Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digidreams Do Come True! ❯ Questions Answered! ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 28: “????????
Doushimashita ka?”
What's going on?” Questions Answered!
 
“Wait,” Taichi began, “what about Gennai! Agumon told me that he was missing!”
 
Koushirou glanced over at Taichi. “Gennai-san?”
 
“He's missing?” Mimi asked.
 
“My, this is going to take quite a while,” Angellina spoke. “Maybe we should go inside of Ebemon's factory, where it is much cooler and pleasant compared to out here. It would be more beneficial if we were to commute to my home, but that's quite a distance away.”
 
The children and Digimon followed Angellina back into Ebemon's brain-extracting factory. As stated, it was a lot cooler inside and it made breathing easier, since it was so polluted outside. After everyone was settled, and seated on the floor - Angellina, with Eiji at her side, standing before them - the woman proceeded in telling her tale…
 
“My visions and our main prophecy said that only those with the mentality of a child, will be able to defeat anyone who threatens this world. Since you all were much older, in order for this task to be taken out, you had to become younger versions of your present day selves.”
 
Meihui scratched her head confusedly. “But how come I'm not younger too?”
 
“Probably because you're not a Chosen Child,” Taichi stated as matter of fact like.
 
“Yeah, your being brought here was an accident since you were holding onto Izumi-senpai, when we got pulled through the gate.”
 
“But Angellina-san, like I told you when I first met you last night, there's a mistake with this. I'm still thinking like my 11-year-old self; not like a five or six or however old I'm supposed to be right now.”
 
“Come to think of it, so am I,” Yamato spoke up. “I feel the same mind-wise, my body is just younger.”
 
The others gave murmurs and nods of agreement, not counting Takeru and Daisuke, whom literally were acting like a couple of carefree eight-year-old boys. Tailmon still found it a bit peculiar how the change seemed to have affected them the most.
 
“I cannot quite explain that,” Angellina bashfully admitted. “That's the only backfire of this situation.” Jou stood up, and began to pace around, as if pondering. “Is something the matter?”
 
“Yeah, a bit,” Jou responded curtly. “There's something that's been on my mind for a while; ever since we escaped Igamon's castle. What you said explains why we're younger, and I'm not going to even bother asking about the process involved to make that possible, but what about our crest powers? Like Koushirou pointed out, it seems that some of us can use them. Yamato-kun managed to, and it allowed Garurumon to evolve to WereGarurumon; Taichi and Sora-kun also managed to get their partners to evolve to their perfect (ultimate) forms.
 
“I wouldn't be surprised if some of the others managed to evolve their partners to their perfect (ultimate) stages as well.” Jou looked down at the others while pushing his thin-framed glasses back onto his nose; his attention focused mostly on those he shared his first Digital World adventure with. “When on the way here, did everyone have a glowing shape on your chests in the form of your old crest?” Everyone nodded. “It's like the powers are back. If we all gave up our powers years ago to create that barrier to help free the Holy Beast Guardians, how is it possible for us to evolve our Digimon to that stage and to reactivate something that's technically not supposed to even be there?”
 
“That is a very good question, but I will get to that soon enough, as it will take a bit of time to answer. You deserve to have that answered at least. Before I answer the question of Jou-san, does anyone else have any questions right off?” A chubby arm shot up quickly, which caught the young woman's bright eye. “Yes, Iori-san?”
 
“Eiji-san!” he quickly responded in an excitement that could only mirror Upamon. “What about Eiji-san?”
 
“Yeah, that thing she did with the lock was awesome!” Takeru exclaimed.
 
“If she isn't a Digidestined, why was she brought back?”
 
Eiji looked over at Betamon perplexed. She'd never heard the term before. “Digi...destined?”
 
“Chosen Child,” translated Michael.
 
“In America, that's what they are known as,” Mimi responded.
 
“They're known as Digidestined in Australia too,” Jou added as he retook his seat on the cold, metal floor. “Iori-kun and I discovered that while there.”
 
Eiji grinned slightly, as her face went partially red, while scratching her nose. “It's pretty weird.”
 
“She has the qualities of a Chosen Child.”
 
“Eh?”
 
“She is one of the few who recalls the encounter your city had nearly two years ago with BelialVamdemon and three years before that dealing with Vamdemon.”
 
“Y-you actually remember that?” Sora asked, awe-stricken. “I thought only we did.”
 
“Yeah, I remember most of it pretty well.”
 
