Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Destined To Be ❯ Part 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Digimon.

Destined To Be
Part 4

Written by: Fairy Empress
thefairyempress@yahoo.com

No one got much sleep that night, least of all three certain people.

T.K. lay in bed, his hands behind his head, looking up at the ceiling. He couldn't decide what to do about the dream or what it completely meant to them all. Sure most of them played on it like it was something to joke about but both he and Kari knew it had something to do with the two of them in particular. When the dream was going on, it felt like there at tie forming between Kari and him, something that neither one of them could break. The girl in the dream was warning them about something they created. What could Kari and I possible create that could destroy the both of us, he thought. Finally closing his eyes he fell into troubled sleep.

~

Kari was having the same thoughts. Only hers were around how she could get T.K. and herself to dream again and find out more. She just couldn't put two and two together and it was driving her crazy. The part of the dream about this happening again confused her the most. As if this had all happened before but how was that possible and why wouldn't she remember it if it had? Aggravated at her thoughts, she hit her pillow and laid her head down hoping to revisit the dream.

~

Kat woke up the next morning, feeling dread. Something big is going to happen today, was the first thing that entered her mind. The six of them walked to school together, being noticed by the other group as they passed them coming in the gate. Kat looked up to see T.K. and Kari watching her but only walked faster. Then out of the corner of her eye she saw someone she knew and almost yelled. In a pose all his own, with a cigarette in one hand and a come here glance, was Ryder. Ryder the Destroyer he was called in her time, a stupid name but it suited him. His black hair, stone cold gray eyes and narrowed glance at the group, dressed like the rest of them were in the school uniform. His eyes flickered with recognition at the sight of her as she broke out of the group and headed to him. All eyes watched her from the two groups.

"What are you doing here?" she demanded, pulling the cigarette out of his mouth and crushing it with her shoe.

"Careful, little girl. You might be over stepping your bounds."

His mellow low sounding threat didn't scare her in the least. She crossed her arms and looked at him.

"What are you going to do? Kill me right here?"

"Charming thought that," he brushed off an imaginary piece of lint from his arm and suddenly the busy courtyard seemed to be frozen in time minus two certain groups of people, "but unfortunately I didn't come here for you or your friends but for the same ones you're here for."

"I doubt your intentions are the same as mine."

"Nobly giving up your life so that the future will be bright and good, isn't that a little drastic even for a goody-goody like yourself?"

"What would you know about what is good, all you are is a pitiful minion of a woman who doesn't have the guts to do the dirty work herself."

At that, Ryder took a step forward and touched her arm ever so lightly but she felt the dark power in him and the pain that raced through her body at the slight contact. He leaned his head forward, his mouth by her ear.

"And that is just a piece of the world of pain I could put that sweet little body of yours in. Don't mess with the big boys, sweetheart. You are in way over your head."

He moved his hand from her arm and passed by her, getting Go-To-Hell looks from the members of her group.

"Maybe, put whether or not that is any of your business remains to be seen, Ryder."

"Everything is my business, angel cake. Just remember that if you decide to cross over, my services are ready to provide." Ryder told her over his shoulder, the barely hidden innuendo making her sigh in disgust.

The Digi-Destined watched as he smirked at them and vanished into thin air. Movement sounded in the courtyard, as kids were unfrozen from the spell. The original Digi-Destined turned and looked at the girl he had been talking to, although none of them had heard much of what had happened only the last couple comments. She seemed to be clutching her arm, wincing in pain and suddenly was picked up by the tall blond of the group.

"I wish you would think before you do something that rash, he could have killed you right then."

"He's not after us. I'm more afraid that he brought Raven with him."

Morgead paled at her name and tightened his hold on his cousin. Bella came over and lifted back the sleeve, seeing the place Ryder had touched becoming a dark angry shade of purple. Sam shook her head at Kat's arm, which Kat looked down at and gave a halfhearted grin.

"Hey, it could have been worse," Kat finally noticed that their parents were watching them and that the bell to get to class had already rung, "put me down, Morg, I already brought enough attention to myself."

Morgead released her, only to have Derek put a hand on her shoulder and move her in the way of their first period. The rest of them moved to their own individual classes, leaving a still stunned Digi-Destined to move after them.

