Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Hunters ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Jason was sitting below deck by himself. He was thinking of a strategy of how to beat Darklordmon. The problem was that he didn't know much about Darklordmon. He heard someone coming down the steps. Jason looked over to see Rei.
 
“What's up?” he asked.
 
“I…I just wanted to say thanks. You've saved me a few times now.” She said.
 
“No, I haven't,” Jason said.
 
“Well, if it wasn't for you…”She started. She walked over to him. “I wouldn't be here.” She quickly hugged him and he hugged her back, not knowing what else to do.
 
They broke off a minute later. They went back up. There was a large island in front of them. They landed along the beach. Along the beach was a forest. They traveled down a path into the forest. They couldn't seem to find anyone to ask if this was Darklordmon's island.
 
The fact that there was a lack of inhabitants was a bad sign. They heard a small cry and ran over to find a Gekomon.
 
“What's wrong?” Jason asked.
 
“It's Parrotmon. He's taken everyone else.” When Gekomon realized that they weren't people he knew, he ran away.
 
“Well, now we know why we can't find anyone,” Tao said.
 
They ran after Gekomon. They followed him to a cave and went in. There were glowing mushrooms on the ground. Soon enough they found Gekomon. Gekomon was surprised to see that they weren't attacking. After they explained themselves, Gekomon apologized for his rude behavior.
 
“Is this Darklordmon's island?” Gre asked.
 
“Heavens, no! This is Gekomon Island, but I'm the last Gekomon here. The rest are being held captive in the dungeons of Gekomon castle,” Gekomon told them. “Gekomon castle is in the center of the island, but beware of Parrotmon.”
 
The digidestined thanked Gekomon for the warning and left the cave. They headed towards the castle, and, unfortunately found Parrotmon guarding it. Parrotmon looked right at them. Before they knew what happened, Parrotmon swooped down and grabbed Jason.
 
“Jason!” everyone cried as they ran after Parrotmon who had flown into the sky.
 
Rei couldn't move. Birdmon noticed and went back. “Come on, we've got to help Jason,” he said.
 
“I…I can't,” she said softly in dismay.
 
“Yes, you can. Jason has saved you. Don't you think it's time to repay the favor?” Birdmon asked.
 
Rei thought for a minute. “You're right. Let's go Birdmon,” she said. Her digivice started to glow as she ran after Parrotmon.
 
“Birdmon digivolve to Wingmon.” Wingmon reminded Rei of a small version of Garudamon. He had the head of a hawk and a humanish body. His hands and feet were still talons.
 
“Get him, Wingmon,” Rei yelled as they caught up to the group. Wingmon soared over the heads of the other digidestined.
 
Parrotmon laughed as he dropped Jason. Jason closed his eyes as he saw the trees getting closer and closer. Next thing he knew, he was being held by Wingmon. He opened his eyes and saw Parrotmon ready to attack.
 
“Feather blast,” Wingmon cried, shooting feathers at Parrotmon.
 
“Spark Cracker,” Parrotmon shot a bolt of lightning at Wingmon, but the feathers absorbed the electricity and hit Parrotmon. He digitized into a digiegg. Wingmon caught the digiegg as he destroyed the black sphere.
 
Afterwards, the digidestined released the Gekomon. Jason went over to Rei. “If you owed me before, we're even,” he said. As he went back to the others, Rei blushed. After saying farewell to the Gekomon, who told them how to get to Darklordmon's island, they set off, ready for their next adventure.