Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed Love ❯ You Remind Me Of .... ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 13: You Remind Me Of ....

By KellyQ



It has been three days since Shadowamon had been defeated and things where slowly going back to normal, some of the villagers stayed back giving the twins, Tomoki, and Junpei space to heal over the sudden death. Some of the villager's men felt bad that they couldn't honor Takuya for helping save Kouichi, even though they asked Junpei to be part of helping protect the village. He didn't take the offer though, he just felt that without Izumi, that there was really no reason to stand and fight ...

With a sigh, Junpei continued walking down the street looking down at the ground as he walked, not even caring to look up. Most people had to step out of his way as he made his way through the crowd. He just walked passed a booth when a female voice called out ...

"You look a little sad."

He turned to see a girl with gold hair, large green eyes; she was wearing a sateen pink dress. Before her was a table of jewelry. She held up a necklace with a smile on her face.

"Maybe this will help cheer you up."

The girl continued to smile as he walked up and looked at some of the jewelry not even realizing that the necklace that was around his neck dangled three feet away from his chest. The girl gasped making him look up and straighten up.

"Where did you get that pretty necklace?" She asked.

"Oh this," Junpei said looking down at the necklace, "a dear friend gave it to me."

"It's beautiful," She said reaching out running her hand along the chain.

He looked at her for one moment, this girl looked a lot like Izumi .. the golden hair, big green eyes and her touch was warm ... Junpei looked at the necklace ...

"Here," he said taking it off and putting in her hand.

"But your dear friend gave this to you with all her heart," she said putting back in his hand looking into his eyes closing his hand into a fist, "so you don't forget her."

Stepping out from behind the booth, the girl took the necklace and put it around his neck again ...

"So you don't forget how much she cared ..."

"I do miss her." Junpei said looking away, "I just wish I told her how I felt before she left."

"I'm sure she knew ..."

"Do you really think so?" He asked looking back at her seeing her smiling at him.

"Have I lied to you yet?" She asked still smiling at him.

A smile slowly started show across his face as his eyes that where slightly clouded started to show life in them; the pain in his heart slowly melting. He was starting to like this girl ....

"Hey. I don't think I caught your name yet."

"Oh, it's ..."

************************

Kouichi sat up to the sound of crying; with a sad sigh, he got up and walked across the hallway and walked in his brothers room and sat next to Kouji who was lying on his stomach, his face buried in his pillow. His twin brother moved his hair out of the way and started to rub his back.

"I was so mean to him, Kouichi," came a muffled sob from the pillow, "and I never thanked him for helping save you ..."

Kouji rolled over slightly then sat up and wrapped his arms around his brother as Kouichi rocked him .....

"I don't think you needed to thank him," the short haired twin said trying to ignore his own pain he had.

"What makes you think that," Kouji asked finally looking at his brother.

Before Kouichi could answer some sounds came from behind the house ....

***********************

The twins came into the barn to see Lady Kenchi and one boy about their age, he had tan skin rich brown hair that stuck below his ears. He was wearing a yellow short sleeve shirt, dark gray pants and white moccasins, his eyes where rich brown full of life, he was brushing Kouji's mustang. At first Kouichi thought he was seeing things ... that couldn't be Takuya! It had to be someone that looked like him, witch had to be it.

"I got the bucket of water." Came a voice from behind.

The twins turned to see a little boy about Tomoki's age, he had shorter hair that was darker brown and his eyes where a darker brown ... Kouji watched the burnette carefully as he walked up and took the bucket and walked back to the mustang, the little boy following ...

"What are you doing?"

"These boy's wouldn't leave so I thought that it would be fare that I let them in to see Fleisher ..."

Both boys bowed respectfully as Kouji scowled at everyone balling his hands into a fist ... he didn't know why he was getting angry all of sudden but he was ... still scowling at everyone he took a deep breath.

"Leave."

"But we're not finished ---"

Before the little boy could finished the dark haired boy looked down at him ...

"Are you deaf? I said leave!"

Just right at that moment a pare of strong hands took hold of Kouji and he was met with brown eyes full of anger ... looking into his eyes was like looking into Takuya's eyes like the time he was trying take since into him ...

"If I ever see you try to be mean to my brother, you'll regret it."

Kouji's eyes widen for one moment .... this boy's voice ... it sounded so much like Takuya's ... still looking at each other ... it was starting to be uncomfortable. Kouji looked away and sighed as the other boy let go of his shirt ...

"Fine. You can do what ever you want ..."

With no other words, Kouji turned and walked out, his hands in his pockets causing Kouichi and Lady Kenchi to sigh and the burnette to frown.

"Sorry about that," Kouichi sighed, "my brother is not really that forward ..."

"Where do you think he could've gone?" The burnette asked out of the blue.

This caught the short haired twin off guard as he looked at the brown haired boy to see concern in his eyes ... why would this boy concern .... then idea came to mind ...

*********************

Kouji walked along the dock ... he didn't really wanted to be alone and a way he did. Why couldn't people just stop feeling sorry for him! It wasn't really helping. Walking to the edge, he looked into the water long and hard ... so many things running through his mind. Why fall in? A smile shown on his face .... yes. Then the pain would be over ....

"Do you really think suicide is the answer?" Came a voice as the dark haired boy pivoted to see the burnette standing there, his arms crossed, the moon light making his skin look soft.

"And what if I do jump?" Kouji scowled again.

Why won't this boy leave him alone?

"I'll just have to jump in after you." The burnette said.

"Yea, whatever." Was all the dark haired boy said as he walking passed the burnette.

Kouji didn't get fare though, the brown haired boy grabbed his arm and pulled him back so that they could face each other ...

"What is your problem anyways? What did I do to you ... to make you hate me?" The burnette asked with slight hurt in his eyes.

"Look, you didn't do anything. I just got some issues to work out. Okay?"

The burnette looked at him as he let his arm go grateful that Kouji was not going to do it. The dark haired boy turned and looked straight ahead at the river. The brown haired looked at what the dark haired boy was looking and then back at him ...

"Oh, I'm sorry."

Kouji stiffened as he turned to look at the boy and then frond.

"Why are you sorry?"

"You lost someone didn't you?"

Still looking at the burnette trying to figure out how he knew, brown haired continued as he looked ahead ...

"I lost someone too .... and I wish nothing more for him to come back ... but he's gone and nothing can bring him back ..."

"Oh." Was Kouji say seeing pain in the other boy's eyes.

"But I think," the burnette continued lasing his fingers around the dark haired hand, "hearts can be mended."

"You know," Kouji said liking the other boys touch, "I think your right," then looked back at the burnette, "I didn't introduced my self. I'm Kouji Minamoto."

"Takuya Kanbara."

THE END.

Phew! I'm done, now I can work on my other stories that are not done.
KellyQ