~

Not even in the deepest part of his imagination could Izzy have thought up a guy like the one they had seen in the courtyard of the school early that morning. His entire presence was dark, as if he was created from darkness itself and with that power he used to make everyone in the courtyard freeze in time was so unreal. Matt, Tai and him had spent the entire after school wondering about the scene from that morning. Each one had tried to talk to a member of the 'New Kid Group' without any luck. Not one of the six had even opened their mouths to say a word to anyone other than each other the entire day. Along with the two guys that seemed to be protecting the girl who had faced off the powerful guy, no one could even get close enough to talk to her. The girls had tried without luck; even the other two girls of the group had refused to talk. The only one that Izzy could think of that would open up to them first was the oldest of the group, the one with the short spiky blue hair that for some reason reminded him of Joe.

Matt had been staring at the book in front of him for the past fifteen minutes, not really looking at it but rather seeing through it. He was thinking about the blond guy of the new kid group and wondered why he felt connected to him; the girl that the guy had picked up he also felt a connection to. It was the strangest feeling, like somehow the connection was there but then again it wasn't. He had never seen any of them before so it was strange that he felt this way. The only person he had a connection to was his younger brother, T.K. He knew that Tai felt the same way about the girl, the one their age with dark hair, as did Sora to the girl. Why these feelings were happening none of them could understand. Even Izzy doesn't understand and that's saying something, Matt thought. Each one of them was drawn to one of the new kids, all except Cody. Matt shook his head to clear his thoughts and re-read the same paragraph in his history book for the fifth time.

Tai was having the same thoughts but was trying to understand why Kari hadn't told him about the dream after she had it. Doesn't she trust me? Is she leaving something out? I could have sworn I saw her and T.K…Nah, she would have told me, Tai thought. He was watching Cody and Joe walking towards the three of them on the park bench table. Cody was the only one that didn't seem to be connected to the situation at all. All of them, even Mimi when she waited for them after school got a vibe from one of the New Kids, only Cody seemed immune. It made the three of them wonder why and Izzy was still working on the problem. Tai had the strangest feeling he knew the girl that was in his, Matt's and Sora's history class but couldn't place her. He also got a strange feeling from the girl that had stood up to the disappearing bully in the yard. He talked to Matt and Izzy about it and Matt had gotten the same feeling about the girl. Somehow she was a major part of the entire situation going on and that was making the three of them think harder.

"Hey, you three working hard?" Cody asked, seeing Matt shrug behind the history book.

"If you call reading the same paragraph on the history of France working."

"Can't keep your mind off what happened this morning?" Joe asked and both Tai and Matt nodded.

"When a person just disappears, after freezing time? Don't think so, Joe." Tai told the eldest of the group.

"And you all said this girl, the one that is in Kari, T.K. and Davis's class stood up to him?"

"Yeah, she kinda reminded me of Kari when she faced Myotismon."

"I got a flash back of T.K. when I saw her do that. She was fearless."

"Sounds like the two of you." Cody thought aloud, sitting next to Izzy.

"Then the guy in your class picked her up? Was she hurt?" Joe asked.

"From where I stood I saw a purple harsh looking bruise on the upper part of her arm where he had touched her briefly. Got to hand it to the girl she acted like it didn't hurt or existed for that matter but all her friends were worried."

"Izzy's right. They were more worried about it then she was, like it was a normal thing to happen."

"Maybe in her world it is," Izzy stated, getting confused looks from the other four, "you have to admit with the obvious knowing of that one guy and how the group is they aren't from around here."

"Like the Digi-World?"

"Maybe another world, a parallel time might be more probable seeing as how they obviously are used to this world but differently."

"Anything else, Mr. Holmes?" Matt asked amused at his friend.

"Hey, you are talking to the genius of the odd." Tai elbowed his best friend.

"Ha, ha. I still think this is the best way to situate the situation. It's extremely prodigious."

"What's good about it?"

"Well, think of how they could of gotten here, what they could know, the technology they could have."

~

From a small distance away two guys sat in a tree listening in on the conversation. The older one cursed inwardly about how the Izzy was just as smart as he always has been told he was. The group had made some big mistakes already, letting them by what he could understand see Ryder and what the engineered human could do. He winced inside at what Kat must be feeling about the touch of Ryder since it was known to kill a person from the inside out if he so desired, just thinking about Ryder made him more determined to find the group and get them back home. He noticed that Chris was watching his own parent intently.

"Like looking into a mirror, isn't it?"

Chris looked at Will and then back at his father.

"I look just like him."

"We need to get to the others before Ryder makes them do something even more rash."

Chris nodded as they got down and made their way in the direction that the light of their own digi-vices seemed to be taking them.

