Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digidreams Do Come True! ❯ Welcome to the Digital World! ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The children are now in the Digital World, physical changes and all. This chapter features Koushirou and Mimi awaking in the Digital World, and both are incredibly confused over all that's happened. Now, as always, I do not own anything dealing with Digimon's anime, manga, or games. Bandai and Toei have that pleasure.
 
Chapter 13: “??????????????.”
Anshin shite kudasai, daijoubu desu.”
Don't worry, everything will be alright.” Welcome to the Digital World!
 
The angelic woman looked up from her spot, after hearing what her very rare Digimon partner had informed her of. She smiled gratefully as she studied the orb. “I see that they all have arrived here safely.” The big crystal orb, which sat on a golden stand, was pretty much the Empress's way of viewing all areas of the Digital World within her vicinity, using her spiritual powers.
 
“If you say so...”
 
The Empress looked away from the crystal, and towards her white Digimon companion. “Why do you sound so negative?”
 
“I don't know.” She craned her long neck out to get a better look at the orb. “I just sense a flaw with this plan.”
 
“Do not be such a pessimist; I'm sure all will go well.”
 
“I know that's how you feel; I'm just hoping that the four guardians know what they are doing.”
 
The silky haired woman stared at her partner indignantly, as if she had smacked her in the face. “You should never doubt the words of our guardians,” she fumed while waving a finger. The lady usually remained very calm and reserved, but what her radiant Digimon had insinuated, plucked a nerve within her. “They have told me these things directly, therefore, I believe them. They have never been wrong before, and my visions have never been wrong. The fact that my sense has grown stronger over the years, due to my practicing to perfect it, shows this. Even the great Guardian of the Southern gate is helping, and he's usually been pretty much on his own.”
 
“That is true, I suppose,” replied the Digimon, disliking the fact that she'd upset her life-long friend, “but I can't help the way I feel and I feel that something bad is going to happen. It's just a gut feeling.”
 
“Let us continue to watch over the children, and see how they will do, but I think I'll make it easier to view.” The Angelic Empress looked to mutter something. Within seconds, a projection came up showing each area where each child should have ended up. It showed a tropical area, a snowy area, a place which was right by the ocean, an industrial looking area, and one place that seemed to be emerged by fiery pits.
 
“It seems that you have miscalculated. All of the children are younger now.”
 
“That was my intention. The younger they are, the better their chances.”
 
“How did you manage to do such a thing? As far as I know, you've always only had psychic abilities.”
 
“The guardians have helped me, and I actually do have quite a few extra powers now, which includes my being able to physically change the appearance of the children, the power to open and close gates to their world at will, my psychic ability is enhanced, and I can use such things as telekinesis, which is why I'm meditating and training more.”
 
“But how? That should be impossible for someone of your species.”
 
The woman stood, and kneeled down by the orb. She felt around the stand it was sitting on until she found a button. After pressing the button, a small compartment opened up underneath it. The Digimon could only stare, curious as to what she was getting. The Empress took out a wooden box and held it out to her Digimon. “This is the key. The Eastern Guardian gave this to me.” She opened the wooden box, which held a majestic, white sphere. “This is a Digi-core; its powers are endless and all of its uses are still a mystery, but for now, I was granted the permission to use it due to the upcoming crisis.”
 
“They really do trust you,” the Digimon stated plainly. She turned her attention back to the orb. “It's very odd. Some of these children from what we are seeing here, have clothing that fits, while the others do not. Some seem to even have a mix of both, while some seem to have extra items with them.”
 
“I did the best that I could by using this. I had to imagine them younger by memory, so that could possibly be the reason why the clothing didn't change for some, or either Gennai-san managed to save part of their data after the reformation so that if they were to ever return, the Digital World would recognize them, even if it's just partially.” She closed the box up, and put it back into the secret compartment underneath the orb. “I hope the children can cope with their changes.”
 
`Qinglongmon-sama (Azulongmon) of the East, Xuanwumon-sama (Zhuqiaomon) of the North, Baihumon-sama of the West, Zhuqiaomon-sama of the South, I hope that you four truly know what you are doing by having these children come here…'
****
Koushirou was lain out on the ground, finally awakening from the unusual encounter that had just occurred. As he tried his best to stand, he held his head. He was feeling a bit dizzy and light-headed from his unusual abduction and fell back to the ground. `I wonder what happened. How long have I been asleep?' He began to fan himself, feeling a bit warm since the sun was shining brightly; although, the sky was a bit of a dark, yellowish color, and there were no trees for shade around at all.
 
