Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digidreams Do Come True! ❯ The Dark Digimon, his Partner, and the Sorcerer! ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello again everyone. I just thought I'd warn you that this chapter is pretty lengthy since it involves where more of the kids ended up: Takeru, Hikari, Daisuke; Yamato and Jou; Ken and Miyako; Meihui. I just wanted to hurry and get more of the characters out of the way.
 
Now, as always, I do not own anything dealing with Digimon.
 
Chapter 14: “?????????? ??????????????????!”
Izumi-sama, doko desuka? Warui no Dejimontachi kara tasukete kudasai!”
Izumi-sama, where are you? Please save me from the bad Digimon!” The Dark Digimon, his Partner, and the Sorcerer!
 
Takeru gave out a small moan while lying on something grainy. He determined it to be sand. Salty sea air also tickled his nose, which just confused him even more over what had happened or why he was currently hearing the crashing waves of the ocean.
 
Curious as to where he was, he opened his eyes slowly, his vision a bit blurred. After opening them completely, he noticed that two people, around his age, staring down at him with concerned looks.
 
“Good, you finally woke up,” the short-haired girl with the whistle around her neck breathed out in relief.
 
“Are you okay?” the spiky-haired boy beside her asked.
 
Takeru sat up, and rubbed his eyes to get a better look at the two who had been watching over him. “Hikari-chan? Daisuke-kun?” He stood up and noticed his change. “What happened? I thought my shrinking was all just some weird dream!”
 
The other two could only shrug in response; they were just as lost. Takeru was smaller than both Daisuke and Hikari, which was a bit annoying for him since he'd grown used of being the tallest of them. He felt like he was eight all over again, when he'd first met Hikari, since he was currently smaller than her. “Daisuke-kun and I haven't been awake for long, but it seems like we've been knocked out here a good while. It's almost night time,” Hikari explained. “That aside, we have to figure out where we are, and what's going on.”
 
“I want to know why we're a bunch of kids!” Daisuke muttered hysterically.
 
Takeru felt his head, realizing that a hat was resting atop his head. He'd entered the world without it, so how did it get back? He removed it and stared at it wide-eyed as he noticed the rest of his familiar dark green attire. “This hat...my clothes, this is what I wore to summer camp all those years ago when we first met our Digimon.”
 
“Yeah, we've noticed. I'm wearing the same thing too. I even have my whistle that I gave to Tailmon when we had to leave the Digital World the first time,” she pointed to the metal object hanging around her neck. “Daisuke-kun, though, isn't wearing his Digital World clothes or the goggles oniichan gave him.”
 
Daisuke thought for a moment, when it came to him. “I think I know what these clothes are. These are the same exact ones I was wearing when Vamdemon attacked Odaiba. He had my sister, parents, and me captive at the convention center five years ago when searching for some child!”
 
“How could you remember something like that?” Hikari asked.
 
“It was really scary when it happened, so maybe that's why. Right now, it's like it just happened yesterday, that's how well I'm remembering it.” Daisuke looked out at the ocean as the sun set on the horizon, and then back to his friends. “Do you think we're back in the Digital World?”
 
“But we don't normally age backwards whenever we come to the Digital World,” Takeru pointed out bitterly, still a bit bothered that he was a “shrimp” again.
 
“We were obviously forced back here, Takeru-kun. I think Daisuke-kun might be right as to where we are. Maybe this is some type of a side effect since we haven't been allowed in the Digital World for so long.”
 
“Maybe you're right, Hikari-chan. It makes sense.”
 
“That's all I can come up with.”
 
“Getting here was a bit weird. I was in the gym, and then got pulled into this cyclone thing from the basketball hoop. Oh no!!”
 
“What's wrong?” Takeru and Hikari asked in unison.
 
“Ichijouji was with me! We have to find him!”
 
“That's strange, the same thing happened to Hikari-chan and me. We were on our way back to school when some tornado came down and sucked us right into it. Ichijouji-kun has to be close by since we ended up together.”
 
“But Takeru-kun, it's almost dark. It's late evening; we can't go looking around if we don't know where we're going and the only place for us to go is through that jungle like area back there that Daisuke-kun and I woke up near. It's like we're on a deserted, tropical island.”
 
“We can't just stand around here!” Daisuke argued.
 
“Let's just think of something to do first,” Takeru intervened calmly.
 
“We may have to camp out here or something.”
 
Daisuke grumbled and crossed his arm. He wanted to leave right then and there, but, realized he was outnumbered, and that Hikari was right. It was getting too dark to go scouting around.
 
“Takeru-kun, did a part of your chest glow in the shape of your old crest on your way here?”
 
“Yeah, did the same thing happen for you?”
 
She nodded. “It's very weird. I just don't understand it.”
 
“I know this is going to sound a bit strange, but the same thing happened to me.” Takeru and Hikari both gave the currently goggle-less boy looks of skepticism. “No no, it's true!” he adamantly insisted. “It did the same thing as you guys', but the shape it formed was different. It had the shape of the symbol I saw on that Golden Digimental I activated so that V-mon could armor evolve to Magnamon.”
 
“That settles it then,” Takeru slipped his green cap back onto his round head, “we must be back in the Digital World.”
 
