Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Desire ❯ Episode 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode Four - Goodnight L.A.
 
“Without Italics is Japanese.”
“With Italics is English.”
 
 
The black SUV was almost a blur as it blasted throughout the traffic. Another dark tinted SUV followed, most everyone got out of their way, considering the siren that emitted from underneath the hood and the single blue light flashing from the dash of each truck. They soon neared the Red Light District in the worst part of town. They sirens went silent as the two SUV's pulled off into a direction deeper into enemy territory. A large apartment building was directly ahead of them. When they got to the end both slammed the brakes and six doors opened and closed, almost simultaneously. The driver's stayed inside and pulled a safe distance away from the building.
 
The six people that stepped out were dressed in black SWAT type suits, each sporting a bulletproof vest, a small holstered weapon and a medium semi-automatic weapon. The letters ATD were in bright red on the backs and their faces were covered by black ski masks. The one whose patch read Burner was waving the rest in. They made their way, quietly up the stairs, two stayed behind for cover, their patches read, Crimson and Rage. The rest began their ascent to the top, it was only four stories.
 
They reached their level and quietly made their way down the corridor. The four dressed in black stopped at 416 and gathered around the door. Two of the SWAT like people stood in front of the door, their patches read Sly and Speed. Locking and swinging their semi-autos behind them they un-holstered their Berettas, the one with the patch Burner put his back to the right side of the door. On the opposite side a petite figured SWAT backed up to the left side, her patch read Ice, readying their guns the two in the middle, Sly and Speed, prepared.
 
The door busted open as the lock and a piece of the doorframe went flying. The two that busted it open quickly backed up as Ice and Burner took charge and swiftly entered the room. In front of them was a man sitting on a couch, Ice promptly subdued him. When she looked up from cuffing him, she saw the door to the bathroom, Burner didn't.
 
“BURNER!” He quickly realized his mistake.
 
He hastily turned his finger on the trigger. Without thinking he fired, his bullets met the mark, they tore through the other man's head hitting the wall behind and splattering blood on it. Burner went down; he hadn't seen the other man fire a shot as well.
 
“BURNER!” Ice was at his side her gun still aiming at the man Burner had shot. Sly and Speed entered the second they heard the shots.
 
“I'm fine Ice, it's just my leg. Take over; you're in charge, secure the building.”
 
“Yes' sir.” Burner pulled his mask off and placed it on his wound. He looked out the window and the lowering sun caught his sweaty face, his eyes brown eyes squinted. With his arm he wiped the sweat from his forehead and the bottom of his burgundy hair.
 
As swiftly as they moved in, they did the same as they moved out. Speed held his gun in one hand and the arm of his Comrade in the other. They hurriedly flagged the trucks to them, their mission was complete. Three Jet Black Ford Crowns sped up to them quickly. The members they looked to be SWAT left the hostage and swiftly loaded into the trucks both of which haul ass in the opposite direction. Two men got out of one of the Crowns.
 
“Oh thank God, whoever you are, you just saved me from those crazy people in black.” The handcuffed man said.
 
“Don't worry we'll get you too a safe place sir.” One of the men said. He led the handcuffed man to one of the three unmarked crowns. The man leaned in and buckled the handcuffed man's seatbelt. The man failed to see the three red letters on the jackets of them men that saved him. They read ATD. The door shut.
 
A few hours later...Los Angeles, California,ATD Base of Operations
 
A knock came loudly to the door and the man sitting in the office.
 
“Come in.” The man told the person opposite the door. The person entered the office with crutch underneath his arm.
 
“You wanted to see me?”
 
“Hey Daisuke, take a seat.”
 
“I was worried when I heard you were injured in the line of duty, but now that you're fine, I wanted to know what happened to you today.”
 
“Well, I was thinking about that myself lately and I came up with only one answer, which is.... I got careless, I left my guard down. After Amy got the other man cuffed I relaxed when I should've finished clearing the apartment. I accept full punishment.”
 
“Heh, we're friends, punishment isn't necessary, but I don't think this was a one-time thing. What's going on?”
 
“It's just....Nothing sir.”
 
“Don't clam up now, and call me Michael, I'm not old enough nor do I want to be called sir.”
 
“I just.........”
 
“You miss your family and friends don't you?”
 
“Well, yeah, it's been six years I think. That and I don't like to kill, I hate it and I've done it way too much for my liking.”
 
“I think you've done your part. You can leave at any time with an Honorable Discharge. Hell truthfully I didn't think you'd make it past the two year requirement, most don't. You can call me and come back at anytime if you miss the trill.” The man slowly stood, pushed his feet together and put his hand to his forehead, Daisuke followed the motion, even with his injury he wanted to salute his friend one last time...
 
“Keep in touch my friend.” Ryland told him.
 
“I will, I will.” Daisuke smiled, but did nod before leaving.
 
A little while later
 
In the locker room Daisuke sat staring at a locker that read Vega, Ryen. He'd grown used to the name, but he was ready to leave it and this life behind. He stood up, with a box in hand, and ripped the name off the locker throwing it, along with the rest of his belongings inside his locker, into the box. A woman walked up to Daisuke.
 
“Are you really leaving?”
 
“Yea, it's time for me to get out of this shit; I haven't seen my family and friends in years.”
 
“Well, if you're ever in the neighborhood, look me up Ryen.”
 
“I'll do that, trust me; I couldn't stay away from you if I tried. Good-bye, Amy.” He smiled and saluted her, the whole time staring at her beautiful green eyes.
 
“Bye,” she stepped out of his way and saluted him. As she watched him walk away she hadn't realized the tears she thought she was holding back had already landed on the floor.
 
As Daisuke walked out, all the men and women including the rest of his team were saluting him. Word spreads fast, but he already knew it, he was actually getting kind of chocked up.
 
As he started up the steps of the plane he looked back over the city and spoke, “Good-night L.A. we had a good time.”
 
End Episode 4