Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digidreams Do Come True! ❯ Koushirou & Miyako's Late Afternoon Project! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Next chapter for you, and I hope you’re still around. As a warning, there’s going to be quite a few chapters before it shows the main plot. I have to have all the kids abducted first, before I can remotely get into that. Even though it’s still a bit early, I’m sure you’ll eventually notice a pattern with these chapters and the way the kids are being abducted. With the exception of about four (I’m counting Mimi here, since Michael isn’t a Japanese Chosen Child, as he's an American Digidestined), all the kids are pretty much being abducted in pairs. I’m pretty much doing this to avoid the story being dragged out longer than it has to be, as it’s grown a bit long already.

I know you all are probably wondering about the titles. Well, I just decided to try something a bit different, and to get some practice in. Lord knows I need it where creating sentences are concerned. Oh, and as for the “quoted” part of the title, it’s pretty much showing who’s “announcing” the title. Like for this one, I made it obvious that it’s Koushirou who is announcing, because of the “Miyako-kun” part of it. This is how he addresses her in the original. Last chapter, it’s obvious that the “quoted” part was meant to be said by Michael, etc. I hope all of this made sense.

Now, as always, I do not own anything dealing with the show, manga, game, etc., and please remember to leave a review.

Chapter 03: “京くんのコンピュ&# 12479;ーゲームのデジモ} 31;です!”
“M iyako-kun no KONPYUTAA GEEMU no Dejimon desu!”
“Miyako’s Digimon Computer Game!” Koushirou & Miyako’s Late Afternoon Project!


Over in Odaiba, Tokyo at Odaiba Junior High, sat two well-known “computer nerds” in the student computer lab. Both were working on a project that made the now 14-year-old Inoue Miyako a bit frustrated. Even though it’s been a couple of years, there really hadn’t been too much of a change with her. She was much prettier now, not that she never was, and seemed to have gained herself quite a few admirers, one of which that was a bit too shy to even share his feelings. The other admirer of the young Miyako was one that no one even knew about, as he rarely saw her and he could only admire her from afar. The last of the main admirers that her friends knew, liked her quite a bit, but seemed less conspicuous and less obvious about it; although, one person actually knew about it, but promised to keep it secret. The ironic thing of the matter was that Miyako didn’t have an inkling suspicion at all over these three guys in particular who had a somewhat strong attraction towards her.

As of the moment, no one else was near the computer lab, and the only people around were those participating in after-school activities and teachers. The area in which they were in was pretty much isolated, but every once in a while, someone would pass by. The reason for the isolation was due the fact that the teacher in charge of the Computer Club was allowing the two to use it, especially since both had special positions within the club and were given the permission to. There was no meeting that afternoon, and the lab would usually be locked up after a while.

“Why in the world did I promise something like this,” Miyako groaned in extreme exasperation. “This is my last day to work on this since I’ll be too busy tomorrow!”

“Don’t worry; I’m here to help you.”

“You don’t have to help me if you don’t want to. This is my problem.”

“Nah, I don’t mind helping,” the redhead assured her sincerely. “You looked a bit overworked when I was walking by, so of course I would want to help. I can always take a bus home instead of walking today.”

“I just had to say I’d program my own RPG and present it by Monday!” Miyako laid her head down on the desk and snorted. “I’m nowhere near finished this! It has too many stupid glitches, and I have no idea why there are so many. There always seems to be a different problem every day!”

Miyako was now in her second year at Odaiba Junior High, still an ace where computers were concerned, and vice-president of OJH’s Computer Club. Koushirou was also still her best computer buddy.

“Who knows why you keep having trouble,” Miyako lifted up her head, “but I am here to help you, Miyako-kun. I also feel that this RPG that you are currently programming is pretty creative. I don’t know of the details yet, but I’m sure that it’ll be quite good.”

“No way, this thing is lousy.”

The Odaiba Junior High Computer Club President, Izumi Koushirou, was now a semi-tall 15 year old in his third, and final, year. His once short, red hair had grown out a bit, but he always managed to keep it nice and neat. He was well respected by both faculty and students, especially the female students lately, much to everyone’s surprise. Koushirou was extremely oblivious to the fact that the girls of his class were attracted to him now since he had grown older and taller, and was even considered “handsome” to them. The girls of his class would give him positive attention; Koushirou just thought they were being nice. Whenever this would occur, or she’d hear about something like that, Miyako would sigh over Koushirou’s ignorance of female human nature or flirting.

Ever since his first year, Koushirou has been president of their computer club, due to his extreme knowledge. Miyako was actually shy in that sense, and didn’t want to have any position that would cause her to have to run against her mentor, but for her second year, when the student who used to be second in command transferred to another school, he talked her into it, and she ended up winning the position of vice president. She still felt she was too new to thet school and wasn’t sure if she was going to be accepted or not by her peers, but everyone liked her, and figured she would definitely be the right person for the job. The two seemed to practically run the club, even before she’d gotten the position officially.