“I guess we are, but what can we actually do here? We don't even know what part of the Digital World we're in. I've never been here…I don't think.” Hikari looked out at the ocean, the waves crashing serenely. `Could this be the Dark Ocean, only in the light? Could we have ended up back here?'
 
“Neither have I.”
 
“Let's swim across the ocean!” Daisuke suggested, more energetic than ever. “Maybe we'll meet up with Whamon!”
 
“What are the chances of us running into the same Whamon?” Hikari asked in surprise. She couldn't believe the naïve boy could seriously suggest doing such a thing.
 
Daisuke scratched his head. “I don't know; I was just trying to think of something so we can get some help and that's the first thing I could think of.”
 
“I wonder what my big brother would do if he were here,” Takeru thought out aloud.
 
“Hey, I just thought of something. If we're in the Digital World, where are our Digimon?”
 
Takeru and Hikari shook their heads, also finding it strange that they hadn't encountered their friends.
 
“You know, I haven't seen any Digimon since we've been here,” Hikari noticed.
 
Something caught Takeru's eye. He looked towards the jungle, seeing a small, white figure coming towards them. “Hey, look-it; someone's coming.”
 
The figure rushed right up to the three, and tackled Hikari, giving her a big hug. “I knew you'd come!” the feline Digimon joyously greeted, “I just knew you would! You said we would meet again, and we did!”
 
“T-Tailmon! It's so wonderful to see you again!”
 
“I was on my way here to catch some dinner, when I noticed you three here. I was actually planning to attack you, until I saw the whistle.”
 
“I'm still trying to figure out how I have it, if I originally gave it to you after our first adventure here.”
 
Tailmon looked up at the three, a bit puzzled. “Hikari, how come the three of you look smaller than I remember?”
 
“We don't know. We just woke up this way after getting here.”
 
“Tailmon, do you have any idea why we're here, and where Patamon is?”
 
“Yeah, and V-mon too.”
 
“I don't know where those two are. I haven't seen them for a good while now.”
 
“Hikari-chan, I just realized something! You were right and I think I just figured something out.”
 
“What was I right about?”
 
“Remember what you were saying before we ended up being forced through that gate?” She could only shake her head, as she was still a bit awestricken over their current predicament. “Well, you said that you sensed we were going to be a little different if we ever saw our Digimon again and we're all younger. We, somehow, aged backwards by at least five years because of what we're wearing and the stuff Daisuke-kun mentioned about Vamdemon when he was in search of the eighth child, was five years ago.”
 
“Didn't Hikari-chan say something like that before we left the Digital World about two years ago; about how we were going to see them again?”
 
Tailmon nodded.
 
“So this is what she meant! Hikari-chan was sensing it even then! She sure is incredible when it comes to sensing stuff!”
 
“Tailmon, has anything happened in the Digital World lately that we should know about?”
 
“You could say that. Quite a few things have been going on around here lately. There are rumors of a Digimon trying to take over this world again, and to do so, his henchmen have been invading, and trying to conquer over different parts of the Digital World for this guy. No one seems to know who is behind it, even Tentomon who is usually on top of things like that.
 
“We Digimon decided to stay in an area each, to try and help protect it, just like how Agumon and the others did a few years ago when the Digimon Kaiser was still in power and constantly sent out his controlled Digimon. Not sure if the rumors are true that we're about to enter another dark time, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. We usually get along fine here; for a Digimon to just randomly attack an area, and not showing any signs of being controlled is just unusual and unnatural, unless it's dealing with territorial issues between two opposing Digimon, but this isn't the case. These Digimon are literally invading and killing any Digimon within their path.”
 
“Aww, Tailmon. That's terrible!!” Hikari's eyes glistened, as she hugged her partner. “Don't worry; we're here now.”
 
“A lot of good that's doing,” Daisuke stubbornly muttered, “we still don't know what we're supposed to be doing or why we're here.”
 
“We have to stop those guys from hurting innocent Digimon,” Takeru said with determination, “and we have to find out what they want to do to the Digital World, and to find Ichijouji-kun.”
 
“That's the spirit.” Tailmon was grateful that the kids were so anxious to help.
 
“Tailmon, how come there are no Digimon around here?”
 
“Most have taken refuge, or currently hiding right now. It's sad how the Digimon around here have to keep them selves hidden just in case there's an enemy attack. Most of the Digimon around here are very low levels.”
 
“If they're low levels, how come they're not at the nursery (Primary Village) for Elecmon to take care of? It was fun helping him out.”
 
“Once the Digimon reach a certain level, they go off on their own. The ones around here are still very young; Baby II (In-training). You'll probably see some of them later.”
 
“Tailmon, do you know where Patamon is so that we can go to him?”
 
“And what about V-mon?”
 
“No, not really,” she told them once again. “Those two could be anywhere, but we could try looking for them. They seem to goof off a lot. Both should try to be more responsible, like Hawkmon or Tentomon.”
 
“Yay, I get to see Patamon again!” Takeru cheered.
 
“Whoo-hoo! I'm going to get to see V-mon!” Daisuke jumped around.
 
“We must wait a while before even consider going, though. It's getting late, and you three must be hungry or tired.”
 
“No way, we're fine!” Daisuke's stomach growled. “Well, a small bite to eat wouldn't hurt.”
 
