Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Destined To Be ❯ Part 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: See other parts.


Destined To Be
Part 6

Written by: Fairy Empress
thefairyempress@yahoo.com


~ ~ ~

It seemed to take the thirteen of them forever to finally reach the hospital. How they had all fit into the van they didn't even know. Getting out was a release from the cramped prison on wheels and they immediately went into the hospital following Tai and Kat. Kat saw a lot of commotion going on near the room that had Autumn in it and she ran to it, passing Tai and saw the four; T.K., Kari, Mimi, and Joe standing there looking lost. Kat pushed her way past the nurses and doctor that were in the room, taking in the broken glass all over the floor and the state of almost ghost-white paleness of Autumn in the bed. She was tossing and turning, her body seemed to be moving as a part unto itself and not by Autumn's brain control. Kat moved to get a hold on her friend, only to have the doctor from earlier move her away.

"You don't need to be in here if you want me to save your sister's life." He ordered her to stay out, pushing her out the door into the crowd of teenagers but she placed a hand on his arm and his strength left him unable to force her away.

"And if you don't move, she will die." Kat told him, her voice not to be messed with and slipped behind him into the room followed by Morgead, Sam, Tai and Matt.

Kat closed her eyes and a white light filled the room and instantly all the extra nurses disappeared, reappearing outside the door. She opened her eyes having the four of them staring at her.

"I don't need all those useless people in here," Kat came around the bed and took a hold of Autumn's arm, holding on as the red head began to slow down her movements, "That's it, Autumn,…relax…..Take a breathe and tell me what happened…" Kat's eyes were again closed as she was bombarded with images of what had happened in the room.

Kat's eyes opened to reveal dark irises, pure black. Morgead and Sam looked at each other and touched her forehead; she wavered before an aura of black that seemed to surround Kat vanished. She blinked and saw her cousin's collapse to the floor, being caught by the arms of their own father's.

"Not everyday you meet your kids, is it?" Kat asked, shaking off the splitting headache as she saw her future uncles glance at one another, at her and then at the body in their own arms.

"You mean,…I'm a….I'm a…" With that shock delivered, the mighty soccer player known as Tai fainted dead away.

Matt was clearly just as shocked but only amused at how his friend had taken it. He glanced over his shoulder at his little brother and Tai's sister.

"Well, at least I know I'll have one good looking kid."

Kat looked down at Autumn to see her looking up.

"A Guardian is supposed to protect you, not the other way around."

"Hey, you can't always be invincible. Besides, what's the use of a power if you can't use it," Kat glanced at her cousins, "then again, maybe I should warn them when I do this. I forgot how much energy it takes out of them."

"And from the shocker you gave your uncle, I'd say you've done quite enough today, young lady."

Neither of them looked to the amazed faces in the window or doorway to people who had witnessed the scene. Autumn glanced around and bowed her head.

"What you have scene will be forgotten, transport us to a place far from here." Autumn called out and with that the entire group of Digi-Destined disappeared.

~

A huge white light took over a space of an crystal made building, somewhere that was obviously not anywhere in Tokyo and with a flash the building was filled with fourteen of the original digi-destined, along with the eight kids from the future. Three of the new comers looked around at the space, amazed how they were in their own houses and suddenly surrounded by the other members of the Digi-Destined. Willis, Michael, and Ken were getting info from the others while Kat was recovering her cousins from the energy drain. She stopped, as they both regained consciousness along with Tai who was on the ground in Sora's arms.

"You must have a good reason for bringing them all here, Autumn." A stern voice called echoing off the crystal and the entire group looked around to find the source of the voice to see Gennai accompied by two girls standing five steps up from them all.

"I do," Autumn moved towards him, "I am afraid that they must be told in order to keep history from repeating itself."

Gennai sighed at this, something he had thought they might have to go over but hated to admit his fear. He saw that T.K and Kari had gathered around their future daughter protectively and knew it was to be for the good of them all.

"Gennai, what is going on?" Izzy asked, Yolei close at his side.

A wave of Gennai's hand and the group was sitting on crystal chairs and Kat raised an eyebrow at him.

"And you tell me not to abuse my powers." She complained.

"You are not as skilled with them yet, my dear child."

He glanced around the chairs, taking in the images of the teenaged Digi-Destined both of the Original and Armor Digimon and then to the Digi-Destined of the Power Digimon. Each one of the Digi-Destined had a question on their faces to what was going on and he was reluctant to give it.

"To explain in simple terms is that we need you to understand that what we tell you will alter your future's even if you do not mean it to," Gennai started and the group seemed to take that into omission, "the group you have met and some of you have not," he directed this at the three newcomers, "are from the Future."