Koushirou didn’t know it, but Miyako and the other computer club members were planning on throwing him a surprise party since it was going to be his last year at Odaiba Junior High as their well-respected club president. They hadn’t decided on a time as of yet, but it had to be before their finals and had to make sure it wouldn’t interfere with Koushirou’s high school entrance exams. Miyako wasn’t in charge of preparations; surprisingly, another girl was, one that Miyako truly didn’t care for, and vice-versa for this particular girl towards her.

“I think it was very creative of you to use our Digimon as characters,” Koushirou complimented in an attempt to cheer the younger girl up.

“Well, I really do miss Hawkmon, so I decided to use a Digimon theme to help remember him. I’m glad that you had all of that old Digimon information stored on your laptop, and those old digital photos that Hikari-chan had of some Digimon. I didn’t think I could actually use those to create sprites,” she explained, quite nervously. She was still a bit self-conscious over presenting her RPG to the club. ‘I hope no one thinks this is stupid, of course Izumi-senpai wouldn’t since he’s a fellow Chosen Child like I am.

‘It’s very strange how, like before, only we Chosen Children from all over the world remember what happened.’

“The RPG maker programs are more advanced now, so that’s the main reason why, Miyako-kun. You do know that you don’t have to go all out with this. A typical, computer game will do.”

“No, it has to be the best! I have to prove to everyone that I do know about computer programs, and software, just like I do hardware! My reputation is on the line!” the lavender-haired girl said with determination, her right fist bawled. “I also must prove myself to that Meihui Chiu!”

“Meihui-san, eh? Oh yeah, Meihui-san. She’s been here as long as I have. When she first attended this school, she’d moved here from China. You beat her out by only one vote to become vice president.”

“She’s been on my case, ever since I won that. She keeps saying that I’ll make a terrible second-in-command, even though I already had experience. I was president of the computer club at Odaiba Elementary after you graduated from there.”

“I wouldn’t worry too much about her. You know a lot more than she does, and I would know. I have worked with her before, mainly since she's so active in the club, but…she is good at programming.”

Miyako arched an eyebrow up at Koushirou. “You talk as if you don’t know her, or you just met her. You said yourself she’s been in your class since you started going to this school.”

Koushirou could only shrug. “I guess she’s okay, but we don’t really seem to talk much, unless it’s during one of our meetings, or during class. She is very nice and friendly, though.”

Nice and friendly my foot,” Miyako scoffed under her breath while crossing her arms.

“She seems to really respect me, and actually calls me, ‘Izumi-sama’, and that’s surprising to hear from someone that’s the same age as you,” he laughed. “She even gives me some very tasty chocolate candies! I wonder what store she buys those from. I suppose I could speak with her more often than what I do, especially since she’s nice enough to give me chocolates every year. No other girls really give me any. I would love to brush up on my Cantonese, especially after my incident in Hong Kong two years ago when I was there with Hikari-san. My Chinese speaking skills were horrid, and my English was even worse! I should ask her to teach me sometime, if it’s okay with her. I shall call her later. I have her number in my annual.”

Miyako, who had pretty much began to ignore the older boy since he was going on about the “annoying Meihui” (which is what she, herself, would call her), went back to her game. She was determined to finish it.

“Just one command, and I should have this thing finished, but I just can’t figure out why it isn’t working the way it’s supposed to. It seems that most of these glitches have the most trouble with sound bytes. In the beginning, the song Target~Akai Shougeki~ is supposed to play, but you can’t hear it or any other music for that matter.”

Koushirou stared at the computer code on the screen. “I think I see where your mistake is. You typed in a wrong command here, and in this spot here, you have a space.” He looked over the other data that Miyako had input. “Hmm, as a matter of fact, Miyako-kun, it seems that about 45% of these commands are wrong.” The boy sighed in spite of himself, realizing that it would take a long while before they could fix them all. ‘We’re going to be here awhile…’

Miyako did as Koushirou instructed, as well as a couple of more suggestions, which ended up taking the two another hour or so. They were running the game for the fourth time, hoping that there were no errors this time. Miyako crossed her fingers and held her breath.

After a few seconds, she heard the midi-like music. “Bingo! Bingo! Bingo! It works, it works! It took forever, but it finally works!” The girl was so happy, she gave Koushirou a big hug. “Thank you so much!”

“Y-you’re wel-welcome.”

Miyako blushed slightly and let him go. “I’m sorry, I’m just really glad that this works.”