“I refuse to lead you three anyplace until you've eaten and rested. It'll also be easier to navigate when it's lighter out. It's easy to get lost in this area if you're not native to it. We'll head off first thing in the morning.”
 
“So we're camping out?”
 
“Yeah, it's for the best. I have a small hut that's not too far from here. We can make you up some beds so that you can rest, and I can get you something to eat. Hope you don't mind fish, pineapple, coconut, banana, and other tropical fruits.”
 
“Sounds good to me,” Takeru spoke up. “I can't wait.”
 
“Is there anything we can do to help?”
 
“When we get back, Hikari, maybe Daisuke and Takeru can help with bringing in firewood, while you and I prepare the meal.”
 
The three nodded, and followed the feline back into the tropical forest to prepare to eat, swap stories (Daisuke and Takeru especially, since they were anxious to see their Digimon partners), and rest...
****
In another part of the Digital World, in a woodsy area two boys were running for their lives. Running was a bit difficult for the two since their clothing was a bit too big for them, and running around nude, wasn't even considered an option. The two did have their height to make up for it, but the blue-haired boy's khaki pants and the spiky blonde-haired boy's dark jeans, were still a bit too long. Lucky for them, they didn't seem to have any trouble with their shoes. They, miraculously, fit, as they were the same exact ones they'd worn years earlier when traveling the Digital World before.
 
“This...can't...be...happening,” the 12-year-old boy managed to get out between breaths, incredibly tired since he had a dark-blue duffle bag hanging off his skinny shoulder.
 
“Don't talk, Jou,” the 11-year-old blonde instructed, “just keep running!”
 
“Who says I'm going to stop!!”
 
Jou and Yamato, just like with the others, had aged backwards to the ages they were in 1999 when they first met their Digimon partners. At the moment, both were being pursued by a small, round-shaped Digimon in a mask, who carried a small sword known as a ninja-ken, and was constantly tossing shuriken (throwing stars) at the two. Fortunately for them, he consistently missed.
 
“Come back here!” the Digimon commanded, as he leapt from tree to tree. “My superior would probably be very pleased to meet you!”
 
“What kind of a Digimon is that anyway? I've never seen one like it before.”
 
“Do we really have to stick around to find out?” Jou huffed.
 
“Not necessarily...”
****
(Digi-Analyzer On)
 
Hawkmon: This is Igamon, a vaccine type who doesn't take too kindly to strangers. He is a skilled martial artist, who is an expert in the art of ninjutsu, specializing in Iga-style methods of Shurikenjutsu and Kenjutsu. It's usually very difficult to catch Igamon in action, as he uses the shadows for cover...which makes fighting him, quite the challenge, which I learned pretty well...
 
(Digi-Analyzer Off)
****
“Hayaku, Yamato-kun! We've almost escaped him.”
 
Yamato quickly glanced back, and realized Jou was right. They were way ahead of Igamon; as a matter of fact, they couldn't even see him anymore. Feeling that it was okay, the two stopped running to rest a bit before starting off again.
 
Jou wiped some beads of sweat from his brow. “That was a close one.”
 
“You were saying?” they heard a voice chuckle darkly.
 
“Please don't tell me that's who I think it is,” Jou muttered, more depressed than what he currently was.
 
“Oh no, it's that Igamon guy again.”
 
Jou took off in a sprint. “I told you not to tell me!”
 
Yamato took off right behind him. “It's getting dark out here; if we don't do something fast, we'll just fall into one of his traps! I'm sure he knows this area better than we do.”
 
“Keep on running!” Igamon was now chasing them on foot, a smirk on his round face. “Please, just go on and run into my traps.”
 
“Did...he...just...say...”
 
“...his...traps?” Jou gasped while trying to get some more air.
 
Before the two could do or say anything more, Igamon leapt into a nearby tree, and threw out two shuriken.
 
“Haha, look at that, Jou! He missed us!”
 
“Something's not right, Yamato. He missed us by far too m---”
 
Before Jou could finish, a cage fell right on top of them.
 
“---uch.”
 
“Surprise!” Igamon laughed.
 
“Damn, we're trapped.”
 
“I knew it,” Jou groaned. “I knew something wasn't quite right. It was set up from the beginning. He used those shuriken of his to cut the ropes holding this cage in place, more than likely, which is why with those final two, he seemed to be entirely off. He intentionally led us here and was constantly missing us on purpose so that we'd fall into his trap.
 
“I wouldn't be surprised, if this wasn't the only trap here.”
 
“Very good, though not completely correct,” Igamon clapped, as he jumped down in front of the cage. “These woods are mine, and it's a good way to keep out trespassers. I figured I'd had fun with you long enough; I didn't want you to get seriously injured since my more dangerous traps are up ahead. It would ruin my fun of killing you. I kept missing for the reason you mentioned, but it was also the only way to keep you from some of the other traps I have set up around that could kill you.
 
“For Digimon, they'll just get injured, but your human flesh more than likely wouldn't be able to take it.”
 
“Excuse me, but why do you want to hurt us?” Yamato asked curiously.
 
“Oh no you don't!” Igamon warned, pointing an accusatory finger at the boy. “I am not going to fall for any of your tricks! I am a skilled ninja, and we shinobi do not fall for stuff like that!”
 
