Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Desire ❯ Episode 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 2 -Heartbreak
Daisuke ran past people, hitting some, missing others, not even caring. Anger held in his eyes, also there was sadness, hurt, but anger reigned superior over them. Tears threatened his eyes, but he desperately fought them away. Busting through the doors he ran with no bars held, he didn't bother even thinking to go to his car, he just wanted to get as far a he could, no matter where, just as long as it was away from.........NO, he wouldn't even think about it. The fire burned even brighter, his legs wanted to give out, but his adrenaline prevented that message from going through. He hadn't realized he had gone as far as to be in the middle of Yakuzan Territory. His adrenaline had finally run ragged and he had to stop.
“WHAT THE FUCK!?” He yelled in frustration and anger.
“Who are you? What you are doing, you aren't allowed here!”
“I'm sorry, I didn't... His eyes caught a glimpse of something on the wall where the light had shined, he knew his mistake. A sign read Aomi South Pier Park. `Shit this is Yakuza gun smuggling territory center, what have I gotten myself into? STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!'
“Look, I didn't see anything, just point me to the way to get out of here and I'll be on my way.”
“You're a cop, aren't you?” The man pulled a gun, Daisuke's eyes went wide, not out of fear as much as his insight of what would happen after that gun was fired, if it fired, every person in a 3 block radius would be on his ass.'
He jumped forward, he felt something crunch underneath his foot as he pushed off from the man's chest, sending both tumbling, but he caught himself the other man didn't. He watched slowly after he heard it, time seemed to slow for him; seconds seemed like minutes, minutes like hours. Daisuke saw the reverb from the man's drop, the fall's reaction, the tightening of his muscles and the firing of the gun. He followed the freshly fired bullet and, for a moment, time stopped. He saw it coming; his mind worked too slowly, his body too slow everything was too slow. Suddenly in a flash it was back to normal and Daisuke had rolled only inflicting a flesh wound, but the result was the same either way, he could already hear the running footsteps. Before his mind could even tell them to, his arms were pushing him up and his legs were starting for another uphill sprint.
He knew his legs were in major protest, but if he didn't get out of there he knew he wouldn't see the sunrise. His shoes lost grip as he skidded coming through the corner, he pushed himself up and pressed himself even harder. His heart skipped a beat, there was a road, passers by in abundance, what he didn't see were his pursuers, but could he hear them, they were there not far behind. He made mad dash for the road, he was within distancehe heard a deafening screech, bats? No. He saw the lights, they reflected off his eyes, he didn't see the back road and he hadn't even noticed the change in texture of grass to gravel. He stared like a deer in headlights, nothing worked. `MOVE GODDAMNIT! YOU'VE LISTENED TO ME UP UNTIL NOW, FUCKING MOVE!' He begged his legs, again he could see as it came, inch by inch, although to all others it was a car still flying at 85 mph or more. It was no less the a yard away, yet it still looked as thought it would be minutes before it hit, in a flash he was on the ground, his legs had finally taken the advice and the van came to a hurdling stop and the driver jumped out quickly.
“HEY! Are you alright? The driver asked. Daisuke paid no attention to the question, just the driver. He knew that voice, knew what was coming, he still couldn't decide to punch the shit out of Tk or ask for help.
“Wait, Davis??!!” Tk was immediately at his side, and saw the blood. “That's not from a fall, what the hell happened!?”
“It doesn't matter; we've got to get out of here NOW!”
“Wha.”
“Just help me up, damnit.” Tk obliged and helped Daisuke into the van. Both of them saw about 6 or 7 figures running up, knowing Daisuke never to run from anything he couldn't handle, Tk floored it.
They in silence, Tk watching the road glancing to Daisuke every little while or so, seeing if he could get any explanation, even if only a crappy one. He needed to know something! Daisuke just brooded and every little while glanced to Tk only resulting in igniting his fierily anger even more.
“Will you please just at least say something? Anything!”
“............”Daisuke stared forward.
“Please?” Tk begged.
“Anything...” Daisuke mocked, not breaking his forward gaze.