Iori noticed that his classmate sounded a bit edgy, as opposed to her usual outgoing, carefree demeanor that most were used of. `I wonder why she's so nervous. She's usually never tense from what I've noticed. She's usually quite jubilant to reveal information asked of her.'
 
“I'm not entirely sure about everything dealing with BelialVamdemon. The last thing I remember from that was being picked up by this mummy looking guy.”
 
“We discovered that she was a Dark Seed child at one point. She was one of the infected children.”
 
`It's strange how we never noticed her,' Ken thought as he began to study the younger girl. `All of us Dark Seed carriers were plain and ordinary in appearance; this girl has such bright, exotic hair. She should've definitely stood out.'
 
“She was also one of the children at the Odaiba Convention Center when Vamdemon was in search of the eighth child,” Angellina continued. “I know this isn't really too much of a surprise, seeing as lots of inhabitants at the time were. Luckily, we didn't have any casualties amongst those held there, but it is sad that Vamdemon did kill before executing that plan of his.” The ginger-haired woman seemed to stare off into space for a moment before continuing her story. “We shouldn't focus on such a negative encounter and hope for a better future, so we shall no longer dwell on that.
 
“Anyway, it also seems that she may have encountered Digimon even before Vamdemon. The more we…spoke…”
 
`Why did she hesitate when saying `spoke'?' Jou silently observed. `I wonder if there's more to it, but that wouldn't surprise me. Nothing's made much sense since we've gotten here.'
 
“…we discovered this, and she finally remembered.”
 
“Eiji-san, is this true?”
 
“Sure is, Iori-kun. When I was really little, I thought I did. I was walking home with my mother one day from pre-school, and she stopped at a vendor selling soft-cream along the way. I think I was either three or four. I ended up wandering off, and into the street. I don't know why I walked out there; I must've seen something. I then remember hearing my mother scream. A car was about to hit me, but something seemed to lift me out of the way and the car just zoomed right by.
 
“While I was `flying', I looked up and saw a big, beautiful golden butterfly holding me! The big butterfly creature then set me back down beside my mother. Nobody seemed to see that butterfly except for me, though. Even now, my mother goes on about how it's a miracle that I wasn't killed. She's always mentioned it, but I seemed to gradually forget the details surrounding it as I got older, but my love for butterflies never died since that happened. Until I spoke with Angellina-san, I'd forgotten all about the actual butterfly saving me.”
 
“She was supposed to have received a Digivice then, but wasn't due to its being a mistake…partially. She was also supposed to have possessed some type of a crest, but you children had already been chosen a few years earlier, so instead of her possessing one crest each, like all of you, she has a combination of all of you older Japanese Chosen Chlidren's crests, Takeru-san, Hikari-san, and Ken-san included. The only difference between her and you all is that hers is not as powerful.”
 
Daisuke held his throbbing head, completely lost from having to take in so much information at one time. Takeru, on the other hand, looked a bit bored. “What?” the soccer player and basketball player questioned in unison.
 
“I'm somehow a part of all of you. I don't understand it either, since all of this Digital World stuff is new to me, but I guess it's true. I used my light trait to open the lock, but, since it's not as powerful, since I have a combination of all of your crests, I had to borrow some from Hikari-san.”
 
“You could say that the `butterfly' that Eiji-san saw as a child was in search of a `ninth child' and to prevent her ever receiving a Digivice; that was the mission of that `butterfly'.” Angellina's composure seemed to diminish, as she began to shift uneasily, as if trying to find the right thing to say. “Eiji-san here, is pretty much a…a…container, so to speak.”
 
“Container?”
 
“Y-yes. If anything should happen to any of you crest bearers, Eiji-san here was pretty much the…the back-up.” The woman seemed to grow more and more agitated while telling the tale, since it really bothered her that the Holy Beast Guardians could even consider using a human in such a way, but, she knew it was for the best, and they did go out of their ways to prevent ever having to use her for her unique power.
 
“In what way would she have been used?” Koushirou asked.
 
“Well, we needed all of you to use your crest powers to create that barrier; if it turned out to be impossible, Eiji-san would've been the one chosen for that task, but the guardians wanted to avoid that if possible, since they weren't sure as to what type of an effect it could have had on her. They also didn't want her to have to bare the responsibility of being a Chosen Child, when you all had already been chosen. As I mentioned earlier, Eiji-san was pretty much a last resort. I didn't understand her purpose prior to this, until we began discussing. I was incredibly astounded as I recalled the story of a `ninth child', which was relayed to me through both Gennai-san who learned of it through Qinglongmon-sama.
 
