Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digiball Z TURBO: The Virus, Majjinmon ❯ Time Troubles ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
 
The Digital world was getting worse and worse by the second; Izzy's computer was going crazy, and that's when he also noticed, “Uh-oh…!” he cried.
 
The others all began to shakily turn their heads towards them, “Izzy… the last thing we need to hear is Uh-oh!” cried Tentomon. “But we'll ask anyway… what's the matter?”
 
Izzy gulped hard and told them, “All the negative energy that Majjinmon's unleashed… it's causing a disturbance in the Digital-World's time continuum.”
 
The others began to wonder what was so bad about that. “So? One day in the Digital-World will be just one minute in our world again.” said Tai. “What's so bad about that…?” then suddenly he gasped, “Wait… no… don't tell me…!”
 
Izzy had no choice but to explain that it also affected the Hyperbolic Time Chamber itself. “Until the damage is repaired, the time-chamber's continuum will be the same as the Digital-world's.”
 
Everyone gasped hard. This meant that one minute in the Digital world would be one-minute in the time-chamber instead of six-hours like it was normally.
 
The others all looked at Gennai, “Isn't there anything you can do to fix the chamber?” Palemon asked.
 
Gennai shook his head, “Even if I could do anything, which I regret to say I can't… the Digi-force is still inside, and what I do out here could affect them inside.”
 
This was pretty bad, “This means all we can do is wait until they come out of there on their own.” said Gommamon. “But wait… that could be for hours.”
 
Biyomon's feathers ruffled a she shivered, “The Digital-World's already in enough ruins.” she cried “We don't have time to wait. We have to do something!”
 
The others knew she was right, “But what can we do…?” Matt suddenly said, “None of us are strong enough to even put a dent on that ugly guy. Why he'd snap us all to pieces with just one shot.”
 
The others all winced at that thought, and Jun gripped Tai's hand hard. “I've never felt so scared in my life.” she cried in fear. Her boyfriend held her close. “Easy Jun…” he said to her, “The others haven't let us down before, and I know they won't let us down this time either.”
 
 
Inside the Time-Chamber, about ten hours had passed.
 
The others… all unaware of the time-disruption… were still sitting perfectly still in Babadimon's ring as the wise old wizard continued to work his magic to unlock their hidden spiritual-powers.
 
However, he could sense that Yolei was feeling slightly. “Still feeling disturbed over the loss of your boyfriend, Miyako?”
 
Yolei opened her eyes, “Hey… I thought we weren't supposed to talk?” She asked.
 
Babadimon shook his head, “You may speak, but you may not move your body.” He said, “And I can tell that you are still troubled by Kenshin's defeat, and you are harboring great anger.”
 
Yolei didn't say a word, and she didn't have too to the wise old wizard. “Miyako…” he said soothingly. “I can understand how you feel… but you must not let your anger cloud your mind. My old master, and their fore-teachers had passed down what I am about to tell you now.”
 
“Their first and foremost rule was… “Possess the right thinking” only then… can one receive the gifts of strength, knowledge, and peace.”
 
There was a slight moment of silence…
 
“As I now try to channel your powers to awaken, I have also been trying to channel your anger… yet so much more remains. Remember, anger only clouds the mind. Turned inward… and it is an unconquerable enemy.”
 
“You however, wish to face this anger by yourself… which makes you unique from your comrades. You wish not to drag them down with you… but as you battle, Miyako… do not forget about them… do not forget about what your boyfriend would want… and most importantly… do not forget about me.”
 
He gently raised his hand, and placed over Yolei's shoulder. “I am here for you… my child. Do not despair… for soon all will be at peace.”
 
A small tear fell from Yolei's eye… and after that heart-to-heart moment, all was quiet once more as the training continued.
 
Meanwhile
 
Davis was looking at the notice-sign for the next challenge that stood before him. It was a massive forest the almost seemed to stretch on forever. This was why it was known as “The Forever-Forest.
 
The challenge, which was named, “The TEST of Knowledge and Wisdom. it was a test for Davis to try and navigate his way through the forest without getting lost. There was also a warning on the sign…“Getting lost will return you to the entrance.”
 
Davis sighed, “That's just great…! I could barely even make it past this kind of stuff in my video-games. So how am I supposed to get through this?”
 
The only way was obviously to get started and try it, so wasting no time he rushed into the dark forest ahead of him.
 
There were four possible pathways to take, and each one looked exactly the same as the others. There was pretty much no way to tell which path to take. “How hard can this be…?” Davis wondered as he took one of the pathways and disappeared into the darkness…
 
Then suddenly… he found himself outside again near the notice-board. “Oh… that tough…”
 
He tried another pathway, but then he found himself outside once again, and then a third time as well, and worst of all, when he tried the last path… it too lead him to nowhere.
 
“Man… what kind of place is this?” he growled, but he didn't expect to get an answer, and just sat there for a while to ponder over his thoughts and the pathways. They all looked the same… same trees… same rocks… same bushes… even the same flowers…
 
Feeling frustrated over his thoughts, Davis whacked one of the flower bushes, and the flowers suddenly vanished. “Huh…?” he stood there all puzzled, and then he tried tapping the other bushes, but their flowers didn't go away. “I wonder…”
 
He went through the pathway where the flowers had vanished, and he didn't emerge outside again, but instead he found four new pathways. Once again they were just the same as ever, and this time they had no flowers… but Davis was beginning have an idea of what he was supposed to do…
 
He carefully looked at each and every pathway and what was near it. Then suddenly he saw something strange… two red eyes glowing on one of the trees. He tried that path and made it onto a new level.
 
The object of the challenge was to look for a path that was different among all the others. “Duh… how could I have missed that.” With the path now seeming easier, he continued though he forest…
 
But who knew what awaited the young Saiyan-like boy at it's end?