Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Hunters ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

There was a large mansion on the beach and night was coming fast. The group went up to the door and Jason knocked the knocker. “Coming,” came a voice from inside. The door opened to reveal Wizardmon.
 
“Welcome. I've been expecting you. I received a call from Kamin Village. They told me what happened with Firebearmon. I should thank you for helping them. Come in and relax. It's getting late and you're more vulnerable at night,” Wizardmon said leading them in.
 
At first they were weary of this supposedly friendly digimon, but they entered anyway. They walked into a large living room with a bunch of chairs.
 
“It can get pretty lonely here by myself. I'm glad to have some company. There are rooms upstairs where you can sleep. If you'd please follow me,” Wizardmon said leading them upstairs. “You're a pretty quiet group, but I guess you're just being careful. Here we are,” he said pointing to two rooms on the left and two rooms on the right.
 
The twins took one rooms. Kyo and Gre quickly grabbed another. Leslie and Elie took the third room. This left the last room for Jason and Rei. Inside was a great platter with an abundance of food. After eating, everyone went to sleep except Jason.
 
`Something's not right,' Jason thought. Jason looked over at Velocimon and Birdmon. The two of them were asleep. He looked over at Rei. See too was sleeping. Jason got up and exited the room quietly. He walked over to the stairs and heard some voices.
 
“Please, they haven't come yet, I swear,” he heard Wizardmon say.
 
“I'll be back tomorrow. You'd better hope they're here if you want to stay alive,” he heard the other voice say.
 
Jason suddenly jolted awake. `It was just a dream,' Jason thought. `But it felt so real.' Jason was awake for about an hour before falling back to sleep.
 
The next morning they all woke up and ate breakfast. They looked in the closets and found bathing suits. Everyone changed into bathing suits and grabbed some towels. They thanked Wizardmon and went down to the beach.
 
Jason and the digimon didn't go into the water. The twins didn't go far into the water. Jason had lied down on a blanket and started to sunbathe, but didn't have a long time as heard someone scream.
 
Jason shot up and saw Leslie screaming. Elie started screaming. Suddenly, they were lifted up in the air. Kyo, Gre, and Rei were lifted up next. A giant octopus emerged from the water.
 
“Octomon!” Jason said angrily. He then turned to the twins. “Lao, Tao, Tyromon's attacks will be ineffective against him so it looks like it's up to you.”
 
The twins nodded to each other. “Go, Crabmon!” they exclaimed together. Their digivices glowed. Tao looked at the grey Crabmon. “Crabmon digivolve to Coelmon.” Coelmon immediately got into the water. Lao looked at the blue Crabmon. “Crabmon digivolve to Seadramon.” Seadramon followed Coelmon into the water.
 
Octomon looked at the two digimon with fear. “Spurting Ink,” he cried shooting ink at the two digimon. “Ancient Bite,” Coelmon raced towards Octomon. “Ice Breath,” Seadramon shot ice at Octomon. Before the attacks could hit, Octomon dropped the digidestined and ran off. “I'll get you for this, Digidestined,” Octomon called out as he ran off. Coelmon and Seadramon helped the others back to shore.
 
They all went back to Wizardmon's mansion. Wizardmon was practically skipping for joy. “Thank you, digidestined. He's been bothering me for days now. I shall lend you my boat so that you can get to Darklordmon's island. The digidestined spent the night in the mansion and said their farewells the next morning as they rode off in Wizardmon's boat.