Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Destined To Be ❯ Part 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: See other parts.


Destined To Be
Part 7

Written by: Fairy Empress
thefairyempress@yahoo.com


~ ~ ~

The final battle to protect the Future was here. The kids chosen for the job, the ones of the past Digi-Destined, were all geared up and ready to go. Their future parents could only look on, sensing that not even they could help with what had to be done. So when Autumn took all of them, New and Old Digi-Destined, to a small-uninhabited island, the original Digi-Destined moved away as they could sense what was going on.

The New Digi-Destined were standing on the beach of the island, all wondering if they had what it would end up taking to destroy this evil woman and her minions. Telling themselves that they could was about all they could do. Morgead was the one they thought most about since Raven was his mother and if they destroyed her, they destroyed him.

The decision was brought upon them before they could get a handle on things, as clouds moved in from out of nowhere and blocked out the sun, a shadow was cased over the island. A wind picked up without warning and the group held onto one another to keep from being blown away. Autumn was with the others, protecting them with her newly restored powers, so that they were high above the island in what looked like a large glass bubble.

The woman moved out of the darkened clouds and moved her hand, extending it out and with a motion the group of future Destined was split up. Getting paired together and moved to different parts of the island. Raven and Ryder looked on in amusement at the battle plan their mistress had come up with. To take on the Destined two by two.

Kat landed like her namesake, landing like a cat on her feet when her and Will were dropped from the sky in the middle of the island. Will looked around to get a feel for where they were and what was going on.

"Looks like she has a plan." He stated, dusting off his jacket sleeve of sand.

"Divide and conquer. I knew I should have seen this coming, she can't afford to have us all together when she tries to beat us knowing she can't destroy us once we're together."

A shout and a lightning bolt hit high in the sky, alerting them that their friends were defending themselves against her. Both nodded and headed towards where the bolt of electricity had come from.

Finding an opening to what looked like a meadow, Kat spotted the woman fighting with Derek and Bella while two of the others laid on the ground hurt. Kat rushed over to them, getting pushed out of the way at the last minute by Will when one of Derek's stray attacks landed on the meadows floor. The two landed next to their fallen companions laying on the ground; Joe and Chris. Will had an arm around her waist, that he moved as they both came to sitting positions on the ground. Kat aimed her arm at the witch they were fighting and called out her attack.

"Celestial Arrow!"

The power hit the woman straight in the chest, causing her to gap at the girl. An evil grin crossed her face.

"If that is the best you and your little friends can do I suggest you give up right now. No sense dragging this out."

"Kat! Will!" voices called to them and the two turned to see the rest of their group heading towards them.

"Oh, no you don't."

The ground shook making Kat pull Chris and Jake to safety as the ground split apart. Their friends on the other side, Bella and Derek coming to stand with the four.

"You think it's going to be easy to get rid of me, children? Think again. You're pathetic little wrist digi-vices aren't enough to destroy me."

Raven and Ryder appeared next to her as she spoke and closed her eyes. They all watched as a pure black light overcame her entire body and she opened her eyes to pure black irises. Her voice when she spoke was deeper and chilling.

"I will not be defended by a bunch of adolescent brats who couldn't understand the first time I did this that it isn't about you," she told them and glanced over her shoulder, "it's about them."

Ryder and Raven took her last words as a queue to use their combined powers aimed at Autumn's protective bubble. All the kids yelled for them to stop as the blast centered on the bubble and broke it, sending the fourteen people inside falling to the ground.

Autumn used the remaining power she had to land the group safely on the ground.

The fourteen landed safely on the ground and out of the other side of the forest came Morgead, Melanie, Kasey, and Sam. The witch decided to end this here and now, motioning to her minions to help her and Raven was sent to where Morgead, Sam, Melanie, Kasey and the future parents were while Ryder made his way to the remaining few.

"You can't do this! Think of what the future is like, how you could help change things here and now." Sam yelled up at Raven.

"You all are pretty pathetic if you think that little worry is going to stop me. I have a mission to complete," Raven drew her hand behind her and out of a puff of blackness came a vial, "this children is the only reason the rest of you aren't dead yet." Raven held up the vial and looked directly at T.K and Kari.

"If you do this, you end up dead just like the rest of them, Raven or don't you remember?" Morgead told his mother.

"What are you talking about? I am fine, it's those weak links you need to worry about."

