Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digiball Z TURBO: The Virus, Majjinmon ❯ Off to to Tournament ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
Preparations for the upcoming tournament began. Applications were sent just before the deadline, and so all that remained was our heroes to train and ready themselves for anything.
 
Tai and the others all heard of this tournament and thought they'd all go to watch. They all didn't miss it for a-million dollars each.
 
Finally, the day of the tournament arrived. The Digi Force decided to go with the others on a normal subway to the place where the tournament was being held, instead of just fly there and cause commotion.
 
“Whoa… this place is packed!” Patamon yelped when they had arrived. So many people, and so many different leveled Digimon; it was hard to tell who was there to watch the tournament, and who was there to actually participate in it and win the grand prize of twenty-million yen.
 
The building itself was a huge stadium with a lathe fighters ring in the center. It was very much like the one Davis saw on Dragon-Ball Z.
 
It was also very surprising that a lot of strong Digimon would be competing too, and their prize would be twenty-million Digi-Dollars for the Digital-world.
 
It didn't seem to bother Davis and Veemon that much, “I can sense all their energies…” Davis said, “We haven't even signed in, and already I'm starting to feel disappointed.”
 
“Oh, come on, Davis.” Tai said, “At least you'll know that you'll win for sure. Just think of all that dough…”
 
“Tai… not helping…!” Sora said.
 
Indeed it wasn't. Although he thought the money would be nice, “I came here looking for a challenge, Tai. Not loads of cash for a walk in the park…” replied Davis.
 
Just then, an announcement was made… Will all entries in the tournament, please line up for the entry tests. Humans line up behind the blue line… Digimon take the red line.”
 
“That's us…” Yolei, “Guess it's time…”
 
The six Digimon leapt for joy, except Veemon who was still feeling a bit low, but he was ready “Okay… let'sh do thish!”
 
The Digi Force all nodded, and then grabbed their D3's.
 
All the Digimon Digivolved only to their next levels instead of Sprit-Digivolving They too didn't think it would be fair to their opponents to use their full powers and give their weaker forms some much needed training.
 
Tai and the others all decided to take their seats. “We'll be rooting for you guys all the way.” Mat said. He and Tai then winked cheekily at each other, as if they knew something special that the others didn't…
 
“Good luck guys…” added Mimi.
 
“Right… like we actually need it…” Ex-Veemon muttered under his breath.
 
Angewomon elbowed her boyfriend slightly. “Try and cheer up will you?” she said to him.
 
Ex-Veemon sighed softly, “I'll try…”
 
 
The line up was extremely long and the tests themselves were quite simple…
 
As simple punching-machine would determine who would get to participate in the tournament's twenty-four positions. The twenty-four highest scores would be permitted in.
 
The first of the entries to take a shot was none other than the returning champion of Digimon, “Hey, look… it's Omnimon.” cried Ken.
 
The others all looked, and they could see that it was no ordinary Omnimon. “I'd recognize it anywhere.” Yolei said, “That's Tai and Matt's Omnimon.”
 
The others gasped, and then they watched Omnimon punch the red cushion on the front of the machine with his Wargremon fist. The little box at the top of the machine began to calculate how strong the punch was; 237 points.
 
“Uh-huh…” The judge said as he checked off his list, “And our Champion Omnimon scores 237. A very good score, and difficult to match….”
 
The line moved on with many Digimon taking their shot at the punch-board. Some scored less than a-hundred points, but didn't let it discourage them. Others actually scored closer to two-hundred. Still… Omnimon held the strongest at 237.
 
Finally, Yolei was up, “Uh… hold it.” the judge said, “The blue line is over there, Miss. You can't enter in the Digimon ring.”
 
Some of the other Digimon in the line noticed the other humans standing before them. “These runts don't belong here!”
 
“Throw them out!”
 
Just then, one of the headmen of the tournament inspected the commotion. “Now, now… everyone please quiet down.” he said, and then he tried to convince the humans to step out of the line. “No way…! We came here to try, and that's what we're going to do.” Yolei protested.
 
The headman decided to make a deal. “If you can pass the punch-test… then I suppose I can let you in, but realize that we are not responsible if you get hurt.”
 
“Whatever…” Yolei simply said, but all the others still in line continued to laugh at her and mocked her. “What'cha gonna do… give it a girly swing?”
 
Yolei simply raised her hand, and punched the cushion without much force. The machine calculated her results; 774.
 
“Seven-hundred Seventy-four?!” the judge cried in shock. A lot of the contests began to whimper, and some didn't believe their eyes. Even the headman couldn't understand it. “Try setting the machine to a tougher level.” he whispered to the judge.
 
The machine was set to a tougher level, and Yolei was asked to try again. She did… and punched the machine without much effort again, and her results were… “Uh…aye…? Three-hundred and three…?”
 
All the other entries just stood where they were and gazed in shock as all the other humans took their turns.
 
TK went up… “Er… Two-hundred ninety-two?” said the Judge.
 
Kari's turn… “…Two-hundred eighty-six…?”
 
Ken… “… Three-hundred…?”
 
Cody… “Whaa…?! Four-hundred and ten…?!”
 
That was it… they couldn't take much more of this. Already five contents had out-bested Omnimon's score, and they were just mere humans. The judge and the headman tried to cheat some more by brining out the super-duper punch-machine; one so thick and solid that even a cannon-ball fired from a bazooka couldn't hurt it.
 
“All right… next contest please…” the judge called. That was Davis, and all he did was give a simple punch, and the machine was completely busted when to flew right back into the brick-walls. “How pathetic…!” Davis grumbled.
 
Nevertheless… he got in, and so did the others and their Digimon. That made twelve contestants… including Omnimon... only now, most of the contestants still in line began to cower and run for the hills already realizing they wouldn't stand a chance against these guys.
 
Still… a few others did try the machine, and that's when the others began to feel something strange. Three strange looking Digimon each with power-levels amazingly high made it through… yet the Digi force and their Digimon were starting to think some weird things about those guys.