Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Hunters ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rei held onto the small chick. When the orb disappeared, she found herself in a frozen dessert. She saw another orb land not too far away. She put down the chick. “Feathermon digivolve to Birdmon.”
 
“Let's go, Birdmon. Someone else landed over there,” Rei said. She ran towards the orb, or where the orb had been. After about an hour of traveling, she came upon a house. She was really cold, seeing as she wasn't wearing much. She went up and knocked on the door.
 
A Starmon opened the door. “Hurry in. A storm is brewing and you wouldn't want to get caught in it. Your friend is right in here,” he said leading them into the living room. There, sitting in a chair drinking hot cocoa, was Leslie. Scrubmon was sitting on the floor next to the chair.
 
“Leslie, you're safe,” Rei said happily.
 
“Yeah, but just barely. I was about to feint and Starmon helped me out. He works for Warmon,” Leslie said.
 
“Who's Warmon?” Rei asked. Starmon explained the entire situation to Rei. “So, Gre and Jason are on their way here?” Rei asked trying to confirm this.
 
“Well, they're supposed to be at least. However, there are some things we need to do before they get here. Once the storm clears out, we're going to head for a cave to the north,” Starmon told them.
 
They spent the night trying to sleep, but that was just about impossible with the howling wind outside. The next morning, they ate a warm breakfast and put on coats that Starmon lent them. They followed Starmon out of the house and to north.
 
“So Leslie, before you got to Zeta, what was your life like?” Rei asked.
 
“I lived in a nice mansion. I didn't have Scrubmon at the time. Nobody at school liked me because they thought I was too snobby to have a digimon partner. Well, I showed them. I've got a great digimon partner,” Leslie said. If Rei didn't know any better, she would have said that Scrubmon was blushing. “What about you?”
 
“I grew up with my parents barely scraping by. It was hard enough when it was just them and their partners. Nut it got a lot tougher when they had three kids, two of which had partners. I don't know what it's going to be like when I get back. I guess thinking about it makes me a little homesick,” Rei said.
 
“We're almost at the cave,” Starmon informed them. When they got to the cave, they were surprised. It was more of a rock building then a cave. They went inside and each went to their crests. Rei received the crest of love. Leslie received the crest of sincerity. Behind the crest of love was a whip. Behind the crest of sincerity was a spear.
 
A cackling laugh came from the entrance of the cave. There were two digimon at the entrance of the cave. One was the bird digimon Kokatorimon. The other was a giant yellow ape, Apemon. “We've been waiting for you. Frozen Shot,” Kokatorimon shot beams out of his eyes at the two digidestined. Birdmon and Scrubmon jumped in the way. As the beams hit, they were turned into stone.
 
“Birdmon!”
 
“Scrubmon!”
 
“Quickly grab your weapons,” Starmon said getting in front of the two.
 
Rei ran over to the whip. Leslie went to the spear. They nodded at each other and grabbed the weapons. “Digital Armor activate!” they shouted together. Rei's armor was pink. She had a normal helmet, but there were metallic wings on the back. Leslie's armor was different. It was green and had metal flowers covering it.
 
Apemon was punching Starmon, who was getting weaker with each punch. Leslie ran over and blocked the next punch with her spear. She then slashed Apemon. He stumbled backwards.
 
Meanwhile, Rei was hitting Kokatorimon with her whip. She was flying around dodging Kokatorimon's attacks. “Star Punch,” Starmon said as he punched Kokatorimon, digitizing him into a digiegg. Starmon did the same thing to Apemon.
 
Rei destroyed her black sphere. Leslie tried to destroy her black sphere, but it dashed toward the exit of the cave. Starmon quickly took care of it.
 
“Thanks,” Leslie said. Scrubmon and Birdmon were now back to normal. Leslie and Rei held Starmon up as they headed back to the house. About halfway there, they met up with Jason and Gre. Jason told them that Kabumon and Velocimon were already back at the house. Jason and Gre carried Starmon the rest of the way back.
 
When they got back, Rei and Leslie sat by the fire while Jason and Gre carried Starmon upstairs. The two boys then joined the girls downstairs. They sat around the fireplace silently for a time.
 
“Jason, did you…I mean, were you…What were you like before you got here? To Zeta?” Rei asked. Gre and Leslie were now looking at him.
 
Jason sighed. He then told them that he had been teased all his life for not having a digimon partner. He told them that they had teased him so much that he had to be home schooled. He told them that meeting Velocimon was the happiest moment of life.
 
Rei went on to tell her story. Leslie then told her story. Afterwards, they all looked at Gre. He looked down at the floor. “I was just the opposite of Jason. I wasn't the one getting pushed around, I was the one pushing around. Nobody made fun of me for not having a digimon partner. In fact, people WANTED to be my friend, but I was so jealous that I pushed them away,” Gre said.