“Fall for what?! We didn't do anything!”
 
Igamon ignored the blonde's pleas, and whistled. A couple of the big trees nearby began to move. Yamato stared at them malevolently and growled, “Jureimon...”
 
He recalled the incident where he'd encountered a Jureimon (Cherrymon) before. It was when he and his friends were fighting against the Dark Masters. That particular Jureimon, who worked for the Dark Master, Pinocchimon (Puppetmon), had manipulated him into thinking that Taichi was his true enemy. Due to this, Taichi, as well as his Digimon, could have been killed because of his being so weak-minded to fall for such trickery.
 
“Nice to see that you know your Digimon. Now, I want you two to take them back to my large home; I have plans for these two.”
 
“This is just great,” Jou groaned. “We've been conscious here for probably less than five minutes, and we're already in some kind of trouble.”
 
“You two, hold on a moment. I want to make a quick call first.” The Jureimon nodded, and stood their ground.
 
“Wait, don't Jou and I get to make a call?”
 
He pulled out a mobile phone. “Now why would I go and let you do something like that for?”
 
He dialed the phone and walked off a slight ways. Both Jou and Yamato tried their bests to listen in on the conversation, but Igamon was being much too private.
***
(Phone Convo Start)
 
Igamon: Hello sir, I caught two of those kids you mentioned that would be appearing in our world. I was out doing a few training exercises, when I noticed some figures walking around nearby. I then went after them stealthily and caught them just like that. I'm about to return to my home now.
 
Boss: Very good. So far, three have been found and caught to my knowledge. The two you found, and the one that Ebemon is holding captive. I know that Angellina is doing all she can to stop me, and those children are the key. I've made them more vulnerable for you, and I want you to dispose of them as soon as possible!
 
Igamon: Yes sir!
 
Boss: Do not disappoint me, Igamon, or I'll see to your death personally.
 
Igamon: (Gulped) Y-yes s-sir. I would never disobey you, sir!
 
Boss: Carry out your orders, and I'll see to it that you are properly rewarded. I do know of your wanting to start up your own clan?
 
Igamon: Yes, sir.
 
Boss: It shall be done. Once we're done with this world, I plan on entering the human world, although, I cannot in my current state just yet due to some unfortunate technicalities caused by those children, Gennai, and the guardians, but the time grows near. Even if I don't finish with this world, I'll definitely be going to the human world. You can start up a clan there. Their world has so much more things to offer, as opposed to our world.
 
Igamon: Sir, if you don't mind my asking, what's so important about these human children that we have to actually kill them? The two I have here seem pretty harmless to me. They aren't even worthy enough for me to actually fight against in mortal combat to the death.
 
Boss: They possess an unusual power, and if that power is released, it'll ruin my plans to conquer their world as well as taking over this one. Now, go do as you were instructed.
 
Igamon: Yes, sir. Is there any particular way you want them killed?
 
Boss: You can do whatever you want with them. Cut out their hearts, and toss their useless carcasses into the fiery pits in the new Fiery Hot Springs, where all those Fire Reptile Digimon hang around for all I care.
 
Igamon: Yes sir! I shall not disappoint you, sir!
 
(Phone Convo End)
***
Igamon hanged up the phone, and made his way back to his two victims. He gave the two a bit of a sneer. “Well, it seems that I get to rip out your hearts and burn your bodies.” The two boys' face went a bit chalky after hearing such a gruesome thing. Igamon couldn't help but laugh at their expressions. “I tried to persuade my boss for me to let you go, but he wants me to kill you,” he joked mockingly. “I wouldn't worry if I were you, though, since I have plans for you two.”
 
Igamon turned to the Jureimon, and ordered them to carry the cage back to his place. They started off, Igamon leading the way, but fortunately for Jou and Yamato, nearby, a Digimon friend had witnessed nearly the entire event. He was out on patrol and disabling most of Igamon's traps. Luckily, Igamon never seemed to notice. His main flaw was that he never rechecked them after setting them. The cage that had trapped Jou and Yamato was just luck on Igamon's part.
 
`What does Igamon want with them? I hope that those rumors aren't entirely true. I hope that Igamon isn't one of the henchmen working for whoever is responsible for the attacks.' He sighed. `Igamon has to be. I couldn't catch all that he said while on the phone, but the looks on Jou and Yamato's faces say otherwise.
 
`I can't fight Igamon alone. Who knows what type of security he has at that newly conquered castle of his. I must go find help. I just hope some of my Digimon allies are around.'
 
With that, the Digimon rushed off in hopes of finding someone to help him free the captured humans...
****
“Oh dear,” the being uttered, while monitoring the children through her crystal orb. “This isn't going as smoothly as I'd planned.”
 
“I knew something was going to happen! Two of them have already gotten themselves into trouble!”
 
“I know, but that Digimon who saw everything is on his way to get help. He will succeed. Death is not in the future of these children.”
 
“You don't think that he knows of the other children's where-a-bouts, do you? It's obvious he knows of the ones named Jou-san and Yamato-san.”
 
“Let's hope not. Those two will have to beat Igamon and his lackeys in some way, and restore peace to that area. Let's just hope that they'll be able to.”
 
Hope!?! You're basing their very lives on hope!!”
 
