Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digiball Z TURBO: The Virus, Majjinmon ❯ This is Training? ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TEN
 
Davis and Babamon were still traveling down what was like a ling tunnel of light and colors, and when they finally emerged, the only word that escaped from Davis' mouth was, “Whoa…!”
 
Babamon smiled, “Welcome Daisuke… to the Digital-Afterlife.”
 
Davis gazed all around him; this whole world was almost completely indescribable. Blue skies, fluffy clouds… and green hills with beautiful villages as far as the eye could see, and it didn't stop there.
 
Many Digimon, who were destroyed and unable to be reconfigured, were walking, or hovering around…, with halos over their heads. “So this is what the Digital-Afterlife looks like…” Davis said, “Awesome...”
 
Babamon was pleased that Davis was enjoying himself, but she had to inform him, “Now Daisuke… listen carefully.” she told him, “You are alive, and therefore you cannot stay in this world for too long, otherwise you could very well remain trapped here forever.”
 
Davis gasped, realizing she was right. He was warned about this before, “How long do I have…?” he asked.
 
Babamon stated that he had no more than forty-eight hours. Which meant… in two days, if he didn't leave within the next two days that would be it. “Man, talk about tight on time.” Davis muttered to himself. “So… where do I start to find the Potara-Earrings?” he asked.
 
“Follow me…” Babamon told him and she led Davis through the towns and villages, where a lot of the Digimon spirits were surprised to see a human in their dimension… and not dead at that either.
 
Davis just ignored them as he had enough to worry about already. “I just hope the others are doing fine beck there.” he thought to himself.
 
Meanwhile
 
Inside the Hyperbolic Time-Chamber Babadimon and Yamopomon stood proudly with their ten new students before them. All six of the Digimon were Spirit-Digivolved into their most powerful forms.
 
Even Hornetmon was able to Digivolve on his own, without Ken having to be there with him; sort of like the way Davis and Cody would power-up to transform into Super-Saiyains.
 
“Now then… we have little time, so it would appear that there is but one method I can use to help you all quickly… and that is to awaken the hidden powers that rest within your very spirits.”
 
The others all gazed at one another. “Power within our spirits?” asked Cody.
 
Babadimon nodded, “Yes… every living creature has a spirit through which rest hidden powers. Only when one truly believes in such qualities, and would use them only to do well in the world, would be able to receive such a gift.”
 
“But as I have mentioned before… there is no time for you all to take such a test, as it took Yamopomon himself many years just to begin to believe.”
 
Yamopomon nodded, “It was only after we trained for many years did our sleeping powers begin to awaken, and increase our abilities to fight.”
 
The others already began to believe their sayings, “But then… how are we supposed to gain this power?” Princess-Angewomon asked.
 
Babadimon was silent for a moment and then said, “It requires for me to awaken them myself, using a rather humiliating, and boring… but necessary ritual. I promise you… you will not regret this.”
 
The others decided they would take it, “Uh… just one question…” asked Yolei, “Just how humiliating is this ritual going to be.”
 
Babadimon began to stretch his old legs from under his robe. “See for yourself…” he said, “But you all must stand exactly where you are now, and no moving!”
 
As soon as everyone got into position, Babadimon began to dance around them all like in a conga line, shaking his hips and his arms and shouting wake up calls, “Wakey-Wakey-Wakey… Wake-Up-Up…”
 
The others already began to feel embarrassed, yet as the tried to turn and follow Babadimon as he danced around them in a ring Yamopomon held out his hand, “Do not move…” he told them, “You all must remain perfectly still on your feet for five hours while our master helps you!”
 
“FIVE HOURS…? the others all exclaimed.
 
“Yes… and then comes the next bit, which is more boring, but less humiliating.” replied Yamopomon. “For now, you all must focus…”
 
Less humiliating he said? The others secretly and sarcastically thought, “That ought to be sweet.”
 
“I just hope Davis doesn't have it like this…” Angel-Veemon thought…
 
Meanwhile
 
Davis had been following Babamon around for a while, and he was starting to feel a little bushed. “Whoa…” he panted, “I should've just flown all the way here.”
 
Suddenly, he could see Babamon just hovering in one spot near the edge of the grounds, with nothing but a long, long pathway resting on the clouds… it seemed to stretch on for miles.
 
“Welcome Daisuke… to Snake-way.”
 
“Snake way…?” Davis asked, “Uh oh… wait a minute.”
 
He remembered the Snake-Way from Dragon ball Z; a long pathway that was ten-thousand miles long, and nearly impossible to cross. “Wait a minute, are you telling me I have to cross this thing?”
 
“That's exactly it…” Babamon said, “Bt not to fear for I know of the fictional concept you believe in, and this Snake-Way is no more than one-hundred miles long.”
 
Davis sighed heavily in relief, but his relief was terminated when he was told exactly by Babamon that he was forbidden to fly across the road, and he would have to walk across it on foot. “The Potara Earrings you seek are very powerful, and some even consider them, dangerous items. I can only give them to those who are most worthy of possessing them, and I want you to prove it by accepting these tests I'm going to hand out to you.”
 
Davis held his head and sighed, “I knew there was going to be a catch to It.” he said, “How many tests are there…?”
 
Babamon explained that Snake-Way was the first of five different challenges that awaited him; “The TEST of speed” and his objective was to reach the end of Snake-way as quick as he could, and keeping in mind that he only now had less than two days, Davis decided to get a move on, and dashed down the road so quickly, Babamon was actually impressed.
 
“For a small fry… he sure can move.”
 
Meanwhile
 
But while our heroes were training, they were not the only ones gaining more power and strength…
 
For down in the Digital world, more and more of its inhabitance were being threatened by the evil virus, Majjimon. Many Digimon had already died from his deathly illness, while others…
 
“TURN TO CAKE…!”
 
“TURN TO SWEETS…!”
 
“Mmm… yes… I can feel it!” he chuckled to himself, “The very power of all those I absorb, pulsating through my veins! Heh, ah, ah, ah… AH, HA, HA, HA…!”
 
The Digital world was in grave danger, and the most important question that was on everyone's mind at the moment, “Where is the Digi-Force…?