“R-really, that’s okay,” Koushirou assured her, trying to rid himself of the butterflies that currently fluttered in his stomach. “I know what it’s like to spend your time trying to crack a computer code, or program something, and then finally figuring it out. It’s an exhilarating feeling knowing you figured that out on your own.”

“After all of this work, we should go down to my family’s convenient store, and grab ourselves something to eat. I’m starved. Who knows, maybe we can go down to the gym. I’m sure they won’t mind one extra person. I just hope they’re still there.”

“I'm getting a bit hungry myself, but I wouldn’t want to impose. They invited you, not me.”

“I guess I should have mentioned that I was working with you, but I’m sure they still wouldn’t mind, Izumi-senpai. You’re their friend too!”

“No, that’s okay. I’ll just pick up something on the way home.”

“No way! I’m going to call Ken-kun right now to see if he and the others are still there. It’s a bit of a long walk from here to the gym.”

Before Koushirou could protest any further, the girl had sped-dialed Ken’s number. ‘It’s so late; I would hate to disappoint him,’ she then quickly added, ‘and the others too…’ After about a half a minute, she hanged up. “I guess he isn’t around. I didn’t even get his voice mail.” Miyako inwardly smiled. ‘He really does love Wormmon, and still uses him for the voice mail by saying, ‘Hello, Ichijouji Ken-chan isn’t in right now, so leave a message for him’.’

“Maybe Ichijouji-kun left for the day, and just forgot to turn his phone back on.”

“Wait, why don’t we check---”

“Wait, don’t even bother,” Koushirou interrupted.

“Why? How come?”

Koushirou pointed to the computer’s clock. It read, 17:53 (6:53). “Look at how late it is. They have to be gone by now. We had permission to stay back here in the lab, even though there are no club meets today; I doubt they had permission to stay back in the gym. Makes me wonder if they had the permission at all since, usually, such activity is forbidden there.”

Miyako felt pretty bad for not joining Ken, even though the others were there as well. Why didn’t she feel as bad for them? “I guess you’re right.”

“I’m sure they will have another get together soon. Maybe you should just organize one yourself to make up for missing this one.”

“That’s a great idea, Izumi-senpai!” she smiled. ‘I just hope Ken-kun is actually around to attend it, or isn’t too busy; same with Daisuke.’

“There you go, see, everything will be fine.”

“Could you come along too?”

“I’m not sure,” he answered with a shrug. “If I’m not busy with anything else, I will.”

“Please? We’ll have snacks and---”

“Okay, you’ve convinced me!”

“That’s because food is involved,” Miyako laughed.

“Whatever gave you that impression?” Miyako laughed again at the boy’s mock innocence. “You know, maybe only you all should go, and invite Iori-kun along. I’m sure he’d enjoy hanging around with you all since you rarely see him much due to his still being in elementary school.”

“That’s true. Both Takeru-kun and I live in the same apartment complex as he does, and we still don’t make much of an effort to hang around with him more. We’re always busy. Come to think of it, I rarely see Takeru-kun anymore either outside of school.”

“Seems that you all will have to work around your busying schedules, but it’ll probably work out in the end. Now, would you mind if I played your game?”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course, and as president of Odaiba Junior High’s Computer Club, I must see if this passes my test, which I’m sure it will seeing as who programmed it.”

Miyako’s face went slightly red from the compliment, and smiled at her older, redheaded companion. “S-sure, go ahead, but do you really think it’ll pass your test?”

“I’m positive that it will. You are very smart with computers, and you’ve been doing excellently with programming lately as well.”

“Thanks,” she scratched her nose, “but I didn’t even know there was a test.”

“Well, actually, there isn’t. I just wanted to play before everyone else.”

Miyako blinked with a sweat drop, as she watched Koushirou position himself in front of the screen. When he was situated, she began to explain the game to him. “Anyway, since my time was limited, there are only four main characters. I based them on you, Mimi-oneesama, Iori, and me. I chose at random, the names, Miya, Koji, Mi, and Cody.”

“Mimi-san…” Koushirou looked up at the wall clock. “It should be close to five in the morning there. I wonder how her performance will go over.”

“She’s supposed to sing songs for her class or something, right?”

He nodded. “It took me a good while, but I finally managed to get the songs she requested a karaoke of just right.”

“Why didn’t you just wait for me to help you?”

“I knew how busy you were with other things, so I just did it all on my own.”

“But you filtered three songs!! We usually work on things like that together.”

“I know, but I really didn’t mind.”

You still could’ve asked me to help,” she muttered under her breath, slightly annoyed over Koushirou’s eagerness to work alone.

“I wonder how she’s doing. It’s been a little over a year since her last visit to Japan.”

“Fine, I’m sure, but it would be nice if she could visit us again.”

“Isn’t it interesting how in America, she is a year up on me school wise (so she told me), and is in her second year of high school whereas I’m still in junior high, and we’re both the same exact age?”

