Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digiball Z TURBO: The Virus, Majjinmon ❯ Davis VS Davis ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
 
A few more hours had passed, and the Digital-World was looking sorrier than ever. It was bad enough that Majjinmon had already eaten so many Digimon and gotten stronger, but now he was going about making more of a mess than ever to try and find a way into the real-world… so far, he had found nothing.
 
Then suddenly, he had an idea, “Of course…” he said to himself, “Those fools who challenged me before… they must know of a way into the world in which they came from.”
 
He decided to find them and make them form a portal so he could enter the human world, and infect just like he did in the Digital-World. “But where are they…?”
 
Luckily he too had the ability to sense Ki-energies which would make his search a lot easier. “Watch out humans… I'm coming for you. Heh, heh, ah, ah, ah…!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Davis was panting and groaning. He had been wandering around the Forever Forest for what seemed like… well, forever… and his stomach gave a huge growl, “Ooh… what was I thinking, coming here without any food?”
 
He passed through another area, and still only saw four more pathways. “Mmm…! The better be the last one.”
 
He looked at all the pathways, and he could already see the one that was different from the others. The pathway he needed to take was glowing with a sun shiny light. “Please, be the last… please, be the last…!” Davis groaned as he walked through the path while holding his growling stomach.
 
The darkness finally lifted, and the forest no longer continued. Once again, he found himself outside in the warm light of the Digital-Afterlife… and not only that, but there in the distance, he could see a large house at the end of a short pathway.
 
He also noticed that there weren't any notice-boards anywhere, meaning the fifth challenge wasn't up ahead. Then, suddenly Davis sniffed the air, “Hey… is that…” he sniffed the air again at all the aromas of… of… “Come and get it…” called a familiar voice from the voice.
 
Davis' eyes lit up with happy-tears, “FOOD…!!” and he couldn't get to the house fast enough, and when he rushed through the door, there before him lay one of the hugest feasts he had ever seen, and Babamon was there.
 
Davis dove right at the food, gnawing, and chomping away, “Gee… you've got a healthy appetite for someone who's not a Digimon.” Babamon grinned.
 
Davis ate, and ate, and ate…he ate what had to be at least fifty square meals before letting out a huge belch and patting his satisfied belly. “Oh yeah… that's the stuff!” he said happily.
 
Babamon then cleared her throat, “I must say Daisuke, I'm impressed you made it this far.” She said, “You're the first creature to reach the final challenge in centuries.”
 
Davis sat up suddenly, “Huh…? You mean I'm still not finished yet?” he asked.
 
“Of course not… you only completed four of five challenges.” replied Babamon, “But if you want the Potara-Earrings you still have one last trial to pass.”
 
Davis lay back again, “Please tell me its one I can do while lying down.” Babamon growled angrily, but that's when Davis stood up again, “Just kidding…”
 
Babamon was not impressed, but since Davis seemed to be re-energized, “If you're ready… come with me.” Davis followed her outside to what appeared to be the hugest backyard he had ever seen, and it consisted of many different environments…
 
Forest… lake… rocks… fire-pits… “Just the perfect place for you and your opponent to have an honorable match.” said Babamon.
 
Davis felt confused, “Wait… you're not my opponent?” he asked.
 
“Of course not… I stopped battling lifetimes ago…” answered Babamon, “Besides… I think you're going to be quite surprised at whom you're going to be facing—Ahh, here he comes now.”
 
Davis looked ahead into the forest, and saw a shadowy-figure coming towards them, the closer he got, the more illuminated he became. Suddenly, Davis was almost totally speechless… his opponent was… his own self…!
 
“Well...” the Clone-Davis said, “Are we to fight, or not?”
 
Davis nodded, “Yeah… we are…” he said as he eyed his clone from head to toe. “I guess… I need to get used to the fact that I seem to be talking to myself.”
 
Clone-Davis chuckled softly. “You have every right to be startled… I guess.”
 
Babamon explained to Davis that she had been observing Davis from the moment he began to the other four challenges, and then she used her magic and enchantments to conjure up a clone of Davis for the final test…
 
“The TEST of Mastery!”
 
One could only be a master if they were only able to overcome their own self. “Daisuke look on his ears…” Babamon said. Davis could see that his clone was wearing a pair of Potara earrings, fresh from Babamon's desk. “If you can successfully take those earrings from him… then by all means, you may keep them.”
 
Davis raised his eyebrow, “That's it…?” he asked. “This won't take long.”
 
“That's what you think…” Babamon thought sneakily.
 
Davis and his clone stepped out onto the main battle-field, which was nothing more than an ordinary gym-floor. “I await your move.” The clone called.
 
Davis poised himself ready, “Okay… you asked for It.” and he charged with his fist ready to fly, but the moment he even got close to his clone… WHAMM… “UGH…!” the close simply just raised his arm, and Davis ran face-first into his fist. “Ooh…” and he fell over with a splat.
 
“What's the matter? Giving up already…?” Babamon couldn't help but mock. Davis got up and rubbed his face. “It was a lucky break…” he said, “I'll get him this time…”
 
He lunged at his clone again, but the clone simply sidestepped and karate-chopped Davis' back throwing him to the floor again. “Hey… what gives?” he groaned. He tried his best to grab for the earrings, but the clone always managed to keep one step ahead of him.
 
“You'll have to do better than that, Daisuke.” Babamon called, “Remember, you're facing against yourself…”
 
“Yeah, don't remind me!” Davis growled, and he continued the battle, chasing his clone all over the battle grounds… across the forest… over the lake… from rock-to-rock. At least Babamon allowed him to use his full power this time instead of just relying on his own strength.
 
Still, even that didn't help, for just as Davis had super-powers, so did the clone. He wasn't just exactly like Davis in every detail; Davis was beginning to think that he was way more powerful than even he himself was.
 
“You are mistaken…” the clone said, “I am not stronger than you are…we are exactly equal. You are merely showing signs of weakness.
 
“WHAT…?” Davis snapped with his head throbbing in anger, “You take that back before--” he suddenly stopped when he realized he was insulting his own self… or what ii really himself? “Ow… my brain hurts!” he groaned, but then the battle continued.
 
Davis just had to try and get those earrings, for he didn't have much time left in the Digital-Afterlife… but as long as he failed to heed Babamon's advice, and the advice of his own clone… the Potara Earrings would remain beyond his grasp.