"If they are so weak then why go through all of this? Why destroy them?" Izzy asked and Kat glanced up at the leader.

"You're afraid," Kat said slowly, astonishment clear on her face, "you are afraid of them. That's why you went through all of this and want to do it again. They frighten you."

The group listened intently at the daughter of the holders of Hope and Light. The woman in the air seemed to draw back into herself before answering.

"Afraid? My dear child, why should I be afraid of them when they have yet to realize their power, as you and your friends haven't. Frightened of a bunch of kids who depend on Digimon to protect them because they are only children. Pathetic, weak, and insignificant children."

"You still didn't answer her question, you say we are all those things but if we are insignificant then why hurt us?"

"With you out of the way I can finally rid the world of goodness. The powers that Gennai gave to you in the form of crests all those years ago, then you learned that those qualities were inside yourself, are what I need to kill. Those are what is in every human and by killing the embodiments of those qualities I in fact kill that quality ridding the world of it. So it's not you I am after but what is inside you, what you hide from the rest of the world."

"And you think by killing us you will end it? You are crazy."

"Every human being has those qualities in them, you can't kill it. You would have to kill every single person to kill it."

"Would I? I didn't have to before and I don't see the need to again. Watching the suffering is a great deal more interesting to me than simply killing off the human race."

"How could you want that to happen? You are human, too. Don't you feel how wrong this is?"

The woman laughed down at the bunch. Ryder and Raven waiting.

"Human? I am far above being a simple human. Humans are weak where I am not," she stopped, "this stalling has gone on long enough. Infect them and let us go."

Raven smiled down as she aimed the vial at T.K. Kat moved out of Will's reach and screamed at Raven to stop. The woman paid the girl no mind as she threw it down, only to have it knocked aside with Morgead's hand. The vial breaking and bits of glass imbedding themselves into his skin. Raven blinked in shock as he fell to his knees and Matt caught him as he went to fall onto the ground.

"Morgead! Morgead, wake up." Matt gently said, as the group centered around them.

Raven looked at her hand and at the vial parts that laid on the ground.

"My son…."

"See!! See what you caused, all the pain and suffering has got to stop. I won't let another member of my family die so that you can feel better about being some big controlling power. I WON'T!!"

Kat screamed up at the woman and as she did so her body was covered in light. It lifted off the ground and moved up to the woman.

"You can't beat me, child."

"Watch me."

Kat concentrated, the group sensed it. The future Destined had to give up their power to here like they had before. The only way to stop her was to let their energy go. It circled around them, as one by one they concentrated until Morgead was the only one not glowing. She looked down at him, her eyes closed as she spoke from inside her mind.

"You don't have to help this time, cousin."

"I want to and I will." His own arrogant inner voice answered back and he began to glow in Matt's arms.
Kat opened her eyes and the powers from the others flew up at her and connected with hers forming a bond. She glanced down at her parents and smiled.

"I will save you. I promise."

She looked at her nemesis and concentrated, using her mind's eye to connect with the others to center everything on destroying her. A movement came out of the back of her eye as Ryder used his powers to slice through her shield and cut her upper arm, momentiarly she lost her balance and fell backwards in the air catching herself in time to avoid hitting into a huge boulder.

"You can do it, Kat."

"I am not one for violence but in this case I will make an exception."

"I can't let her do this," Kari announced to the group, making T.K. look at her, "she's going to kill herself to save us."

"Kari, there is nothing we can do. We can't compete with the energy that woman has." Tai told his sister reasonably, looking to Sora who nodded.

"She can do this, Kari. She is our daughter after all." T.K. told the worried brunette.

"I don't want to lose her."

"We won't. Good always trimphs over evil remember."

Meanwhile, as Ryder moved down to have at Kat again, Will jumped from a position on a tree and knocked the interloper to the ground, where a now conscious Jake and Chris kept him.

Kat stayed up in the air. The woman, the witch, looked at the girl. Her face filled with amusement and unconcern.

"You will never win against me, little one. You know it," the woman said as images filled Kat's mind to raise doubt, "and I know it. You have been strong when others would have been weak. You fought a noble but pointless battle and now it's time to end it."

Kat grasped her head as each image was one of something holding her back. They pounded at her mind like a thousand hammers pounding all at once until she screamed in agony.

"We've got to help her, she's dying up there!" Bella yelled.

