Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Clone wars ❯ The Mystery grows. ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
 
Four years later…
 
Preschool teacher, Kari Kamiya was supposed to be teaching a class today, but all the preschools had been closed for 2 months now.
 
Children had been reported to be missing throughout Japan, and there was no indication that they were snatched out of their homes.
 
It was as if they deliberately ran away from home, but as to why they did, nobody knew.
 
What seemed most interesting, was whoever was behind this only seemed to be capturing the Children of the Digidestined, and the baby Digimon.
 
Tai's son, Takato was the first to go, and with him went Koromon #2. Next, Mimi's son, Jordan and his Digimon were taken away from home.
 
Followed by Izzy's Daughter, Suzy, and Cody's daughter, Joanne were gone, and their two Digimon.
 
Joe son, Hennery, and TK's son, Tommy were snatched away too! So were their Digimon.
 
The police were already chatting with Sora and Matt, for their son Takuya, their Dauther, Zoë, and Digimon had already just been reported missing.
 
The Digidestined had already met at the Police station where Ken, and was going over the reports.
 
“Well… any leads yet!” asked Sora, Ken shook his head. “Of all the cases I've had, this is the toughest yet!” he said.
 
As a Detectives, Ken and Wormon had solved many mysteries together, but for the first time ever, they were stumped.
 
“All we can tell you is, whoever is doing this is going to come back for the remaining children!” said Ken.
 
“Ken, you mean!” cried Yolei. Ken stared at his wife and nodded sadly “Our kids may be next!”
 
Yolei Gasped, she remembered she had left the Kids at home under Hawkmon's watch.
 
The entire team raced to Ichijouji's apartment, but found Hawkmon bound and gagged to a chair.
 
They hastily untied him, but he looked up at them with tears in his eyes. “Yolei… Ken, I'm ever so sorry!” he sobbed. “They're gone!”
 
Yolei and ken checked all the bedrooms. Their Baby girl, Tina was gone, as well as their older son Joey, and their other Daughter, Tanya.
 
“No… my babies!” cried Yolei, she collapsed to her knees and sobbed away. Ken stooped down, and wrapped his arms around his wife, and cried himself.
 
“I swear!” growled Ken. “Whoever is behind all this, I will make them Pay if it's THE LAST THING I DO!!!”
 
* * *
 
Later on, everybody went home, and Ken had requested a state of emergency to all children in Tokyo.
 
It was posted up all over the news.
 
* * *
 
The number of missing children has increased by so much, the mayor has declared a state of emergency”
 
“Citizens are not permitted tolet their Children out of their sight for an instant!”
 
* * *
 
Everyone was in lament over the loss of their children, but worried even more about Kari and Davis.
 
Their children were still with them. Well… only Kari's son Koji was, anyway. Davis was the only one of them who did not join the search.
 
That was the least of their worries, the biggest thing was; Neither one of them had seen or heard from Davis in a very, very long time!”
 
Ever since Kari's wedding to Tenshin, Davis was never heard from again, and after his Noodle business was closed down, it was as if he dropped off the face of the Earth.
 
Kari was the only one who probably knew why Davis never bothered to return phone calls, emails, or even visits.
 
Everyone else assumed that Davis stopped working because he had his son, Musuko to look after.
 
But only Kari knew, it was the fact that Davis never got over his crush on her, because Musuko wasn't born until after she had her son, Koji.
 
Kari never thought Davis was willing to cast himself away from the world because of a silly crush he had on her years ago.
 
Unless… it was the only explanation. Davis had no crush on Kari at all, he was deeply in love with her.
 
When Kari announced she and Tenshin were getting married, she could only have imagined that Davis' whole world…
 
No… his whole UNIVERSE had exploded right in front of his face. No wonder he didn't come to the Wedding, or any other parties to celebrate.
 
Davis worked so hard to be with, and she didn't even give him a chance, and after all he had done in the past.
 
* * *
 
Who continued on in battle when all hope seemed lost?
Who wasn't afraid of the consequences if failure were to occur?
Who saved the Digi destined, and the world several times solo?
Who came up with almost all the good ideas?
Who did nearly all the work?
 
