Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Dark Journey ❯ Chapter 1 Arrival ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

By: Leo Half-Bauncho
 
Digimon Dark Journey
 
Introducing Digimon Dark Journey, Finally, the Mystery of the Dark Area, revealed. And just who were the five original digi-Destined? Ever wanted to see all the digiworlds combine? Witness it, finally. Digimon Adventure 02, with guest appearances by the cast of Adventure, Tamers, Frontier, Savers! And several original characters, human and digimon, combined into one grand Journey through the dark area!
 
Prologue
 
Ken and Yolie were at Ken's house. Ken was helping her with her math homework. She'd been sick for a week, so she had several boatloads to get done. Hawkmon and Wormmon came in carrying snakes, when Light started shining out of both Ken and Yolie's pockets. They pulled them out, and a portal appeared on Ken's laptop, drawing all 4 of them into it.
 
Davis was trying to figure out the new laptop he'd bought, so he could record his sales. Afternoons and weekends, he'd been running his noodle cart with Veemon, and business was booming. His D3, which was sitting next to him, started sending out light and beeping. Davis picked it up, and noticed his computer now had a digi-port on it. He and Veemon vanished into it.
 
Kari was just getting her book signed by TK, who was celebrating the release of his best book yet, and the completion to his recent trilogy. “And who should I make this one out to?” He asked kiddingly. Kari answered in kind. “Oh, just an old friend.” She smiled at him. Gatomon winked to Patamon, who was sitting on TK's head. TK and Kari's D3's started beeping just then, and TK's laptop reacted. In seconds, the four of them had been dragged through, vanishing.
 
Cody had just got to Noriko's house when his D3 went off. He noticed his backpack getting hot, and pulled out his laptop. Just as Noriko opened the door, Cody and Armadillomon were sucked into it. Noriko stood staring, having no clue as to what was going on.
 
 
Takato dived forward, shouting, “Rika, watch out!” He had just met up with Rika and Henry, and Renamon and Terriermon, in the park near the old hiding place, when they had been enveloped by a digital mist that appeared in under a second flat. That wasn't all. It was red. Worse yet, something was attacking them.
 
Takato collided with Rika, knocking her down and out of the way of the blast, which singed his back. Rika opened her mouth to say something, but all she got out was “What…” When brilliant light erupted from the 3 Tamer's D-Archs and they vanished with their Digimon. The red digital mist remained a few seconds, and then vanished as well.
 
 
Takuya was heading to the park to meet the other 6 digidestined when he ran into Koji. “Hey Koji, how ya doing?”
Koji gave him a glance, grinned, and kept walking, to the same place as Takuya. They were, after all, both digidestined and legendary warriors. Or the descendants of them at least.
 
Just at the moment they reached the park, where Tommy, Kouichi, J.P. and Zoe were all waiting, Their D-Tector's went off, and the two vanished in a blaze of light that they had last seen went they performed spirit evolution.
 
 
Yoshino stood with Touma and Ikuto, Chika, and all the others. The Digital Gate was being reopened today. Masaru was supposed to be coming back, along with all the Digimon. The new working was that the gate would open once a year, for a 1 week period. Everything was running smoothly.
 
The Gate appeared. Out of it stepped 3 people. Well, 1 person and two Digimon. Masaru with Agumon and Falcomon.
 
“Falcomon!” Ikuto cried joyously and ran forward. Falcomon, Masaru, and Agumon charged forward as well. But where they should have met in the middle, instead they all disappeared into another digital gate that appeared just as all 4 burst digivices started shooting white light. All 4 disappeared into the gate. Seconds later, as everyone was just starting to react, and as the second group of Digimon was arriving, the gate closed.
 
 
Chapter 1 Arrival
 
Ken, Yolie, Hawkmon, and Wormmon stared about them at the bleakness, the darkness, the dreariness of the place. It was absolutely horrifyingly depressing. Ken gasped. “No, no it can't be. It can't possibly be… The dark ocean!” And yet there it was the sea, lapping up on the shore, the same familiar darkness engulfing everything.
 
A scream split the air. Then two shouts. “Kari!” Both voices exclaimed, one right next to the scream, the other more distant. A fourth voice sounded, behind Ken and Yolie. “Ken, is that you?”
 