“I know how you older ones learned of how you were chosen, as well as shown, but the part of the story dealing with Eiji-san was conveniently left out it.”
 
“So you're telling me, that aside from us nine already here, which is including Ichijouji,” Yamato started incredulously, “that this kid here was also chosen, but Gennai and the Holy Beast Guardians didn't want it revealed to her?” The wavy redhead nodded slowly; she still seemed bothered over having to share such information. “But isn't she technically the tenth and not the ninth?”
 
“In a way, yes, but that would take even longer to explain.”
 
“I still don't understand why Eiji had to be kept a secret from all of us!” Taichi crossed his arms mulishly. He felt that he and the others had clearly been cheated. They had to live up to the responsibilities associated with being chosen, why was she spared of it? Even though he had no real reason to dislike this girl, he couldn't help but think back to his sister, and how weak she was when younger. She should've never been allowed in the Digital World, he felt. Because of Eiji, his sister's life was put in danger; it should've been her that Vamdemon was after, not Hikari. “She obviously has a strong power, or somewhat strong, and she's definitely special in some way. Who knows, she maybe would've been able to help us defeat BelialVamdemon a whole lot easier if she'd been around or even helped to prevent his return! With her power, she could've helped to evolve all of our Digimon!”
 
“As I mentioned earlier, Taichi-san, they knew that there was a child chosen to bare the burden of being a multiple crest-bearer; a back up if anything was to go wrong. Since a child like this had never been dealt with, they did not want to risk her life, so they felt it was better that she never found out about her power, of Digimon, or of the Digital World. They all felt it was best this way.
 
“Also, everything would've turned out the way it had with or without her help. It was all part of the inevitable.” Taichi still wasn't satisfied, but tried his best to let it go, since there were more important matters at hand.
 
“What makes you so certain that she's the one? I know what she did with the lock was amazing, but…what led you to believe that this was the child?”
 
“Fair question, Sora-san. I spoke with the guardians about the matter of my suspicions of her being that child after she'd gone to sleep, and if this was the reason she was brought to this world. Qinglongmon-sama explained to me that they couldn't keep the truth hidden any longer and that she was, indeed, the child that possessed the nine crests. Her background truly makes up for it. She's always been connected to Digimon incidents, not counting the one that you all witnessed in Hikarigaoka (Heighton View Terrace).”
 
“Angellina-san, I have a question.”
 
“What is it, Iori-san?”
 
“How was Digmon able to evolve?”
 
“Digmon evolved?” Hawkmon asked in surprise. Iori nodded. “Wow, I've never witnessed an armor Digimon evolve before.”
 
“How can an armor Digimon evolve,” Patamon inquired.
 
“I don't know. When it happened, my chest had glowing shapes in the form of sincerity (reliability) and knowledge. Both then seemed to combine and form into one, just like when I was on my way here. After that happened, Digmon evolved.”
 
“What did he evolve to,” Jou asked anxiously.
 
“MegaSeadramon!” Gomamon answered proudly.
 
“Whoa, back that up,” Yamato interrupted while trying to make sense of the situation. “How can a metallic bug evolve into something that looks like a giant sea serpent?”
 
“I don't know,” Iori shrugged. “How can something that looks like a lemon drop evolve into something that resembles an armadillo?”
 
“Point taken,” muttered the defeated blonde.
 
“The same thing happened to me!!” Daisuke announced loudly, trying to get some attention. “My chest glowed in the crest shapes of friendship and courage, and they combined and formed the same shape that was on the Digimental I found that helped V-mon evolve to Magnamon!”
 
“Strange, the same thing happened to me. The shape looked like a mix of purity (sincerity) and love. The two crest shapes combined to form one, but that didn't last long. I don't even know what it formed into.”
 
“Hmm, that is a bit odd, but this is definitely leading into answering the question that Jou-san had earlier,” Angellina told them. “We don't know of what your newly formed crest could be, Miyako-san, since you haven't literally activated it yet, but for Daisuke-san and Iori-san, your newly formed crests are kiseki; eiyo.”
 
“*Kiseki?”
 
“*Eiyo?”
 
“Hai, sou desu (Yes, that's right),” she nodded. “You all possess some type of a crest. All Chosen Children do, to some extent.”
 