~

Not far away was a battle going on. Two women, the opposite of day to night were fighting out the situation they were both involved in. One had autumn colored hair that looked like a wave of fire that fell down her back with golden red eyes in a metallic jumpsuit that caught all the suns rays and made the outfit a rainbow of color. Her opponent was wearing all black and was amused.

"So the great Guardian of the Destined has finally returned. We must be getting to your pathetic little group of children for them to pull out the big guns. What is this? The third time we've met and you have yet to defeat me?"

"You know, Raven, for all those wonderful words of wisdom you still haven't the faintest clue why I keep coming around, do you?"

"Frankly, my dear Autumn, I don't really care. I want you and your brats gone from this world and the next, understand?"

Autumn glared at her and suddenly a bolt of black lightening hit her, knocking her backwards as twice more bolts hit her body. She used her Spinning Fire attack and the other woman absorbed it.

"Say hello to the Original Digi-Destined, will you?"

She moved in to finish Autumn off when a golden light blinded her. She backed off and watched as Autumn fell to the ground resting in the middle of a busy street.

~

Mimi, Sora, Yolei and Kari were heading to the park when they noticed that a girl was laying on the street right in the center of it where any on-coming car could hit her. High above her was a figure in black sneering down at the fallen girl. Kari looked up to see a girl older than herself, with straight black hair and steel black-blue colored eyes. Her outfit seemed to be made out of different pieces of black cloth that moved on in the wind. The girl on the ground had blood drenching the ground and the four instantly ran to her as the floating girl disappeared. Kari turned the girl over slowly as Yolei ran to get Joe in the park with the other boys. Mimi was holding her head and moved a piece of almost fire-colored hair out of the girl's face. Sora waved a car past to keep them from running her three friends over. Joe and the four boys ran to where they were each getting into protective mode. Joe took out his handy case, but sighed, as he didn't have the right stuff to help the girl. Her clothes were metallic, drenched in blood that was coming from an injury on the inside of her clothes that he couldn't currently get to. He checked for spinal injuries as well as head injuries before nodding that it was safe to pick her up. Izzy came back from going to call an ambulance. None of the kids could understand why they felt they had to help the girl or why it seemed that everything stopped in time so that they could. By the time the ambulance had come, the kids were looking at each other wondering what was going on.

~

As Kat sat on the blankets that acted as her bed, she was going over with Bella what had happened to her when Ryder had touched her all the images that were in her head she suddenly jerked as if she was hit by something and Bella leaned forward to catch her friend. She shouted to the others and Sam touched her cousin's unconscious forehead.

"She's out cold," Sam announced, "what happened?"

"I don't know, one minute we're talking and the next Kat collapses."

"Autumn has been hurt." Came the cold voice from the entrance of the space and all five of them saw the black clad figure of Will, and Chris's concerned green eyes from behind him.

"You saw her?" Morgead asked, as Will came in and Bella shifted so that Will could move Kat into a sleeping position.

"I kept dear old Raven from destroying her right then and there," Will laid Kat down and Chris came over with a hand full of Digi-vices.

"What are those?"

"Why are they giving off light?"

"What a minute," Bella said after Morg and Sam's comments and took one that was purple and the symbol on it looked familiar, "these are our Digi-vices."

All the kids minus Will and Chris gave her looks of disbelief. Derek took one, a silver one that seemed to call for him and put in on his wrist and suddenly a silver light outlined him and he blinked and it was gone.

"What a rush." Derek whispered.

"But we can't have Digi-Vices, only our parents had those and we don't even have Digimon so how can we have Digi-vices? I mean, it's impossible right?" Jake asked the group and turned to look at Will.

"Gennai gave these to me before we left, saying that they can give us the power of the Digimon as long as the Digimon aren't in this world and from what I've seen there not, right?"

All of the kids nodded agreement. Each kid took a Digi-vice, one that seemed to call out to them specifically and placed it on their left wrists. Will took Kat's over to her and laid it in her palm.

"Now the big question is, how did you get here and why is Autumn here?" Sam asked and he explained.

~

At the hospital, the Digi-Destined were waiting on news of the girl. None of them could understand why they felt connected to her but they did. Kari was sitting next to her brother trying to figure out why the girl was so familiar and then it hit her.

"Ohmigod, that's the girl in the dream." Kari said her voice barely above a whisper.

T.K.'s head came up as he heard it, while the rest of the Destined were in states of sleep.

"You mean, it's really her?" T.K. asked, moving off the couch across from her and coming to kneel in front of her.

