Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digiball Z TURBO: The Virus, Majjinmon ❯ Weak but persistant ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
So far, three tournament rounds had been completed, and the next few rounds when by quickly. Angewomon and Angemon managed to win their fights without much effort, only because their opponents were whimpy Digimon. Even though they were all Megas, they were no match for the super powers the Digi-Force Digimon had.
 
However, during each battle the other three strange Digimon. Daburamon, Spopomon, and Yamumon were just sitting in the rest room and snickering every moment or so as they seemed to be gathering more and more energy all the time…
 
Sadly, none of the others knew just what they were up to. Every time they asked, they got no answer. Still, the tournament proceeded, and all though it was anticipated to happen, but some of the friends had to end up battling one another.
 
Ankylomon lost to Stingtmon… but then Stingmon got crushed by Angewomon. Omnimon managed to beat Angewomon, despite her powers against him, and Omnimon lost to Ex-Veemon for his power was actually greater, though the crowds couldn't figure out how and why.
 
As for the humans; Kari lost to TK, who lost to Yolei, who lost to Davis, and still Davis wasn't starting to feel any more challenged. This made Yolei feel a little insulted. “Are you calling me weak?” she snapped.
 
“Of course not, for a girl who acts like an Android…what a heavy weight champ.” answered Davis, but then he found himself running for dear life from a raging Yolei. “Oh… Now he's calling me fat!”
 
The others knew they had to break up the fight, but it was just to entertaining to resist watching. Still… fifteen contestants out of the twenty-four had been eliminated leaving only nine battles or so left.
 
Ken's match was up next. “And now… the 11th match begins. Ken Ichijouchi… VS… Yamumon! Are you ready…?”
 
Yolei pecked her boyfriend on the cheek to wish him luck, and Hornetmon gave him a high-five as he walked out of the rest room right towards the ring.
 
Yamumon was already there waiting for him. He Dabura, and Spopomon all seemed t be sharing the same wicked grin. “You…” Yamumon said to Ken. “You posses amazing powers too, formerly evil now clouded by good? Yes… You'll provide us with the lasts of what we need.”
 
Ken just huffed and put up his dukes. “Listen… I don't know what your angle is, but just know this… I'm going to kick you clean out of this ring.”
 
Yamumon simply snickered, as he posed himself ready to attack, and the match began. Ken lunged straight for Yamumon but he quickly dodged and zipped to another area of the ring.
 
Ken quickly turned round to go for him again only to repeat the same thing over again. Charge, dodge, miss, and turn.
 
Even when that rotation finally came to a stop, Ken and Yamumon were then engaged in a dragon-rush; their fists and feet flying all over at such speed, parrying the opponent's attacks out of the way. So far… he and Ken seemed to be equally fit as neither one of them could seem to land a hit, or even get an opening.
 
“Whoa… just look at that guy go…” cried Hornetmon.
 
“He's moving a lot faster than Spopomon did when I fought him.” TK said.
 
The others began to figure that even though the two looked alike, it seemed that Spopomon was more on the power-side of their force, while Yamumon was the speedy type…
 
The way he was able to dodge Ken coming at him, and the way he was able to keep up with him in that Dragon-Rush… “These guys are really starting to make my brain hurt.” said Davis.
 
Still, as the battle continued, Yamumon, like his other comrades, was gathering energy from the force of his opponent, but still they didn't know why.
 
Ken however wasn't willing to give up, so he had an idea. “Maybe he's fast, but is he that smart.”
 
Before Yamumon knew it, his punches were starting to go right through Ken's body, as if he was made of the ordinary air around him. “Ah…? What's this?”
 
“DESTRUCTIVE-WAVE…!”
 
KAPOW! Yamumon was hit hard from behind, and knocked off his feet. “I just love the After-Image trick.”
 
Yamumon got to his feet slowly, “I still haven't enough energy… I must continue for a little longer.” he thought to himself, and the battle resumed.
 
Yamumon engaged another Dragon-Rush with Ken, only this time, using his energy up in that last attack Ken was feeling a little light, Ken was barely able to keep up this time and got hit… a lot!
 
Even go SMASHED hard right across the ring and almost fell out!
 
Yolei and Hornetmon were barley able to keep on watching form the rest-room.
 
The crowd was going wild with all tension and excitement in this intense match. Some even started taking last minute bets with each other for who would win. “My money's on that dark-harried dude.”
 
After many more speed moves, power-blasts and dodging… Both Ken and Yamumon looked ready to drop. Ken shakily raised his hand, “Got to… win… match!” he groaned as he tried to power up fro one final attack, but he collapsed right along with Yamumon in the center of the ring.
 
“No, Ken…!” cried Yolei.
 
“Yamumon…! Get on your feet!” Daburamon yelled.
 
Neither of the two fighters moved, and the host did the count, and they still didn't move even at “Ten…” and it was declared a double knock-out. The crowd booed and roared in disgust… but that was mostly because the gamblers lost their bets both ways.
 
Just then, Spopomon and Daburamon entered the ring. “Hey… you two can't come out here.” The host growled, Daburamon shot a small blast of energy that grazed the man's shoulder, and the shot did however make it to the back wall and blow half of it to smithereens scarring the crowds. “Be silent, human!” he snarled, “This does not concern you…”
 
Spopomon nodded, and then went over to pick up his fallen brother. He was also happy to see that Yamumon's energy-gauge on his belt was at maximum capacity. “We have what we came for… now we shall leave?” he asked.
 