"What can we do, we are barely conscious ourselves." Chris asked.
Tai thought and turned to the group he had once led and nodded to Davis.

"We need to give her our strength."

"And just how do we do that? We don't have the slightlest idea how." Yolei told him.

"How they did it, concentrate on giving it to Kat. Nothing else just concentrate on her." Davis filled in understanding.

"Sounds good to me." Mimi piped in.

"If she's in, then I guess I am too." Joe said and got a gentle squeeze in his hand that held Mimi's.

"Everybody in? Matt?" Tai asked.

"I'm in." Matt stated, looking at Raven.

"So am I." She announced, "I can't let anything happen to him."

She moved down and touched Morgead's wounded arm.

T.K. and Kari nodded. Tai counted to three as they all shut their eyes and began to let go of their energy. Kat was above and got a rush of power as she was at a stand off with the witch.

"You and I end this now."

Kat moved out of the way as the woman attacked and moved behind Kat in a flash sending a blot of black lightning into the teenager's back. Kat turned and knocked away the arm of the witch and her arm filled with pain at the contract.

"You can't even touch me, how do you intend to fight me?"

"Like this." Kat moved and with all her power flowing centered an attack into the woman's chest.

Kat felt weak as the energy rushed from her and into the attack. It found its mark and the witch fell to the ground. Her body turning to dust. Kat let go and fell down as the ground became one again and they were all on the beach of the island. Her body was caught by T.K. and she blacked out.

~

Waking up was a different story entirely. Her whole body hurt and she opened her eyes slowly. Blinking to center everyone out of the fogginess and saw both her parents and Autumn sitting by her bed.

"You're finally awake, Sleeping Beauty."

"I feel like I have been run over repeatedly. How is everyone? Morgead?"

"They are all fine. Raven reversed the virus from Morgead's system. Ryder is no where to be found and there is a very worried young man outside to see you."

Kat smiled at Autumn's words. Kari and T.K. shared a chair and were sound asleep in it.

"You have two very remarkable parents, kiddo."

"I know now."

Autumn shook the two awake and smiles appeared on their faces as they saw Kat was awake.

"As your future mother, please tell me you won't ever do a stunt like that again." Kari told her.

"Don't worry. I don't want to ever have to."

"You're okay?" T.K. asked concerned.

"I will be."

"Good." They announced together.

"I think that I should let Will in." Autumn told the three of them as she saw him pass by the window of the lobby room into the room for the thirtieth time in the past two minutes.

"Get well, Kat."

"See you in a few."

Kat smiled as the three of them exited and Will entered followed by the rest of her friends. Morgead entered with his arm all bandaged up and Bella worrying over him. Derek was talking with Kasey and Melanie, while Chris and Jake nodded to her.

"Glad to see that the fearless leader is back in business." Derek announced and they all groaned.

"Enough with the leader talk, Derek. How are you, Kat?" Sam asked.
"Fine. Have you told them?" Kat asked.

"That we have to be getting back? Yeah, none of them are too happy about it." Bella told her.

"I didn't think they would be."

"Micheal and Willis went back yesterday to their homes yesterday. Explaining why they were gone to their parents would have been too tricky if they stayed any longer."

"So as soon as I can get up," Kat said, moving the covers back to stand up only to have Will move her back to a laying/sitting position.

"When you are better. Right now you need rest."

"And as you can see, Will has gotten very how should I say, protective of you." Morgead told her.

"Back off, Ishida."

"Come on you guys, let's leave the lovebirds alone."

As they filed out, Kat saw Will clutching part of her blanket in his hand.

"Something wrong?"

"Just don't do that again, cat eyes. One stunt took off ten years of my life, another might kill me."

"Incentive. I think I'll have to do that more often, and who knows you may just die at the old age of nineteen."

"Very funny."

"I thought so," she leaned forward till her head was nearer to his, "I love you, you know. Even when you are being arrogant and totally cold to everyone."

"This from the Ice Princess."

"If you want to get into this right now…"

Will leaned forward, "I don't. I know you want me to say those three words but you'll have to give me time."

"How about two seconds?" she asked as she kissed him.

From the window that looked from the lobby into the room were eighteen pairs of eyes.

~

The day they left, the entire group was sad. Crying and announcements of not going were made but everyone finally realized that it wasn't goodbye. It was until we see each other again.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
This is the end. I hope you all enjoyed it.

~Fairy Empress~