Another voice spoke, same direction, but with a distinct and very familiar accent. “I think it is!” Cody came out of the mist alongside Armadillomon.
 
Yolie is shocked. “Cody, what are you doing here?”
 
“I don't know what's going on. I was just at Noriko's when my D3 went off and my laptop sucked me through to here, wherever here is.
 
“Ken says it is the dark ocean.”
 
Cody looked to Ken. He nodded, then started, stood up, and looked ready to sprint off. “Come on Yolie, Cody, I'm sure that scream was Kari. We should see if she's ok, this place has as bad of memories for her as it does for me.”
 
 
 
Davis arrived to the seen of a Kari kneeling on the ground, eyes closed, hands on her head, shaking her head and muttering to herself. “no, no, it can't be, I broke that influence, I did, I can't be here.” TK was attempting to comfort her.
 
“Is she alright TK?” Davis came over, trying to figure out what to do. Veemon followed behind. Patamon and Gatomon appeared at just that instant, Patamon landing next to Kari, while Gatomon went to her and hugged her, whispering, “Kari, it's alright, everything will be ok. We can figure out what's going on. You aren't alone. You beat this place before, we'll do it again.”
 
TK got up and went over to Davis, “I think she will be. She's as strong as ever. It was just such a huge shock to be back in this place. I never thought I'd see it again either.”
 
Veemon spoke, asking, “This is the dark ocean, right?” TK nodded. Ken and the others arrived. “What's happened, is Kari ok?” TK and Davis spoke at the same time. “She's just shocked, she should be fine in a minute if Gatomon as anything to say about it.” They turned and glared at each other, then grinned, remembering their old rivalry. Gatomon commented. “Which I do.”
 
Kari stood up. She was still breathing a little heavily, but she was no shivering, and her face was clenched in determination, not fear. “I'm fine now. I'm sorry to worry you.”
 
“It's fine” said 12 voices at once, which was one too many. Everyone turned to look toward the sound.
 
“Up here.” A kid, of about 15, was sitting in the tree. He wore fire red and yellow shirt and shoes, with black jeans. The shirt was a khaki, with flame designs on it. He had a headband tied around his head. It was black. It appeared to be holding back a large mess of hair.
 
“who are you?” asked Ken. All 6 digimon were tensed, ready for a fight.
 
“I'd tell you to relax, but I expect that will be impossible considering the bombshell I'm about to drop. I'm one of those who summoned you here. We need your help.”
 
“You brought us here!” Several of the Digimon, primarily Gatomon, Veemon, and Wormmon, looked at though they were about to attack.
 
“Well, we didn't know who we'd get, but yes, we activated the Digi-caller that brought you here. And I'm sorry for shock, especial to the cute one there, it looks like she has a lot of bad memories of this place. I can't say I blame her.”
 
Davis, TK, Veemon, and Gatomon took a step forward. Patamon flapped into the air. “No stop, don't. I'm fine, and He didn't know it would do that to me.”
 
Davis wasn't quite ready to quit. “He still ripped us here against our will.”
 
This time Cody spoke. “But I'm sure he has a very good reason for it.”
 
The kid grinned. “We do. WE need your help to avert disaster, stop the Great Demon lords, and get us back home, if we still have one.”
 
“Eh?” was the general reaction, but no further explanation was to be provided. An explosion went off towards the shore. The kid spoke into his wristwatch. “Blazermon, what was that?”
 
“Dark servant. Trying to sneak along the beach towards you. I had to blast him. Better move.”
 
“Right. We need to go, now.”
 
“What, why? What's going on now?” Asked TK. “Yeah1” added Patamon.
 
“Servants of the ruler of this sector have found us. We need to move before they catch us. We can't afford to fight right now.”
 
“Why not?” asked Hawkmon. “We can all fight, we're all strong!” Veemon threw in.
 
“not here, not now you aren't. you just got here, you don't understand how this place works. Especial since it has changed so much since any of you fought here. I need you to trust me without any logical reason.” His face was determined, his manner tensed, but confident. There was a firey glint in his eyes, a fighter's glint.
 
“Alright, everyone, follow this guy's lead. We can trust him.” Everyone, except Wormmon and Ken, stared at Davis.
 
“How do you know?”
 
