Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Daimyo Tai's Dilemma ❯ The Digimon Council ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The next morning at the Digimon Empire capital, Odaiba was located on an island just off the main land of the Anime Archipelago. The only way to get to the city was from a bridge that was lifted up when trouble arrives. in the capital there laid the palace that held the Daimyo. Just outside of the palace in the main land were the town itself. There’s a wall that protects the capital from invaders. Daimyo Tai was sitting along with his council of samurais. His Shogun, Ryo Akiyama sat to his left, he is the only one to wear little armor and only have protecting on his right shoulder in which a metal plate lies. To his right is his other Shogun, Matt Ishida. The two would not really corporate with each other, this worry the council and Matt’s girlfriend Sora Takenouchi; they fear that this friend rivalry would soon turn into a civil war if the two don’t get along.

Ken Ichijouji, Davis Motomiya, Willis, Takato Matsuki, Henry Wong, Rika Nonaka, Takuya Kanbara, and Koji Minamoto. They are one Tai’s top generals that lead certain units in battle. Rika however was to first female to be chosen to do such a role. At the side of the tables are the squires. T.K one of the squires rose up to speak
“Tai, there was attack in our waters, last night, a Pokémon ship carrying a small invasion force attempted to capture one of our forts,” he said. Matt however wasn’t happy about the news, Tai was listening to the commotion.
“I can’t take the Pokémon attacking us; we need to invade so that we can crush them!” he said.
“We can’t be hasty, the Pokémon’s army is just as powerful as ours,” Ryo said “Plus, mostly of our armies are made up of Digimons more than humans,” he added.
“Tai, we need to let the Digimon fight for us. They can’t just stay stationed in the Digital World,” Matt suggested. Tai thought about it he then looked at the group.
“I can’t let the Digimon fight. We just need to rely on our allies for support,” he said.
“What allies?! The only allies we have is the Spirit Realm in the west! They don’t even have a good army!” Matt retorted. “We need more allies,” he said again, Tai turned to him.
“Who do we ally with then? Almost all the countries on this continent are to the north but the Ctarl-Ctarl Empire will even kill our diplomats when they enter their borders,” Tai said, he then looked at the council.
“Besides, the only real battles we have with them are naval battles. They are just as protecting their lands from the Ctarl-Ctarl Empire as much as we are,” he said while the council nodded their heads. “Right now, we just need to be prepare for just what the Ctarl-Ctarl Empire might do,” he added.
Then there was knocking at the door, all the council looked at the door as Izzy looked inside.
“There’s a Fire Nation diplomat here, Tai,” he said.
“Let him in,” Tai said while the door opened to a Fire Nation diplomat guarded with two firebenders.
“I came from the great country of the Fire Nation,” the diplomat said.
“What does the Fire Nation want from us?” Tai asked.
“We came because we only ask you to be are allies, we heard so much about your rivalry with the Pokémon States,” the diplomat responded.

Tai then asked, “What is it that we will both gain from this alliance?”
“Well help you defeat the Pokémon States, and everybody else that bothers us,” the diplomat said. Matt then looked at Tai waiting for a response.
“I’m sorry but no,” Tai said.
“What?” said both the Diplomat and Matt.
“I’ll like to ask for a trading right thou, we have some pretty neat things to trade,” Tai asked the Diplomat.
“Fine, but the Fire Lord wouldn’t be pleased,” the diplomat bowed as he and the guards left.
Matt then looked furiously at Tai while he slammed his fist on the table.
“Tai! There was an alliance, right there, scaring at you and you turned it away!?” he yelled.
“I rather be allying with nations that I know, but the Fire Nation is not one of them,” Tai responded. Matt angrily got up and walks out of the council room, muttering on the way out.
“What are going to do with Matt?” Ryo asked Tai, Tai then looked out the window that was behind him looking at the ocean.
“I’m not sure, Matt just needs to understand that my decisions are not dumb, it may seem hard now, but I’ll never let the Digimon Empire fall to any nation,” he said. Izzy then walks in; Tai turns around to face Izzy.
“Tai, we have found a prisoner that was aboard the ship of the Pokémon States, were not sure if she important,” he said while two guards carried in May in which she was still asleep but rather ill. The council then looks at her, Tai notices May, he then said.
“Will keep her, but not as a prisoner of war,” he said while the council looked at him.
“Why so?” Ken asked, Tai then got up; he walked over to May as he felt her forehead.
“Because, she is ill and if she was a soldier then I would release her, it the Code of Chivalry that the first emperor made,” Tai said, he looked at Mimi and his sister Kari.
“Make her comfortable, and treat her well,” he said while he looked at the council. “The same goes to you guys also, she will be treated the way a new person would be treated,” the council nodded.
“Council dismiss,” Tai said while the council placed there katanas back into their quivers.

Meanwhile, at a Pokémon port somewhere in the ocean, Captain Surge and Lt. Drew where waiting for their ship to be repaired. Drew was pacing back and fore impatiently.
“I can’t take this, if May was capture. Would those Digimon tried to hurt her?” he said while Surge replied.
“I don’t know, I never heard the Digimon being cruel to their prisoners, they have something called the Code of Chivalry,” Drew then stopped, he then said
“What about I just go there on a diplomat mission,” Surge looked at him. “Then I’ll bring May back, huh?” Surge shook his head while he looked out in the ocean.
“I don’t trust those Digimons, but if we must, but will wait. Let me get more men from the capital then will be on are way,” he said.
“What are the troops for?” Drew asked.
“Just in case the Digimon tried to double cross us,” Surge said.