Daburamon nodded, “We shall. Come, we have little time.” He said and he took off into the air followed by Spopomon who carried his unconscious brother on his back and over his shoulder.
 
“Hey, wait a minute… where do you think you're going?” the host called, but the three Digimon were already far away from the stadium.
 
The others saw them leave from the rest room, “I say we follow them…” Davis said, “We've got to find out what they want with all that energy.”
 
The others agreed, except Yolei, and Hornetmon who preferred to stay behind until Ken was okay. “Well… if you're staying… I guess I will too.” said Aquilamon.
 
Kari and Angewomon decided to stay too in case they would need extra protection. “Okay then…” Davis said, “We'll go.”
 
The others nodded, and bid goodbye to their friends and special ones. Angewomon hugged Ex-Veemon, “You be careful out there…” she said to her boyfriend.
 
Kari said to Davis the same thing, “Don't worry… we'll be okay.” Davis said, “Let's go guys.”
 
TK and Cody nodded at each other, and DNA-Digivolved Anyklomon and Angemon to Shakkoumon n so as he could fly with the rest of them, and they were off…
 
 
Daburamon and his men had just shot out of range from the stadium, when suddenly Daburamon could feel strong energies, and power following them. “Stop right here…” he told Spopomon, “It seems we have little persistent ones on our tail.”
 
The boys finally caught up to the Digimon. “All right pal… end of the line for you.” Davis snapped. “Where do you think you're all going… and with all that energy?” added Ex-Veemon.
 
Daburamon laughed wickedly, “You wish to know the truth?” he chuckled, “Well I'm sorry to say this, but it does not concern you… any of you for that matter.”
 
TK snuffed, “You think so…” he snapped, “You've been absorbing our energies for some reason, and we want to know why… even if we have to beat it out of you every step of the way.”
 
“Oh… you wish to do battle?” Daburamon mocked him, “Well… I commend you all for your efforts, but do you really think you can defeat me. Seeing as how we are no longer under the restriction of the martial arts tournament rules, using my full power should be quite the treat.”
 
“That's enough!” Shakkoumon snapped “We'll learn the truth one way or the other… but if you want a fight… YOU GOT IT!”
 
“YEAH…!” the others all agreed.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… it's your choice, not mine.” Daburamon mocked, “DARKNESS SWORD…!” He made his weapon appear, and lunged for the boys.
 
“SCATTER…!” cried Davis, and they all sprinted off in different directions as Daburamon rushed in. One by one they each tried to lunge for him, but As Daburamon had stated… “We are no longer under the restriction of the martial arts tournament rules which meant he could be as merciless as he wanted to be.
 
ZAP… TK got slammed hard, right into Shakkoumon, sending them both down.
 
Cody tried firing multiple Ki-shots at once, but Daburamon just whirled his sword round and round like a windmill deflecting every shot.
 
“Okay… my turn!” shouted Ex-Veemon, “V-LASER! and his attack was strong enough to actually hit Daburamon full force and give him some damage. “Mmm! The force is strong within you…” he hissed, “But not strong enough… DARKNESS-SPEAR…!”
 
The others watched in shock as Daburamon created another dark weapon out of thin air just like that. “What's the matter...? Afraid to fight now are we?”
 
Cody and Davis gazed at each other, “You thinking what I'm thinking…?” Davis asked.
 
“Yeah…” said Cody, and they both powered up into their Super-Saiyan forms. “You're not the only one with tricks up your sleeve.” replied Davis.
 
Daburmon was impressed, but not at all frightened.
 
The battle continued, and Davis and Cody had managed to damage Daburamon a little more, but strangely they both felt themselves starting to feel weak and lose power, and barley able to hold their Super-Saiyan forms up.
 
“What's going on…?” Davis snapped when his golden hair changed back to brown.
 
Cody thought it over, and realized that they were tired from battling in the tournament, and having some of their energies taken away. “We won't be able to hold up much longer like this.” Ex-Veemon called…
 
“Hmm! Indeed you won't!” hissed Daburamon, “RRRAAAH… DARKNESS SWARM!” and his weapons fired two huge dark balls straight at the boys which they weren't able to evade in time.
 
Davis and Cody got smashed, and then TK, Ex-Veemon… even Shakoumon, and he wasn't able to absorb energy that powerful! The boys weren't hurt too badly, but they were awfully weak, and their Digimon had changed back to their rookie levels.
 
“Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah… that was invigorating.” Daburamon laughed as he put away his weapons. “Be warned small fools… if you ever come across our plans once more, I won't be as merciful as I was THIS TIME.”
 
“Come Spopomon… we must be off.”
 
Spopomon nodded, and flew off with his comrades out of sight.
 
The boys managed to get to their feet, and Davis was really looking pissed, “Man… I hate it when this happens.” he growled, “And just when I was getting warmed up…”
 
The others looked in dismay at the fact it was obviously Davis' ego talking. “We better get back…” TK suggested, “The others need to know about this. We may even have to talk to Gennai too…”
 
The others agreed, and still having the energy to fly… off they went carrying their Digimon in their arms.
 
Author's notes:
 
Wow… only 4 chps and I'm already feeling bored…
 
I knew this wasn't going to be easy, but I can do it, and like I said to all of you DON'T jump to conclusions about Daburamon, Spopomon, and Yamumon… or about the other new characters you'll soon meet.
 
What they do in this fic will become clear soon enough…