Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Destined To Be ❯ Part 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: Sorry, don't own Digimon. If only the world was fair….

Destined To Be
Part 5

Written by: Fairy Empress
thefairyempress@yahoo.com



All four of the teenagers looked at the hospital bed that had one very serious red head laying in it. She looked directly at Kari and T.K. when she had made the comment that blew them all away. That the girl who had just disappeared in a flash of white light was Kari and T.K.'s own daughter.

"You're kidding, right? I mean Kari and T.K. are only fifteen years old.."

For this comment, Matt elbowed his best friend.

"She means that the girl, Kat, is Kari and T.K.'s future daughter, Tai."

"You said that Kat is your sister so are you…" T.K. asked.

"Sorry, T.K. You and Kari only had the one child and I think from what you have seen of her that one is enough. I only said that so the doctor would leave us alone."

Kari came closer to the bed and stared at the red head. She was certain that the girl had more injuries than the ones that were showing. She wondered how that none of them seemed to be hurting her at all….after Kat had touched her.

"Does Kat have a healing power?" Kari's question came out and made the others look at her.

"Yes, she does. It was a side-affect of her being a Destined. As the group knows," Autumn sat straighter in the bed, "the two of your families, Kamiya/Takaishi/Ishida, are the strongest because you have bonds with your siblings as well as your Digimon. So since Kat is a combination of both families she has a great power inside her, one that refuses to let her rest."

"What you told her, about the other members of her group are they really going to die?"

Autumn's face turned solemn. She hated to reveal more than she had. It could do serious damage to the future but without help the kids of that very future would not survive.

"Yes, I wanted to keep Kat away. She is a key in all of this and if they get a hold of her…Look I need you to get the rest of your Destined together and head to the abandoned building couple of blocks from your school, that's where they are."

"Alright." Tai and Matt took off to get the others.

"Autumn, why did Kat come here? Is there something we should know?"

Autumn sighed, it was a time to tell the two of them.

"Kat came here to keep the two of you apart. From ever finding out the feelings you have for one another," at this both kids blushed which made her smile, "she sincerely believes that by keeping you apart the future will change. She doesn't want to and when she sees the two of you her heart isn't in it. In Kat's time both of you have died," Autumn looked at their shocked faces, "T.K. died when Kat was just a toddler and you, Kari died when Kat was eight. You married before you died in order to protect Kat and so that someone outside your family could care for her. She doesn't have a strong sense of family in the biological sense; your friend Willis and his son William raised her. She would visit Japan and her uncles, your brothers, but she wasn't allowed to stay for long. You wanted to keep her safe."

"Safe from what?"

"From what killed you both and the rest of the Digi-Destined."

~

Tai and Matt went to the waiting room. All of the rest of the Digi-Destined were asleep and Tai decided the simplest way to wake them all up was to….

"EVERYONE WAKE UP!" Tai yelled and was responded to be four pillows hitting him.

Tai glared at the ones that had thrown them and saw that they were all waking up. Sora blinked her eyes awake.

"Tai, what?" Sora yawned, then shook her head to wake up, "Is something wrong?"

"We need to go, now. I'll explain on the way." Tai said, helping Sora to her feet as the rest of them were stretching and getting up.

Mimi pouted at the thought of having to be awake again but then smiled.

"Hey, Tai shouldn't some one stay here and watch out for, what's her name Autumn?"

"T.K. and Kari are with her," Tai glanced at Sora who was nodding to Joe and Mimi next to one another, "If you want you and Joe can stay here while the rest of us go and get in touch with us if you need to."

Sora pulled Mimi aside as Tai was talking to Izzy, Matt and Davis.

"You have my cell phone number so call if anything comes up, okay?"

"Sure, Sora."

Tai and the rest left in a run leaving Mimi and Joe staring at one another both worried about what was going on but happy to stay and watch over the injured girl and the siblings of their friends.