“Go fig the American school system,” Miyako quickly replied, anxious to get back to explaining her game. “Now, you start off with my character, and for her, either the theme Crash de Bingo or the song, Dancin’ on the Sky will play. It’ll vary; I forgot which I programmed it for.

“You’re going to explore around, and end up in the Digital World. The background music theme during that should be Butter-Fly. After that, you should end up facing a Tyranomon who tries to attack you. It’s not set up for you to fight him, and the AI takes over, so your only option will be to run and the Tyranomon will chase you. Suddenly, a Digimon from out of nowhere will attack the Tyranomon, and it will be a boy with a Tentomon. Both get Miya to safety.”

“I’m going to assume that since you mentioned the boy having a Tentomon, that that’s the character based on me.”

“Bingo!”

“Prodigious!”

“Let’s see, along with this boy and his Digimon, is a Digimon called Hawkmon. The bgm theme for that should play for the character based on you when they first meet and talk, is Digital Scratch. The character finds out that she is in a place called the ‘Digital World’ and that the Digimon named Hawkmon is her own personal Digimon partner.

“Your character explains all of this to her, and also explains how there is an evil force taking over the Digital World, changing once good Digimon into bad ones, and that he was chosen to find three other children who were brought there to stop it. He also explains that Miya was one of the three he was in search of, and how there are now two more.

“From there, the two of you are going to look for the remaining two people to help fight against whatever’s causing all the problems. It should go by fast, though, and watch where you explore or you’ll run into a Digimon enemy, meaning you’ll have to fight them off in order to get them back to their normal selves again. You use both Tentomon and Hawkmon to battle until you find the other two.

“During battle sequences, the theme should be Brave Heart. I also decided to stick with the old Black Gear story.”

Koushirou’s eyes seemed to light up. “This sounds very interesting! Let’s start this game up. It will be like all of us older kids’ adventure in the Digital World, and I bet you used Devimon as the final boss since you decided to use the Black Gear story that I, and all the other older Chosens, encountered.”

Miyako did a victory pose for the redhead. “Bingo! During his battle, the bgm to play should be Dark Wing and the song I chose for the ending is Keep On. Oh, for this, the Digimon can only evolve to their adult (champion) levels, but you have to determine the key on making them evolve, though.”

“Wow, I better get started then…”
****
Walking down the empty school corridors was a girl in the typical dark green Odaiba Junior High fuku. She was petite in size, had long, shiny jet-black hair, rosy dimpled cheeks, and a very cute smile that most everyone loved. This popular, 15-year-old girl was none other than Meihui Chiu, who was planning on doing some work on a computer project, or as others would consider it, “sabotage” a certain computer project.

‘I wonder if Inoue is still here. I didn’t see her leave.’ A smirk came to the girl’s light face, as another thought popped into mind. ‘I bet she is still having trouble with that computer game of hers and is putting in overtime to make sure it’s right for Monday. I was only helping her along with it all week without her being there. It’s so easy to do. She shouldn’t save all of her information on the computer she uses during our meetings and her log-in and password was so easy to hack through. She’s just asking for trouble. She should save her information on a floppy, a flash drive, or put it on a laptop at least.

‘Thinking about it, though, I probably didn’t have to do much of anything. Honestly, what are Digimon? I doubt anyone will take something like that seriously, and I’m sure that our president will surely think she’s crazy.’ Her smile grew wider as she began to twirl down the hall. ‘After she makes a fool of herself Monday, they’ll all realize how incompetent she truly is, and how I deserve to be working by our president’s side! I’ll get my position back, and then I’ll get closer to,’ hearts formed in her dark eyes, and gave off a dreamy sigh, ‘Izumi-sama, just like how it was before that brat started going to this school!’

“Meihui-chan!”

“Wait up, Mei-chan!”

The girl’s thoughts of Koushirou were broken, as she turned towards the two who had called her. “Hi there, Jen-chan, Joya-chan.”

The girl named Joya, with the bright pink hair up in two pigtails which came down to her shoulders, pointed towards the wall clock. “I’m surprised you’re still here. I guess you’re just getting out of a computer club meeting, right?”

“No, I was just hanging around,” she lied. After realizing what the girl had said, she narrowed her eyes at her. “What do you mean there was a computer club meeting today?”

“Jen-chan and I just saw Izumi-kun in the computer lab with Inoue-san hours ago when we were on our way to our Volleyball Club meeting. It ran late today. I figured that the two were early since they do run it. We just walked past the computer lab again, and both were still there.”

Jen nodded, her long aqua-green pony-tail swishing. “Maybe they’re staying back since they are both running it, but thinking about it, I don’t remember Meihui-chan ever staying back this late when she was the unofficial second-in-command last year.”

