Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digidreams Do Come True! ❯ Case Closed! ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 26: “??????????! ????!
Watashi no kodomo wa daijoubu desu! Yokatta!”
My child is safe! Thank goodness!” Case Closed!
 
The Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department was currently filled with concerned family and friends, demanding results and information as to where their children could possibly be. It had been one, long tiring ordeal from when most first arrived there the previous evening when the reports were first made. The parents and such pretty much refused to leave the area, and stayed in nearby hotels for the night. Some decided to take off from work, while others, reluctantly left, and just returned the next day.
 
“My Eiji is missing! Go out and find her!” a woman with short, aqua-green hair ordered. *Mrs. Akihabara had finally had enough of waiting around for the entirety of the day. It had almost been 24 hours since the reports had been made.
 
“I want you to find my children!” a frantic Mrs. Yagami called. “They're both missing!”
 
“Find my brother now!” commanded a disgruntled Jun, who had skipped out on university that day.
 
“Find my Yamato-kun!” a random, crazed fan-girl shouted over the crowd, out of the many who had seemingly been there all night. As a matter of fact, the true, and obsessive, Yamato, Teen-Age Wolves fans filled up the station inside and out. Many girls were outside of the station holding up posters and such, showing support for the band. Due to the hassle, the police had ordered them to disperse, as they were blocking up the entrance way, but the fan-girls refused, until force had to be used. It kept them away for a while, but like some others, they returned the next day, more forceful than ever.
 
Others who had to leave and return the next day, was Malissa and Mrs. Tosho. Both had to give statements, but Mrs. Tosho had to leave right after, but insisted on Malissa's calling and keeping her well-informed. The only way Malissa was able to come at all, was by playing the guilt card on her parents. She stood up to them, and was firm on going back to make sure Jou was okay. When coming back, she did have a tough time getting in, but one of the lieutenants recognized her, and allowed her in. The only people allowed into the building as of the moment, were the families and such who reported the children missing, even though the crazed Teen-Age Wolves fans seemed to ignore this rule, and find a way in regardless. There just wasn't enough manpower to keep them all out.
 
A balding, stocky man stood and waved his hands around. “I'm sorry; we have been investigating pretty much all night, and we have no leads!” the Captain managed to get out over the disgruntled crowd. “We do not know the where-a-bouts of your children! They just vanished, but as you know, we are working on it as best as we can!”
 
“Then you guys need to work harder!” a girl shouted. “Yama-kun is too hot to vanish!”
 
“We, the people, pay your salaries! What are we paying them for if you won't go out and do something about this!” a man shouted angrily. “We want results!!”
 
The Captain shook his head in frustration; it was like these people just wouldn't listen to reason. He was actually surprised that the news was allowed to get out at all. “I can assure you that we are doing all we can!” he stated more firmly. “We have no clues or leads, as I said before. My men and women have been investigating and trying to find leads all night and we've come up empty-handed! The NPA is even sending in officers of other prefectures to work on this unusual case!”
 
Right at that moment, a tall, skinny dark-haired police officer rushed into the station holding a couple of objects, along with a small boy and a woman by his side. “Akio-taichou,” he called urgently, “Akio-taichou!” The officer had to literally push his way through the crowd, so that he and the boy and his mother could get through. The boy looked to be no more than eight or nine years old. “Akio-taichou! We have a bit of a lead!”
 
He'd finally gotten through the crowd, and up to the front. “What did you say about a lead?”
 
“This boy here, sir. We got a report in earlier this afternoon from this young woman here, so I went to investigate the scene. With what I found, I felt it was best to bring both her and her son with me.”
 
“Her son?”
 
“Yes, sir. He witnessed one of the kidnappings and the people he described, fits the description of two out of the many we're looking for!”
 
The crowd began to calm down a bit after overhearing this, and their shouts turned to that of curious murmurs, though it was still noisy. Along with these bystanders and concerned family and friends, were reporters, who followed the officers in, from Fuji TV and various other stations were around; they definitely weren't going to miss this story.
 
The Captain stared curiously at the boy and his mother.  “What do you two know?”
 
“Last night, after my son came home, he was telling this crazy story, but I brushed him off. I then caught a recap on the news this afternoon and was wondering if there was some truth to his unbelievable story. The next thing I know, this officer here then came by, and spoke to the both of us.  My son, apparently, called you.”
 
“I see.” The man rubbed his chin and looked down at the meek looking boy wearing the blue and white baseball cap. “What's your name, son?”
 
The boy stood there, a bit nervous to have so many people around.
 
“It's okay,” the officer smiled at the boy, “just tell the captain what you told me when you called in.”
 
The boy nodded shakily, and took in a deep breath. “Ma-matsumoto Aki.”
 
“Please, will you all quiet down!” the Captain instructed. “This boy knows something that may help us find your children!!” After what seemed like an eternity, the crowd finally quieted down enough, so that the boy could tell his story. “Now, go ahead. What'd you say your name was again?”
 
“Matsumoto Aki. I-I'm nine years old and a third year at Sh-shinno Elementary.”
 