“It's like when Wormmon led me to the digi-egg of miracles on board ken's base back when he was the emperor. I just had this feeling. There was a sincerity he carried that a Digimon, or person, couldn't fake.” Several of them were still not convinced.
 
“I'm with Davis.” Kari was speaking. Ken followed. “Me too.”
 
“Fine, let's go.”
 
“Glad we settled that. Now follow please.” The kid leapt to the ground, and dashed off away from the shore and to the left. Everyone followed.
 
Cody heard another explosion as he was running. He turned to look. He saw a slightly larger than man sized Digimon, covered in red and yellow, Shooting through the sky. For a second, he thought it was a Meramon, but it was the wrong color, and built wrong. Then he thought it was Flamedramon. That was closer, but still not right.
 
“Cody, come on, we're goin ta get left behind.” Cody started out of his trance, turned, and dashed off after the others with Armadillomon.
 
Chapter 1, part 2
 
“…you doing?” she demanded as she tried to move Takato off her. He was heavy, and apparently in no rush to move. She slid out from under him, and it was then she realized he was hurt. The portion of his back scorched by the beam was completely red, some of it bleeding. She gasped. “Oh Takato.”
 
Apparently, Takato was still conscious, because he turned his head a little to look at her, smiled, and said, “Sorry Rika, I thought it was going to hit you.” He tried to get up, and collapsed. Renamon, Henry, and Guilmon came hurrying over, Terriermon atop Henry's head.
 
Guilmon nudged Takato with his nose. “Takatomon?”
 
Rika just knelt there, next to Takato, crying, and quivering with, well, it wasn't anger, not at Takato. It was fear for him, anger at herself, and whatever did this to him. She wasn't sure where this was coming from, but it didn't seem to matter.
 
Henry bent down to try and get Takato up, or wake him, or check him. Suddenly Guilmon and Renamon stiffened. “Rika, something is here.”
 
“Don't move him, you'll make it worse.”
 
“Ma … Ma'am, I haven't secured the area yet, ma'am.”
 
“That's alright Commandramon, there isn't time. We have a wounded soldier on our hands, and odds are he got that way because the enemy already knows where we are, or at least about them. We have to treat this best we can, then move.” A girl stepped out of the shadows, dressed mostly in black, but with traces of white hidden beneath the black. A Digimon appeared right next to Renamon, making her jump backwards and take a fighting stance. It was some kind of dragon or dino type, but dressed up like a soldier, complete with an assault rifle slung on its back.
 
*Commandramon, a dragon type Digimon that is part of the D-brigade. It fights with a rifle. It is capable of blending into nearly any environment, and can thus strike without ever revealing its presence.*
 
She walked straight toward Takato. Guilmon stayed tense, but he was more worried about Takato being unconscious than worried about this girl. Rika looked up at her, finally getting ahold of herself.
 
The girl knelt down next to Takato. “Commandramon, the ointment.”
 
“Yes ma'am.” The Digimon reached into its pack, pulled out a small canister, and handed it to the girl.
 
She poured some on her hand, then began to rub it into the scorched redness on Takato's back. Rika stood up, she nearly grabbed the bottle and stopped the girl, but found she couldn't reach, the girl held it out of her reach. “What are you doing to him?!”
 
“Treating this dark energy burn quickly. We have to do this now, else it will get infected, and he'll die. He may already be infected. My name, by the way, is Tina Cortez. I'm a digi-destined. Like the ones from the tv show. Here, help me rub this in.” she held the canister out to Rika. Terriermon started to say something, but Henry cut him off. Now wasn't the time for one of Terriermon's smart mouthed comments. Rika looked ready to kill.
 
“If he doesn't get better I'll…”
 
“I know. I'll deserve it.”
 
Rika just nodded, and started rubbing in the ointment. She had just covered the last portion of his burnt back when…
 
“Ma'am/Rika, something is coming!” Commandramon and Renamon spoke simultaineously.
 
“Great, I knew they'd find us. Commandramon, on point. Everyone else, stay close, I don't care how good you think you are are scouting and stealth, you aren't good enough here. You,” she said, pointing at Henry. “Help me carry him. Stay close, and whatever you do, don't stop to fight, keep moving. You aren't ready to fight here. The dark doom and gloom look isn't just for show.”
 