Trying her best to control her jealousy over Koushirou and Miyako’s being alone, Meihui chose to ignore the latter of Jen’s statement. “I guess it slipped my mind that we were having a meeting today,” she stated casually, with extreme difficulty. ‘I waited around this long for nothing? I just knew she’d be gone by now. I can’t log my way in if she’s using her student account.’

“It seems like it’s over, though,” Jen continued on, “no one else was there.”

“Mei-chan, if you weren’t at the meeting, what have you been doing for the past couple of hours?”

The young girl knew that she couldn’t tell them that she’d left, and had come back just recently. She wasn’t even expecting to be seen, given the time, and was going to do her duty and leave without being spotted. “Oh, nothing much at all…just, hanging around,” she timidly laughed. “Maybe I should go check up on those two,” she twitched slightly, obliviously clenching her small fists together at her side.

“Meihui-chan,” Jen began, “you look upset.”

“She’s right, you do. You’re our best friend; you can tell us what’s wrong.”

“I’m not mad,” she grumbled through grit teeth. “What makes you think that I’m mad or upset just because that four-eyed brain is alone with Izumi-sama?”

“You sound jealous.”

“I am not jealous, Jen-chan!!” Meihui shouted at the top of her lungs. The girl blushed ferociously as her echo filled the hallway.

“He’s known Inoue-san for a long time, which is probably why he hangs around with her a lot,” Jen earnestly pointed out. “They don’t have the same classes, since he’s in a higher year than her, and both share the computer club, which is their main time to hang around with one another while in school.

“Anyway, Inoue-san is okay. She’s a very nice girl to hang around with, and is a whiz at math. She’s helped me plenty of times.”

“I like her too.” Joya looked down at her watch. “It’s pretty late, we should get going. My older sister was going to come by today and pick us both up so that we wouldn’t have to walk.”

“Oh yeah, that’s right. I forgot about that. You called her a while ago. She should be here by now. Hey, Meihui-chan, want to come with us? We could go out and karaoke or something.”

“No, that’s okay,” she politely declined with a bow, “I’ll walk home, as I have a couple of things I have to finish up here. I’m also still planning for the surprise party that the club is throwing for Izumi-sama.”

“Well, if you’re busy, I guess Jen and I’ll get going.”

‘I could finish planning out that party, or maybe Izumi-sama will accompany me home, and then I’ll invite him in and offer him tea and snacks, and then he’ll accept it, and then he’ll go on to tell me how much he loves me, and then we’ll both lean in for a nice, long well-deserved, extremely passionate, deep, k---’

“Earth to Mei-chan,” Joya waved her hand in front of her face, “are you there?”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” she quickly answered, her face a bit flushed from the fantasy. “I was just, ugh, thinking about something.”

“Whatever,” Jen yawned. “Anyway, when walking by, we overheard Izumi-kun talking and he mentioned something about you. He said he was going to ask you something.”

“Oh, okay,” she answered plainly. After what was said had sank in, the girls eyes lit up like stars as she shouted out happily with a jump, “REALLY!!!” After the sudden outburst, she, with slight difficulty, regained her composure, acting in a mature, sophisticated manner. She felt rather foolish for jumping and shouting like some type of crazed fan girl when it came to a handsome celebrity.

“I wonder what he wants to discuss with me?” she asked while clearing her throat with an obviously phony, haughty cough. ‘Maybe after all of this time, he’s finally going to ask me out!! I’ve been waiting for this day to happen for ages! Lots of boys have asked me out before, but the boy I truly want to ask me, hasn’t…I just hope that this will be it!’

“Jen-chan, we better get going. You know how impatient my sister is.”

“Don’t I know it!” the girl laughed. “Your sister is nice but one should never make her wait for you whenever she’s the driver.”

“We’ll catch you later, Mei-chan,” Joya waved, as the two started off.

“See you, Meihui-chan.”

After they were a good distance away from Meihui, both of the girls began to discuss amongst themselves.

“She’s never said it directly, but I think she likes Izumi-kun,” Jen briskly stated.

“I think she does too. She seems to get a bit jealous whenever other girls hang around him.”

“It’s a bit interesting how Meihui-chan isn’t the only one who seems to want his attention. Quite a few girls of our class do. Whenever he walks by, they seem to show admiration towards him.”

“Remember Valentine’s Day? He got a lot of chocolates from the girls of our class. Knowing him, he probably just thought they were a bunch of *Giri choco. I wonder how he handled *White Day, thinking about it now.”

“He is the polite type and seems to be a bit traditional; I bet he ended up giving all who gave him chocolates, typical marshmallow candies or either white chocolate candies.”

“But seems we would've heard something about it if he had, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets some very impressive or fancy home-made choco next year.”

