Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digiball Z TURBO: The Virus, Majjinmon ❯ Trouble from go ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
Once all the contestants were determined, it was time for the matches to begin, and surprisingly, the rules to the tournament were the same as they were on Dragon Ball Z.
 
-There were no acceptations to who faced whom, despite size, power-lever, or species. Once the pair-ups were made, they were to stay that way.
 
-There only three ways to lose a match; Surrender… fall outside of the ring… or lose consciousness. “Killing your opponent is strictly forbidden, and anyone who does so shall be immediately disqualified.”
 
-This was a martial arts tournament, meaning you supposed to depend on your own skills. All hand-held weapons were forbidden to be used during a match… unless of course those weapons were natural recurring parts of the body.
 
Sadly… this meant that Angemon had to leave his Angel-Staff out of the picture as it was a hand-held weapon. “At least I can still use my Hand of Faith.”
 
 
The crowd was going wild as the host of the event marched out there to greet everyone. “Hello and welcome to the annual Martial-arts Tournament, of Digimon fighters.” He called out, “We had quite a competition last year, and we hope to have a more exiting one this year, so without further ado… let the matches begin!”
 
Everyone cheered wildly with excitement. “The first challenge begins now… Shogungekkoumon VS… Iori HIda.”
 
“Good luck Cody…” Yolei wished him.
 
“You go, boy…” added Anyklomon.
 
Cody nodded in thanks to al his friends as he left the rest-room and headed outside where many of the fans were shocked to see a young teenage boy, almost abnormally short for a kid his age, step into the ring.
 
Followed by a gigantic Shogungekkoumon, who was obviously not the one he knew from the Gekkou village as he was being quite rude. “Wha-- Hey… where's my opponent?” he asked gruffly.
 
“Down here…!” Cody called up.
 
Shogungekkoumon looked down at the small human looking up at him. “You have got to be kidding me…!” he chuckled, “You're my opponent? I could eat you for an afternoon snack on a cracker.”
 
“That's just what you think big-boy!” Cody thought sneakily to himself.
 
The match was on, and Shogungekkoumon charged right for Cody. He jumped up high ready to crash down upon him, “Pancake-Time…!” but before he came down at the last second, Cody zipped right behind him. “Huh…? Where'd he go?”
 
“Right here…” Cody answered from behind before getting WHACKED in the back hard by Cody's feet. “BLAH…!! AA-AA--oooh!” The huge Digimon toppled over like a tree falling in the woods…
 
SPLAT…!! The crash caused a small Earthquake, but the crowd was too surprised by Cody actually doing that to such a huge Digimon, but Tai and company were cheering him on all the way.
 
Shogungekkoumon got to his huge feet, and tried to charge at Cody again, but the young boy with Saiyan powers skidded right underneath the giant, and lifted him up in air, juggling him with his feet.
 
“Hey… what's the-- whoo-whoaaaaa…!”
 
The crowd's eyes nearly leapt out from their eyes at what was happening, and before they knew it, Cody had tossed Shogungekkoumon out of the ring, and was declared the winner of the first match… much to even the host's amazement.
 
Cody went back to the rest room where the others gave him their congratulations, and among them was Tai and Matt's Omnimon. “For a little guy… you sure pack quite a punch.” he said.
 
Cody smiled, and when the others asked what Omnimon was doing in the tournament, he explained that Tai and Matt had been entering them in the tournament for a while now. It helped them get back into the fighting ring, and help them still feel strong even though they weren't like the others with super powers.
 
“Whoops… I'm on next… gotta go.”
 
The others wished him luck, but little did they know how much he would actually need it, because his opponent was one of the three strange Digimon the others had been worrying about…. The ones with the high power levels…
 
“Who are you supposed to be…?” Omnimon asked.
 
The large pink, demon Digimon smirked wickedly. “The name's Daburamon…” he said, “And I'll only tell you this much… I'm not here to win any prize...”
 
Davis… who was looking straight at Daburamon sensed some nasty things about that guy.
 
The bell sounded, and the match was on. Omnimon lunged at Daburamon, “Go get him…!” called Matt, “Kick his can!” added Tai.
 
Omnimon roared loudly as he aimed a powerful punch at Daburamon, but Daburamon simply blocked it with just one little finger. “Huh…?”
 
The crowd and the contestants back in the rest room gasped in shock, while Daburamon simply sniggered, “Hmm, mm, mm… surprised? Did you think you were only one to possess strong abilities?”
 
He then suddenly grabbed onto Omnimon's fist hard, and suddenly, Omnimon began to feel weak. “Hey…!” Matt called, “What does think he's doing…?”
 
Kari gasped, “Guys, you feel that…?” she asked.
 
The others nodded, “Omnimon's energy is being drained!” cried TK.
 
Sadly, there was nothing anyone could do to stop them, because the match was still on, and no one was permitted to enter the ring. Finally, Omnimon was brought to his knees. He was weak, but not beaten yet. “Ugh… who… what are you? he asked.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… wouldn't you like to know…?” Daburamon sniggered, and that's when he gave Omnimon a huge KAPOW with his fist sending towards the edge of the ring. “That's it… no more Mr. Nice-mon… TRANCENDENT-SWORD!”
 
Since it was not a hand-held weapon, but really attached to hi body, Omnimon was permitted to use it, but when he charged at Daburamon…
 
“DARKNESS BLADE!”
 
CLANG!
 
