Takuya started to splash back ....

"Shouldn't we wake him up?" Tomoki asked.

As soon as he said that Takuya sat up screaming ...

"Takuya, snap out of it!" Izumi panicked shaking the half-digimon, "you're just having a bad dream!"

"NO!! Why won't you leave me alone!!" Takuya screamed ...

Everyone backed away when they saw that he was on fire. Takuya ran out of the hut with fire surrounding him. Izumi slumped with great pain in her eyes, knowing what caused him to flip out ....

"What just happened?" Neemon asked.

"I hope he's all right." Tomoki responds.

"I wonder what caused him to flip out like that ..." Bokomon wondered.

"I thought he was over what happened ..." Izumi responded, her eyes slightly clouded while she walked to the door.

"What happened?" Kouji asked from behind his voice serous yet calm.

"It was a long time ago," Izumi started, "he and another boy named Tony where playing at a river bank ---- Takuya didn't really tell me what happened other than ---"

She trailed off, not wanting to talk about it ... it was much too painful....

***********************

Takuya laid on the soft ground curled in a ball sobbing trying to block out the memories ...

"Get out of my head!!" He hissed softly.

"Oh, but you know it was your fault what happened ..."

"No! No it wasn't! I didn't mean to hurt him!!"

"Oh, but it was," the voice mocked, "you caused that boy and the village pain and humiliation ..."

Tears where coming down Takuya's face; pressing his palms harder to the side of his head his long nails digging into his scalp as a line of blood came down the side of his face ...

"Takuya!"

His eyes snapped open hearing the others approaching. He got up turned and started to run when Kouji jumped out of bushes and tackled Takuya down.

"Get off me!"

"No! I want to know what happened!"

Takuya scowled showing his fangs ... he finally turned his head ...

"You wouldn't understand ..."

"Try me." Was all Kouji said.

They both looked each other until the dark haired boy noticed tears of regret, pain, sorrow, and humiliation coming down Takuya's face.

"I hurt him, Kouji! I might hurt you too if you don't leave!"

"No! I'm not going to let my brother die!"

"I'm begging you, Kouji ... please ...."

The dark haired boy looked deep into those yellow/green eyes and saw nothing but pain, fear, and humiliation ....

"He hurt you too didn't he ..."

It was all starting to make since ..... Do you know how long it took for me to help him get over the fact that he's not a freak!! Was that the reason why Takuya looked the way he did? A small gasp snapped Kouji out of his thoughts as he looked down at Takuya who looked a little pale.

"He did ... but it wasn't his fault ..." nothing but pain could be seen in Takuya's eyes, "we where just playing ...."

"I'm sorry." Was Kouji said as he pulled away.

Takuya frond as he sat up when he heard the others calling their names.

"Are you all right, Takuya," Izumi asked running up, "Kouji didn't hurt you did he?"

"Don't worry about me," the half-digimon said getting to his feet, "now let's get that flower for your brother."

To Be Continued ....