“Is it just me, or is he just terribly unobservant where girls are concerned? He never seems to notice the girls who hang around him, or those who may do nice things for him.”

“How could someone so inquisitive and observant be so unobservant when it comes to people?” Joya smiled coyly. “I don’t really blame some of the girls of our class for falling for him. You have to admit, he is kind of cute.”

“Yeah, you’re right. He is, compared to when he was younger,” Jen smiled in spite of herself.

“Out of all of the girls I’ve seen him associate with, seems he pays the most attention to Inoue-san along with the younger sister of the best soccer player in the history of Odaiba Junior High, Yagami Taichi-senpai. Her name is Yagami Hikari. She’s a first year.”

“That’s only because Koushirou-kun is good friends with Yagami-senpai.” the girl explained while the two changed out of their school shoes, after reaching their shoe-sized lockers. When done, they continued their walk. “Anyway, I don’t think he talks with her as much as he does Inoue-san, probably because she’s a first year. As for him always hanging around with Inoue-san, I just think the two are just really good friends.”

Both girls reached the big front doors of the school. “But what about her?” Joya questioned as she pushed open the double doors.

Jen could only shrug in response. “It doesn’t seem like it. Their relationship, if you’re an observer who didn’t know them too well, you would probably just assume that the two could be a possible couple, but then again, from the viewpoint of those who know them fairly well, would probably just say they’re just pretty good friends; maybe even the best of friends.”

“I wonder if anyone has ever insinuated it.”

“I doubt it; besides, don’t you think that all of the girls who are dropping hints that they’re interested in a relationship with him would stop pursuing him?”

“Well, some girls are a bit persistent. They could even be dating in secret for all we know.”

“Oh of course not,” Jen laughed. “Only you would come up with such a crazy idea.”

“I can’t help the way my imagination is,” she replied timidly.

“You know,” Jen began randomly, “I wonder why the gym doors were locked today for practice.”

“Good question. It was pretty strange, and the light coming from underneath the door was even stranger. That’s what Mari-chan said to me when she walked by there earlier.”

“I wonder if anyone else was in the gym.”

“Well, Kouhei-niisan, my cousin, mentioned to me before joining up with you for Volleyball practice that he saw Motomiya-kun from the soccer club and Ichijouji-kun heading towards there earlier when he was on his way to his band practice.

“The after school activities that are usually held in the gym hadn’t even started yet because of the testing of the first years for some weird reason, since the gym was closed. They don’t usually test them at this time of the year, but who knows what’s going on with the head of our school district.”

“Too bad they didn’t just send us home since the gym was closed.”

“I guess we’ll find out what happened Monday. One of the nosy girls of our class has to know something,” Jen laughed.

Right at that moment, the two heard a horn honk. They looked ahead, and parked on the street in front of the school was a girl very similar looking to Joya, only her hair was hanging down loosely to her shoulders, in a bright, yellow, Volkswagen Beetle. It was Joya’s older sister, Ariana. “Joya, come on, I have stuff to do.”

“Okay, okay, we’re coming,” Joya muttered irritably. With that, the young teens got into the car, and the young Ariana pulled off in a huff…
****
‘How dare she try to take Kawaii Koushi-kun from me,’ Meihui growled angrily while storming down the hall. ‘I’ll crash her entire program, and then we’ll see who’ll be going around saying, ‘bingo’ when she presents that to the club!’ Meihui’s demeanor changed back to that of pure ecstasy as a certain redhead came to mind once again. ‘Before I do that, I shall go see what my dear, sweet, Izumi-sama wants to ask me, as if I didn’t already know.’

With a giggle, she skipped merrily down the hallway towards the computer lab…
****
Meanwhile, Koushirou had already started up the game, and the sound was working okay thus far. The game also had the choice of playing in Japanese, or English. Koushirou chose English. As the game started, a character that resembled Miyako quite a bit was shown sitting in a bedroom on her bed reading a book. The character’s name was, apparently, “Miya”. As any typical RPG type game, one explores his or her surroundings. After finding a couple of important items, one of which being a Hawkmon card, he continued to investigate the room. After he felt he was done exploring the girly, stuffed-animal filled room (the stuffed animals resembling their Digimon friends), he led the character out and walked down some stairs located in front of it. When reaching the bottom step, a man wearing an apron, along with glasses, and dark hair walked over…

(Game Mode On)

Man: Miya, where are you going?

Miya: I’m going to the park, father. It is boring a lot here. I have to write a story for class, but ideas I don’t have. I have to do it for tomorrow.

Man: The park good place to get ideas. Come home at dinner.

Miya: Bye father.

(Game Mode Off)

Before leaving, Miya received an item. A pack of juice, which was obviously to be used to replenish health in battle for one’s Digimon. “Hmm, got to find the park,” Koushirou murmured in deep concentration.