“Shinno Elementary, eh?”
 
“Y-yes sir.”
 
“That's a really nice school. It's the one out in Shirokane, right?”
 
“Y-yes, sir.”
 
“I thought so. My daughter attends there. Now, as to what you saw…”
 
“Oh, well, I was on my way home from playing with friends. When walking, I saw this boy and girl talking. I think they were a boyfriend and a girlfriend, or something mushy like that.
 
“I was going in the same direction as they were going and wasn't too far behind them. Also in front of me, there was this strange looking guy with a straw hat and a long cloak. He wore leather gloves too, and had a crow on his shoulder. Neither one of them seemed to notice me since I was a good ways away from them.
 
“The guy with the crow then got in front of them somehow; I couldn't figure out how. I was curious, so I decided to hide and just watch them. The guy in the cloak said some stuff to the boy about something called `Digimon'. I had no idea what they were talking about. The guy in the cloak then told his crow to attack them! It shot out this big energy thing, but they moved in time and it blew a hole into the ground instead!! The `Digimon' then reached behind him, and pulled out a bow and arrow, and held it on the both of them. I then got a look at this guy's face, and he looked really weird!”
 
He was almost afraid to ask. “What do you mean?”
 
“He didn't look human,” the boy explained, getting a bit more courageous. “The two called the weird looking guy a `Digimon', and the boy took out a shinai to try and protect the girl. I've never seen the boy before, but I've seen the girl around. I don't know her name, though, but she lives in the same building as I do.”
 
“Oh-kay, then what happened?”
 
“Well, the `Digimon' guy used his bow and arrow to attack them. He shot all the arrows out really fast! I could barely keep up with it! He then shot one into the air, and it turned into a net trapping them. The `Digimon' guy said that he was in our world, or something, to kill them for his boss.
 
“He was about to use another arrow on the girl, but this strange looking thing opened up from the sky, and sucked the two of them in. After that, the `Digimon' guy muttered something angrily, and then went through some weird looking thing too. It was like a portal to another world!”
 
Most of the people there, just found the boy's story incredibly unbelievable, but as for the parents and families of the Chosen Children, they felt a bit of ease and relief after hearing the boy's tall tale.
 
“`Digimon?' `Portal'?” The captain turned to the rookie officer who had brought this woman and her son in, looking even more stressed than what he had been earlier. “We don't have time for this nonsense! Are you sure this isn't some type of a joke?! I know you haven't been here long, and are a rookie, but you should know better!”
 
“I don't know what to believe, sir,” the officer admitted discouragingly, “but that's all we have to go on; besides, when investigating, I found these at the sight, and there is a big hole where the boy said th-the bird attacked.” He handed the captain the objects, which consisted of Iori's Kendo equipment, Eiji's grocery bag, and a big, plastic bag which contained an arrow. “These things were found in that hole.”
 
“So, we have some Kendo equipment, an arrow, and,” he held his nose, “some garlic products.”
 
Mrs. Hida's eyes went wide after seeing the captain hold up the familiar looking bamboo sword. Eiji's mother gasped, realizing that only her daughter would be carrying something like garlic.
 
“S-sir,” Aki timidly spoke, “after they got taken into the portal, th-they dropped that stuff. I took out my mobile phone that my mommy gave me so that I can use it for emergencies. I tried to use it, but I forgot to charge the battery, so I called today. My father always told me to call the police or the news if I ever see anything weird, but I didn't know the news number.”
 
“You're a very smart boy,” the Captain smiled, “but honestly, Digimon? This is one farfetched story, and quite unbelievable, even with the stuff my officer brought me. I guess we could investigate this and run this arrow down to forensics.”
 
Mr. Ishida forced his way up to the front of the crowd, Ms. Takaishi not too far behind. “Excuse me, son, but did you say…Digimon?”
 
Aki nodded to the tall man. “Yes sir; that's what the thing said he was, I think.”
 
“Ishida-san, you don't honestly believe this crazy story?” the Captain asked in surprise while shaking his head skeptically. “The person who probably confronted those children was probably a mugger dressed as an archer.”
 
“I believe him. My two sons,” the blue-eyed blonde glanced over to her dark-haired ex, “our two sons were taken back.”
 
The young officer stared at the two in bewilderment. “Excuse me?”
 
Mr. and Mrs. Yagami managed their ways to the front as well. “We know where our children our,” the man explained while lighting up. “We just hope that they're all safe.” Mrs. Yagami nodded.
 
“There's always Tento-san and the other Digimon to protect them,” Mrs. Izumi quietly uttered, while being held by her husband.
 
“I just hope that whatever is going on there, doesn't take much longer,” the man stated while pushing his glasses back onto his face. “Koushirou and the others have been gone for nearly an entire day.”
 
“This is getting crazy!” the Captain shouted while throwing up his hands. “This isn't making any sense!”
 
Mrs. Akihabara and Mr.& Mrs. Chiu looked at all before them, who seemed to get what was going on. They were all quite confused over the situation.
 
