Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digiball Z TURBO: The Virus, Majjinmon ❯ Explainations, and lots of them ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
Davis opened his eyes, and thought, “Where am I…? Have I died and gone to heaven?
 
“Wait a minute…! In heaven I'm supposed to feel like a-million bucks… but I feel like a Thanksgiving Turkey with the Christmas stuffing beat out of me. Oh well, at least I know I'm alive…”
 
It took him a while to come to his senses, and he could suddenly feel himself breathing in fresh-oxygen… and a strange feeling against his face. He looked up and saw his older sister, Jun… once a ditzy girl, now grown-up and a fine Doctor, just like Joe… holding a breathing mask over his face. “Uh… Jun…?” he said weakly.
 
“Shh… its okay bro…” the young doctor whispered, “Just relax… and breathe…”
 
Davis breathed softly as he finished waking up. After a while he and the others realized that they were all safe and sound in Young-Gennai's floating palace, high in the sky with the other Digi-destined…
 
As soon as Davis finished waking up, Jun tended to his wounds… Which Davis still found hard to believe as she sometimes used to cause him great wounds back when they argued. “How's your arm Davish…?” Veemon asked.
 
Davis flexed his left arm a little, “I think its okay…” he said. “But man… that ugly creep pounded us up like putty.”
 
“Tell me about it…” cried Hawkmon, “I never have lost so many of my feathers before.”
 
All the fighters looked as though they were going to be okay… well, at least physically. Wormon hadn't eaten a thing since he'd woken-up. He just didn't have the heart anymore now hat Ken was gone… and Yolei… well… she was sitting on the edge of the palace, with her head hanging low and sobbing like no tomorrow muttering Ken's name over and over again.
 
“Yolei…” Kari said to her, but Yolei just continued to cry.
 
“Poor Yolei…” Agumon said with a small sniffle. “It pains me to see her so heartbroken…”
 
Everyone all felt pity and sorry for Yolei's loss, feeling a little upset themselves over Ken's death. “Hey… look at it this way…” TK said, “At least we can wish him back with the Digiballs…”
 
Yolei knew he was right, but still… it didn't make her feel any better. She wasn't just crying over her sadness, she was angered by that Digimon and what he did. “Ken was only trying to protect me… and he--”
 
The others all sighed, “Who was that creature anyways?” Tai asked.
 
“Yeah… and what I'd like to know is… how we got way up here?” Cody wondered.
 
“I believe I can answer that for you…” said a voice, with a deep Japanese accent. Everyone looked towards Gennai's bed-chamber door and they saw him, and that elderly Digimon, Babadimon. Yamumon and Spopomon were there too.
 
They had made a nice hot lunch for everyone, and that's where Babadimon began to explain everything… “You and Gennai are old friends?” Gatomon asked.
 
Gennai nodded his head, “I first met Babadmimon in his youth when I first became eternally trapped in the Digital world.” he explained, “He was a very wise teacher who helped me cope with my troubles, and accept my eternal connection to the Digital-world.”
 
Babadimon nodded, “For many generations… we wizard Digimon only lived on the purpose of helping others in need, and punishing those with dark hearts and ambitions.”
 
The others found that to be nothing short of amazing, “So then… what was with that Digimon?” Patamon asked.
 
Babadimon shut his eyes for a moment, “He is a very wicked Omen, and he goes by the name of Majjinmon.”
 
He went on explaining that this Digimon was a virus type; much like a germ or a parasite. He had the power to shrink down to a microscopic size, and enter bodies where he would cause dreadful illness, and kill a creature form within.
 
He was reputed to be the rarest and most fatal diseased creature in all the history if sicknesses, which made it quite thankful that he was the only one of his kind, but he was still a very dangerous threat.
 
Jun and Joe shuttered in fear, “And I thought we heard of everything.” Joe whispered to her, doctor to doctor.
 
Babadimon then went on to explain that in a normal size, Majjimon's powers were even worse. His pink body was stretchy, and bouncy like rubber. He could stretch his body to all directions at once, and many attacks would not cause him much damage.
 
He also has fast regenerating molecules in his Digital-DNA, which allowed him to heal faster than… well… anything.
 
Easily, his most fearsome power was his ability to transform and living creature into sugary-treats which he would then consume killing the creature, but also able to absorb any powers that creature had possessed.
 
“Hey… that sounds familiar.” Davis said. He remembered a Dragon-Ball Z villain called, Majjin-Buu… who in every detail matched Majjinmon himself. The Z-fighters barely stood a chance against him as he just kept growing stronger every time he absorbed more fighters.
 
“Man… that's just great!” TK sighed. “But wait… why was he making you sick?” he asked to Babadimon.
 
“And why have we never heard of this before until just recently?” added Gatomon.
 
Babadimon explained that many years ago, he was not strong enough to actually defeat Majjinmon, but conquer him instead. Majjinmon was locked away in one of Babadimon's jars that was sealed with many charms, and well guarded for all those years.
 
“But I had always feared that one day, he would escape… and live again to finish what he had started. For as I grew older, my magic began to weaken, and my spells were no longer as powerful.”
 
He went on saying that Majjinmon had escaped, and infected his body with such illness, that he wasn't able to fight him off; not with his power so weak from centuries of aging.
 
“So you sent your students out to gather strong energy, like ours, to help you gain your strength back?” Cody asked.
 