He led the character out towards the front door of the home and began to walk down the street of her world. Koushirou ended up running into quite a few characters; most of the characters resembled their Digidestined friends, and a couple of people they went to school with. One character Koushirou ran into resembled the girl that Miyako had a lot of hostility towards, Meihui. The girl by the name of, “Ai”, was teasing Miya about not having her project finished, and how she was going to write a better story than her. Another character he ran into seemed to resemble Ken a whole lot. Once Miya found the park, the AI took over…
****
Outside in the hall, Meihui had finally made it to the computer lab. She was about to walk in, until she heard voices…
****
“So far, so good, Miyako-kun,” Koushirou complimented as he continued to play. “You even used a lot of kanji in here not typically used for these types of games, and that’s pretty impressive for a beginner. You’re already ready for your entrance exam and you still have another year to go here. People usually stick with plain old Hiragana or Katakana. As for the English, though a bit off with the dialect,” he noticed the look of dread on Miyako’s face, “it’s still understandable! Honest! It does make sense! I understand it fine! As for the Japanese, I’m sure it’s perfect, so I won’t bother playing it in Japanese.”

“A-arigatou gozaimasu, Izumi-senpai,” the girl blushed slightly, with a timid laugh, “but I didn’t use English for everything. There are some words I just don’t know any English for. I’m still learning it. I want to be completely prepared when I take my exams next year since English is normally on there.”
****
“‘A-arigatou gozaimasu, Izumi-senpai, but I didn’t use English for everything’,” Meihui mocked irritably. ‘What a-a-a, what’s that English term I learned…oh yeah, a suck up and why is she being so overly polite?! I’ve been trying to get his attention ever since I attended this school. Why I like him in that way, I don’t understand, or why I do so much, but I just hate it when other girls are around him, even though he doesn’t seem to notice them. But, with that Inoue brat, he’s very different.’ Fire formed in the girl’s dark, majestic eyes, and she bawled her right fist. ‘Inoue is my true rival! She’s the only girl I know of who can get his full attention, which means I must defeat her and get rid of my competition, and what better way to do that than to make her look dumb!’

Meihui sighed dejectedly. ‘That’s going to be hard to do since she’s so smart.’
****
“That’s okay; you’re using it for the majority anyway. The only things you aren’t using in English are the names of specific people or places.” He gave her a wink and a smile. “And don’t worry about the English. I understand it, but it still isn’t too great.”

“But I thought only speaking it was difficult for you.”

“Well, yeah, it is; reading and writing is okay,” he told her while reading the text on the computer screen, “and as I pointed out earlier, I do actually understand this.” He turned to face the girl standing behind him. “After we are done here would you like to get something to eat? We can go anyplace you would like for this job well done on this RPG of yours. I will even pay to show my appreciation.”
****
Meihui’s jaw was on the floor, her eyes bugged out, and her ability to breathe involuntarily, seemed to just stop on her. After the brief shock, and regaining her skill of breathing, the girl’s heart began to ache, and her anger and jealousy rose. ‘How could he ask her such a thing! That’s supposed to be me in there! She’s just a stupid second-year student, Izumi-sama, what about me!!’
****
“Yeah, okay,” Miyako agreed. She couldn’t turn down a free meal. “I could use something to eat. I’ve been here all evening.”

“I noticed how down you looked when I was passing by, as-as I mentioned earlier and just felt the need to just do something nice for you. I’m sure my mother can go this one night without my eating her cooking.” Koushirou decided to go back to the game, but mainly to keep himself from staring at Miyako. It was starting to make him feel a bit awkward. “Miya picks up the strange, metal device by her bench. All of a sudden, she notices that the wind is blowing unusually hard and fast. She stands up and looks towards the sky. A bright light shines down on her…” Koushirou continued to read aloud.

After reading that last line, Miyako shivered a bit. The room was growing a bit breezy. “Hey, wait…what’s going on!” The wind began to grow even stronger and more violent. “Where is that wind coming from?! All the windows are closed.”

Koushirou stood up abruptly, his chair falling over in the process. The entire room was shaking, and the computer he was using, was illuminating the room with a bright, blinding light.

“An earthquake?”

“This is not supposed to be happening!” Miyako shouted.

“Look at what the other computers are doing!”

The other computers seemed to be acting in the same fashion as the one with the RPG Koushirou had been running. With all the commotion going on, Meihui pulled the sliding door back, and rushed inside.

Koushirou heard the door, and looked towards the one who had entered. “Meihui-san, what are you doing here?”

“Izumi-sama,” she moved some of her long, black hair out of her face, “what’s going on?”

