Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digidreams Do Come True! ❯ A Trip Through Darkness! ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 29: “??!!
Mata!!”
Not again!!” A Trip Through Darkness!
 
After the gate closed on the children, they all felt themselves traveling pretty fast. It was similar to the way they came, going through lots of darkness. The only light visible was the faint one from their Digivices.
 
“I don't like this!!” Miyako wailed.
 
“Don't worry,” Sora assured her in an almost motherly fashion, “we're still all together.”
 
“I'll keep you safe, Miyako-san!” Hawkmon told her valiantly as he hugged onto his human partner.
 
As they traveled through this unusual gateway path, a big light shined over all of them, and their crest symbols appeared on their chests. After a while, they felt themselves stop in mid-air, and fall. After landing onto the indistinguishable ground, the children ended up separated once again. They had all fallen in different places.
 
It was quite confusing, this place. Looking up, they could get faint glimpses of the Digital World; below, they could see their world, barely. The place that they all ended up in was pretty dark. They weren't in their world, nor were they in the Digital World, but someplace in between.
 
Each child began to walk around, trying to find their way, wherever that was. It was like walking through a labyrinth shut up in a closet.
 
“Where are we and where are the others?”
 
“I don't know, Taichi,” Agumon responded while looking around. “It's like we lost them.”
 
“But we were all together.” Agumon just shrugged to Taichi (who had started walking, while calling out for the others). `What's with all this damn darkness anyway…'
****
“Oh no, not again!” groaned Daisuke.
 
“Don't worry; we'll find the others,” V-mon told him confidently.
 
“I hope so; I hate the dark.”
****
“Patamon! Where are you Patamon!!”
 
“I'm right here, Takeru!”
 
Takeru knelt down and picked the small mammal up. “Don't run off,” he said while hugging him. “We have to find Hikari-chan and the others.”
 
“Yeah, and I hope we find a light,” Patamon shook. “I don't like the dark.”
****
While the children were wandering around aimlessly, growing more and more lost in the darkness, three Digimon were having trouble trying to execute their plans…
 
“It seems that Angellina sent those children after me somehow,” the Dark Digimon stated nonchalantly.
 
“What should we do?” asked Zanbamon.
 
“We probably won't have to do much of anything. The reason this gateway is so dark, is because of me. Those children will probably remain lost in this darkness after we've entered their world. After that's done, we'll make sure that the gate closes on this end, therefore entrapping them here for all eternity.” The demon frowned slightly. `Too bad I won't be able to obtain the powers of the ex-Kaiser's dark spore. I'm sure that at the age he is now, it would be very strong and potent, powering me up immensely.'
 
“A very nice plan, sir,” Zanbamon complimented, “but why exactly is it taking Sorcerymon so long to open up the gate to the human world. We're stuck in between worlds.”
 
“It takes time to open up an illegal gateway, but it usually doesn't take me this long or this much effort,” Sorcerymon told the two. “I have no idea why we're stuck here.
 
“I'm sure that after I open the gate, you two can go through, and then I'll go back, and bring the troops through to invade.”
 
“Oh no…” the three heard a small voice breathed out in a whisper.
 
The robed Digimon turned, his eyes glowing once again. “I thought I heard someone.”
 
Zanbamon looked, just as Sorcerymon did. The portal to the human world was 25% open. The three saw a small girl, who looked to be frightened for her life. Somehow, when separated from the other children, this particular girl ended up wandering toward their enemy.
 
“It's that girl that Nohemon failed to do away with!” the Dark Digimon growled as he stared at her. The girl felt like his glowing eyes were piercing into her soul, which made her shiver.
 
“Um, I think I should get going now,” she meekly chuckled as she tried to inch away from the three.
 
Sorcerymon stepped in front of her before she could run off, and grabbed her by the neck. He held her up, tears about to stream down her face.
 
“Get rid of her!” Sorcerymon's master ordered. “Finish what that no good excuse of an assassin couldn't!”
 
“With pleasure.”
 