Babadimon nodded, “Yes… and I owe many a great thanks to you all.” He said kindly to them, “But now… as you are aware, Majjinmon has returned, more powerful than ever. If I had not reacted quickly, and teleported you all here to this safe haven, I fear you all would have been lost by now.”
 
This was all almost too amazing to even believe, but reminded that Ken was now one of the poor victims of that creature, “Well… what can we do?” asked Armadillamon. “How can we get at this guy?”
 
“I couldn't even beat him as Super-Saiyan 2.” added Davis. “And all our most powerful attacks did almost nothing to him.”
 
“There just might be only one way…” Babadimon said, “But I fear it will disturb you all immensely.”
 
“We want to know…” Gatomon said. Once everyone had agreed with her, Babadimon began to explain about an old fighting method he had heard stories of, and never thought it true, until it was tested…
 
“Tell me… do you all see the earrings that I wear? They are known as, the Potara-Earings; gifted with an extraordinary power. The power… of fusion...”
 
“FUSION…?” the others all exclaimed.
 
Babadimon nodded, and that's when Davis realized that he had seen earrings like that before on Dragon-Ball Z. “When one person wears one earring… who puts on the other one, the two creatures would instantly fuse together into one body, and any strengths that they had would increase dramatically.
 
“Master… can such a power truly exist?” asked Spopomon.
 
Babadimon nodded, “If you and Yamumon would care to try it…? I will show you how it works. For only creatures of the same type may use this technique, otherwise, the magic cannot be completed.”
 
The two brothers gazed at each other and then decided. “If it will increase our abilities and power…”
 
“We will try it…”
 
Babadimon nodded, and held out his earrings to his students. As soon as the brothers placed the earrings on their respective ears, “Nothing's happening…” said Sora.
 
“Wait…!” cried Izzy, “Look at the earrings…”
 
They were glowing with a golden light, and suddenly, the two brothers were lifted into the air by cosmic forces, they spun round, and around like being swept up in a tornado. Then they collided into each other followed by a bright flash.
 
When everyone opened their eyes again, “Whoa…”
 
“Look at that…!”
 
The two brothers were gone, and in their place to stood a tall and handsome Digimon with a buffed body, and smooth looks stood in their place. The girls couldn't help but drool; even Kari, Yolei, and Gatomon's eyes twinkle…
 
Davis and Veemon sighed annoyingly.
 
This new Digimon, whom was now named Yamopomon, gazed at his new body all over. “Gadzooks…!” he cried in his different voice, “This is incredible… only, how do I ever defuse?”
 
Babadimon told them that as long as the earrings they wore were never destroyed, the fusion would always remain; even if the earrings were to be taken off… which was ironically different from the Dragon-Ball Z versions “Once fused, always fused.”
 
“But unfortunately… those Potara-Earrings are as old as I am, and do not possess the necessary power that we seek to help us fight against Majjinmon.”
 
“Then where can we get a pair of newly made ones?” asked Matt.
 
Babadimon knew that question was going to be asked, and no matter how well he tried to sugarcoat it, the full and awful truth needed to be told. “These items are only found in one place… In the Digital Afterlife…”
 
Digital Afterlife…? Everyone began to realize that it was obvious that even some Digimon went to another world when they were completely destroyed, and no way to be reconfigured without a wish on the Digiballs.
 
“This dimension is ruled by my twin-sister… and sorcerers Digimon know as, Babamon. She is the maker of the Potara earrings, and it is she alone who has them in her possession.”
 
This began to bring hope back to everyone's eyes, “But wait…” Gabbumon asked, “If this is all true, then the only way to get to this Babamon is for one of us to die, and never return.”
 
Everyone exchanged hard looks realizing that he was right, and they immediately began to trying to come up with other solutions as how to obtain the Potara-Earrings. Some of them suggested that they make a wish on the Digiballs, but that idea was immediately dismissed by both Gennai and Izzy.
 
“I'm afraid I know very little about these earrings myself.” Gennai told them, “And I'm afraid that Shenmon would not be able to conjure up any until they are fully understood.”
 
“Besides…” Izzy cut in, “We really should save our three wishes for other things we may need during this struggle; like reviving those from the dead, or restoring places that may get destroyed.”
 
Everyone knew he they were both right, “Then what can we do…?” asked Patamon, “Just let some virus Digimon go about until the whole Digital-World is destroyed?”
 
“No… there's got to be another way…” added Kari.
 
Babadimon thought of one way, “But I am unsure that it is safe to try, and even if it is successful, the risks are simply far too great.”
 
“Taking risks never stopped us before…” Davis said, “What is it…?”
 
Babadimon explained that he would be able to make psychic contact with his sister, even though she was in another dimension, and perhaps she would be able to use an old spell of hers that would allow one creature entry into the Digital-Afterlife for a certain period of time.
 
“The trouble is... if this works; whoever it is that goes in, if they do not return within the time limit, they might never return at all.”
 
Everyone gasped hard, this was serious indeed. “I don't think we have much of a choice…” Joe said.
 
“It's the only best thing we have so far…” Tentomon added.
 
“Are you certain you wish to do this…?” Babadimon asked.
 
In all their lives… nobody on either Davis, or Tai's team was ever surer than they had ever been before... and so, it was all settled.
 
Author's notes:
 
For those of you who may criticize me about Majjimon and his basic design and powers…
 
Remember… Digimon come in all shapes and sizes and have their own powers of like which we cannot hope to understand. It only makes sense that what I'm doing is not totally farfetched.