After a brief moment, it all finally came back to him. `Oh no, Miyako-kun! She got pulled into that strange portal just as I was. I must go in search of her.' The boy checked his pocket, and found his mobile phone, which showed to be of no use. He couldn't get a signal.
 
Realizing the phone was a no go, he cupped his hands around his mouth, calling out to his younger friend. After a few shouts, Koushirou heard a light voice mumble, “Quiet down, some people are trying to sleep”, in English. He didn't understand what this person had said, but he knew the language whenever he heard it.
 
Due to his legs still feeling a bit weak, Koushirou crawled towards the sound of the voice. Luckily, the person was a little under a kilometer towards the right of him. He saw a young girl lying down in clothing about two sizes too big for her.
 
“Miyako-kun?”
 
He shook his head and realized that this couldn't have been Miyako. The clothing on the sleeping girl consisted of a red sweater and a green skirt. When separated, Miyako was wearing her green OJH sailor fuku. He crawled a bit closer, to get a better look at the girl. “Um, excuse me…” he shook her gently.
 
The girl's eyes cracked open. When her vision was clear, she saw that it was a boy, which caused her to sit upright and scoot away slightly. “You pervert,” she screamed in English, her right fist bawled and ready to knock Koushirou senseless. “Get out of my room before I tell papa on you!” The girl swung before Koushirou could even respond.
 
“Wait, hold it!” the boy pleaded back in attempted English, just barely avoiding the young girl's swing towards his lower region. “This is not your room. I am not trying to hurt you!”
 
The girl stopped arguing and stopped trying to swing. Both stared at each other for a moment.
 
“Mimi-san!”
 
“Koushirou-kun!”
 
“How are you?” both asked in unison. “I am fine, thanks for asking.” Both laughed, realizing they had replied at the same time.
 
Both tried their bests to stand up, but ended up falling back down to the ground with a thump. Both finally realized that their clothing was a bit too big for them, yet, their shoes fit them just fine.
 
“How come my outfit is so different? My skirt looks like a dress, my shirt looks like something I could use for bed, or either something my mother would wear since it's a bit too big for me, and,” she looked down, “my shoes are different. I was wearing dress shoes earlier, not these. I got rid of them years ago since they didn't fit anymore.”
 
Koushirou held his throat. “My voice…it seems different.”
 
The two stood up again. Mimi realized that she was looking down on Koushirou. “You're much shorter than me too. *It's been a while since you've been shorter than me.”
 
“This is not prodigious at all! What is going on? I seem to be shorter by at least .1 m (about 5 inches) and my clothing seems too big for me now.”
 
Mimi was having her own troubles at the moment. Her skirt wasn't too much trouble, especially since she had a belt, but her shirt was showing to be quite bothersome. She had to constantly hold her shirt up to keep it from falling off of her. Her unmentionables were also giving her a bit of a problem, especially where her top was concerned.
 
“I can't walk around like this, my shirt keeps falling off!” She never really minded revealing her body - the most she ever really revealed of herself was her mid-driff and legs since she was a skirt-wearing girl - but she never wore really revealing clothing, unless it was a bikini. The idea of her shirt falling down to her ankles showing off her underclothing wasn't something she wanted at all. “I don't like this. Koushirou, what's going on?”
 
“I have no idea, Mimi-san,” Koushirou vaguely answered while scratching his head. “I don't even know where we are.” The boy squinted his eyes, and looked ahead of them through the smoggy atmosphere. “All I see is what looks to be some kind of a factory.”
 
“Could we be in the Digital World?”
 
“I didn't even think of that…”
 
Mimi tugged on her hot sweater again. Her fall-like clothes just wasn't meant for the type of area she was forced into. “I wish I had a nice cool change of clothes…” After her statement, Koushirou stood for a moment, as if in deep thought. Mimi cocked an eyebrow at him, about to ask him why he'd suddenly gone quiet.
 
“Oh, I'm sorry, Mimi-san. I just got a bit lost in thought over your situation of walking around in your underclothing, and---”
 
“You pervert!!!!”
 
“No, no, I am not thinking of anything like that,” Koushirou insisted with a sweat drop. “I was trying to come up with some type of a solution to your problem so that you wouldn't have to resort to degrading yourself in such a fashion.”
 
“Oh…y-you were.”
 
“I have an idea.” Koushirou took off his now, overly-big, uniform jacket and handed it to the girl.
 
“What's this for?”
 
“I can get along fine without it. It should be big enough to cover you; besides, as I am now, it's too big for me.”
 