“My daughter, Meihui, didn't come home!” the woman shouted. “What do you mean you know where she is?! If you know where she is, bring her home this instant, and what on earth is a Digimon!!”
 
“I don't like this either,” Mrs. Akihabara muttered hysterically. “My daughter is missing! My 11-year-old daughter! Her name is Tezuka Eiji!! Go out and get her! Bring her home where it is safe! I don't like the idea of some cloaked killer after my only daughter!”
 
“Please sir,” Mrs. Hida pleaded with the Captain, “believe them. They've gone back; they were chosen to go back.”
 
“Gone back where!” Mrs. Akihabara cried out in frustration.
 
“The Digital World.”
 
“The Digital World?” Malissa, who was standing next to Jun, wondered. `Was Jou taken back to the Digital World? I really don't like the sound of that. I hope that it's a safe place and that nothing bad has happened to him.'
 
Right at that moment, the crowd began to grow rowdy again, as a young man who looked to be about 22 years of age, forced his way through. He wore rimless glasses, had dark blue hair, and was wearing a pair of khaki pants, sneakers, and a baggy white t-shirt.
 
“My brother…” the man began while trying to catch his breath, “what's happened? Where is he? I finally managed to get here after hearing the report last night. It said something about his being abducted!”
 
Jun stared at the older boy, and smiled dreamily in spite of herself. “Shuu-senpai!”
 
“Kido Shuu-san? *Jou-san no oniisan desuka?”
 
Hearing his name, he turned to see the skinny girl behind him. “Oh, Jun-kun and, if I'm remembering right, Malissa-san…”
 
“How did you manage to get here so fast?” Jun asked curiously. “You live all the way in Kyoto now since you're still studying under Takenouchi-hakase.”
 
“That's not important right now; what's going on with my brother?!”
 
“He was taken back to the Digital World.”
 
“Is-is the Digital World a bad place?” Malissa asked the two. “Will Jou-san be okay?”
 
“Excuse me young man, but which child are you with?” the Captain interrupted.
 
“Kido Jou,” he answered. “I am his older brother.”
 
“Your name?”
 
“*Kido Shuu. Shin-niisan is still out of town, I'm guessing. You could pretty much call us his guardians. I let my brother know what was happening and called him last night; he and his girlfriend were trying to charter a flight out here from Hyougo and then get a ride here from Narita. Getting here from that far has to be a hassle for him, but never mind that. Is my brother really in the Digital World?”
 
“What the hell is this nonsense about the Digital World,” the Captain muttered, growing more and more annoyed. Nothing was making any sense.
 
“Um, Aki-kun, Matsumoto-san, let's get you out of here. We thank you for your cooperation,” the officer stated, but as they tried to leave the building, they were stormed by reporters.
 
As for the others, they all explained to Shuu what had gone on in his absence and they tried their bests to explain the situation to Eiji's mother and Meihui's parents…
 
Author Notes
 
Note 1: Here's the explanation for the different name thing pertaining to Eiji and her family. When the woman remarried, she changed her name, but left left Eiji's name the same as her biological father's.
***
Note 2: Shin, Shuu...who? This note is for those who don't know this. Shin is “Jim” in the English version of the series, but he's only appeared in Adventure (01) during the stuff dealing with Vamdemon (Myotismon). He was never in 02, and it remained that way until the final episode. Shuu is the 20 year old - who has five years on Jou - non-existent brother for the dub.
 
Shuu is the one who travels with Sora's father. Saban said that it was “Jim”, which is false. Shuu also came back later on in Adventure 02 to help the children out after they all get back to Japan after meeting the International Chosen Children.
 
Shin is the oldest of the three of them and Jou, of course, is the youngest. You can estimate as to how old Shin was for Adventure (01). He was in med-school, which means he couldn't have possibly been 17 or 18 like the dub was implying. If you do the math, Shuu would've been 17 during Adventure. Also, 17/18 is a bit young for someone to be attending medical school. That aside, Shin is three years older than Shuu, meaning he would've been 20 for Adventure (01) and 23 for Adventure 02.
 
In the original version of the Kyoto episode, Shuu explained to Miyako that he was on a class trip when Vamdemon attacked Odaiba, which is why he wasn't shown, but he did witness all that was going on with the Dark Masters and Apocalymon like most everyone else around the world.
 
Just adding in some more information, both Shuu and Shin (like the other families) were in the final episode of Adventure 02, which makes me wonder how the dub handled the episode, as I've never seen it. Both were worried about Jou, since he, and the other Chosen Children, had to deal with Oikawa and such. It was odd how Jou was the only one who only had his siblings present; no parents, which is why I wrote this chapter out the way that I did. He's the only child of the 12 that we've never seen parents for show wise. We do know they exist because of the Valentine drama. For one portion of it, Jou was having dinner with his family, which included both his brothers and his parents. Pretty weird, eh?
***
Note 3: “Jou-san no oniisan desuka?” simply means, “Jou's brother?”
 
Sorry for the extra long notes; I'll try too cool it for now.