Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Hunters ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Jason held into the small four-legged digimon. It also had a small dinosaur-like head that had two horns on the back of the head. It had the same scar-like marks over its eyes as Velocimon. He felt the orb crash into some rocks. When the orb dissolved, Jason saw that he was on a mountain nowhere near the ocean. He let the small digimon down.
 
“Velotimon digivolve to Velocimon. I'm sorry, Jason. We failed,” Velocimon said.
 
“It's okay,” said a voice to Jason's left. The two looked over to see a digimon covered in ammo and guns. “I'm Warmon. But don't let my name fool you. I'm actually the reason you're here. Follow me and I'll explain.”
 
They followed him to a cave. Inside the cave was a fire already lit. At the other side of the cave, on the wall, was a symbol Jason had never seen before. Jason walked over to the symbol. It began to glow and the wall shrank into a tag and crest. Behind the wall was a sword. The symbol from the wall was on the sword. Jason grabbed the tag and crest.
 
“You are the owner of the crest of courage. I created the crests of this world to give the digidestined enough power to defeat Darklordmon. Darklordmon was created from me. Before you go attacking me, allow me to explain.
 
“When this world, now called Zeta, was created, I was created to protect it. However, a few years ago, a virus infected me and it took my power. Back then I was Lordmon. I expelled the virus and it created a digiegg. The egg hatched into Darkwarriormon. It quickly grew, becoming Darkwarmon, then Darknoblemon, and finally Darklordmon. As he grew, he drained my power until I was reduced back to Warmon.
 
“I knew that this was going to be a problem so I created the tags and crests based off the original tags that were used about 55 years ago. But I also created weapons so that the digidestined could help fight alongside their digimon partners. Go and grab the sword,” Warmon finished.
 
Jason went over and grabbed the sword, but as he did a digimon blasted through the entrance of the cave. It was a Monochromon. Velocimon was still too weak to fight. Jason gripped the sword of courage. “Digital Armor activate!” Jason called out. He felt armor form over his body. His helmet was shaped like Greymon's head and his armor was read. Jason gripped the sword of courage as hard as he could.
 
Monochromon charged at Jason. Jason stopped Monochromon's charge with his sword. Warmon jumped to the side of Monochromon and pulled out two pistols. “Gun Barrage,” he cried. About thirty portals opened up and gun barrels popped out of the portals. All of the guns shot at Monochromon, digitizing him into a digiegg. Jason destroyed the dark sphere. After the battle, the sword and armor went into Jason's digivice.
 
“I shall travel with you for a short time. Once you meet up with your friend, Gre, I will have to leave you to find the others,” Warmon said. Jason and Velocimon followed Warmon down the mountain and through the forest towards Gre and Kabumon.