Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digiball Z TURBO: The Virus, Majjinmon ❯ Good luck Davis ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
Babadimon was given a quiet place to meditate and focus in order to make contact with the Digital-Afterlife, and while he did, the others were all in discussing about who was going to go there and try and get the Potara-Earrings…
 
“I shay Davish should go…” Veemon said, and others began to agree at once.
 
“Yeah… I guess I should go.” Davis agreed. Being the most powerful fighter on the Digi-Force he was the only one likely to enter the Digital-Afterlife, and brave anything that would await him.
 
As for the others… they talked it over some more, and decided they would all train some more, and try too come up with other ideas to beat Majjinmon in case Davis would fail. Of course, everyone was confident that he would succeed… still…
 
“There is an old saying…” Babadimon had told them earlier,
 
Ye, who are over confident, may believe the impossible is true…
…but words do not speak like actions do.”
 
Even Davis had to face the facts too as he and Kari were spending a few moments alone. “Well Kari… you know if don't make it back. I want you guys to stay strong and keep fighting.”
 
His girlfriend nodded sadly, “But Davis… I know you won't fail.” she said to him. “Just look at how far we've all come…”
 
She was referring to all the times before the Digi-Force when the others wanted to quit, and Davis and Veemon just kept going. True the others did their fair share, but Davis and Veemon helped out in places that involved all of them being destroyed were it not for them.
 
Like When Ken was still evil and lost control of Kimeramon. They just kept right on going while the others were already trying to retreat. With Wormon's help, the removed the power source, crashed Ken's base, and made short work of Kimeramon.
 
Davis was the first willing to forgive Ken for his wicked ways, and give him a place on the team which led to the DNA Digivolution being unlocked so that it could be used again, and again.
 
Even with Maylo-Myotismon… he and Veemon were the only ones unaffected by the brainwave-illusions. If they weren't, everyone would've been doomed long ago.
 
“Okay Kari… I get the point… so I'm great and all.” Davis cut in.
 
“And…” His girlfriend replied.
 
Davis sighed, “Okay… you win, I won't think negatively. I've never failed before when it matters this much, and I'm not about to start. You happy now…?”
 
Kari pecked him on the cheek, “What do you think…?”
 
Davis blushed and then fainted in happy-daze. “Davis…?”
 
 
Babadimon was still mediating in Gennai's bed-chamber, and the others hadn't a clue if he was okay inside. “It's awfully quiet in there.” Armadillamon whispered.
 
“Do you think he's made contact with his sister yet?” asked TK.
 
“Give him time…” said Gennai, “I'm certain that he will be finished before you know it. In the meantime you must all continue to discuss alternate plans on what to do about Majjinmon.”
 
The others knew he was right, but no sooner had they begun to walk away from the door did Babadimon come out. “Everything is settled…” he said, “Babamon has agreed to allow Daisuke to go back with her to the Digital-Afterlife.”
 
“That's wonderful…” Gennai said, and that's when then whole palace was suddenly bathed in a huge glow of light that was beaming down from the skies. “Hey… what's with that light?” Tai complained as he and the others shielded their eyes.
 
“Wait, look up there…!” said Palemon.
 
Everyone looked up and saw a small plump witch riding on a huge crystal-ball slowly coming towards them from above. “Who's that…?” Mimi asked.
 
Babadimon smiled, “That is my sister…” he said, “That is Babamon.”
 
As Babamon got closer and closer, the others got a good look at her and Babadimon. They didn't seem to look a thing like one another. Babamon was a human-shape, while Babadimon resembled an ancient lizard-like creature.
 
Then again, they all kept in mind that Digimon came in many types with many surprises…
 
The plump little witch finally reached the palace floor. “You-hoo… brother of mine!” she called. Babadimon came out and bowed to his sister in greeting. “It has been many a great deal of years, Babamon.” he said, “We are grateful towards you're agreeing to help us.”
 
“Yeah, yeah, yeah-- whatever…” Babamon said rudely, “You just remember you're end of the bargain…!”
 
Everyone gawked at Babadimon, “Bargain…?” Yolei asked.
 
Babadimon hated it when this happened, but like most siblings, asking his sister for a favor didn't come cheap. “I promised to clean up her bedroom for a week…” he grumbled.
 
The others all held in a small laugh, “Just like siblings…” some of them thought. “Well come on! Who's coming, and let's get a move on here!” Babamon snapped.
 
Davis stepped forward, “I'm ready…” he said.
 
“Huh…?” Babamon was most confused, “Wait a minute! HOLD IT…! You're a human. Sorry, Mac… don't deal with humans.”
 
“Babamon…!” her brother snapped, “Did you not acknowledge what we discussed? This young man is more than what he seems, as are his friends. It is only logical that we send him back with you.”
 
Babamon grunted, “Mmm… if I had a Digi-Dollar for every time you give me one of those patronizing words, I… well I… I'd need to count it up, but I'd have a lot of money.”
 
Nevertheless, her brother being just as wise as she was, “Okay… Let's go.” She said, “But I don't want to be hearing about this all over the Digital-World, I'd have people crowding at my door like crazy…”
 
Everyone began to bid goodbye and good luck to Davis. “Okay Veemon… you're in charge while I'm gone.” he said.
 
Veemon saluted to his team captain, “You got it, Davish… I won't let you down.”
 
Jun gave Davis a big goodbye hug, plus a pinch for good luck, and Kari… she and Davis never shared a deeper farewell kiss before in all their dating years. “Be careful Davis…” she told him one last time.
 
Davis stood beside Babamon, “Don't worry about me… just you all look out for yourselves now, and make me proud.”
 
The others all saluted to their leader as he and Babamon began to ascended high above into the light, and then they were gone and the light had vanished.
 
“Well… that takes care of that.” TK said. “But what are we going to do now… I mean, Majjinmon's still loose down there.”
 
Everyone realized TK was right, and no one knew exactly what he was up to down there. Their fears were confirmed when Izzy and Gennai showed them the awful truth on Izzy's laptop…
 
Majjinmon was going around the Digital-World, infecting some Digimon with his illness, and the rest he just turned into treats, and ate them. The Digital population was already ten percent infected and wiped out.
 
“What can we do…” asked Patamon. “The last time we went up against him, we nearly got busted well.”
 
“Yeah… and don't forget…” Kari said, “He still has Ken's powers combined with his own… uh? Sorry Yolei…”
 
Yolei drew a deep breath and sighed heavily, “It's alright…” she said calmly.
 
“Try and stay focused ladies…” Hawkmon said, “We still haven't a clue of how to face our enemies. Now that Davis is no longer with us, in our current powers we are likely to be defeated for certain.”
 
There was a long moment of silence, and that's when Babadimon stepped forward, “Perhaps, I might be of some assistance…” he said. “I am a Wizard of vast wisdom, and mastered in ancient arts to help those achieve greater powers.”
 
The others' eyes began to light up, “Are you saying? You'll train us…?” asked Wormon.
 
Yamopomon nodded in agreement with his master. “Master Babadimon helped us to become skilled fighters… if he can help us become strong, there is no saying that it cannot happen to you either.”
 
Seeing no way to argue over it, the others immediately agreed to let Babadimon train them. This meant it was time fro another trip to the best training place of them all…
 
…the Hyperbolic Time Chamber!
 
“Do you think this training can pay off…?” asked Agumon once all the fighters had gone inside.
 
“I don't know…” Tai said. “I don't have powers like they do… but I think I can understand why they go to such lengths.”