Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digiball Z TURBO: The Virus, Majjinmon ❯ Sucess and Downsided. ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
 
Davis was almost completely exhausted, and yet his Clone still never looked better, but it wasn't just that he was tired from all his struggling to get the Potara-Earings… Babamon had just informed Davis that Majjinmon had escaped from the Hyperbolic Time-Chamber…
 
To make matters worse, the real world was already being attacked and destroyed by that ugly monster… and both TK and Thormon had been killed. Easily what bothered him the most was the fact that Kari was losing her confidence and her will to fight.
 
He just had to hurry and get to his friends before anything else bad happened, but he still had not a clue of how to get he earrings from his clone. “Come now…” the clone said, Anyone can figure out how to defeat their own self, even you…”
 
“Will you quit saying that…!” Davis snapped at his clone, “You've been saying that for hours… Beat yourself… Beat yourself… Beat your--” Suddenly, he began to realize what “Beat yourself…”
 
Babamon said that the clone was exactly, exactly like Davis in every single way. “Which means… he must even have my weaknesses.” he thought. “Time to turn this whole thing around…”
 
He got back to his feet and stared his clone dead in the eyes, “I'm going to get you now…” he called to him.
 
“Huh…?” The clone watched as Davis charged straight at him and aimed a punch at his face. The Clone raised his defenses ready, but suddenly at the last moment, Davis didn't thrust his fist forward and grabbed the clone's goggles instead.
 
“What… hey…!”
 
“Heh, heh, heh… look at that… I got your goggles.”
 
Davis was the kind who would never let any harm come to the goggles that Tai gave him. They were one of the greatest treasures he ever held dear to him, and those who ever tried to take them off his head always regretted it.
 
The clone's anger finally began to show as he began to attack Davis mercilessly, and that gave Davis yet another advantage, and he began to tickle his clone's tummy, exactly in the place where Kari would always tickle him and he'd break out laughing hard…
 
Almost even wet his pants once…
 
The Clone laughed and squirmed all over the place, and finally… Davis reached up for the ears, “Yoink…!”
 
The clone stopped laughing, and felt his now bare ears, and Davis stood tall and proud holding the earrings up high. “I got them! I GOT THEM…!” he cried for joy.
 
“Amazing…” Babamon thought, “He actually did it. He passed all five tests.”
 
She hovered over towards Davis, and after dispelling his clone, she offered Davis her congrats. “Those earring you have a very powerful items… use them very wisely.” she told him.
 
Davis smiled and nodded, and he clutched the earrings tightly. Now that he had them in his possession, he had to get back to the others and fast. “Uh… just how am I supposed to get back?” he asked.
 
Babamon sniggered slightly, “Leave that to me…” she said as she snapped her fingers which opened a trap-door under his feet. “…YEOW… AAAAHH….!”
 
“Say hi to Babadimon when you see him!”
 
 
Davis flew through a vortex of light, and colors, it almost made him nauseas, but that was the least of his worries. “I got to get to the others fast… he thought. The Potara-Earrings, now safely on his ears, glowed brightly… the only things that would help him and his friends beat Majjinmon for good.
 
“Hang on guys… I'm coming!”
 
 
Izzy had been researching Majjinmon as much as he could, but of course, as Majjinmon was a one of a kind Digimon, he had no data at all on him. All he could do was scan similarities that were connected to him… as well as studying the previous battles with him.
 
“Hey… I think I got something…” he called out to the others.
 
The remaining members of the Digi-Force huddled over towards him as he explained what he was able to find.
 
Majjinmon had regenerating cells, just like Cell-Myotismon did. Whenever he got destroyed his cells would always restore him right back up. “That's it…!” Cody said. “Why didn't we think of this before…?”
 
“Uh… would someone mind filling me in here?” asked Foremenmon.
 
The others all sweat-dropped in utter dismay…
 
“To put it simply…” Angel-Veemon said, “If Majjinmon cells will revive him every time he is damaged, the only way to finish him off would be to destroy him completely… so there is nothing left of him at all.”
 
Foremenmon felt a little silly. “Well if that's the case… let's go after him.”
 
Many of the others agreed to that. “Now that we know his weakness, it shouldn't be too hard to beat him now.” Yolei said as she socked her fist into her other hand.
 
The flames on Phoenixmon's body heated up. “I'm in…”
 
“Me too…” added Hornetmon as he sharpened his stinger.
 
The two Angels held their hands together in a sign that they would look out for each other to the end.
 
Only, Kari still remained silent, almost as if she didn't even know where she was or what she was doing anymore. “Kari…?” Princess-Angwomon tried to get her attention, but she didn't even move.
 
“Poor girl…” Yolei mumbled.
 
Tai's gang offered to look after her in the Digital-World, but that's when she finally spoke up. “I'm coming…” she said softly yet deeply. “We don't have much of a choice.”
 
Her brother tried to convince her that she was in no condition to go off and battle, but Kari just snapped at him. “I said I'm going!”
 
Tai and the others winced, they were starting to see sides of Kari that they never knew she had in her. She hated evil as much as anyone else did, but now she was acting like TK… she was starting to lose her mind.
 
Nevertheless, they all moved towards Gennai's TV-portal. “Now remember… if ever you start to feel weak, come back immediately.” He told them, “If any more of you are destroyed, I fear we won't be able to hold Majjinmon off.”
 
“He won't get the better of us… not this time.” Cody said. “Let's go guys…” and off they went.
 
“All we can do now… is hope.” Gennai.
 
Matt began to look down in the dumps again, “Hope… that was usually TK's job.” He mourned.
 
Everyone knew how he felt. “Yamato… you must not continue on this path.” Babadimon said, “Wiseman says… ye who lets his past come to haunt him, will be forever tormented by his present and his future too. I know how you feel over the loss of your brother… but he fought bravely, and died with honor…”
 
The wise wizard bowed his head, “He will return to you… just be patient.”