Mimi smiled. “Thanks.” Even though it was still warm for her, she knew the jacket would be a lot cooler than her heavy sweater and there was no way she was going to wear both. “Could you…you know…”
 
“Oh yeah, sorry.” Koushirou turned around so that Mimi could take off her sweater and bra. She was planning on going shirtless and to just wear the jacket. When done with the task, she folded up her bra in her sweater, hitched up her skirt to keep from tripping, and gave Koushirou the okay to turn around. The jacket covered her quite well. It was a bit too big for her, but not to the extent of literally dragging like it was for Koushirou.
 
“Would you like for me to carry your sweater for you?”
 
“That's okay. I'll be fine.” Mimi figured that he didn't know of her bra being wrapped up in her sweater. `No way I'm going to let him carry my underclothes around.'
 
“How did you end up here?” Koushirou asked while rolling up the legs of his khaki pants.
 
“Let's see, Michael and I---”
 
“Michael?”
 
“Yes, Michael. He has blonde hair, a bit tall, and has a Betamon for his Digimon partner.”
 
“Oh, I remember him now.”
 
“We had just gotten back from hanging out. Michael took me to the 86th Street East, which is a movie theatre over on 86th street in Manhattan, and then we went to a place called Ray's for pizza over on 94th. It has some nice, tasty pizza. If you guys ever visit me, I'll take you there.
 
“I'll keep that in mind.”
 
Mimi continued on with her story, as Koushirou listened closely. After she was finished, Koushirou nodded and uttered, “Interesting.”
 
“We have to find Michael!”
 
“Don't worry, Mimi-san. He's probably in another part of the Digital World, just as we are. This place couldn't be anything but the Digital World, especially since I can't get a signal on my mobile phone.”
 
“I hope so,” she sniffled, wiping away some newly fallen tears. “I hope nothing bad has happened to him.”
 
“I'm pretty convinced that he's okay; we are.”
 
Mimi sighed, not really confident in the young boy's words. Knowing she had to get her mind off of Michael, she decided to change the subject, as it wasn't going to help get Michael back any faster. “How did you get here?”
 
“Miyako-kun and I stayed after school to work on a project of hers. She was programming a short computer game based on our Digimon and our very first adventure; our encounter with Devimon. She even managed to program the game to use the perfect theme for him.”
 
“That's nice, but Devimon is someone I definitely don't want to remember.”
 
“I most definitely wouldn't want to have to encounter him again either.”
 
“So, what else happened?”
 
“Well, I continued to play and…”
 
Koushirou continued on, explaining what happened, when something hit him.
 
“Koushirou?”
 
“Oh no, Meihui-san!”
 
“Meihui?” Mimi questioned. `That a pretty name, but it doesn't sound Japanese.'
 
“Remember I mentioned a fellow student was helping me?!” Mimi nodded. “She was the one helping.”
 
“Who exactly is she?”
 
“She is a girl of my class who seems to really respect me,” he answered in a `no big deal' type of way. “We really must find both her and Miyako-kun.”
 
“I wish we had a reason why we're here, and where are Palmon and Tentomon?”
 
“Well, it has been a long time since we have seen them last,” the boy started dismally, “you don't suppose that they could possibly be---”
 
“Don't even say it!” Mimi shouted at him before he could even finish.
 
“I'm sorry, I won't, but do we really know what the lifespan is for a Digimon?”
 
“Koushirou, don't even think such a thing!” Mimi commanded while covering her ears. “I do not want to hear it!” For Mimi, death was still a sensitive issue, and even though she learned that death is inevitable, she still didn't want to accept it at times, this time being one of them.
 
“But why aren't they here?” he logically questioned while remaining calm. “Usually, whenever we come to the Digital World, they greet us. They always find us; it's rare that we find them. We never do, thinking about it now.”
 
“Maybe we were brought back to the Digital World to help them.” Mimi removed her hands from her ears. “Maybe they're in trouble!”
 
“Hmm, could be. That would definitely explain why they're not here, even though that doesn't explain the drastic physical change pertaining to us.”
 
“So, what do we do now?”
 
“I think we should go to that building I saw in the distance. Maybe someone there can help us, or if we're lucky, we'll manage to run into Gennai-san. He knows a lot, so hopefully, he could lead us to the locations of Miyako-kun, Michael-san, and Meihui-san.”
 
Mimi nodded in agreement. It was the best plan they had so far. With that, the two headed towards the building with the many smokestacks, which really looked to be a factory…
 
Author's Note
 
Note 1: I just thought I'd make reference to the height thing. I know some of you are wondering why I'd even bother making a brief note about it. Well, for movie 4 (Diablomon no Gyakushuu) - which takes place in spring of 2003 - Koushirou was literally towering Mimi height wise for it. They looked quite cute together, imo.