~

The abandoned building was empty when Kat appeared in a brilliant flash of light after leaving the hospital. She looked around to see if the group had left voluntarily or were forced. She stepped further into the darkened rooms of the building until she came upon a web of black threads and inside it were her friends. She ran over to it only to touch it and be thrown across the building landing hard against a wall. She moved to sit up, wincing as pain came from all different areas of her body from the contact.

"Don't touch the web, Kat!" Bella shouted inside the web.

"A little late on the warning there, Bella."

Kat noticed that besides her group were two others. Her eyes opened in shock at the other two.

"Am I really seeing Chris and Will or is this part of the head trauma?" Kat asked aloud.

"Afraid so, cat eyes." Will answered.

Kat used the wall to help her get her balance enough to stand when she got an eerie feeling and narrowed her eyes. She glanced down at the Digi-vice on her wrist and noticed that it was glowing softly and a red dot on it was blinking. She moved her wrist and finally moved it up so that it was aimed at the ceiling. She moved the get a closer look but stopped as three figures drifted out of the ceiling and into the room. She recognized the first two as Raven and Ryder but the other woman she didn't.

"So this is the Savior, the powerful blood child of the combined two destined families. Interesting," the woman was floating circling above Kat in the air checking Kat out, "the strength is there but where is that wonderful self giving up life for another trait all you destined seem to possess?"

"Give me time."

"The arrogance is there, a mix of those interesting uncles of hers," the woman floated to the ground and Kat's body froze to the ground she was standing on, "the innocence of the parents and yet the power that is so feared is indeed inside her. What a mystery."

"Enough with the circling," Kat said, "You and vultures must be best friends."

"Child, you have no idea. So Gennai thinks you will stop me from taking Hope and Light? Always sending a girl to do a woman's job, how careless."

The woman, her dark dress seemed to flow to every corner of the room somehow touched Kat's arm where Ryder had touched her earlier. Kat felt immense pain and had to keep from crying out as she blinked as if to wish it away but it only got worse.

"The more you fight the worse it gets."

Everyone in the web watched as Kat began to calm her breathing and a light outlined her figure and she opened her eyes they were totally white. The woman seemed taken back by the action as if unprepared for this. She saw that the child was fighting the pain and was winning.

"So it is true, you are a Healer. I will have to remember that."

Kat glanced at the woman before extending her arm, her fist clutched and she called out, "Hand Of Fate!"

A golden power knocked into the woman and she narrowed her eyes at the girl. She knew that attack it was from Angemon. She glanced to the girl's wrist to see the improved Digivice and cursed under her breath damning Gennai.

"Those pesky Digivices. A nuisance easily remedied." The woman called out and her hand built up with dark energy directed at the wrist of Kat.

The built of energy was released and headed straight for Kat, only at the last second she was knocked out of the way and the attack hit the wall, opening a hole in it. Kat glanced to the side of her to see what or who had saved her and looked into bright brown-red eyes.

"You okay?" Tai Kamiya asked his new found out about niece.

"If you call wanting to trade your body in for a new one okay then yeah." Kat admitted.

The woman saw who had saved her and gave a groan of disgust. She looked to see that neither of the ones she needed were in the group and waved a hand to Raven and Ryder.

"Take care of these children, would you?"

Matt, Sora, Izzy, Yolei, Davis, and Cody saw the woman the same one who had attacked the girl they now knew as Autumn come forward along with the guy from the school yard the other day. The woman who had been talking drifted into the background and faded away.

"First things first," Tai whispered to Kat, "we need to get those guys out of that web."

Kat nodded, realizing that both Raven and Ryder were preoccupied with the original Destined to be bothered with the ones safely captured in the net. Tai motioned for her to move and they quickly ran to the web but as Tai went to touch it, Kat moved his hand away.

"I learned the hard way," Kat winced at the memory of being thrown, "so how are we gonna do this?"

As the two were figuring out how to release the others, Raven and Ryder were playing with the six left. Raven had pinned Sora to the wall while Yolei attacked her, only getting close enough to be paralyzed to the spot. Ryder was using his pain technique to bring the four boys to their knees, only to have Raven lay her empty hand on his shoulder.