“How come I don't?” Michael retorted bitterly.
 
“You do, as I said. You just haven't shown the trait of your crest to activate it like the others have. For instance, Iori-san showed that he has true admiration and honor for the Digital World, which activated his crest powers, and allowed Digmon to evolve.
 
“Because of the pure thoughts and unselfishness of Mimi-san, and a bit of help from Miyako-san, Togemon was able to evolve.
 
“Because of the realization and importance of knowledge of Koushirou-san, as well as the help from Miyako-san, this allowed Kabuterimon to evolve.
 
“Because of the love Sora-san has for the Digital World, it allowed Birdramon to evolve to Garudamon and if it weren't for the courage of Taichi-san to protect the Digital World, then Greymon wouldn't have evolved to MetalGreymon. Also, because of the strong friendship Yamato-san has with Sora-san, Taichi-san, and Jou-san, it allowed Garurumon to evolve to WereGarurumon.
 
“The only crest that's pretty much difficult to figure out is the Crest of Light. Its powers are still unknown and how it is triggered is also still a mystery. I know that Tailmon was able to evolve due to Hikari-san triggering her Crest of Light. It's unknown as to what circumstances could've possibly led to that.”
 
“This is confusing,” muttered Meihui. “I don't get any of this stuff.”
 
“How did I help out Mimi-sama and Izumi-senpai?”
 
“You lent out some of your purity trait to Mimi,” the recently evolved Palmon explained.
 
“You lent out some of your knowledge trait, too,” Tentomon added, who had too just recently evolved after regaining his strength.
 
“B-but I have the Digimental of Love and the Digimental of Purity; how could I help Izumi-senpai if I don't have the Digimental of Knowledge?”
 
“You were originally supposed to get the Digimentals of Knowledge, Love, and Purity since you showed those three traits the most, but it is only possible for a Chosen Child to carry around two Digimentals since your D-Terminal isn't capable of storing that much information.”
 
“But what about when V-mon evolved to Magnamon? I used a Digimental to help him armor evolve!”
 
“You could use it only once, also, if I'm not mistaken,” she reminded the young, hyper boy. “It was a special circumstance, I guess you could say, since after you used it, it transformed into the physical representation of the Crest of Kindness for Ken-san.”
 
“How was it decided as to whom would get which Digimental?” Iori asked.
 
“Qinglongmon-sama.”
 
“*How come I didn't get the Digimental of Knowledge?”
 
“Since you possessed three traits, as opposed to two, Qinglongmon-sama tried to figure out which trait the others possessed more of. It was a dead give-a-way that you were going to get the Digimental of Purity, given your personality, but it was iffy where both love and knowledge were concerned. Qinglongmon-sama looked at all of the other children to see which would be more qualified for them. Iori-san showed to be quite knowledgeable; well, actually, more so wise, but that's why he got it. It was close enough.”
 
“What about me?”
 
“You, Daisuke-san, was a bit difficult as well. You possessed three main traits as well: friendship; love; courage. You showed to be very courageous, but not as much as you were friendly. You possessed the friendship trait more than both Miyako-san and Iori-san combined. That is why you received the Digimental of Friendship.” She proudly smiled down at him. “You would do anything for your friends, and you like to befriend others,” she glanced down at Iori, “even if that person's made mistakes in his or her past.”
 
Eiji, when speaking with Angellina, mentioned Iori's having trouble with forgiving and befriending certain people. The others pretty much figured what Angellina had been referring to as well as the incident. It was obviously about Daisuke's befriending Ken after he'd stopped being their enemy. Daisuke was the only one who was determined to become friends with him, and to make him an ally.
 
“Now, since Iori-san did mention the stuff dealing with your crests, you all never really lost those powers.”
 
“Wh-what do you mean?” asked Mimi.
 
“Yes, you older ones did use your crest powers to create that seal to help release the Holy Beast Guardians, but you still have the power within you to evolve your partners if you tap into it enough.”
 
“You mean like chi and ki and stuff like that?” Iori questioned.
 
“I guess you could say it's something like that, although, since you're all physically younger, there's the possibility that it's easier for you all to now.”
 
“I have a question now!” 
 
“Go ahead, Takeru-san.”
 
Takeru dug through his pocket. Both Ken and Hikari figured what he was going inquire Angellina on. After he was done digging, he pulled out the small, metallic device. “How come Ichijouji-kun, Hikari-chan, and I have regular model Digivices instead of our D-3s and D-Terminals?”
 
