Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Hunters ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A day's travel later, they landed on Darklordmon's island. They traveled up the part warily. “We need to keep our guard up,” Jason said. The trees on the island were pitch black. There was a dense fog and a dark aura that made them shiver.
 
A dark laugh came out of the fog. The fog slowly surrounded the digidestined.
 
“Who's there?” Leslie called out.
 
“I am Fogmon. I may not appear to fit my name, but my ability to create fog certainly does,” said the dark voice. A shadow appeared in the fog. It was a caped body with a floating orb for a head. “Oh, and don't forget my partner, Meramon. I hide him while he incinerates my opponents.”
 
Suddenly, as Fogmon disappeared into the fog, balls of fire shot at the digidestined. They tried to dodge them, but most of the digimon were knocked out. The only ones not knocked out were Gizamon, Scrubmon, and Felimon. The digidestined looked after their digimon partners.
 
“First, thing we need to do is stop Fogmon. What we need is some way of stopping him.” Jason said.
 
“I could stop him if I could digivolve,” Scrubmon said.
 
“Well, we'll just have to try,” Jason said. Just then, more fireballs shot at them. This time they were aimed for the humans.
 
“Scrubmon!” Leslie screamed.
 
“Gizamon!” Elie cried.
 
Their digimon jumped in the way as their digivices glowed. “Scrubmon digivolve to Vinemon.” “Gizamon digivolve to Deltamon.” Vinemon looked like a green man whose clothes were made of vines. Deltamon blocked most of the fireballs.
 
Vinemon quickly grabbed Leslie as a fireball almost hit her. “Are you alright?” Vinemon asked her. She nodded. Vinemon set her down. “Vine hold.” He said. Vines from around his arms went into the ground. They heard a scream of surprise from the fog.
 
“Felimon digivolve to Catmon.” Catmon attacked at the place where they heard the scream. The fog lifted as they saw Fogmon digitize into a digiegg.
 
“Triple forces,” they heard Deltamon cry as he shot three lasers, one from each head, at Meramon who also digitized into a digiegg. They then destroyed the black spheres.
 
However, now was not the time to celebrate. The rest of the digimon were up now. A black cloud came out of the forest. It formed into a red man in a black cloak. The digimon gave an evil. The rest of the digimon partners digivolved. “Ha ha ha. You think you can defeat me? Even as eight champion level digimon level digimon you won't stand a chance. I am one of Darklordmon's top eight servants. I am Orbmon,” the dark digimon said.
 
Orbmon shot an orb at each of the eight digimon and they digitized back into their in-training forms. Each of the digidestined went to their partners. Orbmon laughed. The digidestined were suddenly encased in giant black orbs. The orbs were lifted off the ground and were sent in eight different directions across Zeta.