Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Dark Journey ❯ Meeting ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2 meeting.
 
The D3 crew(as they are hereby dubbed for the purposes of this fic) has slowed to a walking pace because their guide had said they were almost at their destination. It was at this point that they finally got to meet Blazermon, who popped out of the sky to land lightly and gracefully next to their guide.
 
“Everything is cleared for now Leo. So who'd we get?” he looked back at the 12 digi-destined.
 
“The D3 crew. Blazermon, meet Davis, TK, Ken, Yolie, Cody, and Kari. And their Digimon: Gatomon, Hawkmon, Armadillomon, Patamon, Veemon, and Wormmon. People and Digimon, meet Blazermon, my partner.”
 
“WOW. Just WOW.” Every Digimon there was stunned for a second. Davis was Awed. Cody spoke, “He kinda looks like Flamedramon, doesn't he?”
 
Blazermon stood 8ft tall. He was almost completely covered in red and yellow clothe, with armor on his forearms, chest, and lower legs. He wore a helmet. The only portions of his orange skin exposed were the tips of his fingers, his wrists, ankles, neck, eyes, shoulders, and his orange tail. For hair he had a blazing fire. His eyes were orange depths. All the armored portions were spiked, with blades on the forearms.
 
“I was made to fight and destroy Armor Digimon by the 7 great demon lords. I was made in the image of one of the most famous. They had captured Flamedramon, and taken him apart to make me. But they put to much of him in me, gave me too much free will. I broke out, left, and wandered. Finally, I met one who inspired a Flaming respect in my heart, something I had been missing.”
 
“Why did they need a special kind of Digimon to fight armors?” asked TK.
 
“Because their dark influence could not stop or interrupt armor digivolution, so it was for a time the only means of resistance for good Digimon. The Demon lords wanted to make an armor of armor mockeries to demoralize and destroy them. But since they couldn't pervert or corrupt the armor digivolutions, they captured armor Digimon and turned them directly into evil counterparts. Seeing their greatest heroes return in corrupted forms serving the demon lords would have meant utter defeat for the remaining Digimon. Instead, the only one to surive the process, me, escaped, and then the digi-destined arrived.” Blazermon smiled. “You know, we should save the explanations till we reach the safe zone, and everyone is together.”
 
He turned, and started walking. The other followed him. Several of the Digimon started talking to each other. Veemon was saying to Wormmon, “you know, I could probably still take him in my X-Veemon form.”
 
“Stingmon would give him a good fight.”
 
“Angemon would rip him a new one.”
 
“Ankylomon is way to slow to take that guy down!”
 
“oh and a giant flying bird is going to do any better?”
 
“Of course you uncouth ruffian, we birds are very powerful.”
 
“right.”
 
“Enough, we're here. And if you like, Leo and I can take on all 6 of you in your champion forms, once you figure out how to digivolve in the dark area, that is.”
 
Leo took a step forward, held out his arm, and his wristwatch started glowing. A door appeared. Leo opened it, and stepped though. He didn't come out the other side.
 
TK snapped his fingers. “its like pixiemon's barrier!”
 
Blazermon nodded. “now go through, everyone.”
 
“Cool.” Davis went straight through. After a few seconds, his head popped back out the door, and said, “come on!” Kari laughed and walked in. TK, suddenly grumpy, followed. Cody went through with Armadillomon, ken and Yolie went in last after the rest of the Digimon filed in. Blazermon went through and closed the door behind him.
 
They found themselves in a place were it seemed the sun shined. A huge pedestal, many stories tall, stood before them. Patterns, and digicode, covered it. A kid was sitting at the base, typing on a laptop. For a split second, they thought it was Izzy. But he didn't look anything like Izzy. Next to him was a raptor like Digimon, but it was small, curled on the ground. It couldn't have been more than 3 feet long. He looked up and back as they walked forward.
 
Leo was just about to speak when everyone heard a creaking sound, and then a shout. “Zach, We've got wounded! Dark beam I think!” Tina came through, she was carrying Takato between her and Henry. Guilmon followed, then Rika and Renamon. Last came Commandramon.
 
The kid with the laptop, Zach, shot to his feet, grabbed a bag no one had been able to see because he hid it from view, and ran towards them. Tina and Henry laid Takato on the ground. “Better stay back Guilmon.” Rika stood back from the others as Zach ran up.
 
Davis, Kari, and Yolie all started for where Takato lay, followed by their Digimon. The other 6 followed after them. Leo walked over, thus arriving last, while Blazermon started patrolling the perimeter of the barrier. Commandramon checked to make sure the door was closed, then stood guard, waiting for those he was sure had been following.
 
Henry and Rika looked up to see who was coming at the same instant. Henry stared. Rika blinked, started to stare when the image didn't change, but then tore her mind from it. Takato needed anything she could give, which didn't really seem to be anything. Tina had said believe he will be ok. So she did. *come on Takato, you can beat whatever that is. You've taken worse before. You can beat this. You have to.* that last one slipped in, and startled her because of how she meant it. Takato, but… *oh just calm down Rika. Get a grip. He's going to be fine.* she knelt down next to Takato. Renamon stood back, musing as to what exactly the battle she could see raging in Rika's face was about. A tear slipped down Rika's face.
 