“It's just an expression; besides, I know they'll be safe. I haven't had any visions of any of them dying. Igamon infiltrated that area and either killed or ran most of the Digimon who once resided there, out. The area is pretty close to one of the Digimon who protects it, but there is no way he can do so all alone. He still goes there, though, to diffuse all of Igamon's traps, which is no easy task. One must be extremely careful when doing so.”
 
“Hmm, I see another child here. Looks like a girl and she seems to be lost. Who exactly is she?”
 
“This is the one that we'll be meeting up with soon.”
 
“What's her name?”
 
“I'm not entirely sure, but we will learn of this later on. That child, right now, is the safest amongst all of them, since she technically has no direct connection to all that's going on. Our enemy probably doesn't even know of her existence since she's not even a Chosen Child.
 
“Now, let us keep watch over the others. They're in for quite an adventure...”
****
Miyako had been wandering around aimlessly for a good while, late evening approaching. She was quite lost as to everything that had gone on, and had no idea where she was or why her mobile phone couldn't get any type of a signal. The sky was a murky yellow, and she was walking through woods on a faint, dirt path leading through it, but she had still managed to get herself lost, as it was growing darker. The only thing she had determined, in spite of herself, was that she was wearing the same clothes she had worn when she witnessed the battle over the net with Diablomon, yet, she was physically nine years old. When she witnessed the internet battle, she was nearly ten.
 
“Izumi-senpai,” Miyako called out in frustration, “where are you!!”
 
Miyako gave off a discouraged sigh. She'd been searching for Koushirou for what seemed like hours, even though it'd only been about 45 minutes. So far, she hadn't come in contact with neither him nor anyone else, for that matter.
 
`Oh, I can't find him anywhere! Where could he be?' The girl noticed something up ahead and squinted to get a better look. From where she was, she noticed a building with smoke-stacks. `Is that...a factory? Maybe someone there could help me, but it looks like a really long walk. No matter, I have to get there, no matter how tired and hungry I am right now for the sake of Izumi-senpai!'
 
The girl took off in a brisk walk, and began to quicken her pace, but by doing so, she didn't watch where she was going. She ended up tripping over something, which caused her glasses to fly off. She felt around for her glasses, and slipped them back on, curious as to what had caused her to fall. She gasped when she saw that the object was actually a small person.
 
Miyako rushed over and shook the dark haired boy gingerly. “Are you okay?”
 
It was a dark-short-haired boy, wearing a white-dress shirt, dark blue dress-pants, and looked to be close to her age. She shook the boy some more, growing a bit worried. She wasn't sure how the boy had gotten there at all. Had he been knocked unconscious, or was he just a really deep sleeper?
 
“Excuse me, hello?”
 
The boy started to stir as he looked towards the owner of the voice. He saw a young lavender-haired girl kneeled by him.
 
“Hi,” he automatically responded, his vision still a bit blurry. He looked at the girl, a perplexed expression on his handsome, narrow face. “Who are you?”
 
“Shouldn't I be asking you that question?”
 
“But I asked first.”
 
Miyako didn't answer him, as she began to study his face. “You look familiar to me.”
 
“My vision is still a little blurry,” he blinked and rubbed his eyes.
 
“Are you sure you're okay? You were completely out when I found you.”
 
His vision completely clear, he stared at the girl, and smiled gratefully. “Miyako-san!”
 
“How do you know me?” she questioned him cautiously.
 
The boy stood up. “What do you mean? Don't you recognize me?” Miyako shook her head with bit of uncertainty. It was like she recognized him, but at the same time, not. “Wait a minute...what happened to my body? I'm smaller, and I wasn't wearing these clothes earlier. These are the kinds of clothes I wore as a kid. My mother always made me wear them.”
 
“Wait a minute, who exactly are you and how do you know me?”
 
“Do I really look that different? It's me, Ken; Ichijouji Ken.”
 
“Ken-kun?” He nodded. “W-wow. I'm sorry, I really didn't recognize you. Your hair and everything is different. I guess I'm just used of the tall, long-haired Ken instead of a small, short-haired Ken.”
 
“That's okay. It took me a while to recognize you too, until I noticed your glasses and your exotic hair. What I mainly want to know is why I'm younger. I feel like I might be eight or nine.”
 
“So you were forced here too?”
 
Ken nodded, as the two of them began to explain their stories on how they arrived in the Digital World, and how her phone couldn't pick up a signal.
 
“So you say you were with Daisuke?”
 
“He was in the gym shooting hoops after school since no club was using it, I guess.”
 
“Basketball? Seems he would go and kick a soccer ball around before even touching a basketball. Why was he there anyway?”
 
“His Hikari-san problem.”
 
“Did you find out what was bothering him?”
 
“Yeah; he's upset because Hikari-san is unintentionally ignoring and rejecting him. I guess he prefers direct rejection.”
 
“I guess so...”
 
“So, you were with Koushirou-san.”
 
“Yeah, but I can't seem to find him anyplace.”
 
“We could always look for them together, Koushirou-san and Daisuke.”
 
“I saw a building a long ways from here,” she pointed northwards. “I'm sure if we get there, someone could help us find our friends.”
 
“I don't think we can make it before nightfall, Miyako-san.”
 