He had whipped out a weapon of his own, and blocked the sword from hitting him. The crowd booed and hissed, and the referees notice that it was a hand-held weapon. “Daburamon… you are hereby disqualified!” the host shouted.
 
Daburamon scowled gruffly, but he didn't seem to mind as much. “Already I have gathered part of what I came for. Now let's see my followers get the rest.” he hissed.
 
Omnimon was most confused, but nevertheless he was declared the winner by default, yet he didn't really feel much like jumping for joy as something about that Digimon had him rattled.
 
As Daubramon passed by the others in the rest room the others felt the same thing. Who was that Digimon… and what was it that he and his colleagues after?
 
Just then, the next round was about to start, “Takeru Takashi VS Spopomon… Are you ready…?
 
TK smirked with confidence as he stepped out onto the ring, and that's when one of the other strange Digimon stepped out onto the ring. Spopomon was a tall… and considerable large Digimon. Just his smallest muscles alone were no smaller than the size of basket balls.
 
“Who is this guy…?” TK wondered as he sensed his power levels, “Whoever he is, he sure seems tough… but how tough?”
 
Spopomon looked down at TK, but didn't say a word at all.
 
“You can beat him TK…” Matt called from the crowds.
 
“Go TK…” added Sora.
 
The host raised his hand and shouted, “Begin the match!”
 
TK charged right for Spopmon, “Here I come…!” he thundered as he readied his fists. “HAAAA…YAH!”
 
BOOM!
 
Spopomon finally raised his fists to block TK, much to his surprise. “For a human, you posses great amounts of power.” he finally said.
 
TK looked confused for a moment, but then tried to punch again only to have Spopomon block him again, and again… TK went wild throwing punches and kicks, but not a single of them landed as Spopomon was able to block every single one of them.
 
Worse than that, he even managed to grab both of TK's arms with just one of his own huge fists, and hold him up off the ground. “I hate to tell you this, human… but you seem to be all tied up while I still have another free arm.”
 
“Ah…!”
 
BAM! TK got it right in the face sending him soaring, and thumbing straight for the crowds. A lot of the people quickly ducked or moved out of the way thinking the match was over already, but to their surprise TK stopped himself in midair, and flew back towards the ring, “I'm not out of this yet. Not by a long shot.” he said.
 
“Way to go, TK…” Angemon cheered from the rest room.
 
“Yeah… give it to him…” added Kari.
 
Spopomon smiled wickedly, “Isn't that nice… you have yourself there a gaggle of cheerleaders.”
 
TK clenched his fists, “I'm warning you… don't toy with me, or you'll regret it just like everyone else did before you.”
 
Spopmon sniggered, “Yes… excellent. You're power is rising. Very interesting.” He said, “I wish to see more of your super-skills. Won't you show me them?”
 
TK was officially out of the loop here, but curious to figure out what Spopomon would gain form all this, he began to power up and his body began as the air around him began to flare.
 
“Yes…” Spopmon cried with glee, “Simply amazing…”
 
TK still didn't understand, “Oh yeah… well lets see if you find this amazing…” he said as he moved into one of his battle poses. Then he started to rush along the ring, “WOLF-FANG-FIST…!”
 
He thrusted his hands right into Spopmon's gut, “Mmm… OOOAAHH!” Spopomon went skidding across the ring. “Heh, heh, heh… excellent.” he muttered softly…
 
Davis suddenly began to sense something surrounding Spopomon, and used his scouter that he had brought along to try and scan it. “What do you see Davis…?” Ex-Veemon asked.
 
Davis wasn't sure, but, “This can't be right…” he said, “All the energy from TK's fist attack is being absorbed into something strange on Spopomon's belt…”
 
The other guys put on their scouters, and could see it all to.
 
TK used his Kamehameha-wave… and even his Spirit-Ball attack, but Spopomon absorbed the energies from all of them with every hit he took.
 
Suddenly, they all heard someone snickering behind them. A Digimon who resembled Spopomon, only smaller walked up towards them. “You all seem curious as to what my partner is up to…”
 
The others all looked at him with strange expressions on their faces. “Who are you?” Ex-Veemon asked, “And what do you and Spopomon want?” added Angewomon
 
The Digimon sniggered, and introduced him self as Spopmon's younger brother, Yamumon, and as for why they and Daburamon were gathering energy, “Can you all keep a secret…? Well, so can I...! Ha, haa, ah, ah, ah…”
 
The others sweat dropped in utter disgust, but nevertheless they already began to feel that there was more to this tournament than what met the eyes.
 
 
While out on the ring, TK and Spopomon were growing weary. TK had launched a lot of his energy, and Spopomon took so many of hits just to absorb the power, but still neither one of them was ready to fall over. “Man… this guy's a rock!” growled TK.
 
That's when Spopomon smiled wickedly through his panting. “You have served my objective well, human.” he said to TK. “Now I must take my leave…” and to everyone's greatest shock he purposely leapt out of the ring, and TK was declared the winner of the third match.
 
“Did you guys see that…” Izzy asked.
 
The others all nodded, “It doesn't make any sense…” added Joe, “Why would he just throw the match like that.”
 
TK just stood there in the ring still puzzled by his victory results. He too was now starting to feel like the others did, “What's going on here?”
 
Author's notes:
 
You may have noticed that I put the Dabura, Yamu, and Spopovich characters WAY OOC. Well I did it for a reason…
 
That was DRAGON BALL Z… but this is DIGIBALL Z… my way, my rules.
 
I actually have different plans for them, much different than the way they acted before. You're all in for quite a shock… heh, heh, heh.