Henry meanwhile, was awoken from his trance by Terriermon. “Henry, what's the matter?”
 
“It's the Digi-destined Terriermon. The ones from the TV show. There's Davis and Veemon, Kari and Gatomon, TK and…” he continued naming them as they approached. “They're really here, they're real. Not just fiction anymore. Just like Digimon.”
 
Davis arrived, panting, and held his hand out to Henry to shake. Henry took it. “Hi. I'm…”
 
“Davis Motomiya. And that's Veemon. My name's Henry Wong. I can't really express how amazing this is to meet you.”
 
Davis blinked. “Um, yeah, but how did you know that?”
 
Henry was almost gleeful. Normally it would have been Takato's thing to do this, but Henry was just as capable, if usually more calm. He started into the Whole explanation of the TV show. TK, Cody, and Ken all stood and listened behind Davis. The Digimon half listened, half played around with Terriermon, who was giving a much more lively explanation.
 
Kari knelt down next to Rika. She saw the tear. “I'm sure he'll be ok. I've been infected with Digital virus's before. I got better.”
 
“Hmmm? Oh, um, thanks. I, uh, I wasn't really worried.” Rika noticed the tear on her cheek, and put her hand up to wipe it away.
 
Kari smiled to herself. “oh course you weren't.” Zach grinned. “oh course he'll get better. Just believe. Amazing the power belief has in this world. Just wish Morgan was here, he's…”
 
“Zach, ease up on that talk. You're doing a great job. Besides, Morgan might have had Raidramon Zap the stuff out of him, and he and his friends both have been through enough already without seeing that.” Leo had arrived.
 
“Ma'am, dark servants approaching the barrier, direct ahead.”
 
Tina, who had been sitting, stood up, and went to stand next to Commandramon. Sure enough, a couple of dark servants were sniffing around the area. Following Takato's marked scent. She was about to order Commandramon to go out and take care of them, when one of them go was struck by lightning, and disappeared. Another was hit with a beam of light, the third with fire, the fourth with more lightning. 3 digimon and one human appeared. She blinked. Shouldn't there be two more humans, or at least it should have been one human and one Digimon. But no, raidramon with Morgan on his back, accompanied by two humanoid Digimon, one covered in near ragged looking clothes, with a furred head and chest and arms that looked just as ragged, with claws, the other a shirtless something with goggles and a huge mass of red mane coming out his head. He had a furry tail.
 
She checked her wristwatch, which was of course, actually her digi-vice. Flamemon and Strabimon. Ah, that explained it. The spirit evolution kids. They must not have come through correctly.
 
Raidramon glowed in light, and dedigivolved into Raimon, who looked like an electrical storm cloud, except no cloud, just lightning, with eyes, legs, hands, and head. A space where the body would be on anyone else though.
 
They came through the door. Zach was just putting his stuff away. “Nice timing, I just finished treating this kid for Dark beam burns.
 
Morgan looked down at Takato. “Nice work.”
 
Tina, meanwhile, had sent Commandramon off on patrol duty. She walked over and stood next to Rika and Kari. Yolie had joined Ken to listen to Henry's explanation. Tina looked down at Rika, who had a few tears rolling down her face as she looked at the now peaceful Takato. Guilmon, oddly not hungry, had curled up next to him. “Told you he'd be fine.” Rika nodded, stood up, and walked off.
“Rika!” called Renamon, who followed her.
 
Morgan walked towards Henry and the D3 boys, Raimon following. Morgan stopped to listen to Henry comparing notes with the other guys from adventure, while Raimon was approached by Veemon. “Hey, was that you that was a raidramon?”
 
Raimon nodded.
 
“I thought I was the only one who could do that, and I have to armor digivolve. How do you do it?”
 
Morgan answered for him. “Raimon can't talk in his rookie form. Electrical energy gives him a physical shape, but no voice anyone but me can comprehend. He digivolves into the champion form of Raidramon, which is of equivalent power to the armor form, but bears no crest. Armor digivolving was a way for other Digimon to assume powerful champion and beyond level forms even in the presence of dark area inhibiting power. They basically copied and encode digivolution forms into the armor digi-eggs, and certain Digimon could use those eggs to armor digivolve, but into what varied by type. Of course, the originals themselves were made for the purposes of creating champion forms and beyond that could be armor digivolved to. So you as raidramon is just as much the original as Raimon here.”
 
Veemon blinked. “uh, right, somebody tell me in English please.”
 
Henry spoke. “I think he means they based Raidramon off of Raimon, and so Raimon doesn't have a crest when he's raidramon, but he's no stronger than the armor form.”
 
“oh. Ok.”
 
Morgan laughed. “I could have said it like that, but it was more fun to give him the long complex version. I'm Morgan Reines guys, nice to meet all of you. Those two over there,” Here he indicated Takuya and Koji, who had been mobbed by several of the Digimon, “Are the digi-destined from a world where, instead of a digimon partner, they spirit evolve into an ancient digimon warrior who once defeated one of the 7 great demon lords. Oh course, we only got two of the 6 because only those two had powerful enough D-tectors.”
 