Before he could answer, Miyako screamed out for help. She was being sucked in towards the computer that Koushirou had been on. She tried her best to grab hold of anything nearby, but it showed to be unsuccessful. Koushirou, hearing her cries for help, hurried himself over and grabbed her hands. He tried his best to pull her away from the strange, powerful tunnel that was forming behind her.

“Hold on Miyako-kun!”

“Tasukete kudasai, Izumi-senpai!” the girl called out.

Meihui could only look on in slight disgust. She was quite annoyed over the fact that Miyako had gone through so much just to get Koushirou’s attention. ‘Please help me, Izumi-senpai,’ she rolled her eyes, ‘please! What’s with her asking for his help in such an extra polite way! I wouldn’t be surprised if she managed to set this up. She is smart,’ she sneered in pure jealousy. “Izumi-sama, save yourself! I’m sure she’ll be fine.”

Koushirou gave the girl a sour look and continued trying to pull the currently slipping girl away from the strange, bluish-white vortex.

“Izumi-sama,” her voice was now enchantingly sweet, which most boys found a very beautiful thing, “why don’t you---”

“Either help or leave,” Koushirou cantankerously cut across. “Miyako-kun is my friend, and I refuse to leave her behind!”

Meihui was taken aback by Koushirou’s aggressive tone towards her, feeling her heart fall slightly. The redhead usually remained calm, cool, and collected. It was very rare to see him lose his cool towards anyone. The girl sighed as she tied her long hair back. The wind was starting to grow unbearable in the classroom. She then shakily went up to the taller boy, and hesitantly held his waist. As she did this, she felt her face glowing beet red and her ears sizzling. She’d never had the opportunity to be so close to the boy.

“Thank you, Meihui-san,” she heard him say in his usual, polite manner. Her legs nearly gave way as they seemed to turn to that of jelly, but she kept her composure and listened to the boy’s instructions. “Pull!”

This went on for only a brief moment, as it didn’t show to be victorious. It was much too overwhelming for the two, which resulted in all three being pulled into the strange vortex...

Author’s Notes

Note 1: Okay, just thought I'd make a note about all the songs mentioned for this chapter, like I did for the previous one. I promise that after this chapter, you won’t have to suffer through these types of these author’s notes pertaining to music.

Target~Akai Shougeki~: This is the original Digimon Adventure 02 opening theme song by Wada Kouji.

Crash de Bingo: This is Miyako's image theme, which is pretty catchy, in my opinion. It is performed by Natsuki Rio, who is Miyako's seiyuu.

Dancin' on the Sky: This is Miyako's background music theme. There are two versions of it; the first version is a bit faster than the second.

Butter-Fly: This is the original Digimon Adventure opening, which was performed by Wada Kouji.

Digital Scratch: This is Koushirou's background music theme. For the record, aside from Takeru and Hikari, the Adventure kids didn't get a new bgm theme for 02. Anyway, like all of the kids, there are two versions of it. The first version is a bit slower and seemed to be used most whenever Koushirou was giving off information. Seems the second version was used whenever he was doing something worthwhile on the computer. One time that pops into mind, was when he was hacking into that hospital data base in Adventure to find the right medication for Hikari.

Brave Heart: This is the first evolution theme, which is used for regular evolution sequences. It is performed by Ayumi Miyazaki.

Dark Wing: This song by Shiozawa Kaneto is Devimon's theme. Shiozawa-sama voiced Devimon. May Shiozawa's soul rest in peace, as he was a very well-renowned voice actor, I feel. He did many voiceovers during the years. He died in May of 2000. If I recall correctly, he died from heart failure at the age of 54. Keep On: This song is performed by Maeda Ai (she was still going by this when releasing that single). This is the second Digimon Adventure ending, and it includes both Hikari and Tailmon (Angewomon) in the sequence.
***
Note 2: Giri Choco (Giri Chocolate), pretty much means “obligation” chocolate. In Japan, for Valentine’s, the girls give the guys chocolate candies. The type of chocolate given can vary, depending on the actual guy. Let’s say two people (guy and girl) are really good friends, and nothing more. In other words, the relationship is purely platonic. The girl may more than likely give him “giri choco” since he is just a friend. In the office, a lady may give Giri Choco to her male coworkers. Giri Chocolate is also usually store-bought, to my knowledge.

The other type of chocolate is “Honmei Choco”, and that’s the type that’s usually given to one’s love-interest or “sweetheart” or “crush”. The difference, is that this type is usually home-made, hence the name.
***
Note 3: White Day is the mirror of Valentine’s Day in Japan which falls on March 14. On this day, the guys give marshmallow candies or white chocolate candies to the girls who gave them chocolates on Valentine’s Day, hence the name “White Day”. Of course, other gifts can be given, but the marshmallow and white chocolate is what the holiday is most known for and what seems to be most associated with it.