Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Dark Journey ❯ That's a name of a different Tune ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 19 That's a name of a different tune
 
“Can you not run faster Tamer?”
 
“Hey I'm running as fast as I can but I'm tired, hungry, and confused. And this place just seems to love sapping my will to live and fight.”
 
“Yes, the dark area, it is known to do these things. But keep going! Even together, we cannot defeat them all!”
 
“We haven't even tried! How do we know that?”
 
“Because I have never beaten even half that number alone, and I know you cannot handle more than 1! Or you would have done so!”
 
“Oh ha ha! He just caught me by surprise!” The kid took a glance back. The Black Tyrranamon and other dino digimon that pursued them had surprisingly not gained ground, rather, they seemed intent on keeping the distance.
 
BlackRyudamon noticed his glance, and spoke again, saying, “We are being herded. But I know this area better than they, we can yet escape. Look, see? They march us toward that small cave, into which they will not fit. But it is a dead end there. But another cave is there, smaller, that only I have found. It will fit us both. But we must hurry.”
 
“Sounds like a plan, my little samurai dragon man, or I suppose it's mon, isn't it?”
 
“Your sense of humor, I like it.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
“Quickly, into the cave! I will hold them for a moment while you get in.” The hole was big enough for him to crawl through, which is why he had to go first… Black Ryuudamon could just walk right into it. It slipped into it and came out into a larger cavern, large enough that he could almost stand. Black Ryuudamon slipped into the cavern behind him. Some banging could be heard, but the cavern was apparently very rock solid. “we safe now. But must move. Tunnels have other enemies inside. Follow, quickly.”
 
The talked quietly as they walked, getting to know each other a little better as they went. Finally, “So, I never did get around to telling you my name.”
 
“you're name? You will trust me with it?”
 
The teen nodded. “Sure. It's,” But he was cut off by an echoing voice. Someone else was in the tunnels, talking loudly. It was obviously someone who didn't think they had to fear anything. Or were woefully ignorant.
 
*
 
At that moment…
 
“So where do we go, right or left? Cause there isn't a path going straight.”
 
“I don't know guys. But I'm against splitting up. Scooby doo and his gang always did, and that's how the ghost got them.” Ikuto looked around. “What? It's true. And who knows what kinds of digimon could be lurking around here.”
 
“I'm with Ikuto. Splitting up is a bad idea. I say we pick a direction and see if the signal gets closer by going that way,” Leo suggested.
 
“Sounds good to me. So how do we pick a direction?” asked Morgan, looking around at a sea of suddenly blank faces.
 
“Men,” Tina said in disgust, before marching off down the left hand path.
 
“I think that decides that…” Henry said, before following her with Takato and Rika. The others quickly took off after them.
 
It didn't take long to see that Tina had picked the right direction. The signal was moving closer.
 
“I think he's around this corner…” Takato commented, to no one in particular.
 
“That's good, I want to find this kid already,” Zach sighed.
 
“Dang it, my fists are getting itchy. Something is coming, and I'm betting we'll end up fighting it,” Masaru was saying to Leo.
 
“I'm inclined to agree with you. Blazermon, do you sense anything?”
 
“Just the usual weird feeling I get from these tunnels. Nothing specific…”
 
“Agumon?”
 
“I don't smell anything Aniki.”
 
“That's ok Agumon.”
 
“Hey the signal stopped moving! It's…. right behind this wall…” Takato sighed and sat down. “How do we go through a wall?” Quickly a succession of attempts were made by the digimon, but the best anyone managed was Razormon, who made a long deep cut in the wall, which did not reach all the way through the wall. The signal had not moved.
 
Suddenly, the wall shook. “Ehy, everyone, I think he's trying to get to us from the other side! Let's go back at this, this wall can be broken!” the only thing nobody had tried was Geogreymon, because Masaru had nothing to punch… and even it he had, Geogreymon would not have fit in the tunnel. As it was, only one champion could fit at the spot at a time.
 
Suddenly, the wall shook again. “Battle Rod Break!” It shattered.
 
“Hello all. I'm Corben Cypher, and I do hope you're friendly…” The kid with a sword stepped through the wall, a quadruped dragon wearing Samurai armor, GinRyumon, following him.
 
“They are friends, Tamer. They are Tamers too.” Corben blinked.
 
“Hey, I recognize you lot! You were on tv during that D-reaper incident! Wait, so those were really… digimon? Damn! I have got to stop disbelieving everything…”
 
“Um, yeah, that was us. Nice to meet you.”
 
“Thanks. Nice to meet you too,” he said as he held out his hand to shake.