“It's another flaw, I suppose. I guess that's how the world remembered you. When you all were brought back, you ended up either the age you were when first chosen, when you first encountered Digimon, or whatever the reason.”
 
“I guess that makes sense,” Ken responded slowly.
 
“I do hope that all of your questions have been answered; I tried to answer them as best I could.”
 
“I suppose so, Angellina-san,” began Hawkmon, “but what about Gennai-san? You haven't mentioned anything about him at all, or of his current whereabouts.”
 
Meihui's ears seemed to perk up after hearing the peculiar name. She'd heard it before earlier. “Gennai? Is-is he kind of tall with brown hair and wears a white robe? He was also quite handsome.”
 
“Meihui-san!! Have you seen him?!” Angellina asked urgently.
 
“I-I think that's what they called him. It's still a bit blurry.”
 
“Please, share what you know! How is he?!”
 
“W-well, I was wandering around after I got separated from Izumi-sama and Inoue. I was in a forest or something like that. There was a pathway and I stuck to it. Ahead, there was a castle. I ran into some candle-like monsters, and they forced me there.
 
“After I got to the dark castle, these two monstrous looking things were talking to me, and there was a handsome guy there too….” Meihui continued with her story; well, what she could recall anyway. When done, she took a deep breath. She still was having a difficult time believing all that had happened since her arrival.
 
“Are you saying that Gennai's mind doesn't work anymore?” Agumon asked.
 
Meihui nodded. “They threatened to do the same to me if I wouldn't cooperate with them and I obviously didn't since they used me against you all,” she uttered quietly as she lowered her head. She was truly ashamed at what had happened. She got a glimpse of both Koushirou and Miyako, who looked to be smiling at her and nodded. Both understood the situation, and didn't hold it against her. This gave the girl the courage she needed to continue on. “The armored looking monster said that the guy in the robe had no control over his mind, and they referred to him as `Gennai'. I knew that he wanted some type of help. I could tell that he wanted to be freed of his mind entrapment.”
 
Before anyone could reply, the wavy redhead's swan-like Digimon flew towards her. She'd remained outside the entire time. “Swanmon, what's the matter?”
 
Hikari blinked. “Swanmon?”
****
(Digi-Analyzer On)
 
Tailmon: This graceful, bird-Digimon is Swanmon. A Digimon who is a master when it comes to attacks dealing with the sky. Swanmon is also strong against insect Digimon, and her most powerful attack is “Down Tornado”, which blows away her competition every time.
 
(Digi-Analyzer Off)
****
“Angellina! I truly feel that our enemy is on the move. The atmosphere seems to be changing. Come out and see for yourself!” The swan took off, Angellina, and the other children right behind her. She pointed up towards the now darkening sky. “Look! There seems to be a glimpse of the human world coming through! Our enemy is skipping his goal of conquering this world, and is going straight for the human world!”
 
“Oh no!! This isn't what I predicted!”
 
“He was to be stopped before even reaching this stage! Why on earth is he trying to open a gate to the human world now? How did he manage a way to open the gate, when so many restrictions have been put up by the guardians to prevent anything like that to go through?”
 
“Oh dear…maybe…no, he couldn't be!”
 
“What?!”
 
“I-I think he's trying to destroy this world by throwing it off-balance and take refuge in the human world. Since all of his bases have been destroyed by the children, I guess he feels the need to act rashly! How he's managing this, though, is a mystery, since the guardians did put up so much protection after the reformation.” Angellina faced the children before her, her light face a bit somber, yet anxious. “You all must go and stop them.”
 
“But how can we stop them? Who are these Digimon anyway?” Sora asked. “We already know about Sorcerymon, and I think I remember him saying something about a Zanbamon.”
 
“You all will know what to do,” the woman insisted with a smile. “Just follow your hearts.”
 
“But what about her?” Yamato pointed to Meihui, who was gazing up at the sky. Oh how she longed to be home.
 
“She shall remain with Swanmon and me, of course. It'd be far too dangerous for her to accompany you all.”
 
“But how will we know where to go?” Piyomon flapped.
 
Before the small, pink bird could get a response, the sky grew even darker. An eerie type of darkness, that one would expect to find in such places like a graveyard. The winds began to rise, as if a storm was about to hit.
 