"Make sure not to damage the blond."

This comment, Matt heard through a haze of pain when a blast came followed by two others that freed the six from the clutches of their enemies. All six shook off the hurt to stare at the picture of the eight new destined in fighting form all with their wrists that had the Digivices on them pointed at Raven and Ryder.

"Do you really want to try your luck, Raven?" Kat asked with a smirk.

"You think you've one this one, little girl but those little wrist watches won't save you from what we've got up our selves."

Raven gave one last look at Matt before she faded out and then Ryder moved over to just out of reach of Will and Kat.

"Think you have what it takes to take us all on, Soldier-Boy?" Ryder asked, "or will Angelcake have to save you all? Pretty interesting thought that a girl would have to save your butt now isn't it?"

Will took a menacing step forward as Ryder laughed as he disappeared leaving the fifteen kids staring at one another. Matt walked over to where Tai stood with Kat, making sure instinctively that his flesh and blood was fine.

"You okay?" Matt asked, noticing that Kat was favoring her left side.

"You two must truly think alike to ask the same questions," Kat remarked looking from Tai to Matt and then to the very confused group, "Autumn told them."

This got a reaction from her group but gave only more confusion to the five remaining Digi and Armor Destined.

"Great, why didn't she just sky write why we are here?" Derek sarcastically gruffed.

"Doesn't this change everything?" Sam asked, holding onto Jake's arm casually.

"Like what? Our purpose or our lives?" Bella thought aloud.

"This doesn't change anything…" Chris told them.

"Oh, really and just how is that?" Morgead asked, moving to get his cousin from his own father and Tai, "this destroys our plans since I bet that the Watcher told all of them about why we are here."

"We don't know how much they know, they could know hardly anything." Jake added to the conversation.

By this time the other group had had enough with the talking in circles and Sora detached herself from her own group.

"Alright, what is going on? I can say, and I speak for the group when I say, what the hell is going on that we are totally out of the loop on?!"

This got the attention of everyone. Tai and Matt looked at the rational Sora and saw that she was at the end of her rational rope. Izzy saw the connection that the two of them seemed to form for the one girl of the opposite group and thoughts ran through his head all at once. Yolei seemed to sense this dilemma and nodded to Tai.

"And why are only Tai and Matt in on this?" Yolei demanded.

"T.K. and Kari know…" Tai argued then blanched at his girlfriend's steamed look.

"Okay, if this is a family affair please say so but whatever you do you will remove your arm from that girl, Taichi Kamiya." Sora spoke, her voice stern but angered.

"It's a Digi-Destined problem."

"If it is then why are we all standing around here for, we need all of us for this, right?" Izzy asked and both Tai and Matt nodded reluctantly.

Although none of them were thrilled with the idea and still most were confused on what exactly happened back there. They followed Tai and Matt to the vehicles.

Kat touched her forehead as if to relieve some of the pressure this entire thing was causing only to have her body picked up and moved on it's own. She glared up at Will.

"I have two perfectly good legs, you know?"

"Sorry, cat eyes but since they weren't here for what we all say I am going to continue to carry you until we get you to the hospital to get checked out."

"Ahh,…why is it that you come all the way here just to make me more stressed than I already am? I swear, Will, I am going to kill you when I get enough energy to …." Kat yawned which took the entire mood of her rant at him from angered to tired.

"Sleep." He told her and looked at Morgead, "Thought you were going to watch her?"

"And you can see that even with you around the girl does what she pleases." Morgead told him, getting into the van and being handed Kat.

"Who is she?" Yolei asked, she was squished in the back of the van, where the trunk was with Izzy and Cody.

"I have no idea but I think it's safe to say that whoever she is, she knows exactly what is going on."

* * * * * * *

Due to demand that I have gotten from a few of you (you know who you are *grins*) I have written this one, it's a little shorter than the others even though I had promised to make it longer, which the next one will be since I am only making eight parts to this story so only three more to go. Part 6 should be out by mid next week hopefully.

~Fairy Empress~