"The Future? How can they be from the Future?" Joe asked.

"This is extremely difficult to explain…" Gennai added and then with glances to the Future Destined saw them nod.

Samantha stood up and moved so that everyone saw her. She glanced to her own parents, to Tai who had newly found out about her and to her loving mother.

"My name, that I was born with, is Samantha Kamiya. The daughter of Taichi Kamiya and Sora Takenouchi."

Everyone blanched at this bit of news and looked at Tai and Sora. Both blushed but Tai then smiled at her.

"You surprised me when Kat told me in the hospital room," he admitted.

"That's what made you pass out? The fact that we have a daughter together?" Sora wondered.

"Yeah," he gave her a guilty glance, "it's not everyday a guy finds out he's a dad."

Sora took his hand and smiled at Samantha.

"Imagine my surprise when it was admitted to me that I have a son." Matt stated and again looks of disbelief as Morgead stood up and told the group that he was Matt's future son.

Bella was the next to stand and looked directly at her parents.

"I'm Isabella Izumi, daughter of Koushiro "Izzy" Izumi and Yolei Inoue."

"See! I told you that we belonged together." Yolei said excitedly to Izzy who reddened.

Jake was next and he saw the looks that Joe and Mimi were giving each other.

"I'm Jake Kido, son of Joe Kido and Mimi Tachikawa."

Mimi blushed but Joe seemed at peace with the fact.

Derek stood up and glanced solemnly at his dad, he saw his dad looking at Kari Kamiya and sighed.

"I'm Derek Motomiya, son of Davis Motomiya."

Davis was shocked to say the least; he glanced at his son and then thought out loud.

"Who's your mom?"

Derek looked at Kat, who shrugged at whatever answer he wanted to give.

"Ahh…"

Chris sensed his not wanting to give an answer and looked to Will for help. Will rolled his eyes and stood.

"Well, think about it there are only four Digi-Destined girls in your time so not all of the guys end up with a Digi-Destined girl," Will stated looking at Davis, "Derek, Chris, and myself don't have Digi-Destined mothers. Chris is Cody's son and I'm Willis's," he then glanced up on stage to where the other two girls were, "Those two are Melanie, who is Michael's daughter and Kasey, who is Ken's daughter. What we are pointing out is that we are your guys' kids from the Future, simple as that."

Will sat down and glanced over to Kat, who was shaking his head at his lack of timing. He had a way of wanting to just get to the point and not take the time and care that was needed to break this kind of secret.

"What'd you expect the Goth to do, Kat? Give it to them lightly?" Derek sneered.

"Do me a favor and shut up, Derek or better yet go see your girlfriend." Kat ordered and Kasey laughed at her friend.

"See he's still causing trouble for you, eh, Kat?"

"Next time he stays with you," Kat told the black-blue haired girl her age, "I thought I would have to break Morgead's arms to keep them from around Derek's neck."

"If he would only be more cautious with what he says…" Melanie told the group, and headed to sit next to Chris.

"Gee, and now I get the feeling I'm not needed." Derek mumbled.

"We need you, Derek," Sam admitted glancing to Jake who grinned, "just less of your mouth opening and words coming out is all."

The on looking future parents saw this display of friendship and it reminded them of themselves.

"So, if all of you are who you say you are, then whose the girl that keeps causing all the trouble?" Davis asked, getting a punch in the arm by Yolei.

"Now I see where Derek gets his brains from." Will said softly causing Sora and Kari, who were nearest to him to laugh.

"Kat Takaishi, daughter of T.K. Takaishi and Kari Kamiya," Kat announced and both Matt and Tai nodded as Davis's eyes widened as he looked to T.K. and Kari.

"She's your and T.B.'s kid?" Davis yelled asking Kari.

"My dad's name is T.K., Davis," Kat defended walking up to him, "and I know that you have this crush on my mom but I know for a fact that you fall in love with a wonderful woman, who is not my mom. You must be dense if you thought you belonged with Light since it only makes sense that Hope and Light go together since Courage, Friendship, and Miracles have nothing to do with Light. The symbols that are embodied in you are part of your destiny and not there as something to be taken lightly." Kat finished; feeling the hand of Will touch her shoulder.

"So I take it that this guy is your boyfriend?" T.K. asked, looking at Will and then to his friend, Willis.

Kat lowered her head at her father's question before answering.

"You see, in my time it's more complicated than that." Kat said finally.

Gennai took this as a sign to begin telling what needed to be told. Again all of them were seated. He glanced at a disturbed Kat and the rest of the Future Destined who were uncomfortable with the next part that was going to be told.