Henry looped Takato's arm over his shoulder, Tina doing the same with his other arm. She looked at Rika. “stop worrying so much and be strong. Believe he will be ok, and he stands a damned good chance of being just that. This place feeds on negativity, worry, fear, darkness. Right, we're going. Stay silent, watch me.” They all set off at a fast pace.
 
Chapter 1, part 3
 
Takuya blinked in the darkness. It was kinda like being on the dark continent again, but this wasn't just eternal night, this was worse. It was drab, dreary, grey. There was no real color to the place. Even his red furry hands were a much drabber red than they should have been. Wait, red furry hands? He felt his face, looking at ever inch of him he could. Then he looked over at Koji. It was worse. He groaned. “oh no, not again. I already did the see myself from a digimon's point of view thing.”
 
“Takuya, what the hell is going on? Why am I a Digimon? Why are you? I mean, this doesn't feel like spirit evolution.”
 
“I'm pretty sure it isn't. I've been in this form once before. But this doesn't seem anything like that time.”
 
“That's because I'm pretty sure it's nothing like that time. You two were summoned here, to the dark area, because we needed help. I can only assume that you must be the spirit evolution guys, and that the digi-caller didn't have any normal means of bringing you here. So perhaps you fused with your Digimon spirits, and came her in spirit.”
 
Koji and takuya looked up to see a kid with goggles, riding a black and blue dragon dog Digimon, with a lightning bolt horn. He smiled a warm smile. They both tensed. “I guess last time you actually had a choice. Consider yourselves lucky you ever had one. The originals didn't. if you want to know more, climb on and come with me. I give you my word I intend you no ill, and neither does Raidramon here.”
 
Takuya looked at Koji (I wonder what Digimon he is?), Koji looked at Takuya (it can't hurt. I'm a Digimon now, I'll just attack him if he turns on us. If we're riding, I should be out of range of his raidramon's usually attacks, anything else he might not use for fear of hurting his rider). They nodded, stood, and climbed on. Raidramon took off in a leap and a bound, disappearing rapidly.
 
They had not been running long when Takuya asked the question burning in his mind. “Hey Koji, What Digimon are you?”
 
Koji retorted, “What Digimon are you?”
 
“Flamemon is the name of it. And just so you know, I didn't ask anyone the name, I kinda just knew it.”
 
Koji accepted this, thought for a bit, and then reflected, it really was like getting hit with a lightning bolt, it just didn't actually hurt. “Strabimon.”
 
“Sounds cool.”
 
“Yeah, much better than Flamemon.”
 
“Hey…”
 
“Not so loud, you two, we have to keep quiet, raidramon running is loud enough.” The kid on the Raidramon's neck spoke back to them. Takuya and Koji both stopped talking, and started thinking. Well, Koji started thinking, Takuya started wondering. He put his hands up to scratch his head, and found he still had his goggles. Now that was interesting. He grinned to himself.
 
 
Chapter 1 part 4
 
“Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Umph!” Masaru landed hard, and Ikuto landed on top of him. Then, “Aniki!” and out popped Agumon, to land atop Ikuto. Falcomon glided out and landed gracefully.
 
They picked themselves up. “Aniki, what's going on, I don't recognize this place.” Masaru shook some dust off, and looked at Ikuto and Falcomon, both extremely nervous at the strange and dark appearance of wherever they were. They didn't know what this place is either.
 
Masaru held his fist up. “When I found out who's idea of a joke this is, I'm going to knock him a good one.”
 
“Glad to let you have the chance, but we don't have time right now. Although, if you insist that's the only way to convince you, I will. Afterall, you can't trust a man who's afraid to meet your fist. Right?” A kid walked out of the shadows with a, well, it looked like an ordinary husky/wolf, except for the icicles growing out of its neck fur, tail fur, and along its back. The guy was about Masaru's age, and held his fists in a fighting stance. He charged.
 
Masaru grinned, and charged as well. They met in the center, fists colliding with the other's face. Then they broke apart. “Convinced enough? We can finish later, this is the wrong place for it.”
 
Masaru nodded. “Ikuto, let's go. I don't know where this place is, but we can follow this guy. He has true fists.”
 
“Aniki, you're so cool!”
 
Ikuto and Falcomon looked at each other, then followed Masaru and Agumon behind the kid and his Digimon. Neither noticed the shadow following them.