Ken asked, “What are D-tectors?”
 
“our form of digivice, I think,” said Takuya, walking over.
 
Cody looked at him, and blinked. “so are you a digimon?”
 
“Well, yeah, I am. Although I'm normally a human till a spirit evolve. Morgan said we must be here in spirit only, or something like that, and we left our physical bodies behind, which is why we turned into rookie forms of our legendary warrior selves.”
 
“So you and sourpuss over there are both digimon and humans?”
 
Takuya laughed, it was almost like a cat's roar. “Yeah, I guess. Sourpuss, that's Koji to the letter.”
 
Koji said nothing, but stayed over where he was. Just then, Rika appeared, grabbed Henry, and dragged him off. Terriermon was about to follow when Renamon reappeared, stopping him.
 
“Henry, what are you doing?” Rika turned to him, asking angrily, once they were some distance away from the others. “How do you know those are the real deal? This could all just be some elaborate trap. Takato almost died, and you hardly seemed fazed. You just went off and talked with your new friends!” Tears had appeared on her face. She looked ready to punch him.
 
“Ri Rika, I'm sorry, I just, well, Tina said not to worry, that we had to believe that he was going to be ok. So that's what I did. I put all my faith in Takato and you, and trusted you to keep watch on him and him to get better. I don't know what else I could do!” Henry said defensively, holding his hands out, palms up in a pleading gesture. “And since when have you gotten so emotional about Takato?” He let slip. Which was a mistake. She socked him, hard, on the jaw, and he dropped. She dashed off. Several of them saw what happened, but Kari and Tina were the only ones who moved. They dashed off after her. Renamon then moved to, but only to watch. She wouldn't speak to Rika till they got a moment of privacy, if that was actually possible.
 
Zach stood up, followed by Davis, Terriermon, and Veemon following him, and walked over to Henry. Davis and Zach helped pick him up. Terriermon hopped onto Henry's head, and put his face down in front of Henry's. “You alright Henry? You look like you just got hit with gargomon's bunny pummel.”
 
Henry grinned, grimaced, and said, “I feel like it to. I didn't know she could hit so hard.”
 
“Yeah, but why did she hit you man?” asked Davis, curious.
 
“I noticed something I wasn't supposed to, then I mentioned it to her. She's never played that well with others, and she usually bottles stuff up.”
 
Veemon chipped in, “So something has her uncorked?”
 
Zach chuckled as he and Davis led Henry over to a more comfortable place to sit down. “More like someone.” He nodded his head in Takato's direction.
 
Henry saw it, then asked, “He is going to be ok, isn't he?”
 
“Just keep believing in him and thinking positive, he'll be up in a couple hours. Well, he'll be conscious again. That's when it will start to hurt. I numbed things best I could, so he'll make up to mild suffering.” They set Henry down on the grass. The others, minus Kari and Tina and Renamon, came over. They had just started to all talk and get explanations, even Koji was adding the occasional comment, when The door creaked. A kid in white, followed by a husky with icicles hanging off it, Masaru, Agumon, Ikuto, and Falcomon, walked in.
 
“Hey Lucas, glad you could make it. So, who..” Morgan started, waving, but didn't get to finish. He was interrupted by TK and Patamon.
 
“Agumon! How did you get here?”
 
“I fell into the Digital Gate with Aniki. But how do you know me? Do I know you?”
 
“Come on Agumon, it's me, TK!”
 
“Aniki, what's he talking about?”
 
“stop confusing my follower, or we'll have to have a nice chat, fist to fist.”
 
“That won't be necessary Masaru. The answer is that he thinks that's the Agumon from his world.” Leo was the one who answered.
 
“Hey, Leo! What are you doing here?”
 
“Letting my fists do some preaching to some people who need to hear it.”
 
This banter, this familiarity, caught everyone by surprise. Morgan asked the question. “Leo, who do you know Masaru?”
 
“you know that time I got knocked through the dimesional Gate? I ended up in Masaru's dimension for a week. We found and fought each other to a standstill. Then we spent the next 5 days getting into lots of fights. The day after that, I found the gate you guys opened to bring me back.”
 
“Best 6 days of my life before I met Agumon. We fought what, 30 guys. We had all of them running.”
 
“Any trouble after I left.”
 
“They ganged up on me when they found you gone. I still gave them all a good sermon though.”
 
Leo laughed. “Welp, now the gangs all here. If we could just get a full round of introductions. I'm Leo, I'm part of the original 5 digi-destined, my partner is Blazermon, and I love fighting. Oh, and I'm 17.”
 
Introductions went around the circle. Most of them were about 15-16, a few older, a few, namely Cody(02 adventure) and Ikuto younger by several years. It was just as introductions were finishing that Rika, Kari, and Tina reappeared. Davis and Henry stood up, but Kari said forcefully. “Sit down. No one go near Rika.” Rika didn't even move in the direction of the group. He went and knelt down next to Takato.
 
Davis and Henry sat down, Kari and Tina introduced themselves, then Henry gave Rika's introduction for her, just saying her name, home, and partner digimon. He figured he'd get punched again for saying more.