“I don't think we will either, but we can at least try to get as far as we can before the sun sets and I guess if we don't make it before then...” she shuddered, “...we'll have to camp out. I hate camping.”
 
“At least we have these trees around; some may have edible fruits on them for us to eat, and I'm sure we can find some water around here.”
 
The two commenced their walk. “Yeah, I guess so, but I still hate camping. I like my warm, comfy bed more.”
 
“I know this may sound a bit strange, but even though my body is younger, I still feel like my present-day self.”
 
“It's not all that strange because I feel the same exact way.”
 
“Do you have any idea exactly where we are?”
 
“I'm not too sure. I was thinking about that for a good while before bumping into you when I was trying to call for help. I'm wondering if we were brought back to the Digital World.”
 
“Could we really be back?”
 
“I think so, but I haven't seen Hawkmon or any other Digimon since I've been here.”
 
“Maybe they are in the building we're heading towards and maybe Wormmon is there too!”
 
Miyako clapped her hands. “Bingo! Maybe we'll find Hawkmon too!”
 
“Yeah, let's go find our Digimon partners and our friends!” Ken obliviously grabbed Miyako's hand, and began to pull her along. Miyako couldn't help but slightly blush as Ken did this, but neither objected to the handhold and neither let go...
****
A dark-spirited Digimon, wearing a hooded robe (which always kept his face hidden, though, he couldn't hide the horns protruding from the sides of his head) sat on the throne of his newly conquered castle, staring down at his unwilling guest. The one to stand before him was a pretty, black-haired girl, who looked quite frightened of the robed creature, who seemed to have pure evil, purplish blue eyes. He pretty much ran things (it seemed obvious that he did, anyway, to the girl), and two of his minions had discovered her in the area, and brought her to him.
 
“You must not be important to Angellina or the guardians if you were brought here,” he stated, his deep voice rumbling.
 
“I don't know what you're talking about! I don't even know where I am! I want to go home!” the girl cried. `Things like this never happen whenever I visit my grandparents in Hong Kong! I wish I was there now!'
 
“Silence!!! You were brought before me obviously for some kind of a reason.” He chuckled a bit. “I just may use that to my full advantage.”
 
“P-please, do not hurt me. Please spare me, Mister, um...um...what are you anyway?”
 
“Hmm, so the Candmon who discovered you speak the truth.” The Digimon rubbed what appeared to be his chin. The shadows hid his face so discreetly; it was most difficult to make out. Only his eyes seemed to stand out. “This human really doesn't know of our existence. I'm a Digimon.”
 
“A Digimon?” the girl blinked. `Digimon are real? This isn't just some made up thing by Inoue?' She grew hysterical; she didn't want to accept such a thing. “I know, this is all just a very bad dream. Yeah, that's it! None of this is real! Digimon aren't real! Digimon can't be real! Digimon is just some stupid thing she made up to better her chances with him, and to complete her quest to take him away from me!” She gave off an uneasy laugh, as she continued to try her best to convince herself that she was just having a really bad nightmare. She then pointed to the creature. “You are not real!”
 
“You dare doubt the existence of me, and those like me?!” He stood; compared to the petite girl, he was huge. He raised his hand, and formed what looked to be a miniature fireball within it. He then launched the attack towards the wall behind the girl, who had gone pale with fright from the display. “Do you still doubt our existence?” he growled at her.
 
“N-n-no, s-s-sir,” she managed to get out. “I believe in Digimon, but what do you want with me?” She was literally crying now. “I haven't done anything.”
 
“My Candmon found you---”
 
The young girl's mind wandered after hearing the name “Candmon”, recalling how she was caught and brought before this strange Digimon in the first place...
****
A young girl awoke, curious as to where she was. “Where...am I...” She stood and studied her surroundings. There were a lot of trees and bushes neighboring her, and it seemed to be growing late. The last place she wanted to be was woods, so she started to walk. As she walked, she came to a cemented path, and at the end of the path, was a huge, dark castle. `I know, I'll go there for help.'
 
As she grew closer and closer to her destination, she noticed that it grew even darker, which seemed unnatural. “Um, hello? Is anybody here?” she called out as she walked. “Can somebody help me find my way back home?”
 
When she didn't receive an answer, she continued her casual-paced walk, until she thought she heard some rustling in the bushes nearby. Anxious, she turned to see what it was, but saw nothing. “It's probably just a bird, or something,” she told herself in relief. She heard the noise again, accompanied by a small giggle. “I-it was probably j-just the wind.” Her walk grew more brisk, as she was growing more and more paranoid.
 
About another moment later, she noticed a faint glow coming from one of the bushes she was currently passing. Her curiosity getting the better of her, she went over to inspect it. “Hm?” There were candle-filled holders just sitting there. “Who would leave lit candles by a bush?” the girl asked, bewildered. “Leaving those there could catch this entire place on fire.” She picked one up. “Well, at least it'll help me to see better since it's getting darker.”
 
She didn't hold the candle for long, as she screamed. The candle had arms, eyes, nose, and a mouth; the most distressing part, though, was the fact that the thing had spoken to her.
 
Put me down!”
 
She dropped it. “You-you t-t-talked,” she pointed shakily as she backed away.
 
You must be one of those kids our master warned us will be coming here, and wants dead.”
 
