Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Cyborg Davis ❯ Drunken Depressed, Davis ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
The wedding ceremony had been carried out, and it was time for the reception. Kari and TK couldn't have been happier, and neither could their friends. Most everyone saw it coming, and now she and TK were man and wife.
 
The Wedding party consisted of all their friends, family, even their Digimon were there. Sadly a few people couldn't have made it, and among them was Davis. “I really wish he was here.” Kari said. “He'd really be jealous of this.”
 
“Hey, hey… take it easy.” Yolei said, “Don't you think maybe Davis has had enough of this little game of yours?”
 
“Sorry…” replied Kari, “I'm just so happy, and excited that I can barely contain myself.”
 
Just then her new husband wrapped his arms around her from behind. “Are you sure about that…?” he asked flirtingly. Kari giggled.
 
Yolei and Ken, who were already a year married, shared in the laugh, but they were secretly also feeling just a little bummed about something…
 
Everyone had kept asking why Davis hadn't come to the wedding? They knew that Davis was feeling just a little down about Kari and, but they didn't think this was any excuse to miss out on the wedding of the year.
 
Then again, they did know how busy he was. Davis had achieved his goal and opened his noodle-cart, but over the fist few years he had succeeded in turning that one cart into a world wide industry and chain of carts, restraints, stands, and store products.
 
He was a very busy man these days.
 
“I'm sure he's okay…” Tai said. “He probably doesn't mean not to be here.”
 
Kari however wasn't sure. She may have grown up a bit, and was studying to become a pre-school teacher, but she could still tell when people were lying, and she secretly had a feeling Yolei and Ken were hiding something… still, she didn't want to let it spoil her wedding day.
 
“I just wish Davis were here…” she muttered.
 
Meanwhile
 
Davis was actually free that night. He had no paperwork, no cart-routes to deal with. Even if he had… he didn't feel much like doing any of it.
 
He was sitting in a tavern, about a mile down the street from the wedding, drinking down what had to be his fifth shot. He was starting to feel a little tipsy too, but he just didn't care.
 
Veemon was there too, feeling very sorry for his friend. “Davish…” he asked shyly, “Are you going to be okay?”
 
Davis wasn't all that drunk, he looked at his Digimon friend, “I don't think so.” he said sadly. “And before you start… it's not Kari I'm upset about, nor TK. It's me!”
 
Davis had never managed to get rid of his feelings for Kari. He even tried dating other girls, but it didn't work out. He kept seeing Kari, and only her. Even with his eyes closed, she was there.
 
He even tried talking to his mother's therapist, and using the vast amounts of money he was making with his career to talk to other professionals. He had taken their advice, and tried everything recommended… but not one of them had helped.
 
Kari was married to TK now, and he felt like he had nothing. He never even got to go out with Kari not once. She never gave him a chance, not even when he tried to mature as an adult. Now she was beyond his reach… and all Davis wanted to do was drink away his sorrows.
 
Yolei and Ken were the only ones who knew where he was, and how he really felt about the wedding. Ever since Kari and TK announced their engagement, they knew Davis was going to take it pretty hard, and they kept checking in on him as if he were an invalid.
 
As the night grew deeper, Davis was still at the tavern, and by now he had drunken enough to start hallucinating, and was barley able to see.
 
That's when a pretty, sober woman, who thought Davis was quite a catch tried to woo on him. “Hey, aren't you Davis Motomiya?” she asked. “The famous Digi Destined and new Noodle-Co headman…?”
 
Davis looked up, “What's it to ya?” he asked almost sternly. The woman asked Davis is he was looking for a “Wild ride” but Davis shook his head, “I don't care much for that stuff anymore… I'm through with it all.”
 
The woman tried again, but by now Davis had finally snapped, “I SAID… GET AWAY FROM ME!!” he screamed, and everyone else stared towards him. “I'm completely lost! I've hit rock bottom.”
 
“Davish…?” Veemon said, “You have to calm down. Don't hurt yourshelf anymore.”
 
Davis stared with his tipsy eyes at Veemon, “Yeah… what do you care?” he asked gruffly, “You don't have to worry about all this stuff.”
 
Veemon tried to explain to Davis that he did know how he felt. He always liked Gatomon, why he even remembered how Davis tried to make him Digivolve just to impress her and Kari. “But I can shee that she'sh happy with Patamon, and that'sh all I really want… for her to be happy.”
 
“You should feel the shame for Kari. She'sh happy now and you shouldn't be beating yourshelf up like this.”
 
Davis' only response was a great big puddle of puke. The bartender had had his fill of all this, “All right that does it! Get out of here you drunken moron!” he spat at Davis. “Get out!”
 
Davis all groggy, and tipsy…. it took him almost two minutes just to find his way to the door after falling over the place. “BEAT IT ALREADY!!” The bartender shouted.
 
Davis made it out into the street, but he was still an awful wreck. “I should… be… happy… for her.” he said in his drunken condition. “So… why can't… why can't I… why can't I feel great bout this.”
 
He looked up high into the dark skies, “WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME?!” he screamed, but then he collapsed to his knees and began puking all over the road. It really hurt him a lot.
 
Poor Veemon hated seeing Davis like this. He didn't even like the sight of the puke, so he kept a little ways away to wait until he was finished letting it all out.
 
However… there was trouble just up ahead. Veemon could suddenly hear a sound echoing over the distant, and the road was starting to rumble. He turned and saw a car heading straight towards Davis, and the driver couldn't see him!
 
“DAVISH… LOOK OUT!!” he called. That's when the driver slammed on his breaks, but there wasn't enough space for him to even slow down. Davis looked up, and he was able to tell what was going on… “WAAAAAAAAAH…!”
 
The tires of the car continued to screech and then… WHAMM! The car had hit Davis so hard that the engine blew up. Broken glass and car fuel lay all over the road, and worst of all, Davis and the driver were both passed out!
 
Veemon rushed over to Davis' unconscious body. HE was bleeding badly, his wounds were huge, and he wasn't even moving or breathing. “Davish…? Davish?!” but he got no response. “DAVISH…!”
 
Author's notes:
 
Sorry if I took thing a little tooextreme with the emo and stuff, but I said it would be here form the start.
 
Besides, I can't believe I have to actually pair TK and Kari up like thatfor some fics. BLAH!
 
I really hate that dude.