“I believe that it is time to join our great enemy,” Swanmon commented while staring up at the sky. “You must stop them from entering your world, which will cause our world to enter a dark age, and become unstable. It wasn't meant for him to go through that gate or enter your world. There's just too much darkness and negativity surrounding him and too much within him.”
 
“Eiji-san, are you coming with us?”
 
The tomboyish girl stood beside Iori, and smiled. “I wouldn't miss it!” she told him while giving him the victory sign. “You know I like adventure; besides, I'm a part of the team now…sort of.”
 
He nodded. “I suppose you're right. You're an honorary member of our group, but it may be dangerous.”
 
“Who cares! I'll be fine!!”
 
“If you say so…” He knew there was no point in arguing with her. If she wanted to go, she was going to go.
 
“Iori-kun,” Eiji started quietly, “I'm glad that you're okay.” She turned her head slightly, her face going partially red. “I-I was kind of worried about you.”
 
`There she goes again, getting all nervous. I hope nothing's wrong with her.' The boy gave her an assuring smile. “I'm glad too! I was worried sick about you! I promised to protect you, and I didn't.”
 
Before Eiji could retort, Gomamon slid up to the two, while smirking slyly at the Kendo training boy. “He was more frozen than a Popsicle in Antarctica, and he was still going to go out and look for you! He was incredibly persistent!”
 
“Stop being rude!!” Jou grabbed Gomamon and began to shake him. “Let them talk!”
 
“I'm only stating a fact,” the mammal grumbled.
 
“Okay Digimon, are you guys ready to fight one of the biggest battles of your lives?” Agumon asked, while pumping a fist into the air.
 
“Yeah!!” the others shouted.
 
“And we're going to save Gennai-san!” Hawkmon added.
 
“And save the home of my Ken-chan!” squeaked Wormmon.
 
“And the Digital World!” V-mon cried out energetically.
 
“And get revenge on Sorcerymon and his henchmon for destroying my Tree Condo!!”
 
“Condo?” Koushirou looked down at his Digimon partner. “You have a condo?”
 
“It's really nice,” Betamon complimented. “You guys should visit sometime.”
 
“Yes, Tentomon's place is the place to go to partay!” Gabumon said while dancing in place.
 
“Yeah, we always play card games!” Palmon added.
 
“Like Poker! It's a fun game!”
 
“Agumon,” Taichi put his hands on his hips, staring at the orange reptile in surprise, “who taught you guys how to play poker?”
 
“Tentomon taught us, d'gya.”
 
“How did he learn then?” asked Miyako.
 
“He has a computer with a great connection! He can connect to pretty much anything, including stuff from your world,” explained Palmon. “He learned through Yahoo Games!”
 
“He also has digital cable and a satellite!” Wormmon added on giddily.
 
“CARTOONS, CARTOONS, CARTOONS!! I LOVE THE ANIME AND CARTOONS, GAYA!!”
 
“The bar he has is quite nice. You can create pretty much any drink combination.”
 
“Hawkmon,” Miyako scolded, “you shouldn't be drinking alcohol!!”
 
At that moment, the hawk gave his human partner a sly, coy smirk; one that she'd never seen from the usually polite, sophisticated bird before. “Just because you're underage, Miyako-san, does not mean that I am.”
 
“I can't wait until Tentmon gets that swimming pool put in,” Piyomon chirped in awe.
 
“I like that big flat-panel big screen TV that can pick up 2000 stations!” V-mon clapped. “All of them can be tuned from your world; even America!”
 
“Yeah, and it's really nice since it has all that high quality surround sound!!” Patamon said. “Oh, and let's not forget about his stereo system!”
 
“Even Taichi wouldn't be able to sleep through the noise if the volume was all the way up, and we all know that he can sleep through anything!” Agumon snorted in laughter.
 
“So can Takeru,” laughed Patamon loudly.
 
All of the children stared at their partners in disbelief, especially Yamato who looked disturbed by Gabumon's dancing in place. It was like they'd forgotten about their current task at hand since discussion about Tentomon's place had risen and dominated the conversation. Meihui still just wished that the nightmare would end, and kept pinching herself in hopes of all of this being a dream, although, the idea of Tentomon's place did even interest her a little.
 
“They can't be serious…”
 
“But Jou, like you've always said…” began Gomamon.
 
“…anything is possible in the Digital World,” everyone else finished up.
 
“I'm not going to say another word,” muttered Jou.
 