The wizard like Digimon used his free hand, and held it against her forehead. He then had that same look of concentration he would get whenever conjuring up some type of a spell. Her eyes went wide, as she did the only thing she could possibly do…
 
“Stop!!! Stop it!!!” she screamed out. “*TASUKETE!!!” her voice echoed.
 
Everyone, who had been wandering, could hear the call for help and went towards the sound. Unfortunately, the more and more each person ran the further into the darkness they ended up.
 
“Tentomon, come on! Someone is in trouble!”
 
“I'm right behind you, Koushirou-han!”
****
“Eiji-san!” Iori gasped. “She's in trouble! That sounded like her scream!”
 
“We have to find our way to her, d'gya!”
 
For some extraordinary reason, Iori was the only one of the children to find his way through the darkness, to the clearing where Zanbamon, Sorecerymon, and the Dark, robed Digimon stood. His eyes went wide as he saw his classmate in danger.
 
“Leave Eiji-san alone!!!” The three just ignored the small boy, as Sorcerymon continued with his deed. Iori sensed a strange, dark aura forming in the hand of the sorcerer.
 
“I-Iori-kun…”
 
“*Yamete!!!!” Iori shouted out again. The attack was growing stronger; he could tell. Iori closed his eyes, and shook his head in complete frustration. He didn't want to fathom the thought of his potential friend being killed, especially after he'd promised to protect her. Iori felt completely hopeless, as his eyes began to tear. There was nothing he could physically do to help. Having Armadimon evolve wouldn't have been of any help, because Zanbamon and the other Digimon would definitely interfere, preventing him to even get close, and he wouldn't have had the time to anyway.
 
`What do I do? I have to save her!! How will I save her? Armadimon can't do much in this situation, and I have no means to fight against them myself. If only Miyako-san were here with Hawkmon. Hawkmon could armor evolve to Shurimon, and grab Eiji-san before either of them could blink.'
 
`He came to help me. He really is a knight, but after me, they'll hurt him. I can't let them hurt Iori-kun and his friends…but-but what can I do…'
 
Sorcerymon was just about to blast the girl, when she called out, “Iori-kun!!” A glowing symbol formed in the center of her chest, and soon, eight more surrounded it: courage; love; knowledge; purity; sincerity; hope; light; kindness. Friendship was the one in the center, currently. The light that was now coming from her, shined upwards. The light was so intense, that Sorcerymon dropped the girl, shielding his eyes, just as his comrades were. Iori, squinting, made his way towards her, Armadimon by his side.
 
Each child, who had been wandering around within the darkness saw the brightly shaped lights in the sky, and made their ways towards it. Due to Iori's coming when he did, it helped Eiji to realize how much Iori's friendship and heroics meant to her, which triggered her into showing off all nine crest shapes. The crest shape of love soon joined that of friendship in the center. The two that had the brightest glow, currently, were friendship and love.
 
“What's going on!” the Dark Digimon demanded.
 
“It's the Chosen Children,” Sorcerymon confirmed, his eyes squinted.
 
“How did they find us?” Zanbamon asked.
 
“It's that girl!” the Dark Digimon rumbled as his eyes flickered dangerously towards Eiji. “She's responsible for this!!”
 
“So you're the Digimon that's been causing all of the trouble!” Daisuke concluded, his right fist clenched.
 
“It's like Angellina-san was saying,” Hikari pointed out. “It's like he's trying to plunge both worlds into darkness, just like with BelialVamdemon!”
 
The light coming from Eiji died down, as she remained beside Iori. The Dark Digimon snorted. “So what if I am. Darkness is all I know how to live in. It's all that I am accustomed to, thanks you children.”
 
“But who are these Digimon? Why are they doing this?” Michael pondered. “We know what they're doing, but it seems pointless to do it without a reason.”
 
The Dark Digimon felt he had kept his identity secret long enough and removed his hood, showing his beastly face. All of the children gasped at the sight…
 
 
Author's Notes
 
Note 1: Tasukete simply means “Please help.”
***
Note 2: Yamete, pretty much means, “Please stop.”