Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Cyborg Davis ❯ Save him ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
Word of the accident had spread every quickly, and it even caught he attention of the other Digi Destined, including Kari and TK. The press was there showing the sad images of Davis being transferred to the hospital, where it was determined that he was going to die.
 
All of Davis' fans, and co-workers who were watching the broadcast from last night were heart struck. “There once again the sad footage we've been watching all day.” Said the reporter, “A beloved visionary who had turned q single noodle-cart into a global empire chain of success, and renowned greatest Digi Destined… Daisuke Motomiya, estimated to die at age 27.”
 
 
Among all the people to hear of this tragic news, one of them happened to be a middle aged man, in his late forties, and his name was, Yami Ninji. The owner of… NINJI'S NOODLES; a noodle-company that rivaled and loathed Davis'
 
“Aww… how sad.” he hissed wickedly. “Poor boy couldn't handle the business world. Hmm, eh, eh, eh. Ahh well… his loss will soon be my gain.”
 
Yami was a very shady and very greedy Noodle-man, who was jealous of Davis the moment he had started his business. Davis made more in a month than he had made in three years time.
 
His stock had gone down. Some of his employees quit and left him to join Davis' team, and many people stopped buying Ninji's Noodles and products.
 
Now with Davis in grave injury, Yami hoped he would die so that he would once again reclaim his stolen fame, and maybe even take control of Davis' own company to steal his secret recipes.
 
“Mine… all mine. Hmm, mm, mm, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah…!”
 
 
At the hospital, Davis sister Jun, and with Joe's help were trying all they could for Davis, but it was no use. He had been hit very badly, and all the alcohol he took in really hurt his insides.
 
Jun had matured a lot over the years, and was no longer flaky and ditzy, but a well-known doctor, and Tai's wife, but she was on the verge of heartbreak knowing that her brother was going to be dead… and in just a few short days too…
 
Everyone, who were all out in the waiting room, were heart-struck, even Kari and TK who decided not to go on their honeymoon. Who could have fun and enjoyment knowing a friend they valued deeply was dying. They did however figure out why when Kari forced it out of Ken and Yolei. “I can't believe this!” she said on the verge of tears.
 
“Davis has done a lot of crazy things before, but I think this takes the cake.” said Gatomon. Everyone stared down at her in shock at what she just said. “What…?”
 
“Gatomon…” said Hawkmon may I remind you, it was reported that Davis was drinking through acts of depression?”
 
“Who could blame him?” Matt said referring to the fact that Kari was with TK, “It wouldn't have surprised me if he didn't just tie and anchor to himself and throw himself into the water.”
 
“Matt!” Sora snapped at her husband.
 
“I just feel really bad.” TK said, “Davis is in there because of me. It's all my fault.”
 
“No TK… you can't blame yourself.” Patamon said.
 
Everyone else, agreed. He couldn't have helped it if Davis wanted to act all emotional and drink himself too far. Only Kari disagreed, she actually blamed herself more. “I should've known Davis would've acted like this.”
 
Just then, Jun and Joe came in with those looks of despair that no body wanted to see. Joe shook his head; “There's nothing we can do for him.” he told the others.
 
Jun looked ready to break out into a sob, but luckily Tai was there to comfort his wife. Everyone had a few tears to shed, and some of the guys felt like punching holes through solid brick walls.
 
“There got to be shomething you can do!” snapped Veemon, “Don't let Davish die…!”
 
Sadly it was in vain. No matter what anyone had suggested, all ideas were dismissed. Davis' internal injuries were much to sever. Even and organ transplant wouldn't help him. Joe and Jun estimated he would be dying within the next two days.
 
Izzy was deep in thought. He didn't want Davis to die either, but he hadn't the foggiest of how to save him, and he was supposed to be the head of his computer labs studying the Digital-world.
 
“Does anyone have a tissue...?” cried Tentomon.
 
Izzy's head suddenly snapped up when he heard the world, Tissue. “Wait a minute…” he said to himself. He thought it over a lot, and then he told the others, “Guys… I have an idea!”
 
The others all spun round to face him at once. “It's very risky, but I just may have an idea to save Davis.”
 
“Well quit keeping in to yourself!” Gabbumon snapped. “What is it already?”
 
Izzy explained to everyone how his lab had been busy researching the Digital-world, and Digimon all over. This also led them wanting to research a way to save humans if they were involved in situations like Davis'…
 
…If their bodies were rendered useless.
 
“It's just like how when a Digimon dies, their information just gets reconfigured. Provided of course that they aren't destroyed completely, and there's no data left. ”
 
Everyone else agreed, but they didn't see to what that had to do with humans. They weren't Digimon; they had no information to reconfigure. “What's this got to do with Davis?” asked Agumon.
 
Izzy explained that he and his lab workers were developing a project consisting of artificial, mechanical bodies; bodies that could store the downloaded brainwaves of a human being, and give that human a whole new life.
 
“You mean… Davis would be an android?” asked Mimi.
 
“A half… android to be exact.” Izzy said, “But he would be alive, and he'd probably still be able to do all the things he did before… but…”
 
“But…?” asked Tai. “And what do you mean… probably would?”
 
Izzy reported that the project had never been successfully or properly tested yet, and there were still a few design flaws that would probably affect the results. “But it's up to all of you.” he said. “If you want to try this, you have to decide now. If Davis dies before the project is done, we'll lose him for good.”
 
A few moments of silence followed, and Kari was the first to stand up. “I say we do it. We can't just let Davis die like this.”
 
TK agreed with his wife. “It's our only chance.”
 
Soon everyone was in, especially Jun, Tai, and Veemon. With that… Izzy began to notify his lab to begin preparing things. “I just hope I know what I'm doing.”
 
Over the next few days…
 
Izzy managed to download Davis' brainwaves successfully so his body would die, but his mind was safe. While he worked on configuring the systems, his other workers had been busy preparing a body for Davis.
 
It wasn't easy as they actually had to open up his dead body, and work their way through pulling out useless organs, bones, and stuff like that. Then they put in all the mechanical joints and systems that were needed. “Boy… he's sure going to feel different when he wakes up.” Tentomon said.
 
Izzy nodded, “Okay… begin transferring brainwaves.” he told his workers. Now it was all the case of uploading Davis' mind to his new body. Once it was done, Davis was going to be okay, and all that remained was for him to wake up.
 
Author's notes:
 
I don't like killing Davis, unless its final that he won't ever end up with Kari. That's the way my Dakari's roll. Davis either ends up with Kari… or ends up dead!
 
Harsh, I know… but that's just the way I am.