No, I don't know what you're talking about.”
 
The candle called out for some other friends of his. More and more of the candle like creatures appeared, and formed a circle around her. The distraught girl didn't know what to do. She really couldn't run past them, or else she'd get burned.
 
After all of the candle monsters had appeared, they grew about three times their original size. They were just as big as she was. The candle-like creatures weren't really small at all; they only used it as a cover.
 
Wh-what the heck are you creatures?!”
 
One of the candles answered, “Bokutachi Dejimon (We're Digimon)!”
 
Digimon?” She shook her head. “No! There are no such things as Digimon! They're only a figment of Inoue's warped imagination!”
 
The Digimon looked at her, quite offended. Before the girl knew it, they were launching fireballs at her feet from the burning wicks atop their waxy heads. She tried her best to evade them, which wasn't quite easy, since she wasn't the athletic type. She looked to be dancing.
****
(Digi-Analyzer On)
 
Head Candle: We are known as Candmon, we don't like nosy strangers, especially those who are a threat to our leader. Anyone who interferes with his plans, faces the consequences when we use our Bonfire attack!
 
(Digi-Analyzer Off)
****
The Candmon stopped launching attacks, while the girl rubbed her temples, completely stressed out. She just couldn't believe what was going on. “What do you want with me?”
 
Since you're a human, to kill you,” one of the other Candmon said. The other ones nodded in agreement, wicked smirks etched across their waxy faces.
 
Okay Candmon,” the leader commanded, “attack now!! Bonfire!!”
 
No, wait,” the second Candmon who had answered the girl earlier interrupted.
 
Cease fire, mon. What is it?”
 
Why not take her to our leader? There has to be a reason for her being in this area. Besides, don't you find it a little strange that she doesn't know of Digimon? She seems clueless of them, especially with that stupid remark she made about us being someone's imaginary friends, or whatever it was.”
 
You bring up a very good point. I'll take her there personally.” The head Candmon, the one she'd originally mistook for a candle and had picked up, ordered a few to stay with him, and to help him get her up to the castle, so that their “master can take care of her”. She didn't like the sound of that, and didn't know whether to be happy or upset.
 
The Candmon stayed behind her, ordering her to move faster. She knew not to disobey them, since they had a big flame going and threatened to burn her if she tried anything. Tears streamed down her face. `What did I do to deserve this?' she quietly sobbed.
 
After reaching the Transylvania-like castle, and being let in by some Digimon, she didn't get a good look at, the other Candmon dispersed, except for the head one. He led her to a closed room, which, she assumed, to be the throne room. The Candmon ordered her to stay by the door, and to not “try anything stupid, like running away”, before pushing the door open, and hopping inside. She knew that it would be pointless to try running, since another one of those “Digimon creatures” was guarding her, who was huge, muscular, and had three heads. The Candmon had referred to this big, blue Digimon as “Deltamon”.
 
The girl just stood there petrified, tuning out any threat the Deltamon probably gave her. Her heart was pounding so hard, that she felt it would jump right out of her chest, or either die of a heart attack, one from all of trauma she was experiencing. A short moment later, the Candmon returned, and escorted her to his leader who was sitting in a darkly-lit room…
****
“My Candmon brought you before me, but you are no threat to me, which means, I don't have to kill you off.”
 
“K-kill me?”
 
“I'll just find something more interesting to do with you. I could even use you against them.”
 
“A-against them?”
 
“Yes, of course. I will use you to help capture them.”
 
“B-but what if I don't want to get `them'?”
 
Expecting the Digimon to yell or do something worse to her for asking such a defying question, he, surprisingly, replied calmly, “Nice of you to ask that. I shall give you a direct example.”
 
He rose slowly from his seat, his eyes glowing in excitement. He called for another Digimon, but the girl couldn't catch the name quite well. A Digimon entered the room, which looked to be extremely strong. He resembled a Samurai to the girl. At his side, was what looked to be a young, handsome brown-haired man, in an off-white hooded robe, with a glossed over look.
 
“This is my second in command,” the dark Digimon explained, “and he's aiding me in my pursuit.”
 
“That man...what's wrong with him?” He hadn't reacted at all since he was brought in.
 
“He defied and went against me, so now he's paying the ultimate price,” the second-in-command explained. “He has no control over his mind.”
 
“Does that answer your question?”
 
The girl couldn't utter a single word, and just nodded shakily. The man looked so deathly, that his eyes were pale, yet, she could sense that the man wanted free of such treachery and his current mind entrapment.
 
“I now see that I have your undivided attention,” he noted, as he returned to his seat.
 
“H-h-how did you do that?” she squeaked, currently having a difficult time finding her voice.
 
“It is a very simple procedure, but that's not of any importance to you, human,” the armored Digimon snapped at her.
 
“Now, as I was saying earlier, you will help me to get them.”
 
Scared to rebel against him, she meekly spoke up. “Exactly whom are you referring to?”
 
“Those you entered our world with.”
 
“Inoue Miyako?”
 
“Yes, that's one of them.” After hearing the name, her face scrunched up in a bit of extreme jealousy. “So the one with the Digimon partner, Hawkmon, angers you? We shall definitely use that to our advantage.”
 
“It seems so, sir,” his colleague laughed.
 