Koushirou rubbed his chin, his curiosity taking him over. “I wonder how and where Tentomon is getting this power for his place. I wonder how fast his wireless connection is, since I had a difficult time getting a signal since I've been here. I wonder if it's better than mine.”
 
“Um guys, we have some business to take care of,” Sora reminded them.
 
“Yeah, she's right,” Taichi agreed sternly. “You can figure out all that computer junk later, Koushirou! We have to get going! We're wasting time!”
 
“But how do we get there and where are we going?” asked Piyomon.
 
“Just leave that up to your human partners,” Angellina told them. “Just follow your hearts and go with your instincts.”
 
Taichi pulled out his Digivice obliviously, and held it up to his chest. He looked to be concentrating. Yamato and Daisuke did the same. It was as if something was telling them to do so. Their Digimon were all by their sides, and their Digivices started to glow - orange for Taichi; blue for Yamato; golden for Daisuke - and a beam of light shot out from each towards the darkest part of the sky…
 
Jou, Koushirou, and Iori did the same, as colored beams shot out from their Digivices towards the darkest part of the sky. Iori also held onto Eiji's hand, making sure that nothing would happen to her this time. Eiji felt her face burning from the boy's firm grip. She knew that they were younger, but she still saw the boy as his 11-year-old self; one of the nicest, most polite boys she'd ever had the honor of meeting.
 
Next up were Sora, Mimi, and Miyako. They concentrated as well, as beams of light shot out from their Digivices towards the darkest part of the sky.
 
After those three, Michael, Takeru, Hikari, and Ken did so. When all the beams of light were aimed in the same spot, the center where their lights were being aimed opened up. They then soon felt themselves being transported towards it, along with their Digimon who felt fully energized. After the last of them had gone through, it closed behind them.
 
Meihui could only stare up at the spot, her heart aching some. She didn't want the children to fight; she didn't want “Izumi-sama”, to fight. “I hope they'll be okay.”
 
“I have faith in all of them. I am certain that they will do well.”
 
“Like Angellina said, the Holy Beast Guardians are usually never wrong; those children know what they're doing.”
 
“I'm really sorry I ever doubted Digimon now. I feel terrible…especially for all of the things I said.”
 
Angellina put a hand on her shoulder. “That's okay, Meihui-san. It's not too surprising that you didn't believe at first. Now, let us go. This place is a bit cumbersome, and I'm sure we can monitor the battle better at my place. It's difficult to from here.”
 
“But how will we get there? You said earlier that it takes a while to get to wherever it is you're from.”
 
“She has her ways,” Swanmon told her while stretching her massive wings.
 
Angellina smiled at her partner. She had finally stopped being so doubting. “Grab my hand, young one.” Meihui did so. “Now, close your eyes and clear your mind. Concentrate on something content, or something that you hope to obtain someday.” Meihui nodded. The first thing that came to her mind, was her back in school, along with Koushirou, and challenging Miyako like always. Since she was concentrating so much on that, she didn't notice that the three of them were now moving, floating above the ground. Within a flash, the three of them vanished into thin air. Angellina had teleported them.
 
Unbeknownst to them, was a stranger who had overheard pretty much everything, and witnessed the Chosen Children vanishing into the sky. Since this stranger knew where Angellina was going, he felt it was wise to go there him self, as he felt it was the right thing to do, and yet, he had no idea why he felt that it was…
 
Author's Notes
 
Note 1: Kiseki (??) means “miracles”. I know; I couldn't come up with anything else for him. Eiyo (??) simply means “honor”. I felt it suited a character like Iori. Oh, something completely irrelevant, I always felt that miracles and hope were two of the most important crest traits. Why? I have no idea.
***
Note 2: I've personally always felt that Miyako deserved the Digimental of Knowledge more so than Iori because she is more knowledgeable. Iori is just very wise for his age, which is different from one's having a large abundance of knowledge, but this is just my opinion on the entire thing. I really felt that Daisuke could've really suited having the Digimental of Love, since he's so friendly and you can't have friendship without love and vice-versa. That aside, I bet the main reason they gave Miyako “love” was due to the fact that she was the new girl of the group. I also couldn't see a person like Miyako with the Digimental of Courage either in place of love.
***
Note 3: Swanmon is what Tailmon would evolve to if she used the Digimental of Love. That's why I had Tailmon do the analyzer, since it's a part of her evolutionary line. Originally, I had Tentomon griping over the fact that Tailmon got to do the analyzer for Swanmon, but I decided against that, and cut it out.