Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digiball Z TURBO: The Virus, Majjinmon ❯ Power VS Speed ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
 
Almost all of the Earth's inhabitance was nearly depleted. All the continents were empty, and so were the major islands. No people, no animals… not even a mosquito. Everywhere that was anywhere, you'd only find corpses, fallen towns, burning landscapes, and many things worse.
 
The only place at all that was left standing was Japan itself. Majjinmon decided to save what he thought was the best for last; the very homeland of the original Digi-Destined, and the Digi-Force.
 
Everyone in the whole country was running about in panic trying to find any possible hopes of escape; such of which did not exist, as the evil virus was much too formidable.
 
Speaking of the creature… he emerged straight out form the body of an old man he had just killed with his deadly illness and left the body dead in the wreckage of the streets. “Blah…! Bland and tasteless!” he grumbled. “Ah well… there's plenty others where he came from! Heh, heh, heh…”
 
He soared over the towns, and couldn't help but laugh at the pitiful humans below. “You can run, but you can't hide!” he called to them before he turned them into candy, or treats, and ate them.
 
Then he would take a break from the humans and play around with the buildings. By play, he actually was destroying them. Pushing them over like bookshelves, blasting holes right through them… He even managed to make separate sections of some of the buildings blaze with fire so when the dots were connected; you could see a picture of him.
 
He even attacked the neighborhoods of the Digi-Force, and ate their loved ones. Even Yolei's family's Convenience-Store was burned to a crisp… but not before he helped himself to whatever ordinary treats he could find on the shelves. They were tasty, but for his taste-buds, “Not as yummy as changing people into treats.”
 
Suddenly, he began to sense a strong void of energy behind him. He rolled his eyes and sighed irritably, “Oh, no… not you again!”
 
He turned to face the Digi-Force, and Yolei was the first one to speak. “First, you kill my boyfriend… then some of my best friends, and now you've crushed my family's store…?”
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… yes… and I'd do it again, and possibly a third time.” Majjinmon said. “I've been destroying objects, and killing people for centuries… and I will continue on this path for centuries to come. Nobody can stop me now… and no one ever will!”
 
“No one… except us!” growled Phoenixmon.
 
“And that's exactly what we're going to do.” added Hornetmon.
 
Majjinmon shook his head in pity, “You never learn do you…? Fine then…!” and he charged straight at the others hoping he would finish them off for good, but at the last moment, they all scattered about causing him to miss.
 
Cody, already in his Super-Saiyan 2 form went up first. “CONTINUOUS KI-BLAST…!” e shouted as he began firing energy shots like a machine-gun.
 
“Hah! Take this wise guy!” bellowed Majjinmon, and he began to fire his own “CONTINUOUS KI-BLAST…” since had absorbed TK earlier. Then both he and Cody were engaged in a blast contest; both rapidly firing more and more energy shots hoping to breakthrough the others bombarding-blasts, and strike.
 
That's when Foremenmon decided to jump in, “JACKHAMMER-BLAST…!”
 
Two against one, you'd think the battle would be won, but Majjinmon had even more tricks to present. “PINK-PUTTY…!” and he began to rapidly fire pink blobs from his mouth to counter more of the shots.
 
“Give it up…!” he growled while still firing through his mouth, “No way you can beat me!”
 
“That's what you think…!” snapped Phoenixmon as he came in from behind, BLAZING-FLARE…!” It looked like a hit, but Majjinmon was now able to use Ken's “SPECIAL-BEAM CANNON…!” through his head-tentacle, and countered the blast with a tug-o-war of power…
 
“You won't get me that easily…!” the virus yelled at the top of his lungs.
 
“Want to bet…?” Yolei scowled as she charged at him from the right, and Hornetmon came in from the left aiming his stinger, “Time for a little lethal injection…!”
 
Majjinmon's eyes narrowed in anger, and the holes in his body began to shoot out hot steam that blocked them from getting any closer. The two Angels even tried to lasso him with their chain-attacks from below, but he just stretched his legs in many angles and batted the chains away.
 
“This is unbelievable…!” Angel-Veemon growled. “No matter where we come at him, he always manages to block us off.”
 
“We have to keep trying…” said Princess-Angewomon. “If we want to put our plan into action we have force him to use up his energy.”
 
Everyone continued to fire, and come at the evil virus, except Kari who was still trying to find herself. “Kari, come on!” Yolei called to her, “If you attack him we just might force him down…”
 
Kari was still struggling with herself, but she knew Yolei was right. She held out her hands ready to focus. “This is everyone that you've killed… MAJJINMON…!” she roared, and with that her telekinetic powers struck Majjinmon hard.
 
“YARGH…!” he was starting to slow down with his attacks. “I… I can't move!” he cried, and then finally, the other attacks hit him from all sides seriously hurting him. Finally… they all attack him at once causing his body to explode and blow pink blobs everywhere.
 
“Right… everyone quick, destroy the blobs before they can reform.” said Cody. The others all nodded, and began going about using small energy blasts to vaporize the blobs.
 
So far it seemed to be working, there was however only one problem. The small blobs were already starting to move and bubble as they began to revive. “Speed it up!” Phoenixmon said, “We can't let him revive.”
 
Everyone tried to move as fast as they could, “It's no use… there's too many of them!” cried Princess-Angewomon. The blobs made it first, and Majjinmon was completely revived. They just weren't fast enough…
 
“Like I said before…” he replied, “You never learn. So… allow me to TEACH YOU…!”
 
His head tentacle struck Hornetmon right in the guy. “GARGH… Ohh…!” and he fell down dead. “Hornetmon, No!” cried Angel-Veemon.
 
“That's it… now I'm mad!” growled Foremenmon. “DRILL-EARTHQUAKE…!” The ground began to rumble and crack up beneath Majjinmon's feet, but he quickly leapt into the air, “TURN INTO… A CAKE!”
 
ZAP…!
 
“FOREMENMON…!” squealed Cody as he had the horror of watch his friend being eating. He fell to his knees in deep shame and sadness. He clenched his fists and screamed up at the sky, “DAVIS… PLEASE HELP US!”
 
Majjinmon then turned around to face Yolei. “You're next… my dear.”
 
Yolei fired what little energy she had left in her, but her power was weak, and Majjinmon was already extending his head tentacle ready to get her, but at the last moment, Phoenixmon swooped down in the way to take the shot… “UGH-AAAH…!”
 
“PHOENIXMON…!”
 
“UGH… YOLEI… DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME…!” then he exploded into a pile of ashes.
 
“PHOENIXMOOOOOOOOOOOON…!”
 
The Digi-Force was losing fighters and fast, and Majjinmon was gaining more and more power by the minute. They couldn't weaken him, they couldn't destroy him... they were trapped once again.