"It explains it wouldn't it? Why we feel so connected to her and want to help her….I just wish I knew what was going on. Like we're in the middle of a fight we know nothing about and it's starting to get to me."

"I know how you feel."

Kari smiled at her best friend and hoped the girl was okay. They needed answers and she had to be the one who was going to give them.

~

Kat woke up alone in the middle of a darkened room. She used her right hand to touch her forehead and winced as she felt pain. It was worse than the hang over that she and Bella got the day after they had gotten into her uncle's liquor cabinet and tried Whiskey, when your eleven it seemed like a good idea. She closed her palms and realized that her left palm wouldn't close. She blinked to focus her eyes and saw that could only be a Digi-vice for the strangeness of it in her palm. She put the watch looking device on her wrist and a white light surrounded her and suddenly she wasn't there any more.


Kat had to catch herself on the metal bar in front of her to stable herself after the wild ride in white light.

"I have to stop thinking about getting drunk." Kat said aloud trying to figure out what was going on.

She heard sounds, strange ones, ones that she recognized and thought she would never have to experience again. The sounds of carts, the beeping noises of machines, the sounds of troubled breathing. She touched her head and screamed in her mind for it to stop. She didn't want to remember. She didn't want to think about all those times in hospitals when she watched someone she loved laying there and slowly dying when she could do nothing about it.

"Hello, kitten." A saddened voice came from in front of Kat.

Kat looked down and saw her guardian laying the hospital bed. Completely out of place when she looked like this was something to pass the time, being in a hospital bed. Only two people in her entire life had called her kitten and that was first her dad and then the Guardian of the Digital World.

"Autumn."

~

"What do you mean someone is in there with her? I have orders that no one is to visit with her until we could figure out what is going on." Came the stern voice of a doctor that wakens Tai and Matt from sleep.

Both boys saw Kari and T.K. already heading to the room that was obviously being talked about. The one with the girl they found in it. The doctor was in the room already as they passed the window into the room and saw one of the group of New Kids standing next to the red head's bed.

"Young lady, I don't know how you got past security but I want you gone now."

The blond girl saw the four teenagers enter the room behind him and her smile widened. The red head shook her head and waved the doctor away.

"You don't need to be concerned, Doctor. This is my sister."

All five people seemed to be taken back by that declaration. The doctor looked from the honey-blond with blue eyes to the fire red head with gold-red eyes.

"May I ask, Miss…"

"My name is Kat and her's is Autumn. I am sincerely sorry for not getting here earlier I got caught up in something and didn't get word until just a little while that my sister was hurt." Kat told the doctor and Autumn winced as a shot of pain came and Kat touched her arm and it settled.

"Fine. But no more than five minutes with her, understood? I don't need to have her worn out."

"No prob."

The doctor murmured under his breathe about troublesome teenagers and passed the four on his way out.

"She's your sister?" Tai asked the red head, looking from the blond to the red head.

"My sister, yes she is. Come in, Tai."

"How do you…?"

"Matt, Kari, T.K. are you going to stand there? Geez, and I thought that Will had no manners." Autumn stated, looking at Kat.

"Will had manners, when he wants."

"Autumn," Tai started slowly, "what is going on? I don't want to hear the same story you gave the doctor. My sister and the girls saw a woman in black attack you from the air and that isn't normal."

"Raven? Raven hurt you? Damnit!! I told Morg he needed to stop her and now she's hurt you," Kat looked at Matt off-handedly, "this is all your fault."

"My fault?"

"Kat," Autumn stressed, "you don't need to be saying that. Nothing more, understood?"

Kat sighed and went to the window, opening it and looking out.

"Who are you? Are you the girl from our dreams?" T.K. asked and that made Kat look.

"You invaded their dreams? You tell me not to say anything and you are Dream Hopping?"

"Calm down, kitten. You are going to blow a brain stem if you keep acting like this."

Matt grinned at the statement cause for some reason Kat reminded him of Tai.

"Fine, I'm going to get the others." Kat said going back to the window.

"Can't. Sorry, kiddo but I need you here with me."

Kat looked at the four teenagers and then at Autumn.

"Why?"

"Cause in three minutes the rest of your group is going to be dead."

Kat widened her eyes before disappearing into a white light.

It left four teenagers looking at Autumn.

"Meet your daughter, Kari and T.K. The trouble of the Future."

~

So what do you think? Should I even bother to continue?
~Fairy Empress~