DAVIS!!
 
Even in school before TK showed up, Davis was so kind to Kari, he was like a second brother to her.
 
Who Helped Kari bandage wounds when she hurt herself?
Who shared his lunch with Kari when she forgot her own?
Who beat off the bullies who picked on Kari?
Who did Davis help study for tests when no one else would?
Who taught Kari not to be afraid of the Darkness?
 
DAVIS!
 
Davis… Davis… all the time Davis!
 
* * *
 
He ruined his life for her, and how did she repay him? By flirting with TK to make him feel jealous. Making it look as though he never could make a difference.
 
Well… you can bet your boots that Davis would want to go away and never see her or any of the others again.
 
At least she knew he had all the money in the world from his noodle works to sustain him and his son, but that was another mystery.
 
Davis was 37-years old, and he never had a single date in his life, he hardly even went near women, even if they had crushes on him.
This was obviously due to the fact that he was in Lament of losing Kari to another man, Tenshin!
 
Then where did his son Musuko come from? He looked almost exactly like his father, so he wasn't adopted.
 
Kari did know, Davis' sister Jun, who was also a Doctor like Joe, she was present when Musuko when he was born.
 
For all these years now, the team had been trying to coax it out of her about who Musuko really was, but Jun wouldn't tell them, she couldn't tell them.
 
But that wasn't the only problem! Shortly after Kari had Koji, everyone wondered why Koji didn't really look like Tenshin at all.
 
Kari remembered, she was getting rather sick stomachs shortly before her wedding day and honeymoon.
 
That was all before she and Tenshin slept together, but Kari found out that she had pregnant for a few weeks at least, nobody else did though.
 
They all just assumed she got Pregnant fast by Tenshin, Kari had to see a Doctor and fast, and Jun was the best choice.
 
She went to see Jun secretly about her baby, and asked for a DNA sample, because she remembered something horrifying.
 
* * *
 
Kari and Tenshin had been preparing their wedding behind everyone's back, before telling them the news.
 
Kari Told everyone on her birthday that she and Tenshin were engaged. As expected, everyone except for Davis was thrilled.
 
He didn't even say anything to her or the others for the rest of the evening… until
 
The party quieted down, and everyone had left, but Kari and Davis were alone in the apartment together.
 
Davis and Kari had drunk a lot of Champaign that night, and if they knew there was Alcohol in it, they probably would've left it be.
 
Kari and Davis were completely out of their skulls; Drunk as Poets on labour day.
 
They were not aware of anything that they did or said, Including… They slept together in Kari's bed.
 
Davis did go home that night, but when Kari woke up the next morning she wondered why she was sleeping naked!
 
“Oh no!” she cried, “It can't be!”
 
She couldn't have slept with Tenshin, he was out of town gathering things for the wedding.
 
Then she remembered, that both she and Davis had been drinking last night
 
* * *
 
When Jun came back with the sample, it was a perfect match, Davis was the father of her baby, not Tenshin!
 
Kari was pregnant with Davis' baby, and she couldn't find it in her heart for an abortion.
 
She and Jun kept it to themselves, not to tell a living soul, especially Tenshin or Davis.
 
Then Tenshin died in a car crash, and Kari was now a single unwedded mother, to Davis Motomiya's first born.
 
Luckily Koji was only two years old, so he didn't remember a thing of Tenshin, or his death.
 
Kari was in a real mess.
 
She broke Davis' heart and caused him to distant himself from the world, and she was still keeping secret about Koji being his son.
 
Of all the times she had teased him, it was now official, she was being downright CRUEL AND INSESITIVE!!!
 
Even if she wasn't drunk that evening, she wondered. Was she reconsidering her decision about Tenshin, and switch to Davis.
 
She didn't know, he was one of her closest friends, maybe, just maybe, she wanted to repay for all his kindness throughout the years.
 
But now he was gone, when she could use his help and companionship most, her son Koji was the only one left to be captures.
 
She wasn't going to let that happen!