“Damnit, I just want to know who you were running from you, I'm worried.” Tk said glancing from the road to Daisuke and back while he drove.
“I'm fine, fuck you very much.”
“Come on, I don't want to see you get hurt.” Tk instantly regretted saying that. Daisuke broke his gaze, Tk saw he had the most disgusted look on his face.
“BULLSHIT! That is bullshit, if you wanted to not see me hurt you wouldn't have gone behind my fucking back, you don't wanna see me get hurt? What, DOES HEARTBREAK NOT COUNT YOU MISRABLE SHIT?...STOP THE CAR.”
“Why?”
“Because if I hit you we'll crash!” Daisuke was pissed.
“Look, Davis, it not what you-” Daisuke cut him off.
Don't give me any excuses, don't feed me that crap! If you want to make me feel better take me to my truck and don't say one damn word regarding anything, not matter what. Except how long?”
“............” Tk didn't look at him, he got the picture.
“That more than enough information.” Tk opened his mouth to talk, “don't talk to me.” He said it calm-like, emotionless, just drive.”
“He didn't talk to me once after that and if I attempted to even try he gave me a death glare that would make even Myotismon think twice. He was deadly, the second we pulled into the parking lot he got out of my car and into his. He squealed his tires trying to get out of there so fast.” Tk.
Did you try to explain it to him?” Kari asked hopeful.
“Like I said if I opened my mouth he gave me a look that said `say anything and I'll kill you.'” Tk replayed every scene in his head.
“Maybe we should let him cool down.” Sora said.
“I don't mean to be a downer, but time won't help anything, he's basically a replica of Tai when it comes to these things, not to bright and extremely stubborn.” Matt said.
“Excuse me?” Tai turned to look at his friend.
“Not. That it's a bad thing, it's just if you wait it won't help, you just have to push your point. That you didn't want to hurt him, just explain yourself.” Matt finished.
“He's right, he may be stubborn, but if you tell him why you didn't tell him he'll listen, but if you don't do it quickly, he might not.” Ken said. “You two need to figure it out though, not us.” Ken told them as he stood up and walked to the door, “he's not as dumb as you think, tell him the truth, you might be surprised.”
“We never said he-”
“You didn't have to; I have eyes, just trust him. Now, I've got to go.”
Davis sat at the edge of his bed. A loud rock/techno blasted through his apartment. He sat there, unmoving, inert, just staring at the motionless floor beneath him. The phone beside his bed flashed the number 6 in bright red, meaning 6 messages. He hadn't even bothered to do anything after he'd enter the place, except turn the music on. The strange guitar riff and fast techno drums beat through the speakers; Davis was unfazed by the vibrations.
He stood up and walked to his desk, there was a pack of cigarettes and a lighter next to the computer. Pulling the small stick he lit it and exited to the balcony. He resumed his inert stare, only moving to put the stick in his mouth and remove it. He could still vaguely hear the music, but either way he paid it no mind to it. He thought about everything, friendships, rivalries, loves, crushes, but mostly it all came back to that kiss. No matter how much he tried to erase it, that damn kiss kept coming back.
He also thought about what was going to happen tomorrow, what he was going to say, what all the others would. Would they pity him? Would they laugh at him? Would they try to comfort him? He grimaced at all of these; he didn't want to be pitied. Then he wondered how long they'd all know about it? Were there other things that they kept from him? These questions came too often and too great in complexity. He didn't want to think about the answers to them, ever. He trusted them and believed them, but that one little tick in the back of his mind continued to bring up just one question.........what if?
It was getting to be too much for his brain, he thought he was about to crack, then it popped into his head, he'd completely forgotten about it. He looked all over for, in the kitchen, the bathroom, the bedroom, everywhere. Eventually he found it and held it in his hands; it was a small slip of paper. On it, it read....
Michael Ryland U.N. - 421-559-1540
He slowly walked over to the phone. Contemplating what he should do. He decided. He knew he couldn't stay in this city. He would come back some day, but he loved her, it was not something he could so easily get over and go back to being near her. Not anytime soon anyways. He dialed out......
End Episode2