"Digi-Destined what I am about to explain is the truth as of now," Gennai began, "in two weeks time two of the Digi-Destined are going to be infected with a virus that takes over there entire body but lays dormet until they are twenty-one years of age. This virus then begins to kill off their body cells, becomes fully lethal and is attracted to those of you that are known as the Digi-Destined, entering you body and slowly killing you. This causes a major change in the balance of good and evil, as things begin to die all over the world including other humans. With the death of Hope," Gennai glanced to T.K., "the world becomes a embodiment of despair and chaos. Plants die and people forget what it is they live for. Light tries to help but is overwhelmed by the powers against her and ends up dying leaving alone her only child, Faith. Before she died, Light married Destiny," Gennai glanced to Willis, "who raised Faith along with his own son, Unity. Soon after the Death of Light, the other Digi-Destined begin to die. The last to die are Courage and Friendship," Gennai turned his glaze to Tai and Matt, "you two made sure that the children could protect themselves along with each other."

"So what does this mean for us now?" Mimi questioned.

"It means that we need to stop the infection from getting to T.K. and Kari."

"How are we going to do that?"

"We have to stop the people that are going to infect them," Morgead told them looking at Matt, "one of them is Raven and she's my mom."

Matt glanced at his future son, not sure he had heard him right but at the grave expression on his face Matt knew that Morgead was telling the truth.

"You sure know how to pick them, don't you Matt?"

The comment came from Davis but Morgead beat Matt to the punch, nailing Davis in the face with his fist. Everyone watched and Bella shook her head at Morgead and kissed his swelling knuckle. The group moved out of their seats wanting to get to know these kids of theirs when T.K, Kari and Willis, now bound by the news they were given, came up to Will and Kat.

"Kat," Kari softly spoke, "I was wondering something."

"Go ahead."

"You know what you get when you mix Faith and Unity?" Kari asked with a grin on her face as the two boys smiled and talked with Will.

Kat watched her parents, saw the love they had barely hidden for one another and wondered how in the world someone could be so cruel as to kill something so beautiful. She saw a still unconvinced Davis talking to Derek, Yolei holding Izzy's arm and awing at Bella's wardrobe, Sam was sitting in a chair next to Sora while Tai and Matt discussed things with Morgead. Chris, Cody, Melanie, Kasey, Ken, and Willis were in a corner conversing. Mimi was leaning against a pillar watching Joe and Jake with a small smile on her face.

"How could you doubt our future?" Kat thought aloud, hearing Davis's comments about how something like that could be possible.

Taken by surprise by the daughter of his rival and his crush as Kat walked towards him, pushing Derek aside in her anger.

"This just seems too weird, how could one virus affect the entire planet the way you say it does? Wouldn't it take more than that?"

Kat glanced away and then spoke with hidden emotions resurfacing.

"Alright, you don't believe us, that's fine. Here let me enlighten you," Kat spoke in a tone not even Will had heard her use, "Imagine a once beautiful Earth, the Earth you grew up on. With lush grass, the feel of clean air of not worrying about anything but maybe a test you had in class the next day. Now imagine my world. The once beauty is now gone replaced by brown dirt everywhere, you feel it in your clothes, your hair, your very soul. It causes dust storms across the world, blocking out the sun and making us cough. A world were water is rare to find, that clear water is rarer since we no longer have a working world of factories but rusted buildings where people just forgot they were supposed to work. People who lost the fact that deep inside themselves are qualities we need in the world in order to survive. People who lost hope, lost themselves, lost the meaning to why they even exist anymore because one woman decided that the best way to kill the world was to kill thirteen wonderful people who had qualities that were pure and embodied them so that everyone who hope one day to gain those qualities. You kill hope and you kill the reason to live," her voice was heavy with unshed tears of frustration and anger at what she had to live through, "she killed my dad and my mom before I even got the chance to know either of them. I never knew Hope or Light, never knew those qualities existed until I grew up to wonder about them. To wonder what it would be like to feel those things or anything for that matter because when that witch killed my parents," Kat added quietly, "she might as well have killed me."


She didn't realize it until she finished talking that tears were running down her face. She looked into Davis's eyes.

"Now try telling me that you don't understand."

~

Gennai explained all about the wrist Digi-vices and how they worked, giving the kids the power of their parent's Digimon. Each kid was trying out attacks that their parents explained to them remembering their own Digimon's attacks.

"You all are going to have to work together in order to beat this. She will come after you and she will try anything now that she knows that you have these."

Kat and the others glanced at each other.

"We'll be ready for her."

* * *

Another Part done and 2 to go. Hope you like the next two, as Part 8 will be the conclusion.

~Fairy Empress~