“That Inoue,” the girl growled, both her fists bawled, “I'll get her! It's all her fault that I'm here, and it's her fault that I'm separated from my Kawaii Koushi-kun!”
 
“Good, then you will have no problem killing her for our cause.”
 
“K-kill her? I can't do that! Sure she may have the one thing I've been after for the past two years, but I don't want to rid myself of the competition through actually killing her.”
 
“We are not asking you to kill her, we are telling you to! There is no room for negotiation!” he yelled, his voice echoing throughout the room.
 
Growing a bit more of a backbone, she defied him once more. “I am sorry,” she puffed out her chest, and stood up tall, “but I am not going to do something like that. I don't believe in killing.”
 
“Sir, it seems she won't listen to us. Looks like we'll have to use the same method we used on Gennai here.” He pushed him to the floor roughly, which caused him to groan in slight pain.
 
`Gennai? This man is named Gennai?'
 
“I suppose so. I was hoping that we wouldn't have to, but I abhor disobedience.” He glared down at Gennai. “Get up you pathetic excuse of a creature! Go and fetch me my sorcerer!”
 
Gennai stood up slowly, and nodded obediently. He walked off, leaving the girl even more scared than what she was earlier. She couldn't believe that she'd manage to anger them so much. She felt rather stupid for her actions, even if they were logical given her situation.
 
`I just had to get them mad at me, now they're probably gong to end up killing me! I wish I would have never gone back into that computer lab. I should have gone to get help instead of letting my jealousy affect my judgment.
 
`At least one good thing, those two are currently safe, since this Digimon thing wants to use me to find them.'
 
A short moment later, “puppet” Gennai returned with a short Digimon by his side. He had an oversized-hat, a pair of cover-alls which came up to his nose, and a magic staff.
 
“Ahh, welcome, Sorcerymon,” the Dark Digimon uncharacteristically greeted warmly.
 
“Sorcerymon?” the girl muttered.
****
(Digi-Analyzer On)
 
RP: This adult (champion) leveled Digimon is Sorcerymon, who is a lot more powerful than he looks. Whenever he prays, he is filled with a holy power that can allow him to heal himself if injured badly. He also has other special powers that not even his superior and fellow Digimon know of, which is why it's not too surprising how he never ceases to amaze.
 
(Digi-Analyzer Off)
****
He pointed a long, clawed finger at the girl. “I want you to use the method you used on Gennai, on this human. I want her to help us locate and kill those children, not counting the ex-Digimon Kaiser.”
 
“Yes sir. I would be happy to.”
 
He turned towards the slightly taller girl and waved his left hand in front of her eyes. She tried her best not to look, but she just couldn't resist. The next thing she knew, she started to feel herself grow drowsy, which finally got the better of her. She ended up falling asleep while on her feet.
 
Next, the sorcerer looked to be praying, and a great aura seemed to surround him. He then transmitted this, to the 15-year-old girl. After he was done, the girl opened her eyes slowly and wore the same, vacant expression that Gennai was. She stood there, as if awaiting instructions on what to do or how to act.
 
“She's all yours. The process is done.”
 
“Good,” the colleague nodded. “Now, girl, we will test you. You must prove that you are loyal.”
 
She nodded.
 
“Do you understand that you will obey my every command, as well as Sorcerymon and my second-in-command?” She nodded monotonously. “Good. Now, go out and kill every human child you come in contact with that's roaming the Digital World. Sorcerymon will accompany you.” Once again, she nodded.
 
“Let us check to make sure she speaks the truth, sir. So far all she is doing is nodding and agreeing.”
 
“He's right,” Sorcerymon concurred. “Let's start off with something simple to ask of her. You saw how easy it was with that Gennai guy. Girl, what is your name, and what have you been ordered to do?”
 
An eerie look crept to her once, sweet face, and stared from Sorcerymon to the two ultimate (mega) leveled Digimon before her. “I am Meihui Chiu,” she replied emotionlessly. “I am 15 years old, and am in my third and final year at Odaiba Junior High. My task is to kill Inoue, as well as any other child roaming the Digital World who is a threat to my master. I am also to take orders from you three only.” She bowed down. “I assure you that I won't fail, my lord.”
 
“She seems even more obedient than Gennai was,” Sorcerymon stated. “Anyway, about her attire, sir...”
 
“What about it?”
 
“Should she really be wearing a school uniform? It could get in the way of training.”
 
“Training?”
 
“Yes sir. See, since she's actually going to be out of the castle for fighting purposes, unlike Gennai, I'm sure she could be hypnotized into being some type of a fighter. She's pretty much weak and worthless physically, which I determined while putting her under. Her strong suit is her intelligence.”
 
“It's up to you. If you need some fighting attire or weapons for the girl, contact Igamon (Ninjamon) in his newly, conquered section. He has a large amount of weaponry, and is pretty much an expert.”
 
“Yes sir.”
 
“Now, you girl, go train and then rest for your upcoming battle. You shall also eat so as to have your strength. Do you understand?”
 
“Yes, my lord.”
 
“Good. This is looking to be quite promising. Now, go prepare. You and Sorcerymon shall go out as soon as possible.”
 
With that, both the girl and Sorcerymon left the room to get ready for the next day...